PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever watched "History of The Eagles" yet?

BITEYOASS
12-02-2013, 08:02 PM
One thing I learned from this documentary is that Glenn Frey is an asshole. I don't even think Eddie resorted to this bullshit with Dave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU1q6cy9GPY

DONNIEP
12-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Holy hell! I'm only a minute and 33 seconds in and this shit is serious!

DONNIEP
12-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Here's part one. You'll see part two over to the side.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyxs0e_history-of-the-eagles-2013-part-1_music

SunisinuS
12-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Hey i wanna party with you cowboy.....that time....with your buddies with the cow....and they tried to make it with the cow.....

Lighten Up Francis.

BITEYOASS
12-02-2013, 10:58 PM
And all this was over some Senator who later was part of the Keating five scandal.

cadaverdog
12-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Hey i wanna party with you cowboy.....that time....with your buddies with the cow....and they tried to make it with the cow.....

Lighten Up Francis.
I made a Stripes reference in another thread yesterday. Fragglerock said his real name is Francesco. I should have said lighten up Fransesco at the end like Sgt. Hulka.

Kristy
12-03-2013, 05:59 PM
One thing I learned from this documentary is that Glenn Frey is an asshole.

Just Glenn? No Donnie Boy?

Here's the true Eagles "documentary": One day a bunch of rich, suburban white kids from southern California were kicked out of their parents' house for all being assholes and all found themselves living together in a shitty apartment on the L.A. Strip. After doing a lot of drugs, drink and "nailing" stale pussy they decided to write songs but weren't any good at it. So they did other peoples' songs and found out they were good at that so their rich, white yuppie parents hired them a famous but costly limey producer; they made a shitty album or two. Then they hired a burn out drug-fucked musician who could write a decent guitar riff, made a monster album and became even bigger assholes. Now they are no longer a band but a corporation like Wal-Mart only more assholey.

silverfish
12-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Don Felder's book Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles (1974 - 2001)
also had some pretty good Frey stories tho' if I remember correctly (in the
book) it was Frey who is quoted as saying "Nobody can suck the fun out of
a room like Don Henley."

Von Halen
12-04-2013, 01:17 PM

Here's the true Eagles "documentary": One day a bunch of rich, suburban white kids from southern California were kicked out of their parents' house for all being assholes and all found themselves living together in a shitty apartment on the L.A. Strip. After doing a lot of drugs, drink and "nailing" stale pussy they decided to write songs but weren't any good at it. So they did other peoples' songs and found out they were good at that so their rich, white yuppie parents hired them a famous but costly limey producer; they made a shitty album or two. Then they hired a burn out drug-fucked musician who could write a decent guitar riff, made a monster album and became even bigger assholes. Now they are no longer a band but a corporation like Wal-Mart only more assholey.

Close, but Glenn Frey is from Michigan. Went to high school with my old boss. My old boss said he was an asshole in high school, and it appears he is still an asshole.

Satan
12-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Don Henley is from Texas. Original guitarist Bernie Leadon was from Florida, and his replacement Joe Walsh was from Ohio. Not sure about either of the bass players, but I don't think any of them were native Californians.

Zing!
12-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Close, but Glenn Frey is from Michigan. Went to high school with my old boss. My old boss said he was an asshole in high school, and it appears he is still an asshole.

I'm thinking this would be a good spot for a Spaceballs "they're all assholes, sir" clip.

Kristy
12-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Don Henley is from Texas. Original guitarist Bernie Leadon was from Florida, and his replacement Joe Walsh was from Ohio. Not sure about either of the bass players, but I don't think any of them were native Californians.

They formed in California. God damn it.

Satan
12-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Well.... the Quarrynumbers (John Lennon, George Harrison, John Entwistle and Keith Moon) formed in Hell, but that doesn't mean they're natives. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Frodo
12-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Joe Walsh was from Kansas, but went to college at Kent State.

wolfsbane
12-07-2013, 01:42 PM
I can't believe that I agree with Kristy.

The Eagles do suck. But, I love Joe Walsh. Wish he never wound up with those butt-heads.

One thing I have got to say, I saw them live. Kudos to them playing Hotel California as the third song - so, anyone who came for that song could leave. The rest of the night it was the Joe Walsh show with a backing band.

Terry
12-07-2013, 08:02 PM

The Eagles do suck. But, I love Joe Walsh. Wish he never wound up with those butt-heads.

One thing I have got to say, I saw them live. Kudos to them playing Hotel California as the third song - so, anyone who came for that song could leave. The rest of the night it was the Joe Walsh show with a backing band.

Yeah, there's just something about the Eagles that's always kinda left me cold...like, their stuff, for the most part, came across as more calculated than anything else...and Walsh was always the best part of the band (I've never really been thrilled with much the band did BEFORE he joined, to be honest).

They're one of those bands that has been so successful that if one is a rock fan it feels almost obligatory to like them, but I...just really don't. Frey's stuff (even within the context of the Eagles)is mediocre. Henley is a buzzkill who comes across like he has some line on deep, wisdom-laden thoughts (SOME of his Eagles tunes and solo stuff is ok).

Walsh is the only one who brings a sense of fun to the band. Who ever brought the type of music and attitude to the band that wasn't premeditated to the point of tedium.

cadaverdog
12-07-2013, 08:09 PM

You're just pissed off because own of those stale pussies belonged to your mom and one of those pricks is your real dad. Henley's a real prick. I bet it's him.

cadaverdog
12-07-2013, 08:19 PM
The "Eagles" bio is pretty close to what Kristy said except the writing decent tunes part. Most of their big hits were written by them. They are more of a corporation than a band. They're almost as greedy as Paul McCartney when it comes to ticket prices. They had a few good tunes but assholes pretty much describes Henley and Frey.

Nickdfresh
12-08-2013, 04:47 AM
I find the Eagles to be fairly boring outside a few songs. I would never go to an overpriced whorefest of their shows and watch replacement musicians. It's pretty mind boggling that they fired Don Felder after all these years after playing rings around Joe Walsh...

twonabomber
12-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Joe Walsh was from Kansas, but went to college at Kent State.

Yup. One of the other James Gang guys lives in Concord...forget which one, and too lazy to look it up.

I had always heard Henley was an asshole, but just recently heard that Frey was as well.

Kristy
12-09-2013, 01:35 PM

Me neither.

She's such a bitch.

Seshmeister
12-09-2013, 03:04 PM
I was reading about The Big Lebowski soundtrack earlier.

A tougher get was Townes Van Zandt's cover of the Rolling Stones' "Dead Flowers," which plays over Lebowski's closing credits. "[Former Stones manager] Allen Klein owns the rights to it," Burnett says. "He wanted $150,000." Burnett begged Klein to just come down and watch an early cut of Lebowski. "It got to the part where the Dude says, 'I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!' Klein stands up and says, 'That's it, you can have the song!' That was beautiful." For the record, Burnett agrees with the Dude ("[The Eagles] sort of single-handedly destroyed that whole scene that was brewing back then," he says), but the line infuriated Glenn Frey. "I ran into [Frey] and he gave me some shit," Jeff Bridges says. "I can't remember what he said exactly, but my anus tightened a bit."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/inside-the-dudes-stoner-soundtrack-19691231#ixzz2n0g4Tplg
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Zing!
12-09-2013, 03:37 PM
I was reading about The Big Lebowski soundtrack earlier.

Haha - I use that line all the time. Whenever they come on the radio I always say, "I fucking hate the Eagles, man!" as I switch the station.