PDA

View Full Version : Lennon assassination

Bob_R
12-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Today marks the 33rd anniversary of John Lennon's assassination.

The world was robbed of a great talent with many more musical endeavors ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7ThzeFA8lg

cadaverdog
12-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Today marks the 33rd anniversary of John Lennon's assassination.

The world was robbed of a great talent with many more musical endeavors ahead.

A talented musician died the same day Lennon did? Was it Tiny Tim?

Bob_R
12-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Don't be an asshole C-Dog. You may not have liked John Lennon but he never harmed another human being. And, any person that lives their life like that doesn't deserve to die that way.

In this instance, you would have been better served keeping your fingers off the keyboard for this thread.

cadaverdog
12-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Don't be an asshole C-Dog. You may not have liked John Lennon but he never harmed another human being. And, any person that lives their life like that doesn't deserve to die that way.

In this instance, you would have been better served keeping your fingers off the keyboard for this thread.
I never said the man deserved to die. I wasn't one of the people saying Paul Walker deserved to die because he made shitty movies either. I just don't think The Beatles invented rock and roll or did much to change it either. John Lennon used to go to clubs in Hollywood and throw tampons at the musicians who hadn't made it to the big time like him and his pals. He wasn't some peace loving hippy who gave all his money to charity. He was a rich rock star that lived the good life until Mark Chapman shot him to death. No one who hasn't killed another person deserves to die but we all gotta go sometime. We don't get to pick when and where.

vandeleur
12-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Am going with the yes the Beatles changed music cool kids on this one , tho I do concede I can't be arsed to post the million links to back the facts :D

cadaverdog
12-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Am going with the yes the Beatles changed music cool kids on this one , tho I do concede I can't be arsed to post the million links to back the facts :D
What exactly did they do to change music? They didn't invent rock and roll. They didn't play instruments that nobody ever heard of. They were in the right place at the right time. Music evolved during the time the Beatles were the most well known band. They weren't harder, faster, edgier or more talented than a hundred other bands playing at clubs in England in the early sixties. They used to wear jeans on stage when they played. It was the people promoting them that made them wear suits and smile pretty for the cameras. I'm sure they'd rather have been able to sing I Wanna Fondle Your Breasts than I wanna Hold Your Hand. They became what the people promoting them wanted them to be. Once they were there then they started doing their own thing but it still wasn't overwhelmingly better or more advanced than what anybody else was doing at the time.
I don't get why some people act like you called their mother a whore if you don't bow down to the Beatles. I'm not on here talking about Eddie Van Halen being overrated as to his contribution to music. The Beatles are the most popular rock and roll band that ever existed but I'm not a big fan. I wanted to hear Steppenwolf or The MC5 or Cream or Hendrix when every other song on the radio was the Beatles. I liked Peter Framptons Live album the first thousand times I heard it but it got old eventually. I must have ODed on The Beatles.

vandeleur
12-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Cool you won me over :D

cadaverdog
12-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Cool you won me over :D
It wasn't my intention but you have enlightened me. I'm offended because people don't agree with me so I feel I have to prove my point. You're entitled to your own opinion as well. I don't know why it bothers me that people like The Beatles. I'm getting to the point of wanting to shoot one of the two Beatles that are still breathing. I used to like Ringo. Can't say the same for Paul, if that really is Paul.

Sensible Shoes
12-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Number 9 number 9.....

cadaverdog
12-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Paul is Dead too. He died in an accident on Blue Jay Way. He's buried in a grave with four words on the tombstone. I was the Walrus.

Satan
12-09-2013, 08:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR9JMwzxybE

Terry
12-15-2013, 04:24 PM
What exactly did they do to change music? They didn't invent rock and roll. They didn't play instruments that nobody ever heard of. They were in the right place at the right time. Music evolved during the time the Beatles were the most well known band. They weren't harder, faster, edgier or more talented than a hundred other bands playing at clubs in England in the early sixties. They used to wear jeans on stage when they played. It was the people promoting them that made them wear suits and smile pretty for the cameras. I'm sure they'd rather have been able to sing I Wanna Fondle Your Breasts than I wanna Hold Your Hand. They became what the people promoting them wanted them to be. Once they were there then they started doing their own thing but it still wasn't overwhelmingly better or more advanced than what anybody else was doing at the time.
I don't get why some people act like you called their mother a whore if you don't bow down to the Beatles. I'm not on here talking about Eddie Van Halen being overrated as to his contribution to music. The Beatles are the most popular rock and roll band that ever existed but I'm not a big fan. I wanted to hear Steppenwolf or The MC5 or Cream or Hendrix when every other song on the radio was the Beatles. I liked Peter Framptons Live album the first thousand times I heard it but it got old eventually. I must have ODed on The Beatles.

I can see some of your points (I especially enjoyed your observation that 'people act like you called their mother a whore if you don't bow down to the Beatles'). To me, the Beatles have been over explained, overhyped, over promoted. And it is true the Beatles didn't come out of a vacuum and create rock and roll.

But...they're The Beatles.

As for John Lennon, he wasn't a messiah, or 'Saint John' or some flawless icon. He was a man, and thus he made his mistakes (if anything, I thought Goldman's book made for a more interesting portrait of him - truth to one side - than the standard rock journalist worship portraits did). However, even putting Lennon's life and character to one side, the man was shot in the back while coming home with his wife to the home they shared with their son. Now, I don't have much use for Yoko, and Lennon was capable of doing some pretty nasty things...but shit, man, that's a fucked up way to die that Lennon didn't deserve even if the rumored instances of him at his worst turned out to be true.

cadaverdog
12-15-2013, 04:57 PM
I took a trip to the most reliable information site on the internet to check out Lennon's "assassination". I remember the story at the time that Chapman idolized Lennon and shot him because he (Chapman) thought he was Lennon. Turns out he killed him for bad mouthing God and The Beatles. They said he was mentally competent to stand trial but even the prosecution agreed he wasn't quite right in the head. He's been in prison for over thirty years for shooting Lennon. I think he should have been executed but it looks like they're giving him Life without the possibility of parole instead. He probably could have shot Yoko too and gotten out already.

Terry
12-15-2013, 07:56 PM
I took a trip to the most reliable information site on the internet to check out Lennon's "assassination". I remember the story at the time that Chapman idolized Lennon and shot him because he (Chapman) thought he was Lennon. Turns out he killed him for bad mouthing God and The Beatles. They said he was mentally competent to stand trial but even the prosecution agreed he wasn't quite right in the head. He's been in prison for over thirty years for shooting Lennon. I think he should have been executed but it looks like they're giving him Life without the possibility of parole instead. He probably could have shot Yoko too and gotten out already.

Chapman has said many times that the reason he shot Lennon boiled down to Chapman feeling like he was a nobody, and he gave into what he defined as childish impulses that convinced him shooting a celebrity of Lennon's magnitude would make [Chapman] a 'somebody'. Sadly, this proved to be true. Lennon wasn't the only celebrity Chapman considered shooting. Part of the senseless waste can be found in some of the things Chapman did in the years leading up to the shooting, such as working directly with Vietnamese refugees and the like. His life before shooting Lennon couldn't be fairly be characterized as a total waste or completely devoid of potential.
Obviously, things for a variety of reasons went awry for him, and this was the sad result.
The primary aspect of Chapman's personality that emerges when one reads about him is a magnified case of narcissism. To Chapman, Lennon was viewed as a blob or an image in a magazine. Even to this day, Chapman has problems putting how the assassination affected Lennon and his family over what happened to himself as a result of the shooting. Chapman will talk along the lines of how it was a shame he shot Lennon, but how Chapman has found peace and salvation in prison as a result of everything that happened in a way that [Chapman] never had in the years before the shooting. It almost comes across like Chapman is rationalizing that Lennon pretty much had to die for Chapman to find solace.
It's all moot, anyway. Chapman doesn't even WANT to be released from Attica. And why should he? He was pretty much unable to manage his life prior to December, 1980, and now he gets his meals/clothing/shelter provided for him without having to lift a finger to support himself. There's nothing outside prison for him, anyway.

cadaverdog
12-15-2013, 09:34 PM
There's nothing outside prison for him, anyway.
He could shoot another Beatle.

DLR Bridge
12-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Lennon wasn't the only celebrity Chapman considered shooting.

I believe he had it down to three. John Lennon, David Bowie or Johnny Carson.

cadaverdog
12-15-2013, 10:04 PM
I believe he had it down to three. John Lennon, David Bowie or Johnny Carson.
Believe it or not I never wished Lennon dead but I think Chapman picked the right one. Killing Lennon made him famous world wide. Bowie was well known but he wasn't as well known as Lennon then and Carson wouldn't have been as easy to catch out in public. I've heard he wasn't big on socializing.

DLR Bridge
12-15-2013, 10:16 PM
The only right choice would have been himself. Without making a fucking spectacle.

Satan
12-15-2013, 11:06 PM
The best choice would have been shooting the treasonous BCE/CIA thug who brainwashed him (and Hinkley) in the first place.

Seshmeister
12-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Chapman has said many times that the reason he shot Lennon boiled down to Chapman feeling like he was a nobody, and he gave into what he defined as childish impulses that convinced him shooting a celebrity of Lennon's magnitude would make [Chapman] a 'somebody'. Sadly, this proved to be true. Lennon wasn't the only celebrity Chapman considered shooting. Part of the senseless waste can be found in some of the things Chapman did in the years leading up to the shooting, such as working directly with Vietnamese refugees and the like. His life before shooting Lennon couldn't be fairly be characterized as a total waste or completely devoid of potential.
Obviously, things for a variety of reasons went awry for him, and this was the sad result.
The primary aspect of Chapman's personality that emerges when one reads about him is a magnified case of narcissism. To Chapman, Lennon was viewed as a blob or an image in a magazine.

I think it's surprising and almost weird that the Chapman scenario doesn't happen all the time.

Especially now with the celebrity culture plus the internet making it trivial to track their location I'm amazed that a Kim Kardashian doesn't get popped every other week. Fuck knows there are enough nutcases out there...

vandeleur
12-16-2013, 03:32 AM
I've seen the video where Kim kardasian gets popped , not as interesting as you would think :D

Satan
12-16-2013, 03:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma4bIvgnJi4

cadaverdog
12-16-2013, 05:31 AM
The best choice would have been shooting the treasonous BCE/CIA thug who brainwashed him (and Hinkley) in the first place.
You're starting to sound just like another whack job that posts here. I'll bet when you were a little boy your mama told you the BCE was under your bed so you wouldn't get up and fuck around in the middle of the night. I think Lennon brainwashed Hinkley to kill Ronnie Raygun but Chapman killed him before he got the job done. Hinkley was already brainwashed so he went ahead and tried to kill Ronnie as planned.

Von Halen
12-16-2013, 08:28 AM
I hate the fucking Beatles.

I haven't spent one second missing John Lennon.

twonabomber
12-16-2013, 09:11 AM
I think Ringo is going to outlive McCartney.

Satan
12-16-2013, 11:42 AM
You're starting to sound just like another whack job that posts here. I'll bet when you were a little boy your mama told you the BCE was under your bed so you wouldn't get up and fuck around in the middle of the night. I think Lennon brainwashed Hinkley to kill Ronnie Raygun but Chapman killed him before he got the job done. Hinkley was already brainwashed so he went ahead and tried to kill Ronnie as planned.

Hinkley and Chapman were brainwashed together at a "camp" operated by "World Vision", a supposed religious charity that is a known CIA front. World Vision at the time was ran by Hinkley's father. The hit on Lennon and the attempt on Reagan were virtually identical, in various aspects from the actions of the shooter to the choice of reading material (Catcher In the Rye)

Put down the socks for a few minutes and do some research.

cadaverdog
12-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Hinkley and Chapman were brainwashed together at a "camp" operated by "World Vision", a supposed religious charity that is a known CIA front. World Vision at the time was ran by Hinkley's father. The hit on Lennon and the attempt on Reagan were virtually identical, in various aspects from the actions of the shooter to the choice of reading material (Catcher In the Rye)

Where? At nuts are us ? Like you? No thanx. Everything's a conspiracy to nuts like you. You still swear 9/11 was a BCE operation and it's over 12 years since it happened but nobody's come forward that was involved and told your version of the truth because they felt so guilty for what they did.

Satan
12-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Ultimately, 9/11 was a BCE operation, regardless of which story you believe.

Even if you go with the ridiculous "19 idiots with razor blades taking orders from a kidney patient in a cave, and Allah suspended the laws of physics long enough for a common office fire to topple two 110 story buildings" story, that doesn't negate the fact that the kidney patient was a CIA asset and long term friend of the BCE.

Kristy
12-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Believe it or not I never wished Lennon dead but I think Chapman picked the right one. Killing Lennon made him famous world wide. Bowie was well known but he wasn't as well known as Lennon then and Carson wouldn't have been as easy to catch out in public. I've heard he wasn't big on socializing.

Fuck off.

Kristy
12-16-2013, 01:16 PM
I hate the fucking Beatles.

I haven't spent one second missing John Lennon.

Reason No. 2 on why you are an asshole, Von.

sonrisa salvaje
12-16-2013, 02:37 PM
I always admired Lennon. The Beatles afforded him the freedom to go off and do what he wanted to do without concern for commercial success. I didn't care much for most of his solo stuff...i was more into Wings but there is no denying Double Fantasy was killer. He was also a guy that stood up for what he believed in despite the controversy he caused at times. I really can't say anything bad about him except that he married Yoko. I don't know what would make anyone fall in love with someone like her but maybe his heart was as abstract as some of his music.

78/84 guy
12-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Wings was way better than anything Lennon did. I mean he was a great songwriter but nothing about his solo stuff was rock and roll. Not to mention he married the ugly witch !

DLR Bridge
12-16-2013, 03:15 PM
I don't know what would make anyone fall in love with someone like her but maybe his heart was as abstract as some of his music.

Interestingly put. About as accurate a hypothesis as anyone could possibly come up with. I think he was drawn more to her avant-garde ways off the bat and was swept away by the stir she caused within the art world. He wasn't getting that excitement with his much prettier bride.

Satan
12-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Wings was better than Lennon's solo albums??

Highly debatable. After Venus & Mars, completely dragonshit.

78/84 guy
12-16-2013, 03:24 PM
I didn't say better. I just think they were more rocking. I like some of Lennons solo stuff but don't hear the rock influence at all. Sure Wings ran out of ideas by the late 70's.

DLR Bridge
12-16-2013, 03:31 PM
There wasn't much called Wings after Venus and Mars. Speed Of Sound and London Town each had a decent handful of tunes, however shmaltzy they may have been. Back To The Egg was pretty bad.

John and Paul are tough to compare, especially since John took that 5 year break.

WARF's Vagina
12-16-2013, 03:36 PM
He could shoot another Beatle.

He should actually shoot you. The world and this site would be a better place. :gulp:

WARF's Vagina
12-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Where? At nuts are us ? Like you? No thanx. Everything's a conspiracy to nuts like you. You still swear 9/11 was a BCE operation and it's over 12 years since it happened but nobody's come forward that was involved and told your version of the truth because they felt so guilty for what they did.

you're a fucking asshole sockfucker. :baby:

WARF's Vagina
12-16-2013, 03:39 PM

next time type slower when you are responding to cadaverdouche. he may not pick up on anything. the only thing he picks up is his teeth and his friend with one leg.

cadaverdog
12-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Fuck off.
Eat shit.

cadaverdog
12-16-2013, 03:40 PM
you're a fucking asshole sockfucker. :baby:
You're a cunt.

Satan
12-16-2013, 03:41 PM
I don't remember anything from LondonTown that was memorable at all. And the best thing on "Wings At the Speed of Sound" was probably "Beware My Love"... relegated to a "B" side, but infinitely better than either "Silly Love Songs" or "Let 'Em In" (whichever of those two singles it was on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2jEXPTmJno

cadaverdog
12-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Ultimately, 9/11 was a BCE operation, regardless of which story you believe.

Even if you go with the ridiculous "19 idiots with razor blades taking orders from a kidney patient in a cave, and Allah suspended the laws of physics long enough for a common office fire to topple two 110 story buildings" story, that doesn't negate the fact that the kidney patient was a CIA asset and long term friend of the BCE.
You can believe all the bullshit your liberal heroes tell you but that doesn't make it true. The Bce planned to kill thousands of Americans by having airliners fly into the tallest buildings in the US and then blew them up to make sure the next president who hadn't even been elected yet could start a war that he was going to start no matter what. Then they get another guy to claim he did it so he'd be hunted down and killed for something he really didn't do. Then you say the planes didn't have any passengers on them and they were remote controlled. Yet no one has been able to prove any of these "facts" in 12 years. If that sounds feasible to you you're insane.

DLR Bridge
12-16-2013, 03:58 PM
I don't remember anything from LondonTown that was memorable at all.

I liked Cafe On The Left Bank, Deliver Your Children and Backwards Traveler. The rest is discardable, including With A Little Luck.

Kristy
12-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Oooooooooooooo, "eat shit" how, how...conservative!

Show me how. After all, you suck it out of your dead mother's asshole and then spew it back up on here.

Past time to cash your welfare check and buy yourself some new socks.

cadaverdog
12-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Oooooooooooooo, "eat shit" how, how...conservative!

Show me how. After all, you suck it out of your dead mother's asshole and then spew it back up on here.

Past time to cash your welfare check and buy yourself some new socks.
I know it's not as brilliant as Fuck off but we all have to start somewhere. I hope you get ahold of some paraquat and choke to death cunt.

78/84 guy
12-16-2013, 04:12 PM
I don't remember anything from LondonTown that was memorable at all. And the best thing on "Wings At the Speed of Sound" was probably "Beware My Love"... relegated to a "B" side, but infinitely better than either "Silly Love Songs" or "Let 'Em In" (whichever of those two singles it was on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2jEXPTmJno

Well for me the Wings Over America album is all you need. Better live anyways. That DVD is a good watch. The only Lennon cd I own is the best of. They both did some good stuff on their own.

DONNIEP
12-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Well for me the Wings Over America album is all you need. Better live anyways. That DVD is a good watch.

Damn right.

Kristy
12-16-2013, 04:45 PM
I know it's not as brilliant as Fuck off but we all have to start somewhere. I hope you get ahold of some paraquat and choke to death cunt.

Do you hope, nearly homeless and without socks guy? Do you?

Kristy
12-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Damn right.

Your avy still blows.

Satan
12-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Do you hope, nearly homeless and without socks guy? Do you?

Without socks?

No wonder he's in such a pissy mood. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

sonrisa salvaje
12-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Let's not forget that here we are in the holiday season and Lennon has one of the greatest Christmas songs of all time. McCartney.....not so much.