PDA

View Full Version : Peru....the new Nigeria. Senior scam alert

Angel
12-15-2013, 01:55 AM
My mom got scammed by these bastards yesterday. Fuck I wish I could get my hands on these fucking low life predators.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/new-twist-on-grandson-scam-bilking-seniors-out-of-thousands-1.1552936

mh5150
12-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Aweful Mother Fuckers...

Von Halen
12-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

katina
12-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Sorry to hear that, Angel :(

Try to think that they took the money without physically hurting your mum.

That kind of scam is very commom down here, and usually the phone calls, are made by inmates in prison.....

Angel
12-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.
She's wishing now she had pics of the cop that came over. Said the money spent was almost worth it, lol. Mind you, for the amount she spent he should've brought a boom box and given her a show. $3900 is an expensive lesson to learn.

SunisinuS
12-16-2013, 05:07 AM
Hmmm.... Hard to fathom. Said Grandson was not allowed on the phone? Nevermind...I am already an old curmudgeon....and just would need like 6 phone calls all verified for me to .... Nevermind....I will never have 3900$ or a Grandson and have traveled 4 of the 7....so....my favorite was the kids outside of The Sistine Chapel, they hit you with newspapers and try and pickpocket you , usually in groups of like 8....never found my money belt er nothing so they got nothing....nada even in Italian .... sorry someone got fleeced. Sucks. I would hate to be scammed. I am just not anyone's target I guess.

Angel
12-16-2013, 06:42 AM
Hmmm.... Hard to fathom. Said Grandson was not allowed on the phone? Nevermind...I am already an old curmudgeon....and just would need like 6 phone calls all verified for me to .... Nevermind....I will never have 3900$ or a Grandson and have traveled 4 of the 7....so....my favorite was the kids outside of The Sistine Chapel, they hit you with newspapers and try and pickpocket you , usually in groups of like 8....never found my money belt er nothing so they got nothing....nada even in Italian .... sorry someone got fleeced. Sucks. I would hate to be scammed. I am just not anyone's target I guess.

I never would've thought my mom would be either, but she's getting up there in years and the last year really took a toll on her mind. She had a couple episodes of temporary total amnesia brought on by the stress of my brother's illness and death, and she now gets easily confused.

There's a good chance they'll try again so I told her not to tip her hat if they do. Just get the info for the money gram and call the cops.

twonabomber
12-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Happened to my stepfather. Someone called the house and said "grandpa?", he replied with his grandson's name and the caller says "yeah," and repeats the name, then says "I'm in trouble." Stepfather says "call your mother!" and hung up.

Thing is, the grandson lives in another state and my stepfather is a retired cop. Kid wasn't really old enough at the time that he'd be in enough trouble that his first call would be to grandparents out of state.

Then ma gets all paranoid because "you're always running around and who knows where the hell you are!" so we set up specific instructions on who gets called first and who they call if anything were to happen if I'm out of town.

Angel
12-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Happened to my stepfather. Someone called the house and said "grandpa?", he replied with his grandson's name and the caller says "yeah," and repeats the name, then says "I'm in trouble." Stepfather says "call your mother!" and hung up.

Thing is, the grandson lives in another state and my stepfather is a retired cop. Kid wasn't really old enough at the time that he'd be in enough trouble that his first call would be to grandparents out of state.

Then ma gets all paranoid because "you're always running around and who knows where the hell you are!" so we set up specific instructions on who gets called first and who they call if anything were to happen if I'm out of town.

They've added legitimacy to it with the "lawyer". Sounds very official, and the crying in the background tugged at the heart. Of course, she realizes now that my son would NEVER call her to ask for money and he certainly would not be crying. He's never been a cryer. As a kid, if he was crying you knew he had a serious injury. She used to be so sharp...it really makes me realize that my Mom is old and it is time to set up some security practices. Shitty way to end a shitty year.

Gotta love her attitude though. She's glad it was her and not someone who couldn't afford it and would go hungry as a result. My Mom...always thinking about others first.

Von Halen
12-16-2013, 09:22 AM
They've added legitimacy to it with the "lawyer". Sounds very official, and the crying in the background tugged at the heart. Of course, she realizes now that my son would NEVER call her to ask for money and he certainly would not be crying. He's never been a cryer. As a kid, if he was crying you knew he had a serious injury. She used to be so sharp...it really makes me realize that my Mom is old and it is time to set up some security practices. Shitty way to end a shitty year.

Gotta love her attitude though. She's glad it was her and not someone who couldn't afford it and would go hungry as a result. My Mom...always thinking about others first.

Give me her number...

Angel
12-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Give me her number...

Why am I not surprised that you would be willing and able to scam a senior?

ELVIS
12-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Who said he wants to scam her ??

Angel
12-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Who said he wants to scam her ??

You may have a point there...this is Von we're talking about. ;)