PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming Map

ELVIS
01-03-2014, 10:55 AM
http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif

:elvis:

Satan
01-03-2014, 11:37 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140103-fine-white-powder-covers-washington-dc.jpg

Kristy
01-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Heh, frozen hillbillies.

Seshmeister
01-03-2014, 11:50 AM
http://www.cfact.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Bart-Simpson-Blackboard-climate-and-weather-are-not-the-same-300x160.png

Angel
01-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Hmmm...the prairies and BC are looking warmer than normal.

vandeleur
01-03-2014, 04:56 PM
The weather your getting Hun an ice age would look tropical :)

Angel
01-04-2014, 08:16 AM
I just laugh at people getting their shorts in a knot over cold temperatures in January. It's fucking winter people. Winter is cold!!!

Zing!
01-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Although any way you slice it -15 and windchills of -40 for the high on this coming Tuesday (and the Gov here closing all schools) is damn cold!

vandeleur
01-04-2014, 09:26 AM
The uk is having weird weather .
We have had rain and and wind , really bad storms but temperature wise it's very unseasonal .
My job is seasonal I suppose and we have had only a couple of days of any any minus temperatures . Which is unusual by January .

Kristy
01-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Hmmm...the prairies and BC are looking warmer than normal.

Sssssssh! Smellvis knows what's going on better than you ever will. You see, he listens to a F A T community college dropout whop just happens to be a self-proclaimed expert on EVERYTHING his festering double-chin gob speaks about. We have all been duped because we're all "sheep" who are "asleep" and are not "patriots" because we drink "fluoride" that is toxic to us and prevents us from buying Chinese made junk and non-proven vitamins from the F A T community college dropout who laughs his F A T ass all the way to the fucking bank. So when Smellvis says there is no global warming and all his well-researched evidence and trailer park education can provide is a map with current temperatures (in WINTER) you best be paying attention.

Nickdfresh
01-04-2014, 11:35 AM
The uk is having weird weather .
We have had rain and and wind , really bad storms but temperature wise it's very unseasonal .
My job is seasonal I suppose and we have had only a couple of days of any any minus temperatures . Which is unusual by January .

On average, the summer temperatures there have rise 2C since the 1950's... (From The Telegraph)

Fairwrning
01-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Global warming my ass..its 8 fucking degrees here..seriously...

DONNIEP
01-06-2014, 11:30 PM
The hotter the planet is, the colder it becomes. Why don't you idiots understand that?? Hot equals cold. One day the earth will be so goddamn hot that the whole damn planet will be encased in ice. Because we all know that the hotter the climate, the colder the weather.

twonabomber
01-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Global warming my ass..its 8 fucking degrees here..seriously...

Eleven below, before wind chill. At least downtown CLE, here on the lake it's maybe 5 below. Windy as fuck though, hard to sleep.

DONNIEP
01-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Eleven below, before wind chill. At least downtown CLE, here on the lake it's maybe 5 below. Windy as fuck though, hard to sleep.

Well all you have to do is wait a year or so and you'll be growing palm trees out of your ass. The whole goddamn planet is so fucking hot that you can enjoy tropical weather UNTIL the climate figures it all out and rains snow and sleet and a motherfucking glacier on top of your head.

Guitar Shark
01-07-2014, 01:47 AM
ELVIS, you can tell your friends that you side with the 3% (http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus). Fight the man, ELVIS!! Fight!

Satan
01-07-2014, 02:41 AM
Warm temperatures melt polar ice caps, which are fresh water.

Fresh water ice melts into salt water (oceans) which makes them colder.

Too scientific for you teabaggers? Well how about a nice cold bowl of ice cream while you think about it.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_IFfVdOE2g

(Hell, it even has a good soundtrack, but do you goddamn get it yet??)

Angel
01-07-2014, 07:44 AM
We're warming up again. Windchill only -26. It peaked at -72 the other day.

Seshmeister
01-07-2014, 07:48 AM
Warm temperatures melt polar ice caps, which are fresh water.

Fresh water ice melts into salt water (oceans) which makes them colder.

Too scientific for you teabaggers? Well how about a nice cold bowl of ice cream while you think about it.......

(Hell, it even has a good soundtrack, but do you goddamn get it yet??)

The other thing is that the polar ice caps being white reflect a lot of sun, when they melt more heat gets absorbed by the sea.

Also worth saying that even most of the 3% (if it is as high as that) would agree that the earth is warming just not about the man made aspect.

vandeleur
01-07-2014, 08:54 AM
I keep seeing this quote and it reminds me of the army .

"Liberals keep telling me that the titanic is sinking but my side of the ship is 500 feet in the air "

Nickdfresh
01-07-2014, 09:16 AM
ELVIS, you can tell your friends that you side with the 3% (http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus). Fight the man, ELVIS!! Fight!

Elvis has friends?

And a large portion of that 3% are on the dole from the fossil fuel industry. The same one that has convinced a bunch of hicks that when it's cold outside, that there is no Global Warming or Climate Change. Right now it's cold here because of a weather anomaly that happens once every couple of decades or so called the polar vortex allowing arctic cold farther south than it normally would. The phenomena spawned the Blizzard of 77' in Buffalo that killed 30 people...

Angel
01-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Elvis has friends?

And a large portion of that 3% are on the dole from the fossil fuel industry. The same one that has convinced a bunch of hicks that when it's cold outside, that there is no Global Warming or Climate Change. Right now it's cold here because of a weather anomaly that happens once every couple of decades or so called the polar vortex allowing arctic cold farther south than it normally would. The phenomena spawned the Blizzard of 77' in Buffalo that killed 30 people...

'77 the RC's shut down our school due to expected windchill. We ended up with a Chinook and spent the day on the hills in our t-shirts, lol.

Kristy
01-07-2014, 01:49 PM
We're warming up again. Windchill only -26. It peaked at -72 the other day.

Quit fucking whining you frozen hillbilly.

Kristy
01-07-2014, 01:52 PM
The other thing is that the polar ice caps being white reflect a lot of sun, when they melt more heat gets absorbed by the sea.

Which means more water vapor in the atmosphere that eventually has to come down somewhere. The floods here of late summer definitely proved that.

ZahZoo
01-07-2014, 03:16 PM
While all of you whining and debating winter temps... current climate models indicate a good possibility of a strong El Nino this summer. Prepare for hot as hell once things thaw out...

ZahZoo
01-07-2014, 03:34 PM

Hey Sharkey... why aren't you modding over at ArmyChats v2.0 yet?

PETE'S BROTHER
01-07-2014, 03:55 PM

he is

Guitar Shark
01-07-2014, 05:13 PM

I don't even know what that is... but I am probably a mod there.

Nickdfresh
01-07-2014, 07:35 PM
<embed style="display:block" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:431844" width="288" height="247" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" allowFullscreen="true" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

Jackasses... :)

Seshmeister
01-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Here is the sciencey bit...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/01/06/can-global-warming-be-real-if-its-cold-in-the-u-s-um-yes/

Kristy
01-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Latest info from NOAA for that community college dropout worshiping cocksucker:

The globally-averaged temperature for 2013 tied as the fourth warmest year since record keeping began in 1880. It also marked the 37th consecutive year with a global temperature above the 20th century average. The last below-average annual temperature was 1976. Including 2013, all 13 years of the 21st century (2001-2013) rank among the 15 warmest in the 134-year period of record. The three warmest years on record are 2010, 2005, and 1998.

Nitro Express
01-28-2014, 03:50 AM
If you pay a 14% carbon tax to me, I will make the global warming go away.

Nitro Express
01-28-2014, 03:52 AM
Interesting the global warming data comes from countries that are pushing a carbon tax agenda.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013/05/26/to-the-horror-of-global-warming-alarmists-global-cooling-is-here/2/

Global warming was never going to be the problem that the Lysenkoists who have brought down western science made it out to be. Human emissions of CO2 are only 4 to 5% of total global emissions, counting natural causes. Much was made of the total atmospheric concentration of CO2 exceeding 400 parts per million. But if you asked the daffy NBC correspondent who hysterically reported on that what portion of the atmosphere 400 parts per million is, she transparently wouldn’t be able to tell you. One percent of the atmosphere would be 10,000 parts per million. The atmospheric concentrations of CO2 deep in the geologic past were much, much greater than today, yet life survived, and we have no record of any of the catastrophes the hysterics have claimed. Maybe that is because the temperature impact of increased concentrations of CO2 declines logarithmically. That means there is a natural limit to how much increased CO2 can effectively warm the planet, which would be well before any of the supposed climate catastrophes the warming hysterics have tried to use to shut down capitalist prosperity.

Anonymous
01-28-2014, 04:07 AM
Assuming that the global warming is actually really caused by man, is any of you fucking bitches doing ANYTHING at all to stop it other than bitching about it on the fucking internet?

No?

Then shut the fuck up, please.

Internet is really a dangerous thing... it gives "people" the illusion that they can change the world just by sitting on their asses & typing bullshit all day.

Fuck off, parky.

Cheers! :beers:

Nitro Express
01-28-2014, 04:17 AM
It's gotten to be a bit insane. It reminds me of being a loan officer in the mortgage business. I could find an appraiser to give me any figure I wanted. If financial data can be fudged and cooked, so can scientific data. Follow the money. Look at any connected agendas and ask yourself "Who benefits?" If it's being pushed with alarmism be extra suspicious. You know shit like the banks saying if they don't get a bailout the economy is going to implode. Well Iceland told their bankers to fuck themselves and threw some of them in jail. Their economy is doing quite well.

When you have people like the Rothschild's selling alarmism and selling a global carbon tax at the same time, it's time to go Hmmmmm...

Nitro Express
01-28-2014, 04:22 AM
I also love how they name winter storms now and call them Arctic Vortexes. Talk to any old timer who grew up in the midwest. They will tell you it's 1970's winter weather. Nothing new. The news just makes it seem that way. Everything is alarmism now. Plus, with more media and people fighting for your attention, they juice it up. In the 70's you had like three network channels and your local newspaper. People get hit with so much more information now and a lot of it is garbage.

Angel
01-28-2014, 07:34 AM
I also love how they name winter storms now and call them Arctic Vortexes. Talk to any old timer who grew up in the midwest. They will tell you it's 1970's winter weather. Nothing new. The news just makes it seem that way. Everything is alarmism now. Plus, with more media and people fighting for your attention, they juice it up. In the 70's you had like three network channels and your local newspaper. People get hit with so much more information now and a lot of it is garbage.

It's not an arctic vortex, it's a polar vortex...and it's not new. The term has been used for decades, as has arctic front.

There's also the Alberta clipper and the yukon ferry....winter storm names we've used for decades up here.

Angel
01-28-2014, 07:43 AM
http://e360.yale.edu/feature/as_arctic_melts_inuit_face_tensions_with_outside_w orld/2577/

ZahZoo
01-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Assuming that the global warming is actually really caused by man, is any of you fucking bitches doing ANYTHING at all to stop it other than bitching about it on the fucking internet?

No?

Then shut the fuck up, please.

Internet is really a dangerous thing... it gives "people" the illusion that they can change the world just by sitting on their asses & typing bullshit all day.

Fuck off, parky.

Cheers! :beers:

I'm doing my part... switched most of my incandescent light bulbs to those florescent suckers. Replaced a bunch of outdoor lighting stuff from electric to solar powered. Installed smart power strips where applicable. Budgeting to put my own solar grid in place in the next year or two...

PETE'S BROTHER
01-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Budgeting to put my own solar grid in place in the next year or two...

we may be 4-5 years out, but def gonna invest in it. hopefully it'll be a little cheaper to install by then, but i'm sure they will have enacted regulations and fees to counter that.

Nickdfresh
01-28-2014, 08:34 PM
Interesting the global warming data comes from countries that are pushing a carbon tax agenda.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013/05/26/to-the-horror-of-global-warming-alarmists-global-cooling-is-here/2/

And most of the arguments against climate change come from corrupt cocksuckers on the take from big oil companies...

But what's your point? Is the carbon tax the cause of the scientific data of global climate or are the taxes are reaction too it?