PDA

View Full Version : The cost of dope

Seshmeister
01-19-2014, 11:57 PM
I didn't quite realize the figures in the US but it is completely crazy.

One in six of the people in US prisons is there for a victimless marijuana offence.

That is 2.5 million/6 so 416 666

Average cost is $40k per year.

So that would be $16.7 BILLION a year? That just can't be right could someone check my figures?

100 000 people die of alcohol abuse each year in the US.

The president laughs about smoking dope on Jimmy Fallon because he didn't get caught?

FORD
01-20-2014, 12:09 AM
$16,666,640,000 to be exact.

Fucking ridiculous, isn't it. And that's coming from someone who hasn't actually taken a hit of weed in 13 years (despite living in one of the two states where it's now legal)

Seshmeister
01-20-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm the same I haven't smoked dope in many years, I would be too scared now that it could be a gateway drug back to tobacco which actually is dangerous...

vandeleur
01-20-2014, 12:30 AM
I havent smoked it since my late twenties ..... even then I was not the biggest fan of it. There were always more appealing drugs that I could not afford.
Though now I can am to sensible :D

Actually thinking back I think I always preferred alcohol.

Seshmeister
01-20-2014, 12:34 AM
2014 and the drugs information out there is still bullshit.

At Xmas my dad turned around and said 'The really dangerous thing you need to watch out for with the kids is this thing called Ecstasy'.

He was shocked and I think not convinced when I explained to him that statistically it would be far safer if I gave his beloved granddaughter an ecstasy tab each week rather than taking her to her horse riding - and that factoid came from the official professor UK government drugs expert who was subsequently sacked for telling the truth.

vandeleur
01-20-2014, 12:39 AM
The real problem with ecstasy is the shit music that it encourages .

But your right information is delivered in a Daily Mail type "its all bad" announcement traditionally and if you intend to try and buck the trend you wont get the air time.

Seshmeister
01-20-2014, 12:45 AM
I missed ecstasy completely, just slightly too old and wrong music scene.

I think the only option is to be completely straight up with the kids and explain exactly how dangerous each thing is.

'I drink all this stuff so you don't have to'. :D

FORD
01-20-2014, 12:47 AM
I've never tried ecstacy, though a few of my friends had positive things to say about it, so there was a time that it did cross my mind. But I do recall reading that there's a lot of crap on the street (at least in the US) that's not really ecstasy (MDMA) but some other imitation stuff which produces a similar high, but with some nasty side effects, some times resulting in death.

My drug experimenting days are long over, but that's probably the only one I never tried that I actually would have considered. Had that ever happened, I would have held out for the good stuff.

vandeleur
01-20-2014, 12:52 AM
The thing with ecstasy was/is that it was sold to pissed up kids who knew no better so you could put any old pony in it.

jhale667
01-20-2014, 01:04 AM
It's fun, as I recall, though I barely dabbled, and haven't touched it in years. I remember girls being especially friendly on it.

Seshmeister
01-20-2014, 01:05 AM
The thing with ecstasy was/is that it was sold to pissed up kids who knew no better so you could put any old pony in it.

Much like Findus Lasagne... :)

vandeleur
01-20-2014, 01:06 AM
:biggrin:

ashstralia
01-20-2014, 03:41 AM
Said it before, I'll say it again.

A (regulated) hemp industry in my little slice of paradise would produce rivers of gold. Gold, I tells ya.

cadaverdog
01-20-2014, 04:21 AM
I thought you guys were discussing prices. I never tried ecstasy but I tried salvia. I don't recommend anyone else even thinking about trying it. All I wanted was a couple tokes of regular old marijauna to help me maintain after drinking too much beer too fast. I was partying with kids that just graduated from high school that day. I was 50 at the time. This guy calls me into the bathroom, tells me to sit on the toilet and hands me a pipe and a lighter. I figure we're in the bathroom so it doesn't smell like pot in the living room incase one of the adults comes in. I take a big hit like I'm hitting a crack pipe and next thing I know I'm hallucinating like I'd taken a sheet of acid. It was like being inside a kaleidoscope. It only lasted a few minutes but it was so fucking intense I was stone cold sober (even though I'd just chugged about ten beers in less than an hour) and soaked to the bone with sweat. I wanted to leave but I was still freaking out about smoking that shit and I was afraid I'd get pulled over on the way home and go to jail. I'm sure I was legally drunk even though I felt sober and sick at the same time. I lived 15 miles away but I knew a couple other dudes from work who lived nearby. I went there and smoked a shitload of weed until I felt sane again. I found out later the salvia was called 60x. 60 times it's natural potency. I'm lucky I didn't flip out and end up in the nuthouse.

FORD
01-20-2014, 04:31 PM
I've heard that salvia is nasty shit. As a rule, I prefer natural over pharmaceutical, but that doesn't mean everything natural is good either.

cadaverdog
01-20-2014, 04:56 PM
I've heard that salvia is nasty shit. As a rule, I prefer natural over pharmaceutical, but that doesn't mean everything natural is good either.
I used to do acid, mushroom, pcp, opium and all kinds of shit before I turned thirty. I overdosed on valium and beer and was out for a couple days but salvia was the worst shit I ever ingested. I took some seizure meds that caused me to have a seizure but it still didn't compare to salvia. I though I was brain damaged until I finally came completely down. You could give some to a chick and gang rape her and she wouldn't even know it was happening.

ODShowtime
01-21-2014, 08:25 PM
I took ecstasy at a Stone Temple Pilots festival show once and it was fucking awesome. I took it at a rave one time and it was a terrible bullshit waste of time and money. Still never did the "roll around in bed with two naked chicks" ecstasy trip but there's still time. Now I can produce the women but not the drug, god damn it.