PDA

View Full Version : KISS interview with Tom Snyder 1979.

BITEYOASS
01-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Basically Peter & Ace commandeer the whole interview. Gene looks pissed. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c6XVaNZzZk

DLR Bridge
01-22-2014, 07:20 PM
I remember seeing this in the Kiss news thread last year. Priceless seeing Gene so pissed. Ace was untamable. I wonder if Gene or Paul told him to dial it back during the commercial breaks. He surely didn't if they did.

fraroc
01-22-2014, 08:29 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1887175/ace-s-laugh-o.gif

Terry
01-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Ace made that whole interview. Almost as fun as watching a drunken Ace steal the show was watching Gene pouting over being upstaged and not being able to spout off his usual rock star interview clichés.

Kristy
01-23-2014, 10:18 PM

Sad, really. Four aging drunkard homosexuals slowly realizing that "Holy shit, we're no longer relevant in pop culture. And we recorded a god damn disco album."

fraroc
01-23-2014, 10:35 PM
Sad, really. Four aging drunkard homosexuals slowly realizing that "Holy shit, we're no longer relevant in pop culture. And we recorded a god damn disco album."

Kristy, you're a fucking piece of shit.

Kristy
01-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Kristy, you're a fucking piece of shit.

And you're a fucking parasite to your parents.

fraroc
01-24-2014, 02:39 PM
And you're a fucking parasite to your parents.

And you're a fucking parasite to the entire fucking site.

Terry
01-24-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm thinking of taking a powder and walking away from my job, mortgage and all my other responsibilities and just becoming a complete parasite sucking off the labors of the rest of society.

Fuck it. Free homeless shelter, food, medical care. Let the rest of the country scrap, scrounge and sweat while I sit back and smile. I voted for Obama twice, so I figure it's my due.

Maybe I'll head to the Caribbean, wash dishes in some resort for cash and live under a lean-to on a beach near the resort. Fuck it.

Terry
01-24-2014, 03:28 PM

Yeah, Dynasty was around the point where KISS had overemphasized themselves. It really started with the four solo albums and the tv movie a year earlier.

KISS Alive 2 was the peak of the band.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-24-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm thinking of taking a powder and walking away from my job, mortgage and all my other responsibilities and just becoming a complete parasite sucking off the labors of the rest of society.

Fuck it. Free homeless shelter, food, medical care. Let the rest of the country scrap, scrounge and sweat while I sit back and smile. I voted for Obama twice, so I figure it's my due.

Maybe I'll head to the Caribbean, wash dishes in some resort for cash and live under a lean-to on a beach near the resort. Fuck it.

feb 6th we head for Utila, wanna tag along?

Terry
01-24-2014, 06:52 PM
feb 6th we head for Utila, wanna tag along?

Ha!

While I wouldn't trade my marriage for anything, had I never married I doubt I would have bothered participating in the rat race as long as I have. The whole cycle/inertia of working in order to pay bills...so you can work some more (so you can pay some more bills)...it's all (like so many things we do) a bunch of pointless bullshit we've been conditioned to do without even thinking about it to the point where it's abnormal for anyone to question why a person should spend their lives doing it.

I wish I could go to Utila (wherever that is - and have a great trip, btw!). Life's pretty good, but it's just so routine and vanilla. Maybe I'm just daydreaming aloud. If I'm REALLY honest, I never thought I would live this long or have as much as I do in my life. Probably most people on the planet would be happy to have a lower-middle class standard of living.

I'm not even looking for an elevated lifestyle in terms of finances. I don't want money. I think I want things that money can't buy, like some meta questions answered. I enjoy deliberately distracting myself so I won't sit around wondering about big questions, because I never have any answers for them.

Hey, whatever. Scanners is on the Flix movie channel in an hour. I love that fucking movie.

katina
01-24-2014, 07:05 PM
I remember seeing this in the Kiss news thread last year. Priceless seeing Gene so pissed. Ace was untamable. I wonder if Gene or Paul told him to dial it back during the commercial breaks. He surely didn't if they did.

I also remember this vid was posted in Kiss´s thread before, what a funny, hysterical and revealing interview; I love it.

katina
01-24-2014, 07:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c6XVaNZzZk

I want to thank you for posting this vid. I saw your post yesterday night, during a very difficult and very hot time down here. I really enjoyed watching it again. This is one of Ace and Peter moments in Kiss.
This interview was a real riot, it´s amazing that 30 years after that awesome interview, Ace releases in 2009 Space Bear instrumental song from Anomaly album, and The Return of Space Bear as iTunes bonus track, dedicated to Tom Snyder.

Kristy
01-24-2014, 07:38 PM
Yeah, Dynasty was around the point where KISS had overemphasized themselves. It really started with the four solo albums and the tv movie a year earlier.

KISS Alive 2 was the peak of the band.

They made a disco record two years after disco was dead. If a band was ever clueless to the pop culture they resided in it was KISS.

katina
01-24-2014, 07:46 PM
Space Bear live, plus Love Gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7W1LEBpLQ

I prefer this version of Love Gun, than the one I saw in the Buenos Aires Kiss 2012 show.

Terry
01-25-2014, 07:26 AM
They made a disco record two years after disco was dead. If a band was ever clueless to the pop culture they resided in it was KISS.

To be fair, there were still a lot of bands churning out disco drivel a year or two after the disco craze peaked.

KISS made their mark in the beginning by doing what they wanted to do, and then pop culture caught onto them. I'd agree that the Dynasty disco single was an example of KISS trying to latch onto what they thought was current in pop culture (and by 1979 it was a year out of style), but would it have been better of KISS wrote a tune that sounded like The Knack instead? On second thought, it might well be, as Get The Knack was a great album.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-26-2014, 09:28 AM
It is ironic, though, that they continue to play "that disco song" in nearly every show to this day.....

Although DLR certainly isn't the only aging rocker who has problems vocally.... Paul sounds horrible nowadays, watched some of their performance at Dodger Stadium last night's hockey game....

Terry
01-26-2014, 12:57 PM
It is ironic, though, that they continue to play "that disco song" in nearly every show to this day.....

Although DLR certainly isn't the only aging rocker who has problems vocally.... Paul sounds horrible nowadays, watched some of their performance at Dodger Stadium last night's hockey game....

Haven't really heard much of KISS live since Criss left the band for good, just odd snippets online here and there (am at the point where even if Frehley and Criss rejoined the band, I've lost interest in KISS as a contemporary performing band). Unlike a lot of rock musicians who were his peers in terms of age, Stanley has been pretty careful about taking care of himself physically since the early days of the band (never smoked, minimal use of alcohol, regular exercise), but it's just age, you know? I would say that I recall seeing some live stuff online maybe 4 years back and Stanley's voice had held up pretty well to my ears. Maybe not the same power he had 30 years ago, but the voice was still recognizable as his and the band didn't need to play the songs a whole step down from the original recordings to accommodate him (unlike several clips I saw of Ratt a few years ago where although it was clearly Pearcey onstage singing, his voice was nearly unrecognizable to the point where it almost sounded like someone else, and the band sounded close to a whole step tuned down - on songs that were recorded in E flat or D to begin with, it made the tunes sound sluggish).

78/84 guy
01-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Ace is a great player. Are those other 2 A-holes going too let these guys play with them ? Or are the going to bring out their bitchs that do what they tell them. Fucking sad those guy's were their makeup. Pathetic really. I get they are good player but why didn't they let them do their own thing.

Never was
01-30-2014, 09:32 AM
The make up on other guys is awful. I like Ace's last sol record which he did sober for a change. That said the last tour he did with Kiss he did not play well at all. For whatever reason he just doesn't keep his shit together in Kiss.
Since he left Peter has had circulatory problems in his arms and breast cancer combined with writing the book may account for the low profile. But he never really did much outside of Kiss. He is not a productive songwriter and if you are looking for a reliable drummer Peter ain't the usual kind of guy you call.

They should have done different make up for the new guys.

DLR Bridge
01-30-2014, 12:18 PM
They should have done different make up for the new guys.

Absolutely agree. Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent got to take on a persona of their choosing, I presume, which was the best way to go. You join the band, you become an extension of yourself. If these two newer guys (I know, Singer's been around for years) had their own make up schtick, they'd be more accepted for sure.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Absolutely agree. Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent got to take on a persona of their choosing, I presume, which was the best way to go. You join the band, you become an extension of yourself. If these two newer guys (I know, Singer's been around for years) had their own make up schtick, they'd be more accepted for sure.

:biggrin: is this what we sound like when we have VH discussions?

DLR Bridge
01-30-2014, 01:32 PM
:biggrin: is this what we sound like when we have VH discussions?

Only the ones that want Wolf to grow a mullet, play a Jack Danniels bass and roll around on the stage making noises that sound like a dying Godzilla with said bass. :yo:

FORD
01-30-2014, 01:48 PM

Or at least, let them use Vinnie and Eric's makeup (instead of Ace and Peter's) since neither of them got much use out of it anyway.

Kiss 2.0 did what, two albums before they took the makeup off?

fraroc
02-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Space Bear live, plus Love Gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7W1LEBpLQ

I prefer this version of Love Gun, than the one I saw in the Buenos Aires Kiss 2012 show.

Sorry to say, but you saw KISS on a REALLY bad day. Both Paul and Gene were deathly sick that day.