PDA

View Full Version : Ford Is Wrong

DaveIsKing
06-30-2004, 08:21 AM
Ford said, "But then Michael Moore is not a registered Democrat. I believe he's a Green actually."

WRONG, FORD. Need to keep a better check on Michael Moron Riefenstahl, there.

Not only is Moron a registered DEMOCRAT, but he is registered to vote in TWO states...what a fair and honest man!

According to several newssources, and The Smoking Gun:

"JUNE 28--Prior to last week's Washington, D.C. premiere of "Fahrenheit 9/11," Michael Moore denied that the new documentary represents his de facto endorsement of John Kerry. "I am an Independent," the filmmaker told reporters. "I'm not a member of the Democratic party."

Which is not exactly correct.

New York City Board of Elections records show that Moore, 50, registered to vote in Gotham in 1992, checking off "Democratic" as his party affiliation. The filmmaker's New York registration remains active, though he has not voted since an October 2001 Democratic runoff election.

Now here's the good part: Moore is simultaneously registered to vote in Michigan, where registrants aren't even given the option of party affiliation (so he's not an Independent there either). According to Antrim County records, Moore registered last April from his lakefront spread in northern Michigan, where he reportedly splits his time, but has yet to vote in Michigan. He transferred his drivers license to Michigan from New York around the same time, though Moore has a Volkswagen Beetle registered from his Manhattan home.

We're sure this is some kind of innocent mix-up, that Moore forgot to cancel his New York registration before signing up in Michigan. Since a voter's mailbox is regularly bombarded with candidate mail, official voter guides, and Board of Election notices about upcoming elections and reminders about the location of your polling place.

On his web site, Moore asks visitors to take his "Pledge of Democratic Allegiance," which calls for them to register ten new voters this summer and spend one October weekend in a swing state. "The important thing is, if you live in a place like New York or Texas, you gotta head over to Pennsylvania or New Mexico," writes Moore, who provides a list of 18 states, ranked in order of importance, that could go either blue or red. He places Michigan thirteenth on that list."
:p

DaveIsKing
06-30-2004, 05:01 PM
So, clarify please FORD

Dr. Love
06-30-2004, 07:41 PM
?... what thread is this in relation to?

Which begs the other question...

Why isn't this in that other thread?

FORD
06-30-2004, 08:05 PM
Sounds like he moved home to Michigan. Nothing wrong with that, if you like Michigan. I've never been there, so maybe I'm not the one to ask..

Nor am I an expert on ballot laws in other states, but my interpretation of the above is that the New York ballot makes you choose between Democrat and Republican, and the Michigan ballot does not. Checking the box on the ballot doesn't prove party membership.

For example, the laws in this state just changed recently. In the 2000 Presidential primary, I voted for John McCain in an attempt to get Junior off the ballot, knowing damn well how badly the son of a bitch would damage the country (And he has exceeded my expectations in every way).

To make the same vote today, I would have to request a Republican ballot at the polling place. That wouldn't make me a registered Republican, but it would probably load my mailbox with right wing spam for the rest of that political season. It has nothing to do with actual party membership.

Ally_Kat
07-01-2004, 01:24 AM
New York voting law says that before you move and/or register in another state, you must call up the board and inform them of the move. What we'll do then is we'll mail you a new card and ask you to fill it out. We then put the new info into our system along with the number code that tells us why you are inactive.

Inactivity usually goes along Presidential elections, but because he voted in the mayoral primary which was after the last presidential election, he'll still be kept in the system til 2008 even if he doesn't vote in New York for the presidential election.

The interesting thing would be if he is put as an absentee ballot in either place. If he votes in Michigan and doesn't cancel out the New York one, and/or votes in another election here, he can be put in for voter fraud. Now, I'm not saying anything, but for someone who is so politically interested as he is, to just forget about a simple thing like this is kinda funny.

Also funny is that if he wanted to change his party and/or be an Independent, he could do so. New York State offers the following choices

(in order of ballot appearance)

Republican
Democrat
Independence Party
Conservative Party
Working Families Party
Independent
Other (write in)
None

Moore probably registered as a Democrat specifically so that he can vote in primaries. (Note: in NY, you are only allowed to vote in the primary for the party you are registered in and the only parties that have primaries are republicans and democrats. Ex - I am a registered republican. I CANNOT vote in any democratic primaries.) But, if he is so close to detail to that, it strikes me odd that he didn't cancel out his registration when he registered in Michigan. I don't deal with voter reg anymore, but my friend Melissa does. I think I'm going to check into that.

That and I think this should be in the Front Line, so i'm moving its ass. I'm debating if this thread (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6638) should be moved too, but I leave it there for now.

FORD
07-01-2004, 02:34 AM
If where and how he votes had anything to do with Moore's decision to move back to Michigan, then the motivation isn't that hard to figure out. New York, especially the city, should be a solid Democratic state, Michigan might need the vote more. If I could legally claim Arizona residency, I'd consider making a similar move as I'm not concerned with Washington falling into the BCE's hands.

And before anyone questions such actions, just remember that Poppy Bush's claim to Texas "residency" consists of one week a year in a Houston hotel, and that Dick Cheney lied about being a Wyoming resident just to be able to be on the ticket with the fake Texan Bush Jr, even though Dick had been living in Texas for years, running Halliburton.

No problem with moving this thread here, but you might as well close that other one. How many Moore bashing threads do the Busheep need anyway? ;)

Ally_Kat
07-01-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by FORD
If where and how he votes had anything to do with Moore's decision to move back to Michigan, then the motivation isn't that hard to figure out. New York, especially the city, should be a solid Democratic state, Michigan might need the vote more. If I could legally claim Arizona residency, I'd consider making a similar move as I'm not concerned with Washington falling into the BCE's hands.

But here's the thing -- you can only have ONE ACTIVE REGISTRATION. That and how can he have moved back there when he splits time in both. You can't be registered at both and then vote at whichever place you are at the time or where you damn well choose because you think the canidate you support needs help to win some electorial votes. Doesn't work that way. Whichever residency he spends more time at is his primary residency and where he is allowed to be registered out of. I'm going to check if he put in for an absentee ballot first and where it's being sent to. If it's Michigan, a call will be made. If not I'm going to wait until after the election and then I'm going to see if he voted here and then a call will go thru to the Michigan board to inquire about a voter's activity.

Why? To quote a former prez -- because I can :D

And before anyone questions such actions, just remember that Poppy Bush's claim to Texas "residency" consists of one week a year in a Houston hotel, and that Dick Cheney lied about being a Wyoming resident just to be able to be on the ticket with the fake Texan Bush Jr, even though Dick had been living in Texas for years, running Halliburton.

Hillary

John Ashcroft
07-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Heh heh heh... Getting dizzy from all the spin Ford.

Face it, your hero got caught cheating (or at least setting himself up to cheat).

FORD
07-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Heh heh heh... Getting dizzy from all the spin Ford.

Face it, your hero got caught cheating (or at least setting himself up to cheat).

There is absolutely no evidence of cheating. If he's a legal resident of Michigan, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with him voting from Michigan.

ELVIS
07-01-2004, 10:25 AM
Then he cannot vote in a New York primary...

DaveIsKing
07-04-2004, 12:19 AM
He's a deceptive asshole. And FORD knows it.

Don't ya trust me?

......Me Wise Magic. ;)

Cathedral
07-04-2004, 01:16 AM
LOL, honestly? Any threads started about Michael Moore are a waste of bandwidth.

FORD
07-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Then he cannot vote in a New York primary... As I said, if he moved back to Michigan because his vote was needed more there, then he probably has no intention of voting in the NY primary.