PDA

View Full Version : True Detective

High Life Man
01-27-2014, 03:53 AM
First episode, good. Last week, great. Tonight, wow.

That last scene.

Some great shots and directing. Incredible acting from Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey. Last week's episode also had a nice guest appearance by a delightful set of tits!

Seriously, though, this is turning out to be some great TV. Give it a shot.

Angel
01-27-2014, 07:03 AM

That last scene.

Some great shots and directing. Incredible acting from Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey. Last week's episode also had a nice guest appearance by a delightful set of tits!

The trailers look fantastic...unfortunately, I don't get it. :(

Von Halen
01-27-2014, 08:22 AM

That last scene.

I've been watching it. Good show.

DLR Bridge
01-27-2014, 12:23 PM
I bagged it after the first two episodes. The drawn out scenes of McConaughy hesitatingly doling out his interrogation responses was shutting my eyes on a Sunday night. Guess I'll give it one more try if you say episode 3 was a winner.

DrMaddVibe
01-27-2014, 01:39 PM
The way they ended last night's episode...I was like...NO WAY! Ya can't just tease that and fade to black!

It's a really good show...the opening back and forth between Woody and Matthew in the revival tent had me LMMFAO!!!!

DLR Bridge
01-29-2014, 12:18 AM
Ok, I'm back in. That episode was great from start to finish. Thanks guys. This just may be the cure for for my Breaking Bad withdrawals.

High Life Man
01-29-2014, 03:02 AM
And we have to wait an extra week because of the Super Bowl.

DLR Bridge
01-29-2014, 06:39 AM
That sucks.

chuckjitsu
01-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Good show! Every week there's been at least one scene where I rewind the scene to watch it again because the dialog is so interesting/good. From this week's show I really liked the scene where they'd stopped to eat at the little roadside hole in the wall place. I thought the dialog was great in that scene. Favorite exchange from that scene:

Hart: You know what the difference between you and me is?
Cohle: Denial.

Pity it'll be 2 weeks for it to return.

DLR Bridge
01-29-2014, 09:56 AM
The fact that they're essentially narrating the chain of events in present day is also pretty cool. Makes you guess out your own conclusions about certain aspects of their partnership and their lives. I think present day Hart gazed down at his ring-free hand. I suppose his marriage is kaput.

High Life Man
02-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Heard that the next seasons will be different detectives, different crime, different location. That should make things interesting.

DLR Bridge
02-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Heard the same. Grabbed this from some online digging...

"According to Deadline.com, HBO has signed a new overall deal with the show's creator, Nic Pizzolatto, the novelist who honed his screenwriting chops on AMC's The Killing.

The Hollywood news website reports that Pizzolatto is currently working on a second season of True Detective to present to the network's executives.

The potential second season of True Detective will be made without the help of current stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. The investigation introduced will come to a close at the end of the first season, and subsequent seasons are expected to have a similar structure, but with different characters and plot lines, as is the case with the FX series American Horror Story."

HBO will most definitely do this. They ain't no dummies.

High Life Man
02-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Read that season 2 isn't a sure thing. The creator has some ideas, but nothing solid yet and hasn't signed on with HBO for another season.

That being said...

The last 6 minutes of last night's show. Hooooly shit. And yes, that was one continuous take - no cuts. I watched it 3 times...absolute genius by the director.

DLR Bridge
02-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Very well done scene indeed.

DLR Bridge
03-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Great great finale.

Best 8 episode show I ever done seen.

Glad to hear the writer is chugging away on writing season 2. Says he's anti "writers room". He tackled this whole series on his own and plans to do so on the next.

High Life Man
03-10-2014, 01:23 AM
True to his word. Said all of the answers were in eps 1 to 3. Liked the ending.

"I'd protest, but it occurs to me that you're unkillable."

DLR Bridge
06-27-2015, 10:08 PM
One relatively kick ass episode under it's belt. Anyone see it?

DONNIEP
06-27-2015, 10:33 PM
I didn't even know about this show until I saw a couple trailers over the last few weeks. The trailers for this season look amazing. I like the way it's shot and it has that real look to it, kinda like the night scenes in Miami Vice from years ago. I think I'm gonna buy the first season on Amazon so I can watch it.

DLR Bridge
06-27-2015, 10:58 PM
DP, Each season are completely different stories and characters, so you don't have to hold off to watch this one. :yo:

DONNIEP
06-27-2015, 11:07 PM
DP, Each season are completely different stories and characters, so you don't have to hold off to watch this one. :yo:

Yeah, I was just reading back in this thread and saw that. Cool. If it's as good as I think it's gonna be I might just break down and get HBO again.

vandeleur
06-28-2015, 08:59 AM
Man there is to much good TV now a days :)

ZahZoo
06-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Man there is to much good TV now a days :)

Really? What are you watching?

I just dumped HBO since they got nothing I like much. In this last year 3-4 of the series I like ended. I'm having a hard time finding crap worth watching with over 200 channels to choose from!!

vandeleur
06-28-2015, 10:25 AM
YeAh , Vikings just finished as did got. Er banshee , Hannibal and I ain't even stRted better call Saul yet . Am sure I could mention more. True detectives :)

DLR Bridge
06-28-2015, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I'm not finding a whole lot on these days, but that's a good thing. Couch potato-itis is a bad thing. I wish I could dump HBO, but I actually watch more on there than most shitty cable stations combined. I could watch about twenty minutes of Deadliest Catch to get my fill of that. All of the faux reality shit that makes it to the History of Discovery channel just makes me shake my head. Back to HBO, John Oliver & Vice are great shows. Started watching Veep and Silicon Valley during the GOT season. Those aren't bad.

ZahZoo
06-28-2015, 05:30 PM
Yeah Silicon Valley is the best thing going on HBO... With Sons of Anarchy, Justified, the Newsroom all done... in between seasons of Hell on Wheels, Turn and a few others... there ain't shit on right now. I'm not even looking forward to Shark Week... my daughter is excited about it... but I lost interest in it when most of it was staged bullshit...

vandeleur
06-28-2015, 08:02 PM
Nah zz it went from actually fuck All on TV to good shows that may float your boat. This or we are in the halcyon days of TV.

Or not :D

DONNIEP
06-28-2015, 09:15 PM
Season 1 purchased...time to see what this is all about!

Bridge - if it sucks you owe me 20 bucks :biggrin:

High Life Man
06-28-2015, 10:25 PM
Well tonight's episode ended with a bang.

DONNIEP
06-29-2015, 12:15 AM
Just finished the first episode of Season 1. Interesting...I normally don't like Woody in just about anything, but I like him in this. And McConaughey - aside from being skinnier than an Ethiopian - is good. I liked the whole smokin' and drankin' during the interview or interrogation or whatever it turns out to be.

DLR Bridge
06-29-2015, 12:38 AM
I shan't owe you the 20. :biggrin:

DONNIEP
06-29-2015, 01:04 AM
I shan't owe you the 20. :biggrin:

I'm into the second episode now. The boobs already paid your 20, lol. Holy hell that chick is hot.

vandeleur
06-29-2015, 01:24 AM
Just finished the first episode of Season 1. Interesting...I normally don't like Woody in just about anything, but I like him in this. And McConaughey - aside from being skinnier than an Ethiopian - is good. I liked the whole smokin' and drankin' during the interview or interrogation or whatever it turns out to be.

If you don't like zombieland we can't be friends :)

DONNIEP
06-29-2015, 01:47 AM
If you don't like zombieland we can't be friends :)

"I just saw Eddie Van Halen. At the Hollywood Bowl. He's a zombie."

And he still is....

vandeleur
06-29-2015, 05:27 AM
Hahaha

DONNIEP
07-05-2015, 11:15 PM
Just finished the first season. Holy hell was that some good TV or what? Didn't stray too far from the central story line, didn't get all bogged down in Marty's poontangin - but tossed in some good nudie shots of some hot young chicks, which is always a plus. Gonna check out this new season now, see they can capture lightnin in a bottle twice.

I thought Rust dying would have been the perfect ending, seeing as how that's what he wanted. But I think the way it ended was perfect.

Kristy
07-06-2015, 10:41 AM
Holy hell was that some good TV or what?

Ghey.

That, or. more likely, I'm too poor for HBO