PDA

View Full Version : What The Fuck, Man: The Alvin Lee "Conspiracy"

Kristy
01-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Alvin "horse face" Lee was known for playing his "Big Red" Gibson ES-335 at that appalling filthy hippie drug fest known as "Woodstock"

http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/new/sites/default/files/Alvin-Lee%202.jpg

Then why in the fuck is this ancient issue of Guitar Player is he holding a Guild Starfire IV (an no, you fucking cretin asshats, I cannot find a Google image of it). Wasn't Alvin known for playing a Gibson...?

The only possible explanation can be he was obviously abducted by aliens, anal probed and forced to make really bad records in the 70's except 'Rocket Fuel' which wasn't all that bad
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-svl11i_kgQ8/TaJVYox-kmI/AAAAAAAAAAU/_hlNGH6-lbQ/s1600/Alvin%2BLee%2B%2526%2BTen%2BYears%2BAfter%2B09%2B-%2BRocket%2BFuel%2B1978.jpg

...but this all leads to other unsolved mysteries on why aliens would abduct hippies, right? I mean, they're disgusting, dirty people who are poor and live on shit weed and food stamps. They vote Libertardian for fuck's sake.

We live in strange, strange times.

Mushroom
01-27-2014, 01:55 PM
What picture? He's playing a Gibson in the photo above.. BTW he's accomplished much more on shit weed than you have in your entire life. :beers:

Jérôme Frenchise
01-27-2014, 03:57 PM
I saw him live in April '95, and he played his legendary Peace & Love red axe from start to finish. And the Man D.E.L.I.V.E.R.E.D.

Always loved his TYA stuff, always will. And a handful of his solo work.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Mister Lee...

R.I.P.

Kristy
01-27-2014, 05:05 PM
What picture?

You can't read can you?

Asshole.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-27-2014, 05:09 PM
vocab

PETE'S BROTHER
01-27-2014, 05:09 PM
ulary

VHscraps
01-27-2014, 05:14 PM
I saw him live in April '95, and he played his legendary Peace & Love red axe from start to finish. And the Man D.E.L.I.V.E.R.E.D.

Always loved his TYA stuff, always will. And a handful of his solo work.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Mister Lee...

R.I.P.

Aha - as posted a few months ago in the Youtube jams thread ... THIS, from 1969, I think (and froma very seedy movie called 'Groupie'). Amazing tone on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIZ3ivWjejw

Kristy
01-27-2014, 05:25 PM
Right here is proof you cretins!

Alvin harping on about space aliens! Dude was definitively into anal with them.

Here they come, and they fly with the power of the sun. Here they come, and they're going to touch everyone.

No doubt Alvin was "touched."

VHscraps
01-27-2014, 05:33 PM
It was the Woodstock experience - I think he took to heart Joni Mitchell's song of the same name ... 'we are stardust / we are golden / and we got to get ourselves back to the garden'

Best means back - aliens.

Mushroom
01-27-2014, 05:43 PM
You can't read can you?

Asshole.

Scan your fucking Guitar Player magazine retard! We like pictures of guitar players!

Mushroom
01-27-2014, 05:43 PM

Here they come, and they fly with the power of the sun. Here they come, and they're going to touch everyone.

Great find!

Kristy
01-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Scan your fucking Guitar Player magazine retard! We like pictures of guitar players!

So you're admitting that you're gay?

Mushroom
01-27-2014, 05:47 PM
I just try to pick up new poses while playing rock star!

Kristy
01-27-2014, 08:37 PM
Yeah, that's pretty gay.

Nitro Express
01-29-2014, 02:02 AM

There is also a shaggy headed tequila huxter who's into anal and aliens. I believe he's named after a viking newspaper comic character.