PDA

View Full Version : DLR - Just Like Paradise Canadian 7" Mispress Record

Meltin John
02-01-2014, 03:42 PM
here i was hoping that the recent copy of this 45 was going to be the one i was hoping to score again. many years ago, i picked up a copy of this record. and the b-side was totally not The Bottom Line.

92 81197-A was stamped in the dead wax
and if i remember it right, the b-side was stamped as 92 81917-B
or could have been 92 81179-B
anyways, it was those same numbers
but it was not 92 81197-B (which the current copy i got has)
and yes, the mispress label even says it's suppose to be The Bottom Line

just wondered if anyone else in canada managed to find this single as well
there had to have been way more then just a few that got made

i had and still have no idea who the b-side actually was
for some reason, at the time. i was thinking it may be a Cher song
but no clue

i've tried to google this and had no luck, so i thought i'd join this place to find out if anyone else managed to score it. i have no idea if any american pressings would have been done of this, being i found my copy in south western ontario. so chances are, it could very well have been mispressed in this area only in canada.

i really wish i kept this record, as it'd be a rare mispress. i even asked the few people that i have traded 45's with if they had it, and they say they don't have it. so chances are it could have ended up in either a store in London, or Toronto.

but trust me, this record does exists!

Meltin John
02-01-2014, 03:51 PM
i just thought, what if i put that matrix code into discogs -> 92 81917
http://www.discogs.com/Cher-I-Found-Someone/release/4584037
well hot damn
and then i looked up the b-side on youtube
and sure enough
DANGEROUS TIMES is indeed the song that was the b-side of that mispress

so, i'll still leave this up here as a question of, did anyone else managed to find a copy of this 45 7" little record.
i don't know. what do they call them these days?
i call them 45's
my 3 year old calls them little records

VHscraps
02-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Never heard of that mispressed record. I think back in the pre-digital days it would have been worth something to a collector.

Not sure if anyone collects these kind of rarities these days.

I remember reading, as it happens - now we're that talking about that era - that Dave had recorded Eat 'Em and Smile in Spanish AND Portuguese. Only the Spanish version came out.

VHscraps
02-01-2014, 07:15 PM
i just thought, what if i put that matrix code into discogs -> 92 81917
http://www.discogs.com/Cher-I-Found-Someone/release/4584037
well hot damn
and then i looked up the b-side on youtube
and sure enough
DANGEROUS TIMES is indeed the song that was the b-side of that mispress

so, i'll still leave this up here as a question of, did anyone else managed to find a copy of this 45 7" little record.
i don't know. what do they call them these days?
i call them 45's
my 3 year old calls them little records

Sounds like the plates (from which the vinyl is pressed) got mixed up at the pressing plant.

Not that I know anything about that, but I once - for some reason I don't remember - found myself of a forum where people have a lot knowledge about things like matrix numbers, pressing plants and etc., and what pressings are the best - the Steve Hoffman forums:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/

I think Steve Hoffman is a renowned engineer who did the remastered VH1 that was released on vinyl by Rhino a few years back (which, in my view, was not better than the original ...)

Meltin John
02-03-2014, 12:51 AM
yeah. not sure what he does. i actually thought it was a store my buddy was going to all the time.
but i've seen that name pop up here and there sometimes