PDA

View Full Version : For the cult of Alex Jones, this just adds more fuel to the fire

fraroc
02-06-2014, 05:51 PM
http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20140205&id=17325634&ocid=ansmony11

Honestly, after all the conspiracy shit I've been reading concerning additives used in McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell and basically every single fast-food chain, why should Subway be any damn different? At least they're removing it, or that's what they're saying they're gonna do, you never know what's gonna happen.....

FORD
02-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Here's what I find ironic about this whole thing......

The complaint is that the chemical used is something that is also used in rubber yoga mats. Well, here's a secret.....

Subway bread is baked in the oven on sheets of form fitting rubber. This is done because the rubber is non-stick, and previously the bread was baked in formed metal pans, but a lot of bread got wasted when it got stuck in these pans. Which is how it was done way back in the stone age when I worked at Subway. Sure we sprayed the pans with this non-stick "Pam" type of substance, but it didn't always work as well as it should.

It's heat resistant and doesn't melt into the bread or anything, but it makes the complaint ironic in either case. For the record though, I always did think Subway needed to upgrade to a healthier form of bread. Chemical free is a good start, but how about something actually whole grain without bleached flour?

DONNIEP
02-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Blah, blah, blabbety blah. Who fucking cares?

FORD
02-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Well... for a huge franchise that markets itself as being a healthy alternative to burger joints and other grease factories, the bread probably shouldn't bounce :biggrin:

Seshmeister
02-06-2014, 11:47 PM
I don't know if that's a harmful substance or not but it's important to always be wary of the false pejorative terms used in articles.

When you hear the word 'chemical' it makes you think of bleach or fucking agent orange.

In truth everything you eat has 'chemicals' 'natural' or otherwise.

In chemistry, a chemical substance is a form of matter that has constant chemical composition and characteristic properties. It cannot be separated into components by physical separation methods, i.e. without breaking chemical bonds. It can be solid, liquid, gas, or plasma.
Chemical substances are often called 'pure' to set them apart from mixtures. A common example of a chemical substance is pure water; it has the same properties and the same ratio of hydrogen to oxygen whether it is isolated from a river or made in a laboratory. Other chemical substances commonly encountered in pure form are diamond (carbon), gold, table salt (sodium chloride) and refined sugar (sucrose).

DONNIEP
02-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Everybody should run screaming into the streets...Or realize that nothing - NOTHING - you do is gonna give you a magic bullet to live forever.

Seshmeister
02-07-2014, 12:16 AM
Very true, it's very important for people to remember that no one gets out of here alive no matter what the fuck you do. Everything else is just little adjustments of risk.

There is so much nonsense talked about on this subject.

Key BS alert words are 'Natural', 'Chemical', 'Alternative' and 'Organic'.

Other stuff to watch for are things that increase your chance of a particular cancer by 20% which sounds scary until you find out you have a 0.5% chance of getting that cancer in the first place so it's a one in a thousand risk.

Angel
02-07-2014, 12:28 AM
Everybody should run screaming into the streets...Or realize that nothing - NOTHING - you do is gonna give you a magic bullet to live forever.

Thank goodness for that! Who the fuck wants to live forever?

Seshmeister
02-07-2014, 12:34 AM
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1/1800177_809976549028487_942491212_n.jpg

vandeleur
02-07-2014, 02:32 AM
This made me think of that woody Allen quote :
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying :)

Jérôme Frenchise
02-07-2014, 03:38 AM
Here's the way to get rid of additives and bad chemicals: quit buying shitty fast food, make the fucking effort of cooking your own food yourself with healthy products, and that's it!

Kristy
02-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Blah, blah, blabbety blah. Who fucking cares?

This is old news. But then again, if Fraggle Rock actually had a job where he was socializing with others and worked on getting his own apartment ...

fraroc
02-07-2014, 09:24 PM
This is old news. But then again, if Fraggle Rock actually had a job where he was socializing with others and worked on getting his own apartment ...

You sell your fucking snatch out for weed and you're telling ME to get a job?

Angel
02-08-2014, 08:26 AM
You sell your fucking snatch out for weed and you're telling ME to get a job?

Her body, her choice. And you should get a job...in fact, you should've had your first job at 16...