PDA

View Full Version : Ellen Page has come out

Jérôme Frenchise
02-17-2014, 12:58 AM
Bad news for the male gender, but it was obviously too heavy for her to bear any longer.

A masterful speech anyway, the girl can speak and, though emotionally overwhelmed, handle a crowd.

Hats off for that.

FORD
02-17-2014, 01:13 AM
Wasn't all surprised at this news. She always looked like a younger Melissa Etheridge to me. Now I know why......

binnie
02-17-2014, 05:12 AM
I look forward to the day where people don't have to 'come out'. People don't 'come out' as heterosexual, and I have no idea why we have to know about anyone else's sexuality.

fraroc
02-17-2014, 07:27 AM
I look forward to the day where people don't have to 'come out'. People don't 'come out' as heterosexual, and I have no idea why we have to know about anyone else's sexuality.

Until that day comes, coming out is still a big deal.

Jérôme Frenchise
02-17-2014, 08:51 AM
I agree, who cares about anybody's sexual preferences, just as long as they're good... If homosexuals still hesitate about revealing it, it's because of a still widespread resent about gayness. Things tend to be easier from decade to decade, but ostracism remains rooted in certain people's minds.
Many people are keen on categorizing others, whether they are famous or folks next door.
In recent years, some countries have institutionalized gay marriage, so that many have been able to stop hiding it - getting married or not. One of my students this year lets it completely show, carrying fashion handbags and all... Inside I find it ridiculous, but I keep it to myself and respect him as a person and one my pupils. Ten-fifteen years ago, no student would ever have made it conspicuous like that. Last year's new law for gay marriage also liberated behaviours on a daily basis.
The debate about it was really raging In the whole country.
I was not really for it, except that it grants homosexuals the right to transfer their ownings to their partner, which I find fair. Mostly I was in favour of it when it came to speak with stubborn, ultra-conservative persons, just to piss them off. :D

Anyway, beyond the topic, I found Ellen Page's speech full of mastery, which isn't that common, whatever your age. Props to her - if she can work it out like this about something that bugs her so much, then she can do just anything before an audience.

Nitro Express
02-17-2014, 06:01 PM

Maybe we should make a heterosexual flag and organize parades.

Angel
02-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Maybe we should make a heterosexual flag and organize parades.

Heterosexual's don't need to come out because they already are. :rolleyes:

Nitro Express
02-17-2014, 07:57 PM
Heterosexual's don't need to come out because they already are. :rolleyes:

Not enough though. We need parades and flags and matching uniforms.

WARF's Vagina
02-18-2014, 12:01 PM
Now Roth needs to come out of the closet and announce that he swings both ways. Men and boys!

VAiN
02-18-2014, 04:40 PM

You're on to something. We don't even get our own month, day or anything.. That's crap.

fraroc
02-18-2014, 05:02 PM

Straight people never needed them.

FORD
02-18-2014, 05:03 PM
You're on to something. We don't even get our own month, day or anything.. That's crap.

Hell, you're in Florida. That means you could walk down the street and shoot a random teenager for no reason, and get away with it.

Now THAT is "special rights"!

PETE'S BROTHER
02-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Hell, you're in Florida. That means you could walk down the street and shoot a random teenager for no reason, and get away with it.

Now THAT is "special rights"!

:nono: there was a bloody nose...

Fairwrning
02-18-2014, 06:11 PM
It would be interesting though if every heterosexual celebrity made a point out of saying it in their next interview.
Would it be considered anti-gay? Would gay people feel slighted? I mean not many proclaim " Im Straight"..
Why does a gay person feel the need to say " Im gay"..not trying to be a smartass just wondering..

Kristy
02-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Who the fuck cares? Shit actress. Is she thinking "Golly, my frozen hillbilly Canadian clit is gonna get in on some of that hot Hollywood pussy now!" Piss off back to your dull "independent films" bitch where even they don't give a shit on what you say - as long as you work for scale.

FORD
02-18-2014, 10:48 PM
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1/1623764_10151868781931863_1091997039_n.jpg

ELVIS
02-19-2014, 12:37 AM
Now Roth needs to come out of the closet and announce that he swings both ways. Men and boys!

Maybe if FORD comes out Dave will follow...:biggrin:

FORD
02-19-2014, 01:17 AM
ELVIS is always trying to "out" me..... and I wasn't even IN.

http://imagemoved.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/627.jpg

.....not that there's anything wrong with that.

ELVIS
02-19-2014, 01:36 AM
No I'm not...

You're just uptight about your gayness...:biggrin:

FORD
02-19-2014, 01:50 AM
Nah, I'm uptight about a lot of things, but that ain't one of them. If I were gay, I'd be totally fine with it. Not it would make much difference.... I'd just end up with psycho men instead of psycho women. :gulp:

FORD
02-19-2014, 02:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgAYFVHwY_c

fraroc
02-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Maybe if FORD comes out Dave will follow...:biggrin:

You are a complete douche if you stop being a DLR fan if he comes out as gay.

ELVIS
02-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Who said anything like that ??

Go practice writing yourself out of the closet, punk...

BITEYOASS
02-19-2014, 02:42 PM
She can be whatever orientation she wants to be, but she better make a cameo appearance as Mr. Lahey's daughter in the next season of The Trailer Park Boys or whenever they have another movie sequel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMHuEJCs1Vg

DONNIEP
02-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Who the hell is Ellen Page?

FORD
02-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Who the hell is Ellen Page?

Jimmy's daughter.

And now that she's come out as a Lesbian, Kristy wants to do her, because she knows it's as close as she will ever get to Jimmy. :biggrin: