PDA

View Full Version : Hagar campaigns for quack conman

Seshmeister
02-17-2014, 04:20 AM
Sammy Hagar Pleads with FDA to Allow Treatment For Drummer's Wife (A Top Story)

http://www.antimusic.com/news/14/February/ts12Sammy_Hagar_Pleads_with_FDA_to_Allow_Treatment _For_Drummers_Wife.shtml

On Wednesday Sammy Hagar Pleads with FDA to Allow Treatment For Drummer's Wife was a top story. Here is the recap: (American Rock Scene) Former Van Halen and Montrose frontman Sammy Hagar is leading a group of other hard rock musicians in a campaign to get the Food and Drug Administration to approve an experimental treatment for a friend's brain cancer.
Hagar and friends sent a letter to FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research and Sammy asked the agency to allow Liza Cozad-Lauser to have access to "an experimental treatment involving the use of antineoplastons."

Cozad-Lauser is the wife of Hagar's drummer, David Lauser, and the other signatories on the letter share the heavy metal connection: Van Halen drummer Michael Anthony; bassist Jack Blades of Night Ranger and guitarist Joe Satriani, who has played with a range of bands including Deep Purple.

But Hagar and pals argue that medical treatment is a personal choice: "We are aware there are differences of opinion within the medical community regarding the efficacy and potential of antineoplastons in treating patients afflicted with this illness," they write. "We are not asking the FDA to take a side in this debate. We are writing to simply urge that Liza be allowed to receive the treatment she seeks while research on the potential of antineoplastons for potential widespread use continues."

Seshmeister
02-17-2014, 04:33 AM
How typical of Hagar to be completely dumb!

There are NO differences of medical opinion there is one quack conman who should have been closed down years ago v everyone else.

The reason it is 'experimental' is that to get past laws making it illegal to sell snake oil is that he has pretended to be doing clinical trials. He has done this 60 times! without publishing any results.

A guy called Burzynski has been running a notorious clinic selling this snake oil treatment for decades for hundreds of thousands of dollars. He literally takes the piss out of dying people. it's beyond sick.

He also tries to threaten any website that points this out to protect his racket so it will be interesting to see if we get feedback.

http://www.skepticblog.org/2011/11/28/the-burzynski-clinic-another-crank-tries-to-intimidate-a-blogger/

Wikipedia has to be incredibly careful about what they say about living people in situations like this to avoid being sued and you will never see a more black and white entry than this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burzynski_Clinic

binnie
02-17-2014, 05:15 AM
Well, I feel sorry for all of the people involved. Quacks like this just increase the torture of illness by offering false hope.

Seshmeister
02-17-2014, 09:19 AM
The sad thing are the comments on the 15k signatures she got on her petition to be allowed the 'treatment'. Lots of people shouting abuse at the FDA for 'allowing her to die'.

Cancer is a hellish thing especially when medicine offers no cure but people have to be protected from these bastards preying on the desperate.

Of course if it was really some bureaucratic problem with the US government and this was a treatment that worked, after 20 years it would be available abroad. It isn't because it's a scam.

It's not just the victims money he is taking, the 'treatment' is also harmful.

http://theotherburzynskipatientgroup.wordpress.com/damning-fda-findings-about-stanislaw-burzynskis-trials/

twonabomber
02-17-2014, 09:26 AM
They fucked up the headline. Should be

SAMMY HAGAR'S MUSIC CAUSES BRAIN CANCER

Repost this wherever you see fit!

A guy called Burzynski has been running a notorious clinic selling this snake oil treatment for decades for hundreds of thousands of dollars. He literally takes the piss out of dying people. it's beyond sick.

Didn't we ban that guy? :D

Angel
02-17-2014, 09:30 AM
Well, I feel sorry for all of the people involved. Quacks like this just increase the torture of illness by offering false hope.

Agreed. I know a woman who is now destitute because they spent all their money trying crap like this. Now she's lost not only her husband, but the home they shared for 20 years.

Brain cancer in the stem...that fucking sucks. It's a death sentence, no doubt. But...the only long-term survivors I know of are using alternative medicine, in the form of marijuana oil. And there are legit studies that have been published.

I wanted my brother to try cannabis, but his girlfriend claimed he wasn't interested. Of course, we know now that she was just a gold-digging bitch...she wouldn't have wanted him spending money on anything that insurance wouldn't cover. He should've sold their million dollar condo and spent the $$. She was busy hiking up the debts once he was hospitalized anyway...

Okay, rant over...

VAiN
02-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Michael Anthony is Van Halen's drummer.

ZahZoo
02-17-2014, 03:39 PM

As I read the responses I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who read far enough into the article to catch that little zinger...

If the drug is in clinical testing phases on humans... they should be petitioning or bribing the pharmaceutical outfit to include her. If it's not at that stage yet... The FDA can't help them or her. That's probably better for her own good.

Seshmeister
02-17-2014, 08:06 PM
They have been doing clinical tests on humans for over 20 years but never publishing results because it doesn't work.

They found a loophole in the rules. They nearly got shut down by a fraud case a couple of years back but the jury was hung. The place is absolutely notorious, they are like the Westbro Church of quackery.

Nickdfresh
02-17-2014, 09:23 PM

He kept the beat for Ed's tuba...

Nitro Express
02-17-2014, 11:25 PM
You would think Mr. Cabo Wabo would know Mexico is the place to go for alternative medicine. Why mess with the FDA? Go to Mexico with a fist full of dollars. There's enough quacks there to cure anything.

DONNIEP
02-18-2014, 12:59 AM
"Antineoplastons"...sounds legit to me...

FORD
02-18-2014, 01:17 AM
Seems to me that if this doctor truly believes that people with a higher instance of these "antineoplatons" in their blood are more resistant to cancer, then it would make more sense to resarch how to get the body to make them naturally rather than inject them from an outside source, whether from somebody's blood or piss or synthetic versions.

Somebody whose body is already under attack from cancer (and possibly also weakened by chemo and/or radiation) probably isn't going to handle "alien" blood additives very well.

If Burzynski is correct about the antineoplastons, it sounds more like knowledge that would be best applied to preventing cancer than treating somebody who is already sick.

Nitro Express
02-18-2014, 01:27 AM
The bottled water business is where you see some great marketing. One outfit charges a premium for "oxygenated" water. Well water is one part oxygen and two parts hydrogen. It's not false advertising. There's oxygen in it but is it really worth $8 a liter?

PETE'S BROTHER
02-18-2014, 05:37 PM
michael anthony is van halen's drummer.

i believe he laid down the guitar tracks as well...