PDA

View Full Version : CNN to dump the Piss Morgan show

FORD
02-23-2014, 09:34 PM
CNN to end Piers Morgan's show

John Shinkle/POLITICO
By DYLAN BYERS |
2/23/14 7:48 PM EST

CNN President Jeff Zucker has decided to bring an end to Piers Morgan's low-rated primetime show, network sources told POLITICO on Sunday. "Piers Morgan Live" could end as early as next month, though Morgan may stay with the network in another role.

Morgan, a former British tabloid editor, replaced Larry King in the 9 p.m. hour three years ago, prior to Zucker's tenure as president. His show earned consistently low ratings, registering as few as 50,000 viewers in the 25-to-54 year-old demographic earlier this week.

"CNN confirms that Piers Morgan Live is ending," Allison Gollust, head of CNN communications, told POLITICO on Sunday after an earlier version of this post was published. "The date of the final program is still to be determined."

Morgan told The New York Times on Sunday that the show had "run its course" and that he and Zucker "have been talking for some time about different ways of using me.” Sources who spoke to POLITICO said the decision to end the show was Zucker's.

Zucker took the helm at CNN at the beginning of 2013 and has since brought incremental change to the network, including revitalized news programs and a new emphasis on films and documentary shows. Primetime remains the one area where Zucker has yet to impliment substantive change, a new 10 p.m. roundtable program with Anderson Cooper notwithstanding.

In October, Zucker hired Nightline anchor Bill Weir from ABC News, raising speculation that Weir might replace Morgan in the nine o'clock hour. CNN sources denied those reports at the time.

Despite low ratings, Morgan drew national attention for his aggressive gun-control campaign following the Sandy Hook school shooting in Newtown, Conn. Morgan addressed the issue nightly for several weeks in late 2012 and early 2013 and hosted fiery, combative interviews with pro-gun adovcates like Alex Jones, a conservative conspiracy theorist.

While some championed Morgan's dedication to the gun-control issue, others accused him of generating controversy for the sake of self-promotion. King, his predecessor, said Morgan had made the show as much about himself as about his guests, while Andrew Sullivan, a longtime critic of Morgan's, accused him of broadcasting “a rolling freak-show designed entirely for ratings.”

In an interview with POLITICO in January 2013, Morgan called his interview with Jones "the smartest booking we’ve ever made. The attention that interview got exploded this issue back onto the agenda."

Morgan's ratings, though never strong, hit all-time lows in recent weeks. Tuesday night's 50,000 viewers in the 25-to-54 demo were the second-lowest of his entire three-year tenure. On most nights in recent weeks he's brought in just one-third as many total viewers as MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and one-sixth as many as Fox News's Megyn Kelly.

Speaking with the Times' David Carr on Sunday, Morgan said, “It’s been a painful period and lately we have taken a bath in the ratings."

Morgan also suggested that American audiences were wary of his campaign for gun control.

“Look, I am a British guy debating American cultural issues, including guns, which has been very polarizing, and there is no doubt that there are many in the audience who are tired of me banging on about it,” he said.

FORD
02-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Could one of the Time Whorener/AOHell trolls that lurks here kindly pass this message on to Jeff......

You want your ratings to go up? Get Keith Olbermann back on prime time news. And let him say whatever the fuck he wants.

ELVIS
02-23-2014, 09:45 PM
Keith Olbermann ??

Ratings ??

LMAO !!

Nickdfresh
02-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Piers should interview Justin Beiber on live TV, while Homeland Security agents bust in and deport them both...

FORD
02-23-2014, 09:54 PM
And if Sharon Osbourne shows up to defend her buddy Piss, deport her ass too!

FORD
02-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Keith Olbermann ??

Ratings ??

LMAO !!

Alrighty then.... since RT stole Larry King from CNN, maybe they should take an RT show and put it in their lineup......

http://img.rt.com/files/program/1a/00/00/00/the_big_picture.gp.jpg

Seshmeister
02-23-2014, 10:52 PM
What a nightmare, does that mean he's coming back here?

Nitro Express
02-24-2014, 12:00 AM
I agree with Larry King. CNN's programing sucks so bad they should just show cartoons 24/7 and if there is a big news story, break into it.

Nitro Express
02-24-2014, 12:03 AM
What a nightmare, does that mean he's coming back here?

He already failed there. He can go torture Australia or New Zealand next. That will get him far away from the both of us.

FORD
02-24-2014, 12:08 AM
I agree with Larry King. CNN's programing sucks so bad they should just show cartoons 24/7 and if there is a big news story, break into it.

You mean like Alan Greenspan's wife did a few weeks ago on her MSNBC show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtcucHPkFkg

I'm not at all a fan of AIPAC whore and warmonger Jane Harman, but that's just fucking ridiculous.....

Nitro Express
02-24-2014, 12:09 AM
Alrighty then.... since RT stole Larry King from CNN, maybe they should take an RT show and put it in their lineup......

http://img.rt.com/files/program/1a/00/00/00/the_big_picture.gp.jpg

Actually Larry King produces and franchises his show. RT is just one of the networks that carries it.

FORD
02-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Actually Larry King produces and franchises his show. RT is just one of the networks that carries it.

Thom owns his own show too. It also airs on Free Speech TV, and now you can stream episodes on Hulu. But I'd like to see a "mainstream" cable network have the balls to put him in their lineup.

Yeah, I know there's a better chance that Satan will be building a snowman in his front yard tomorrow morning :(

Nitro Express
02-24-2014, 12:13 AM
You mean like Alan Greenspan's wife did a few weeks ago on her MSNBC show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtcucHPkFkg

I'm not at all a fan of AIPAC whore and warmonger Jane Harman, but that's just fucking ridiculous.....

LOL! I guess Justin Beiber is more important than what the financial sharks at The Economic Forum in Davos are scheming.

Nitro Express
02-24-2014, 12:17 AM
Thom owns his own show too. It also airs on Free Speech TV, and now you can stream episodes on Hulu. But I'd like to see a "mainstream" cable network have the balls to put him in their lineup.

Yeah, I know there's a better chance that Satan will be building a snowman in his front yard tomorrow morning :(

The problem is all our media has been bought up by the same conglomerate. That conglomerate protects the financial crooks robbing us blind. Like I said, if guys like Rush Limbaugh started ragging in detail about the corporate and banking fraud he would be off the air. All the mainstream media does is keep the left vs right paradigm going and cover celebrity news. Anyone who does any real investigative reporting seems to have their car blow up with them in it.

FORD
02-24-2014, 12:40 AM
It's not all the same conglomerate.....yet.

But if Scumcast merges with AoHell/TimeWhorener, it will be damn close.

Seshmeister
02-24-2014, 04:39 AM
http://www.epiccoolthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Diversity-of-Fox-News.jpg

Nitro Express
02-24-2014, 11:10 AM
It's not all the same conglomerate.....yet.

But if Scumcast merges with AoHell/TimeWhorener, it will be damn close.

Not in name but if you do a little research the controlling shares are owned by the same people. They also pull a neat little trick having the same people on the boards of directors of various companies. If you look at the five largest banks in the US and look at the board of directors it's the same people. So you basically have monopolies in reality but to the casual observer it looks like separate companies.

Nitro Express
02-24-2014, 11:15 AM
http://www.epiccoolthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Diversity-of-Fox-News.jpg

It's target marketing. They do their market research and put on what they think their target audience wants to see. Calling it a news channel is laughable. News is supposed to be neutral. Gone are the days of the crusty news reader. Journalists used to be as exciting as a stale sandwich. Now it's showbiz propaganda being targeted to a specific audience instead of the public as a whole. It's not neutral and there is an agenda they are trying to sell.

Nitro Express
02-24-2014, 11:20 AM
If Piss wants a long-term career he needs to get something straight. You don't come over to a country and be totally condescending and constantly bash the country and it's people. Gee. Guess what. The people in the country that you depend on for ratings might not like you. It's like trying to make friends while constantly ripping people and acting smug like you are better than they are. It just doesn't work.

The guy will be a failure wherever he goes with his current attitude.

vandeleur
02-24-2014, 12:17 PM
I don't think it was what he was saying was the problem ...... It's the fact he is a slimey twat .

Nitro Express
02-24-2014, 12:48 PM
I don't think it was what he was saying was the problem ...... It's the fact he is a slimey twat .

I heard he was involved in that phone tapping scandal in the UK. He probably came over here to avoid prosecution. Yeah he's a slimey twat but he also wore his anti-american attitude on his wrist over here so he got a double whammy in the US. Over here he's an america bashing slimy twat. He might as well have poured gasoline on himself and lit himself on fire. Heck. Film that. It might boost the ratings.

http://youtu.be/oHHvqncASrI

Piss was the slime from the video. LOL!

vandeleur
02-24-2014, 12:51 PM
He was recently being investigated about the scandal .

DONNIEP
02-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Yes, Piers, go far far away from here. Some place where you'll be safe from all the scary black rifles that obviously dance inside your empty head at night...

binnie
02-24-2014, 01:33 PM
Well, we don't want him back.

He is a nasty, immoral cunt.

FORD
02-24-2014, 01:56 PM
Send him to Russia. Maybe Putin could use a tabloid TV show?

Nitro Express
02-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Why punish the russians? They already had Stalin and the siege of Leningrad. Things finally start slowly changing over there and you want to send Piers Morgan to set them back?

FORD
02-24-2014, 04:37 PM
I think their 12th century homophobia is evidence enough that they're setting themselves back. They deserve Piss.

Nitro Express
02-24-2014, 05:29 PM
I think their 12th century homophobia is evidence enough that they're setting themselves back. They deserve Piss.

The western media blows that way out of proportion. Russia has a law banning promotion of homosexuality to minors. There are gay clubs and homosexuals over there. They just don't want the lifestyle being promoted to their children. All this stink about Russia has to do with them economically isolating themselves from the western banking system. Russia is not tied to the EU or the Bank of International Settlements. Putin kicked the oligarchs out who were stealing their oil.

If Russia was a member of the EU or NATO there would be zero Putin bashing even if he was a bigger monster. It's all who's on who's alliance. Putin is on the opposing financial team.

Fairwrning
02-24-2014, 06:30 PM
Can we get a Hell Yeah..pompous ass is done..nice..Nancy Grace next please..

FORD
02-24-2014, 06:39 PM
Hell, they should drop Nancy Grace AND the entire channel she's on. They don't even bother spelling out "Headline News" anymore, since there's not much actual news on it. They should just delete it entirely and run CNN International in its place. Unlike either of the US versions, it's still an actual news channel.

Fairwrning
02-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Keep Robin Meade and its all good...hln is only good from 7-9 am

Nickdfresh
02-24-2014, 07:20 PM
It's target marketing...

Yeah. To white people afraid of anyone and anything different...

Kristy
02-24-2014, 08:01 PM
As terrible as Morgan is this is CNN"s way of scapegoating their miserable network. I don't mind that arrogant bag of limey shit being gone but on the other hand, I am hoping this will start a trend at CNN and Wolf, Cooper and that rube Grace will see contract termination papers soon.

Kristy
02-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Keep Robin Meade and its all good...hln is only good from 7-9 am

Get rid of her F A T thighs.

FORD
02-24-2014, 08:14 PM
As terrible as Morgan is this is CNN"s way of scapegoating their miserable network. I don't mind that arrogant bag of limey shit being gone but on the other hand, I am hoping this will start a trend at CNN and Wolf, Cooper and that rube Grace will see contract termination papers soon.

Yeah, but ever since AOHell/TimeWhorener bought CNN from Ted Turner, every round of replacement anchors has been worse than the ones before. So that's not a good precedent.

Reportedly Zucker is the guy who fucked up Jay Leno's first retirement from the Tonight Show and screwed Conan O'Brien over. Now that Leno is out of work again, maybe they'll give him the CNN show?

If they were smart, they would go with a local talent who lives in the Atlanta area, Mike Malloy. Just let him do his three hour show on CNN. He's worked for the network before, as a writer, so somebody there should still know him.

Kristy
02-24-2014, 08:48 PM
That will never happen. CNN only wants "yes men." In that whomever they hire to replace that twit Morgan will say "yes, sir!" to whatever the suits tell them.

Seshmeister
02-24-2014, 09:34 PM
http://s29.postimg.org/du52p77av/piers.jpg

Satan
03-15-2014, 01:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb42-cCsvjw

twonabomber
03-15-2014, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW36mm6xvFc

http://25.media.tumblr.com/6cd27d3fc0c6ec224be4905110ccfad5/tumblr_n1wdn0GboO1qhlcjbo1_500.gif

Seshmeister
03-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Clarkson punched him in his stupid fat face on a plane a few years back. :)

Not the best punch ever by all accounts but you have to admire the sentiment...

Nitro Express
03-15-2014, 08:43 PM
I would have loved to see that. LOL!

Nitro Express
03-15-2014, 08:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb42-cCsvjw

Chelsae is kind of like Don Rickles. The humor is blatantly telling the truth. If done right it can be funny as hell. Rickles is a master of it. Chelsae tries.

twonabomber
03-15-2014, 11:36 PM
Clarkson punched him in his stupid fat face on a plane a few years back. :)

Not the best punch ever by all accounts but you have to admire the sentiment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfzu2ObrYzc