PDA

View Full Version : Fooking tv rubbish......

Hardrock69
03-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Ok, so waiting for some telebision program to come on...

I catched the end of some drama called "Mind Games".......

If this is the state of current TV drama I am appalled......not that I expected by some miracle that TV production would have evolved somewhat over the past 40 years.....

Technology has improved, for sure....but direction, screenplay, acting, dialog, etc. etc. are another story....

A 40-minute-long endless series of soundbites masquerading as lame, regurgitated dialog in a post-modern Joe Friday-esque delivery.

After 3 minutes I wanted to scream. So I muted the audio and began to type this irrational stupidity. It was only on another minute or so...it's detrimental effects have been neutralized....

The horror....

the horror.....

the horror.....

http://i62.tinypic.com/2rfgeqc.gif

Is it any wonder I watch documentaries?

Sure, it is possible this is not representative of a large segment of modern-day network programming, but for some reason it looked so fucking cookie-cutter in the overall production values, the dialog......even the costuming and set dressing......they are all the same fucking monotonous yet pedestrian shades of black, grey and khaki.......One Life To Live gone Prime-time.....all that is missing is the cheezy organ in the background......

On a slightly relevent note....I had gone to see the Star Crack: Next Generation movies at the theater.....I think First Contact was the last one that really seemed like a film. The next one I was sitting there watching it, and about 30 minutes in I realized I was watching an expanded 1-hour TV script with a bunch of dollars thrown at it.

I actually got up and walked out before it was over. I realized the fucking thing had been directed by someone who had no real experience directing motion pictures, but had worked extensively in the television field......

The reboot of Star Trek got it right. It was a FILM. Not an overblown TV episode with Captain Picard at the helm.

Had never really recognized the differences as such until that point...what...in the late 90s? But then I am not in the picture business, and had not really paid attention to that.....these days it is easier for me to spot directors who have worked in television but have made the leap to working in pictures. Can't describe it. A sort of "small homogenized" production style.

Ugh....

Fortunately I have the ability to change channels at will. This ability has saved me from many painful hours of torment at the hands of evil yet incapable television producers.

But we must consider, Ridley Scott directed TV commercials before he got into pictures.

Not everyone is Sir Scott though.

Certainly not the director of that supposed television show I saw....

ELVIS
03-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Just fucking get rid of TV, dumbass...

Hardrock69
03-04-2014, 11:58 PM
No, how many times do I have to tell you, stupid, I don't want your used gay-boy magazines.

Stop trying to foist that crap off on me, or I will tell your husband. Does he know you are fooling around on him?

ELVIS
03-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Fuck off...

You're not even remotely entertaining...

Hardrock69
03-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Says the uneducated Louisiana King Of Trailer Trash wannabe......

Nobody is forcing you to read this, dumbass.

If you don't like it, throw away your fucking computer.

Hardrock69
03-05-2014, 08:41 AM
The following post will have far more educational and entertainment value than everything you have ever posted on the internet, tool.

Hardrock69
03-05-2014, 08:42 AM
`````

Hardrock69
03-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Admit it you retarded fuck....you wish you could post anything that is even remotely as entertaining as the above post....

Elvis.....the half-wit bastard step-child and sex toy of this guy:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll79/apocalypto10/russian%20women/deliverance-remake.jpg

chefcraig
03-05-2014, 09:21 AM
For me episodic tv suffered a great decline for decades after St. Elsewhere and Hill Street Blues. Hell, even the comedy shows like Family Ties and Cheers were worth watching. And soon after...nothing, for over decade. (Yeah, name something worthwhile between 1989 and sometime in the 2000s, other tha a couple of retro shows, some teen confusion and sci fi shows.)

Then for no apparent reason, sometime after 9/11, the Fox spinoff channel FX came up with The Shield, making the cops as bad guys and completely changing the tv landscape forever, setting the way for Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Hell On Wheels and Justified. To a lighter extent, USA came up with Burn Notice, (OK, sue me...it's sort of a soap opera, yet what isn't?)Royal Pains and the excellent White Collar.

Semi-reality wise, I avoid the backwoods nitwit axers and alligator wrestlers, home make over and storage bin foragers. The Amish and some supposed moonshiners? OK, if nothing else is on. It's all fake anyway.

I do love Pawn Stars, Counting Cars and American Restoration.

Good tv DOES EXIST, ya just need basic cable to find it.

ZahZoo
03-05-2014, 10:09 AM
I would add History channel's Vikings is a great new series.

Also looking forward to the new series Cosmos to see if it's worth a watch... I got a feeling it won't live up to the hype though.

Zing!
03-05-2014, 10:15 AM
I've been digging Through The Wormhole With Morgan Freeman lately.

ELVIS
03-05-2014, 11:38 AM
TV is designed to keep the sheeple asleep...

Keep watching it, Hardhead00...

Nitro Express
03-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Good TV costs money to produce. You have to have good writers, producers, and actors. The industry found they could make more money selling reality TV. The production costs of a reality TV show is far less than producing a top notch sit-com. The industry will sell the public the cheapest product it's willing to accept. So really, the TV only reflects the public in general and the public has become stupid.

FORD
03-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Good TV costs money to produce. You have to have good writers, producers, and actors. The industry found they could make more money selling reality TV. The production costs of a reality TV show is far less than producing a top notch sit-com. The industry will sell the public the cheapest product it's willing to accept. So really, the TV only reflects the public in general and the public has become stupid.

Boils down to greedy corporations hatred of unions.....

You had union writers creating shows acted by union actors working on sets built by union crews. And the greedy corporate fucks who have bought all the TV networks couldn't stand that.

And since this thread started with a criticism of the new show "Mind Games", let me add this...... I've only seen the pilot episode, so I haven't really made up my mind about it yet. But what I DID like about it, is that it was openly honest about the manipulative bullshit that is thrown in our faces every day..... much of it coming from the corporate media itself. Based on that reason alone, ABC/Di$ney will probably be pressured to cancel it, regardless of what the ratings are. If they move the show to their Thursday 8:00 PM "death slot", you know it's toast..........

Hardrock69
03-05-2014, 01:31 PM
What it is about is actually irrelevant though.

I was not lecturing about the content....I was lecturing about the production of the thing.

:)

TV is designed to keep the sheeple asleep...

Keep watching it, Hardhead00...

I rarely watch TV. That is YOUR pacifier, idiot.

Well...that and your husband's tiny penis......

ELVIS
03-05-2014, 01:41 PM
My wife and I don't have TV service, idiot...

We had sattelite but cancelled it over two years ago...

There's more than enough real and important information to pay attention to...

It's obvious by your posts over the years that you are asleep and choose to stay that way...

Nighty night...

ELVIS
03-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Dork...

ZahZoo
03-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Schmuck...

Hardrock69
03-06-2014, 09:35 AM
My wife and I don't have TV service, idiot...

We had sattelite but cancelled it over two years ago...

There's more than enough real and important information to pay attention to...

It's obvious by your posts over the years that you are asleep and choose to stay that way...

Nighty night...

YOU are the "wife". I bet your husband gets tired of you playing on the internet all day.

It's is obvious NOW that you are asleep and choose to stay that way.

You leave out the obvious....you canceled your "sattelite" service (whatever that is) because you cannot afford to have cable or any other TV service. Not surprising considering you live in a rotting tarpaper shack out in the bayou.
Besides, an inbred deviant such as yourself has much difficulty dealing with "sattelite" service, or any other technology.

Funny....you telling me to get rid of TV....when you have none.

Dumbass....

Mushroom
03-06-2014, 04:07 PM
OMG Boring

Mushroom
03-06-2014, 04:11 PM
I would add History channel's Vikings is a great new series.

Also looking forward to the new series Cosmos to see if it's worth a watch... I got a feeling it won't live up to the hype though.

Vikings! Yes now my favorite show. Kristy and I just got back from our honeymoon in Fiji. I am still in pain. We did some role playing Vikings-style. She is as tough as nails like Ragnar's hot wife.

Nitro Express
03-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Boils down to greedy corporations hatred of unions.....

You had union writers creating shows acted by union actors working on sets built by union crews. And the greedy corporate fucks who have bought all the TV networks couldn't stand that.

And since this thread started with a criticism of the new show "Mind Games", let me add this...... I've only seen the pilot episode, so I haven't really made up my mind about it yet. But what I DID like about it, is that it was openly honest about the manipulative bullshit that is thrown in our faces every day..... much of it coming from the corporate media itself. Based on that reason alone, ABC/Di$ney will probably be pressured to cancel it, regardless of what the ratings are. If they move the show to their Thursday 8:00 PM "death slot", you know it's toast..........

I'm neutral on unions. They can be good or they can be just as corrupt as the corporations. It's always good to see a good union and there are a few. I thought it was cool how Jay Leno was proud to say The Tonight Show was a union show and the staff did good work and got paid well to do it. I'm not a fan of the teamsters union but it's good to see they are in fighting the pacific trade treaty our illustrious president is trying to sneak us into.

ZahZoo
03-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Vikings! Yes now my favorite show. Kristy and I just got back from our honeymoon in Fiji. I am still in pain. We did some role playing Vikings-style. She is as tough as nails like Ragnar's hot wife.

Lagertha was pretty tough... After Ragnar Lokbrok divorced her... Viking lore and actual history records her as ruling Norway on her own after killing her husband.

FORD
03-06-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm neutral on unions. They can be good or they can be just as corrupt as the corporations. It's always good to see a good union and there are a few. I thought it was cool how Jay Leno was proud to say The Tonight Show was a union show and the staff did good work and got paid well to do it. I'm not a fan of the teamsters union but it's good to see they are in fighting the pacific trade treaty our illustrious president is trying to sneak us into.

The unions fought hard to keep NAFTA out. My dad retired from the Machinists Union, so I heard a lot about it back in 1992. We both ended up voting for Clinton, because we thought 12 consecutive years of the BCE in the White House was enough, and didn't think Perot could beat him.

And now are both sorry we did so...... :(

ELVIS
03-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Schmuck...

That too...

Hear that, Cockless00 ??

:biggrin:

ZahZoo
03-07-2014, 02:19 AM
Putz...

Nitro Express
03-07-2014, 02:31 AM
The unions fought hard to keep NAFTA out. My dad retired from the Machinists Union, so I heard a lot about it back in 1992. We both ended up voting for Clinton, because we thought 12 consecutive years of the BCE in the White House was enough, and didn't think Perot could beat him.

And now are both sorry we did so...... :(

The presidential race has been a rigged game for a long time. Clinton had a connection to Bush before he even was president. The CIA were bringing the cocaine into Arkansas and Bill was in on it.

Hardrock69
03-10-2014, 12:21 PM
You know, in China if it had come out even 30 years later that the "administrator" of some province had allowed cocaine smuggling, they would sentence him to death, and then take him right out back to say hi to 9mm.

Here.....it is common knowledge that he knew about it and let it happen......yet he got elected president and now is just a popular Democratic ex-president who got his dick sucked by Monica Blewinsky.....with a wife who may run for president in 2016.

That is what happens in a democratic free society I guess.

Speaking of Hillary, there is nobody even remotely close to her who will be elected. Nobody stands a chance.

Just on the common sense aspect of it......look at her cred.....and then she has the expertise of hubby.......

Now that a black man was elected, the flood gates are opening, and it only makes sense that we need a female president for once.

She has the power. Not just ex-first wifey. But ex-Secretary Of State. She has the cred at the right place at the right time.

This is the 21st-century and people (except Elvis and the Republicans) are beginning to wake up and take matters into their own hands.

Just in the past 3 years, look how many people in other countries rose up in open revolt against their government......you KNOW China is nervous right now...certainly they were during the Arab Spring uprisings....

Here Stateside, look that the minor, quiet revolution going on with pot right now......there will be at least one state legalize it this summer (Alaska), but 2016 all the other states will have had the chance to see how many billions those legalized states will have raked in......current estimates of tax revenue in Colorado right now up to June of 2015 are that they will see 180 million just in tax revenue....probably double that for the trickle-down effect of pot tourism...the hotels, restaurants, night-clubs, car rental, etc.

All because people figured out that they are the government, and can decide for themselves what they want to do about certain issues.

Kristy
03-13-2014, 02:15 PM
Fuck off...

You're not even remotely entertaining...

Don't make Ms. Dunst angry. She may threaten to leave (again).

ZahZoo
03-13-2014, 04:32 PM
What's up with this leaving business... used to be folks would give and take the abuse and roll with it around here.

These days one harsh word and the pussies are off crying and checked into 3 months of heavy therapy...

PETE'S BROTHER
03-13-2014, 04:49 PM
what's up with this leaving business... Used to be folks would give and take the abuse and roll with it around here.

These days one harsh word and the pussies are off crying and checked into 3 months of heavy therapy...

at three other sites

ZahZoo
03-13-2014, 06:35 PM
at three other sites

Some are just site ho's and cheap tramps...

Kristy
03-13-2014, 08:13 PM
I spent the past three weeks or so just getting high. Stoner benders while you pussies bicker about shitty live albums.

78/84 guy
03-13-2014, 08:29 PM
I spent the past three weeks or so just getting high. Stoner benders while you pussies bicker about shitty live albums.

Use my phone and dial 1-800- SOMEONEWHOGIVESAFUCK !!! Can you do that again for the next 3 weeks ??? And the 3 after that ?? And the 3 aft............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................And so on !!!!!!!!

Kristy
03-13-2014, 08:36 PM
I highly doubt you can afford a god damn phone.

78/84 guy
03-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Walmart bayyyybeeeee !!!! It ain't no fun waitin' round to be a millionaire !!!!!!

Kristy
03-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Oh, a white trash phone.
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~nohe/Indicium/Ref/RUDI_KROLLOP.JPG

78/84 guy
03-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Gonna be a white trash millionaire !!! B.S.C.

78/84 guy
03-13-2014, 11:34 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.607991108017652268&w=207&h=207&c=8&pid=3.1&qlt=90&rm=2

ZahZoo
03-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Oh, a white trash phone.

You can actually buy these today and pair it via Bluetooth with your cell phone and it's fully functional...

http://retrolifemedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6

ELVIS
03-14-2014, 01:34 PM
I'll bet you look like the bees knees talking on that thing while vaping yourself to death...;)

ZahZoo
03-14-2014, 04:47 PM
I don't have one of them things... waste of money to me. I don't care that much for phones...

Donnie has one though.

Kristy
03-14-2014, 05:14 PM
Donnie has a shit avatar.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-14-2014, 05:28 PM

yours needs focus and clarity ;)

DONNIEP
03-14-2014, 05:41 PM

Let's change them both at the same time. You post a pic of your knockers and I'll post a pic of me licking the screen.

DONNIEP
03-14-2014, 05:42 PM
I don't have one of them things... waste of money to me. I don't care that much for phones...

Donnie has one though.

I do have one and everybody else should too. www.meetthebrick.com

Kristy
03-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Here ya go, you fucking twerp:
http://ummiles3.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/santiago-door-knockers1.jpg

PETE'S BROTHER
03-14-2014, 06:21 PM
tune in tokyo

DONNIEP
03-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Here ya go, you fucking twerp:
http://ummiles3.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/santiago-door-knockers1.jpg

Why would I not be surprised if that's really your front door, hahaha

Kristy
03-14-2014, 07:03 PM
Got it at Wal-Mart for $14.99

PETE'S BROTHER
03-14-2014, 07:10 PM
stop spending money at wal mart

Nitro Express
03-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Oh, a white trash phone.

Oh grandpa bought the extra battery pack. Yeah. Now he can talk an extra five minutes on that brick. You could cave someone's skull in with that phone.

DONNIEP
03-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Walmart rules! Let's all go down there and do the 5150 Walk!!!

DONNIEP
03-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Oh grandpa bought the extra battery pack. Yeah. Now he can talk an extra five minutes on that brick. You could cave someone's skull in with that phone.

Nah, he was too busy banging the life out of a dozen New York aspiring models...That phone had an integrated panty dropper!!

Nitro Express
03-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Nah, he was too busy banging the life out of a dozen New York aspiring models...That phone had an integrated panty dropper!!

Ahh yes. The 80's! When nobody cared about decadence because they thought if they worked hard enough they could be rich too!

Nitro Express
03-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Walmart rules! Let's all go down there and do the 5150 Walk!!!

5150 walk. Yeah. Walmart is a Sammy type joint. We's having a rollback on the Spongebob capri shorts.

DONNIEP
03-17-2014, 11:32 AM
5150 walk. Yeah. Walmart is a Sammy type joint. We's having a rollback on the Spongebob capri shorts.

Higgins - I don't know about the rest of the country, but the Walmarts down here are absolutely Duckified. They got Duck towels, Duck blankets, Duck clothes, Duck cookies, Duck sheets, blah blah blah. Yeah, that's just what I want to wrap up with on a cold nite - an old ugly fucker with a nasty looking beard. Wait - I think I know what I'm gonna get Kristy for Christmas this year!

Kristy
03-17-2014, 11:58 AM
A pair of these to stomp your face in will do
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/712nTGC0PvL._SL1500_.jpg

Nitro Express
03-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Higgins - I don't know about the rest of the country, but the Walmarts down here are absolutely Duckified. They got Duck towels, Duck blankets, Duck clothes, Duck cookies, Duck sheets, blah blah blah. Yeah, that's just what I want to wrap up with on a cold nite - an old ugly fucker with a nasty looking beard. Wait - I think I know what I'm gonna get Kristy for Christmas this year!

I hate Walmart. I can remember when small towns really had some great mom and pop general stores. In fact some of those stores sold things you couldn't find in the big box stores. Walmart targeted small towns and ran those stores out of business. I haven't been in a Wal-Mart in probably ten years. They used to have this real fake american patriotic theme and most of what was in the store was MADE IN CHINA. In fact, after 9/11 the country fell into this real sick fake patrotism mode and Walmart totaly marketed to it. They had bundles of MADE IN CHINA american flags for sale. That irked me. Then they started selling so many chinese made goods the stores actually started to smell like china.

Now anyone who's been to Guangdong China knows the place has a certain smell to it. It's a combination of humidity, air pollution with a tinge of diesel to it, the smell of heavy weight industrial oil, and whatever is being cooked in the vending wagons for lunch. It's the Guangdong smell. Walmart stores smelled like Guangdong while they wore american flags. That's it! I'm done with this shit!

I never got the Duck Dynasty thing. All I know is duck calls were more lucrative than I ever imagined and now those guys have gone full Chaim Witz with their merchandising ventures. Are they really baptists? They are almost more jewish than Gene Simmons is.

Don't even get me started on all that camouflaged shit. Fine if you are going bow hunting but who wants a woodland camo beer can holder or woodland camo car seat covers? Then people pay extra for the Mossy Oak brand. I was on a fishing trip. I lost my sunglasses. I go into a place and the only glasses they have are Mossy Oak camo sunglasses. I buy a pair. They broke. They were the most overpriced pieces of shit. The plastic in the frames was so brittle it just snapped like a cheap vending machine toy. Let's charge North Face prices for goobered up, Walmart grade MADE IN GUANDONG shit.

The other pathetic observation is the whole public got their panties in a bind over the whole Duck Dynasty gay controversy. Talk about a waste of time and energy. I just thank god the gays haven't gotten into the Mossy Oak trend. We don't need no fucking rainbow or pink colored camo.

FORD
03-17-2014, 12:42 PM

Why the Hell would anybody want to buy boots that would take a half hour just to lace up and tie the goddamned things (because you would never get them on your feet without totally de-lacing them)

Docs are quality boots (or at least they used to be. I'm assuming they didn't go to China like all the other companies, or there would have been mass skinhead suicide reports in the news) but I'll stick to normal high-tops.

Nitro Express
03-17-2014, 12:42 PM

I don't know what would be a bigger pain in the ass. Getting kicked by the boot or undoing all those laces and lacing it back up.

FORD
03-17-2014, 12:48 PM
I just thank god the gays haven't gotten into the Mossy Oak trend. We don't need no fucking rainbow or pink colored camo.

too late......

https://www.justcamo.com/browse/womens-clothing-and-accessories/womens-pink-camouflage

and it doesn't look like you can blame the gays for it either.

Apparently "rainbow camo" also technically exists, but so far only as a hidden option in a Call of Duty video game. Can't imagine it would be too practical in reality.... unless you were hunting unicorns or leprechauns (just to throw in the obligatory St. Pat's reference for the day)

Kristy
03-17-2014, 05:12 PM
...but I'll stick to normal high-tops.

Because those were so in fashion back in 1985.

FORD
03-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Well, I was speaking of normal, ankle high Docs, but yeah, I still have my old Converse high tops in the closet. Don't wear them as much as I used to. Absolutely useless for walking in... no arch support. But God help me, I can't bear to throw them out.

Nitro Express
03-17-2014, 08:15 PM
too late......

https://www.justcamo.com/browse/womens-clothing-and-accessories/womens-pink-camouflage

and it doesn't look like you can blame the gays for it either.

Apparently "rainbow camo" also technically exists, but so far only as a hidden option in a Call of Duty video game. Can't imagine it would be too practical in reality.... unless you were hunting unicorns or leprechauns (just to throw in the obligatory St. Pat's reference for the day)

Jesus Christ. Now I really hate Mossy Oak. Bunch of whores. Does Gene Simmons own Mossy Oak? They will sell anything and market to anybody.

FORD
03-17-2014, 08:22 PM
Jesus Christ. Now I really hate Mossy Oak. Bunch of whores. Does Gene Simmons own Mossy Oak? They will sell anything and market to anybody.

Would you believe.......... Warren Buffett?

Mossy Oak was acquired by Russell Brands in 2000. Russell was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2006. And of course, Warren Buffett is the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Hardrock69
03-30-2014, 01:48 PM
I bet Kristy is quite the fuck when she is wearing those boots....