PDA

View Full Version : FORD's March Madness 2014 Thread

FORD
03-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Yeah, as of right now, it's 10 days before you can even put up your brackets, but I was bored and had a few minutes to kill, so I thought I would set it up. You can still join the group early, even though the brackets aren't yet available.

Group Name: FORD's March Madness 2014
Group Password: wawazat

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2014/en/group?groupID=311514

Hardrock69
03-07-2014, 08:50 PM
I normally do not give a fuck about NCAA sports.

But last year WSU made it to the final four!

And this year they were the only undefeated team at the end of a season! A perfect 31-0!!!

Sure....not saying much because their opponents were the notriously weak teams of the Missouri Valley Conference....but you can't get to the Final Four without being able to play some ball...

So this season has been interesting. Game is on ESPN, watch for about 10 minutes until they get a 20-point lead, then check back in just before the end of the game to watch them win....still with a 20-point lead.

So I will watch every game I can when the tournament begins.

They occasionally are in the national spotlight. For awhile in the 80s or 90s their baseball team were NCAA champs.

Their football team sucked so bad, the program was discontinued in the 70s, lol.

I went to some of their football games in the late 60s, and we always left saying "Well....maybe next time...." as the score would be 80-3 in favor of the visiting team, lol.

Just glad they have a winning team right now.

Hardrock69
03-08-2014, 04:07 PM
:lmao:

In the Missouri Valley Tournament, WSU is ahead of Missouri State by 32 points with 10 minutes left.....I think this will make them 33 out of 33....

Fairwrning
03-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Hoping Virginia can beat Duke today and make a deep run in the NCAA....Elite 8 maybe..

FORD
03-16-2014, 07:44 PM
OK, the brackets are up, so fucking sign up already! :gulp:

Von Halen
03-17-2014, 08:16 AM
I normally do not give a fuck about NCAA sports.

But last year WSU made it to the final four!

And this year they were the only undefeated team at the end of a season! A perfect 31-0!!!

Sure....not saying much because their opponents were the notriously weak teams of the Missouri Valley Conference....but you can't get to the Final Four without being able to play some ball...

So this season has been interesting. Game is on ESPN, watch for about 10 minutes until they get a 20-point lead, then check back in just before the end of the game to watch them win....still with a 20-point lead.

So I will watch every game I can when the tournament begins.

They occasionally are in the national spotlight. For awhile in the 80s or 90s their baseball team were NCAA champs.

Their football team sucked so bad, the program was discontinued in the 70s, lol.

I went to some of their football games in the late 60s, and we always left saying "Well....maybe next time...." as the score would be 80-3 in favor of the visiting team, lol.

Just glad they have a winning team right now.

Having your entire football team perish in a plane crash, doesn't help.

Joe Carter played baseball there. Traditionally, WSU has a great baseball program.

Don't forget about the original "Bookend Forwards", Antoine Carr and Cliff Levingston. Not to mention, Xavier McDaniel.

I would love to see them go back to the Final Four, but it doesn't seem the NCAA Selection Committee has the same desire. WSU got royally fucked with their Region.

Fairwrning
03-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Im in...I know little about college ball so Im a lock..

FORD
03-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Yeah, like I know anything about this shit? :biggrin:

My bracket is inevitably shot to Hell by the Sweet 16... but I always do it anyway, just for shits and giggles.

I'd never actually bet money on this shit though. I'd be running from bookies and loan sharks the rest of my life.

sonrisa salvaje
03-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Hint - let your wife of girlfriend pick your bracket. This is a sure fire way to possibly win.

TFM_Dale
03-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Nice to see Warning signed up, I look forward to kicking his ass in something besides football :)

Fairwrning
03-18-2014, 05:27 PM
We didnt even play last year fucker!!....I want a showdown this year..:fighting0030:

Im past due for a playoff run.

TFM_Dale
03-18-2014, 06:02 PM
We didnt even play last year fucker!!....I want a showdown this year..:fighting0030:

Im past due for a playoff run.
So are the girls :bigwink:
Unfortunately my friend it won't be happening for either of you.

Kristy
03-18-2014, 11:42 PM
College basketball so god damn boring. It's like watching Sammy Hagar shoot hoops.

TFM_Dale
03-18-2014, 11:54 PM
College basketball so god damn boring. It's like watching Sammy Hagar shoot hoops.

That would require effort and some talent, Lord knows that talentless hack has never put effort into anything other than destroying bands. He does have a knack for that though.

Kristy
03-19-2014, 01:13 AM
College sports
:-)

FORD
03-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Still have time to post your bracket, Kristy. They get locked down at Thursday, March 20th at 12:30pm ET

Now.... if I can only remember what the fuck I did with my Arizona Wildcats shirt.......

Fairwrning
03-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Apparently I didnt submit my bracket..shit

TFM_Dale
03-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Dayton knocks off the suckeyes, my bracket is still intact :bigwink:

Never was
03-20-2014, 02:22 PM
I had Dayton too, for them Ohio St. is their championship game.

TFM_Dale
03-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Was a good game, Dayton is my favorite team right now :)

Never was
03-20-2014, 03:33 PM
Dale I see we both were homers picking Michigan and UVA for me. (Notre Dame apparently stopped playing basketball in November or at least they should have)

TFM_Dale
03-20-2014, 04:20 PM
Had to go with Michigan, they have a shot if they play some D, if not they could get blasted by those duke fuckers.

Satan
03-21-2014, 08:05 PM
God damn... Duke and Ohio State both out in the first round??

Never saw that shit coming. Actually I had the fuckeyes in my final 4 :(

(Or would have, if I had remembered to post my bracket in time. For some reason, it's hard to get to the ESPN website from Hell)

FORD
03-23-2014, 09:29 PM
When you get rid of your cable TV subscription, half the fun of watching March Madness is hunting around on XBMC for a decent quality video stream to watch the games. There's something called USTVNow which does a passable job on network TV channels, so I've been watching the CBS games more than anything else. But their coverage ended early today, and I had to find the Arizona vs Gonzaga game on TBS.

Found the stream, and it wasn't until all these strange commercials came on the screen that I realized this stream was actually coming from the UK version of ESPN.

Here's the weird part - the stream is better quality than the US streams I have been watching!

Just more evidence that the cable monopolies in this country are fucking up the internet. I'm getting my live video from the foreigners whenever possible now!

FORD
03-23-2014, 10:49 PM
BTW.... question for our British friends (if any happen to read this thread).....

What the Hell is up with the "Brian the talking robot" commercials anyway?

Is he your version of the Geico lizard?

Nitro Express
03-24-2014, 04:03 AM
God damn... Duke and Ohio State both out in the first round??

Never saw that shit coming. Actually I had the fuckeyes in my final 4 :(

(Or would have, if I had remembered to post my bracket in time. For some reason, it's hard to get to the ESPN website from Hell)

As corrupt as things are in this country now I wouldn't be surprised the mob paid off the teams to take a dive so they could make better odds on their bets.

FORD
03-25-2014, 11:13 PM
The irony of where TV streams come from just got even weirder than watching via British TV.....

I just installed an XBMC plugin that gives me great quality streams of the Pac12 sports channels (based on the West Coast of the US). I'm not sure where the stream itself originates, but the guy who built the plugin is in fucking Bangkok.

Yeah, as in Thailand. (Is there any other Bangkok??)

Unfortunately, they aren't carrying the March Madness games, but it will be a good thing to have when football season comes around.... Go DAWGS!!

Von Halen
03-26-2014, 08:31 AM
The fucking refs gave that WSU game to Kenfucky! Calipari the crook probably paid them off!

I hope it's a MSU vs Michigan final! That would kick ass!

TFM_Dale
03-26-2014, 10:12 AM
The fucking refs gave that WSU game to Kenfucky! Calipari the crook probably paid them off!

I hope it's a MSU vs Michigan final! That would kick ass!
Von pulling for Michigan? What the fuck is happening to this world?!?!?!

Von Halen
03-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Von pulling for Michigan? What the fuck is happening to this world?!?!?!

Hey, I wanted them to beat Lewisville last year!

FORD
03-26-2014, 02:24 PM

Yeah, I saw a few suspicious calls in a couple of games last week that probably influenced the outcome of the game more than they should.

Granted, I had Kentucky in this game, so it worked out good for my bracket, but I still think it was lame. And was that the game where the guy who got popped in the mouth earlier got to score the "winning" points, from the free throw line? Or am I confusing it with another game with a bad call?

Kristy
03-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Still have time to post your bracket, Kristy. They get locked down at Thursday, March 20th at 12:30pm ET

Screw that. College sports are rigged. The college that spent the most money on recruitment will win. Plus, in no way is CBS Sport ever going to let a shit team rule their prime time airwaves.

FORD
03-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Well.... you might have a point with that last part, considering I keep having to search for a bootleg TBS stream to watch Arizona....even though they have the best record of any team left in the tournament. :(

Even so, if the refs are rigging the game here, it's a little more subtle than, say Super Bowl XL or other NFL examples I could mention.

TFM_Dale
03-26-2014, 08:15 PM
Refs suck, the sport they referee really doesn't matter. They all want to take the spotlight off the actual game and put it on themselves. They are as bad as some of the biggest prima donna assholes in the NBA and NFL.

Von Halen
03-27-2014, 07:51 AM
Refs suck, the sport they referee really doesn't matter.

Both my boys ref hockey games, and I have always told them ALL REFS SUCK!!

TFM_Dale
03-27-2014, 08:00 AM
Both my boys ref hockey games, and I have always told them ALL REFS SUCK!!
The thing that drives me crazy in the NHL is they can't seem to decide how to call games. I actually prefer the older style of most anything goes unless the refs see something blatant but then they started calling any and all obstruction for awhile and now it changes game to game and it kind of ruins it. Sports need to be called the same, game to game for at least a season at a time or what is the fucking point?

Fairwrning
03-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Good run UVA..damn fine year

TFM_Dale
03-29-2014, 11:34 AM
Any team still playing has had a Hell of a year. Been some great games in this tournament. Go Blue!

FORD
03-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Well... the good news is that somebody finally stopped Dayton.

Bad news is.... it was Florida.

FORD
03-29-2014, 11:12 PM
Arizona was ROBBED. :mad:

FORD
03-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Well... at least one of my final 4 is still in it.

And Kentucky actually managed to win without any assistance from the pinstriped felons in the last minute of the game.... unlike some other teams.

High Life Man
03-30-2014, 11:48 PM

What game were you watching?

FORD
03-31-2014, 12:05 AM
The one where the refs made a bullshit "offensive foul" call against Arizona which took the ball away from them right before they were about to win the game. :(

I'm not going to riot in the streets over it, like some folks in Tucson apparently did.... but it still blows.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-31-2014, 10:25 AM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/277953/

PETE'S BROTHER
03-31-2014, 11:03 AM

bah :nono:

FORD
04-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Geezus, why is DICK Vitale not fucking dead and burning in Hell yet?

I cannot fucking stand that dumb son of a bitch, his "I have an IQ lower than my shoe size" voice, and for the love of Christ, don't even get me started on the mindless BAAAAAYYYYYYBEEEE horseshit.

It was bad enough when Marv Pervert was announcing the earlier games. I can barely tolerate him. But who the FUCK ever thought this moron was a good announcer?

FORD
04-05-2014, 08:23 PM
At least the most overrated fucking team in the country is losing. Guess I can take comfort in that. I'm gonna have to drink a lot more to get through another game of DICKbag announcing though :gulp: