PDA

View Full Version : Who would you go to an all out nuclear war with Russia to save?

Seshmeister
03-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Under article 5 of the NATO treaty we have guaranteed that an attack on the following countries is considered the same as an attack on London or NYC.

Czech Republic
Hungary
Poland
Bulgaria
Estonia
Latvia
Lithuania
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Albania
Croatia

Ukraine were halfway to joining until recently...

As NATO membership was pushed further and further east I don't think our politicians thought this through at all...

vandeleur
03-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Do any of these countries have oil ?

Nitro Express
03-10-2014, 09:12 PM
NATO's mission is overthrowing countries so oligarchs can fleece them. it has nothing to do with protecting Europe. All the politicians think of is how to get rich while serving in public office.

FORD
03-10-2014, 10:05 PM
The last time there was a serious threat of a nuclear war with Russia was 1962 and the whole Cuban Missile Crisis thing. Thank God there wasn't any member of the BCE in charge then.

Just imagine Chimp dealing with this Ukraine clusterfuck....... :headlights:

Seshmeister
03-10-2014, 11:11 PM
I think it was actually 1983.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Soviet_nuclear_false_alarm_incident

The people running things now were all kids then though so it's a bit worrying.

McCain is such a useless fucking twat with his hawk bullshit.

He needs to remember how the US reacted in the 1956 when the USSR invaded Hungary. President Eisenhower and VP Nixon did fuck all because that was the best way to play a poor hand.

Nitro Express
03-10-2014, 11:12 PM
Ah all you would have to do to cripple the US military is take the GPS system out. We can't even fire artillery anymore without GPS. Heck our soldiers can't even drive a manual transmission.

FORD
03-10-2014, 11:30 PM
I think it was actually 1983.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Soviet_nuclear_false_alarm_incident

The people running things now were all kids then though so it's a bit worrying.

McCain is such a useless fucking twat with his hawk bullshit.

He needs to remember how the US reacted in the 1956 when the USSR invaded Hungary. President Eisenhower and VP Nixon did fuck all because that was the best way to play a poor hand.

Yeah, I do remember hearing about these false alarm incidents but I was referring more to both sides seriously considering war, as opposed to the Soviets needing some new computers. At least these false alarms did inspire some pop music hits and movies though....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWjlCaIrQo

Nitro Express
03-10-2014, 11:34 PM
Ah the UFO's kept us from nuking each other. I heard it on Coast to Coast so it must be true.

FORD
03-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Ah the UFO's kept us from nuking each other. I heard it on Coast to Coast so it must be true.

Well.... Reagan did allude to such possibilities........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJt6KHIX0-Q

vandeleur
03-11-2014, 01:41 AM
I feel pretty conflicted no pun intended about the whole thing .
Yeah I get Russia are waving their dick about ( metaphorical one ) but most of the troops running around were always there . The people they are liberating regard themselves as "Russian ".
They are forcing through some cooked up referendum ... Boo hiss , hold one in a year then and still have 98% of Crimea wanting to be part of Russia .
At what point are we asking the Russians about the Chechen referendums and all the other states who
Don't wanna be Russian .

Am a little confused about the whole thing but I do see a lot of uk press getting all ..." Is this appeasement " about it and it's a little worrying that that's the tone they are taking .

Nitro Express
03-11-2014, 01:44 AM
Yeah but Reagan listened to astrologers too. The strange thing about Reagan is not even his own children seemed to know the man. It's like he was acting all the time.

Nitro Express
03-11-2014, 01:51 AM
I feel pretty conflicted no pun intended about the whole thing .
Yeah I get Russia are waving their dick about ( metaphorical one ) but most of the troops running around were always there . The people they are liberating regard themselves as "Russian ".
They are forcing through some cooked up referendum ... Boo hiss , hold one in a year then and still have 98% of Crimea wanting to be part of Russia .
At what point are we asking the Russians about the Chechen referendums and all the other states who
Don't wanna be Russian .

Am a little confused about the whole thing but I do see a lot of uk press getting all ..." Is this appeasement " about it and it's a little worrying that that's the tone they are taking .

It's a complicated situation. It seems like the original protests were genuine and then other factions stirred the pot. Apparently the same snipers opened up on both the police and protesters. Then you have the phone calls that prove the US and EU were meddling in things over there. What is clearly wrong is putting a puppet government in to fleece the Ukraine. The US and EU are totally out of line here and this constant robbing of countries is what NATO has degraded to.

Russia had a long-term lease and agreements with the legal Ukraine government and it has people and assets to protect. It may be overplaying it's card here but this never would have happened if the US and EU would hadn't done what they had done.

The problem is all the players are corrupt. Including the UN. There's nobody trustworthy to keep the peace until some fair elections can be held. It's the same old problem. CORRUPTION.

jacksmar
03-11-2014, 07:41 AM
The last time there was a serious threat of a nuclear war with Russia was 1962 and the whole Cuban Missile Crisis thing. Thank God there wasn't any member of the BCE in charge then.

Just imagine Chimp dealing with this Ukraine clusterfuck....... :headlights:

TARD, you may want to review your perceived facts.

http://rlv.zcache.com/obama_clown_postcard-rece5ec7bbc334635ab46d4a324a6f56e_vgbaq_8byvr_512. jpg#obama%20clown%20512x512

Nitro Express
03-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Russia wants to build an economic empire tied to the rising east. Russia wanted the crimea and got it. Germany is the economic backbone of the EU and never showed an interest in the Ukraine because there is nothing of value there. Russia would like to have the agricultural land. I think in the end the Ukraine will become tied to Russia. Russia can protect the Ukraine.

Russia holds all thee cards. The economic sanctions will be cheap compared to aquiring a country. Whatever the west refuses to buy China will make up for. Russia now holds enough US bonds they can just dump them and crash the US economy. Russia got their main prize. The crimea. Down the road the the Ukrainian military will probably just take over if the new government is business as usual and it will probably side with Russia because they will offer a more lucrative deal.

Then the focus will go back on Iran and Syria again.

The west is broke and rattles the saber at countries that are bond holders. How dumb is that? They will eventually sell their bonds off and there won't be any money to finance the big war machine. Most Americans live pay check to pay check. The wealth has been transferred. The big question is are the american people going to take their country back from the oligarchs who have stolen the wealth and are now in the process of making the country a police state? The enemy isn't Russia or China. The enemy is the people who steal our money and use it to buy up our government.

The Ukraine is nothing. It has no economic significance in the world.

Nickdfresh
03-11-2014, 11:12 PM

Ukraine were halfway to joining until recently...

I don't think that's true at all. They were seeking closer ties with the EU. I think NATO membership was and is nearly out of the question since they aren't qualified with a somewhat large, obsolete, and incapable military...

As NATO membership was pushed further and further east I don't think our politicians thought this through at all...

I do agree with that. But just because our politicians didn't think it through doesn't give Putty a blank check to be a total fucking asshole either...

Nickdfresh
03-11-2014, 11:15 PM
TARD, you may want to review your perceived facts.

http://rlv.zcache.com/obama_clown_postcard-rece5ec7bbc334635ab46d4a324a6f56e_vgbaq_8byvr_512. jpg#obama%20clown%20512x512

Hey fucktard, the adults are talking. Time to put on your Paul Stanley costume and stare lovingly at the children on the playground...

Nickdfresh
03-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Do any of these countries have oil ?

Romania does. Or they did at least, lots of it that Hitler used...

Nickdfresh
03-11-2014, 11:17 PM
NATO's mission is overthrowing countries so oligarchs can fleece them. it has nothing to do with protecting Europe. All the politicians think of is how to get rich while serving in public office.

Which country has "NATO overthrown?"

Nickdfresh
03-11-2014, 11:21 PM
And oh yeah, Russia has lots of oil and gas, which is the real reason Putin gets away with being a cocktard. Not nuclear weapons...

Nitro Express
03-12-2014, 01:31 AM
Which country has "NATO overthrown?"

Libya for one.

Nitro Express
03-12-2014, 01:37 AM
And oh yeah, Russia has lots of oil and gas, which is the real reason Putin gets away with being a cocktard. Not nuclear weapons...

Putin has positioned Russia quite nicely. You have the US and EU with a combined debt of $30 Trillion. He knows the action is going to be in the far east and not in Europe. He's using his oil money to develop infrastructure to take advantage of it. He has nukes to keep the ever desperate west at bay. He's laughing all the way to the bank and this Ukraine business will be forgotten soon enough.

jacksmar
03-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Hey fucktard, the adults are talking. Time to put on your Paul Stanley costume and stare lovingly at the children on the playground...

Nick denial is so completely predictable.

First let's add the pic back to the thread....
http://themellowjihadi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/obama_clown_poster-p228136200921597057qzz0_400-300x300.jpg

Next let's examine your acceptance of a flawed premise for discussion which makes you a typical leftist hemorrhoid that chomps at the wrist.

The premise you and others have accepted is the message that the Kenyan Houseboy sent to Iran which is:

Get your nukes and the rest of the world will back off.

Sorry to have to talk down to you nick denial. But it's the only way to communicate with someone of such affluent means.

Nickdfresh
03-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Libya for one.

Really? NATO engineered all that? A mass uprising against a total fucking cunt leader? Really?

Nickdfresh
03-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Putin has positioned Russia quite nicely. You have the US and EU with a combined debt of $30 Trillion. He knows the action is going to be in the far east and not in Europe. He's using his oil money to develop infrastructure to take advantage of it. He has nukes to keep the ever desperate west at bay. He's laughing all the way to the bank and this Ukraine business will be forgotten soon enough.

Actually, he's looking more and more like a fuckwit cunt and even the Chinese are beginning to think about bailing on him. Russia is a big tough guy around their weak neighbors, which is why they're so desperate to quash anything approaching NATO membership at this point. But their military is "moderately competent" at best and would come off badly against a real opponent...

Nickdfresh
03-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Nick denial is so completely predictable.

First let's add the pic back to the thread....
http://themellowjihadi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/obama_clown_poster-p228136200921597057qzz0_400-300x300.jpg

Next let's examine your acceptance of a flawed premise for discussion which makes you a typical leftist hemorrhoid that chomps at the wrist.

The premise you and others have accepted is the message that the Kenyan Houseboy sent to Iran which is:

Get your nukes and the rest of the world will back off.

Sorry to have to talk down to you nick denial. But it's the only way to communicate with someone of such affluent means.

Dude, do you cum to that pic or something?

jacksmar
03-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Dude, do you cum to that pic or something?

Naw, it just illustrates what happens when a Marxist theorist and Communist realist go head to head. The Kenyan Houseboy doesn’t care about Ukraine and he knows less than nothing about their history under Soviet rule and the horrors they faced during WWII.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww4/JdPat04/BrokeBankMt.jpg#obama%20fag

But I know all leftists can't quit this photo.

Dr. Love
03-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Ah all you would have to do to cripple the US military is take the GPS system out. We can't even fire artillery anymore without GPS. Heck our soldiers can't even drive a manual transmission.

I have a friend who is a captain in the US army. He was in the artillery for quite a while. They all know how to do the math by hand.

greentreee
03-15-2014, 04:18 PM
I have a friend who is a captain in the US army. He was in the artillery for quite a while. They all know how to do the math by hand.

Are they still using dial up?

Nickdfresh
03-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Are they still using dial up?

It's not that. They have all the GPS and tech shit one can imagine. But they still need to know how to do it the old fashioned way, just like we needed to know how to read a map with a compass. You never know when the Zombie Apocalypse might make charging batteries difficult...

greentreee
03-15-2014, 05:05 PM
It's not that. They have all the GPS and tech shit one can imagine. But they still need to know how to do it the old fashioned way, just like we needed to know how to read a map with a compass. You never know when the Zombie Apocalypse might make charging batteries difficult...

oh for sure, i guess. wtf is the zombie apocalypse? was that a sequel to zombie strippers? i'm not much of a movie guy, i was just making a shitty joke i guess. I mean if the military needs to get ol' school they better pick up a bow an arrrow and start guarding Indian Reservations, since that's where all the natural resources still are. Also, I got a couple of compasses, one is digital and the battery is dead, now i try to keep track of the sun to see my ass out of the bush.

Ultimately i feel bad for the Special Olympians who are probably not getting that much press right now. I'd go to war for the Special olympians OK? happy?

Seshmeister
03-15-2014, 07:47 PM

Exactly.

I'm not sure if this is still the case but when my pal was doing his navigation exams for merchant ships 20 years ago he had to pass a course in Morse code.

Plus if the automated systems are down, that may actually widen the gap between the well trained troops and the poor militia types.

Nickdfresh
03-15-2014, 08:48 PM
oh for sure, i guess. wtf is the zombie apocalypse? was that a sequel to zombie strippers? i'm not much of a movie guy, i was just making a shitty joke i guess. I mean if the military needs to get ol' school they better pick up a bow an arrrow and start guarding Indian Reservations, since that's where all the natural resources still are. Also, I got a couple of compasses, one is digital and the battery is dead, now i try to keep track of the sun to see my ass out of the bush.

Ultimately i feel bad for the Special Olympians who are probably not getting that much press right now. I'd go to war for the Special olympians OK? happy?

Zombie Apocalypse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_%28fictional%29#Zombie_apocalypse) :thumb:

Nitro Express
03-15-2014, 08:52 PM
You mean paraolympians. The special olympics are different games. There are also the gay olympics.

http://youtu.be/W0sVmsxdW4s

greentreee
03-16-2014, 12:26 AM
You mean paraolympians. The special olympics are different games. There are also the gay olympics.

yea my bad..i'll pass on the youtube, i'm on dial up.