PDA

View Full Version : Democrooks plan all-nighter to spotlight climate change

ELVIS
03-11-2014, 11:41 AM
WASHINGTON (http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politicsnow/la-pn-senate-climate-change-20140310,0,5951075.story#axzz2vcRe5t6p) -- You could look at it as a filibuster without the bill.

After the last round of votes concludes Monday night, 28 senators plan to talk the night away in series of speeches delivered on the chamber floor, focused on climate change.

Although some call it a political stunt, the senators insist the event -- organized by the Climate Action Task Force -- will raise public awareness about global warming and how to stem it.

"So many senators coming together for an all-night session shows our commitment to wake up Congress to the dangers of climate change,” Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), one of the founders of the task force, said in a statement.

Twenty-six Democrats and two independents are to participate.

“Climate change is real, it is caused by humans, and it is solvable,” said Sen. Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii). “Congress must act.” He and Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), the two organizers of the event, plan to give their colleagues a nap break from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. when they dominate the floor.

A spokeswoman for Schatz, Meaghan Smith, said the task force does not plan to use the event to announce any new bills or concrete measures. “We’ll see” about introducing legislation this session, she said. “This isn’t a litmus test or anything.… This is really meant to galvanize momentum.”

Several top Democratic senators from coal-mining and oil-producing states who are facing competitive midterm races are conspicuously absent from the roster, including Sens. Kay Hagan of North Carolina, Mark Begich of Alaska and Mark Pryor of Arkansas.

Also absent will be Sen. Mary L. Landrieu (D-La.), who was appointed head of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources this year amid complaints from environmentalists within the Democratic Party.

The all-nighter will begin after the last votes are cast around 6 p.m. and will open with remarks from four Senate Democratic leaders: Harry Reid (D-Nev.), Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.), Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Patty Murray (D-Wash.). The senators will take turns speaking until 9 or 10 a.m. Tuesday.

There has been little talk of legislation to tackle climate change in Congress since 2010, when a bill to reduce carbon emissions died in the Senate.

But as they rev up for the midterm elections, Democrats are heeding the call of California billionaire Tom Steyer, who has pledged $100 million to back candidates with a program to curb climate change.

The campaign is intended to counter the Koch brothers, billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch, who are behind some of influential political committees that have opposed legislation to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

:elvis:

twonabomber
03-11-2014, 12:25 PM
All that hot air can't be good for the environment!

ELVIS
03-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Apparently their hot air isn't hot enough to keep the Antarctic sea ice from being the largest ever on record...

WACF
03-11-2014, 04:50 PM
I am sure if someone pointed out there was a time in the Earth's history when there were no ice caps most if not all would look on with disbelief...

Nitro Express
03-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Oh they have changed it from global warming to climate change. Man has little effect on climate actually. The sun and volcanic eruptions have more effect. Never let a crisis go to waste. Use the educational system and the media to sell fear. It's not about controlling the climate, it's about controlling people.

Seshmeister
03-11-2014, 05:42 PM
http://www.skepticalscience.com/pics/volcanicco2smaller.jpg

Nitro Express
03-11-2014, 06:00 PM
http://oceanworld.tamu.edu/resources/oceanography-book/carboncycle.htm

Let's get rid of the oceans. They produce way more carbon dioxide than we do. I mean this fear mongering is getting old.

Hardrock69
03-11-2014, 07:39 PM
If this is the worst the Democrats are gonna do, then I would say the world will survive it....

Nickdfresh
03-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Apparently their hot air isn't hot enough to keep the Antarctic sea ice from being the largest ever on record...

Well, idiots like you spew plenty of it. But how many times has it been mentioned that the "Antarctic sea ice" is only surface ice that will melt soon - melt back down to the lowest ebb in human history. Suffice to say, it's not the same fucking ice that was there decades ago. But keep on battling actual science for the oil and gas industry and pretend you're a rebel for making fun of "Democrooks" you badass! You go, you fucking whore. They should put you out on the street, but Alex Jonestown and your Colloid-snake oil salesman might get mad!..

Warham
03-12-2014, 08:27 AM
This has been the coldest winter I can remember in fifteen years. I say bring on the tropical temperatures! :D

jacksmar
03-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Well, idiots like you spew plenty of it. But how many times has it been mentioned that the "Antarctic sea ice" is only surface ice that will melt soon - melt back down to the lowest ebb in human history. Suffice to say, it's not the same fucking ice that was there decades ago. But keep on battling actual science for the oil and gas industry and pretend you're a rebel for making fun of "Democrooks" you badass! You go, you fucking whore. They should put you out on the street, but Alex Jonestown and your Colloid-snake oil salesman might get mad!..

Use up "The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight" wisely in your affluent Buffalo suburb.

Al Gore to all the dumb cocksuckers that voted for him: Just suck around the pimple.

Many experts agree.

Nickdfresh
03-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Use up "The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight" wisely in your affluent Buffalo suburb.

Al Gore to all the dumb cocksuckers that voted for him: Just suck around the pimple.

Many experts agree.

Right on buddy! Maybe you can get laid in that sunny paradise you call Florida? LOL No, I'm just kidding! :D I didn't mean to get your hopes up!

Nickdfresh
03-12-2014, 03:56 PM
This has been the coldest winter I can remember in fifteen years. I say bring on the tropical temperatures! :D

About 30 here, actually I think. '77 was worse. But I don't remember much about that other than climbing on peoples' roofs from snow banks...

I like snow, I love the four seasons. But this is fucking ridiculous...

Kristy
03-12-2014, 04:01 PM
More shit from the Alex Jone$ basement of "paranoid without evidence of facts" that Smellvis gravitates to in order to feel more intelligent about himself and the outside world of his trailer park heaven.

Jesus Christ
03-12-2014, 04:21 PM
There are no trailer parks in Heaven :jesuslol:

Kristy
03-13-2014, 09:24 AM
You elitist prick. Heaven is full of white trash.

Angel
03-13-2014, 10:29 AM

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/experts-quiet-climate-change-skeptics-warming-leads-to-longer-cold-snaps-1.1727176

ELVIS
03-13-2014, 01:01 PM
You elitist prick. Heaven is full of white trash.

How'd they get there ??

Satan
03-13-2014, 01:24 PM
I'd like to know the answer to that question myself, actually. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Kristy
03-13-2014, 02:13 PM
So...is there a discussion on the god damn missing plane or what?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LmcfbBUx7c0/UYhRzYinRZI/AAAAAAAADIw/2er1MDI8mz0/s1600/$T2eC16FHJHwE9n8igtmYBQPGiOc3C!~~60_35.JPG

FORD
03-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Not much there to discuss. It's missing. Pretty much all there is....

So back on topic.... apparently there was a brief power outage in Washington DC after this Senate non-filibuster. Pat Robertson is convinced that it was God, deciding that He wanted to play a little divine joke on them.......

Pat thinks God is on the side of the climate change deniers, but Revelation 11:18 would suggest otherwise.....

And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Kristy
03-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Really? Just like that? What if global warming caused a 900,000 pound plane to disappear? Then what!?

I swear you are turning into the anti-Smellvis in that you only discuss shit that your liberal gods like the The Young Jerks, Creepy College Professor Guy and that angry old fart with the fuck-ugly lesbian wife talk about.

FORD
03-13-2014, 02:42 PM
If you want to start a thread on the missing plane, go for it. I'm sure Alex Jones and David Ickes have some interesting theories on what happened.

Me? I haven't really given it much thought. Probably was simply a tragic case of a plane made by scab labor in some shitback red state having mechanical failure.

Kristy
03-13-2014, 03:11 PM
I just just inquiring. I'll wait for one of your pseudo-intellectual liberal whackadoos with their abysmal radio shows that promote Chinese made crap (just like Jone$) to inform you on what to say on the subject. Quit being such a nitcomb and think for yourself for a change.

vandeleur
03-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Telling someone to think for themselves.......... Cool :D

Kristy
03-13-2014, 04:33 PM
God damn right, cool.

FORD
03-13-2014, 05:00 PM
I just just inquiring. I'll wait for one of your pseudo-intellectual liberal whackadoos with their abysmal radio shows that promote Chinese made crap (just like Jone$) to inform you on what to say on the subject. Quit being such a nitcomb and think for yourself for a change.

Who died and made you George Harrison?

I always think for myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yvNXtPZ0G4

Zing!
03-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Telling someone to think for themselves.......... Cool :D

Thanks for the laugh vandy. Was wondering who would catch that.

ELVIS
03-13-2014, 06:41 PM
vandy ??

vandeleur
03-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Vandy... Think Donniep started that .
Considering some of the names thrown about on here I would say I got away lightly :D