PDA

View Full Version : Keith Richards Is Writing A Children's Book

Satan
03-14-2014, 12:33 AM
Keith Richards Is Writing A Children’s Book

Sam Frizell
Time.com
March 11, 2014

The Rolling Stones guitarist has a deal to write a picture story called "Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar" that will be published this fall. The book will include illustrations by Richards' daughter Theodora

http://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/gusandme_lores.jpg?w=814
Cover art for the forthcoming picture book, Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad & My First Guitar by Keith Richards, with illustrations by Theodora Richards Business Wire—Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Keith Richards can’t get no satisfaction just from being one of the greatest rock stars in history.

Now, he’s writing a children’s book. Little Brown Books for Young Readers announced Tuesday that the Rolling Stone guitarist has a deal to write a picture story called “Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar.”

Keith Richards was introduced to music through his grandfather Theodore Augustus “Gus” Dupree, who was in a jazz big band. Richards’ book will be about his relationship with his early muse. The notoriously hard-living guitarist has five grandchildren of his own.

“I have just become a grandfather for the fifth time, so I know what I’m talking about,” says Keith Richards. “The bond, the special bond, between kids and grandparents is unique and should be treasured. This is a story of one of those magical moments. May I be as great a grandfather as Gus was to me.”

The book will come out this fall and include illustrations by Richards’ daughter, Theodora Richards.

Nitro Express
03-14-2014, 02:36 PM
Is he going to share his bangers and mash recipe and talk about how to safely cut pure heroin so it won't kill you in this book?

Green Manalishi
03-20-2014, 02:46 PM
...and always remember , don't screw with his Sheppards Pie , you might get a Keef boot to the balls .

Zing!
03-20-2014, 04:29 PM
He should have named it: "Who Stole My Fucking Onions?!"

Nitro Express
03-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Or. I want bangers! Not no fucking Jimmy Dean shit.