PDA

View Full Version : The Steve Lukather Appreciation Thread

jacksmar
03-14-2014, 10:54 AM
This guy has played for everyone. One solo that really stands out is “Breakdown Dead Ahead”. It’s got a real loose “freeway jam” feel to it.

Obviously he has played on so many but seeing him and Frampton on the CBS Beatles special just brought back how many he has recorded with.

BOSS effects and processing has a BOSS TONE STUDIO featuring patches for sounds he likes and Digitech made a unit a few years back the had a Steve Lukather setting that was excellent.

Steve has played with some major players and they all love the guy.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1mgo62PHP1qeh2m0o1_1280.jpg

ThrillsNSpills
03-14-2014, 12:46 PM
I like what he plays with Eddie on this:

reminding of the old Jeff Beck fusion discs from the 70's.
As for Lukather, I haven't heard much other stuff from him, but always thought he was good from the aggressive nature of his solos on the singles.

Nigel
04-02-2014, 02:45 PM
As for Lukather, I haven't heard much other stuff from him, but always thought he was good from the aggressive nature of his solos on the singles.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely love this guy's playing (solo or with TOTO or jamming with any of his buddy session guys).

I'm trying to upload a file but no luck. See if you can access the following songs from his latest Solo effort called "Transition".

Great songs: Judgement Day, Creep Motel, Transition for his playing and then he has recorded many solo albums: Alls Well That Ends Well, etc. Just google him
and explore a world of beautiful melodic, well written and well played SL "gems"

Cheers

Nigel