PDA

View Full Version : Dictionary News

Seshmeister
03-15-2014, 10:00 AM
http://jezebel.com/cunty-cuntish-cunted-and-cunting-added-to-oxford-engl-1543768870

Cunty, Cuntish, Cunted and Cunting Added to Oxford English Dictionary

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/dptjtynrriqoieiqcgqm.jpg

Four different forms of the word 'cunt' have been added to the Oxford English Dictionary, and they're all spectacular.

This week, the OED opened its doors (which look like enormous old timey cartoon books from the forgotten animated classic The Pagemaster) to nine hundred new entries and subentries, all of which which are helpfully listed on the linguistic giant's public website. They're not all new and they're definitely not all common, but the OED's job isn't to just catalog the common. As Time explains,

That might sound like a lot, but one has to keep in mind that the dictionary covers everything, not just words average people use in daily conversation. Among the new entries, for example, are drool-inducing adjectives like ethnopharmacologic and now-extinct creatures like the scimitar-horned oryx. (We'll pour one out for you, Ory.)

As with other "hey check out these new words!"/"those crazy kids with their iPods and their slangs!" lists, this one contains several items that make ya go "hm." Like beatboxer, bestie, chugging (can butt-chugging be far behind?), death spiral, do-over, exfoliator, sciency, and whackadoodle, along with other complicated-sounding latin root hybrids that probably mean exactly the thing some frustrated academic somewhere has wanted to say for years.

But the crown jewels in the new additions (and the words I'm most likely to use in my day-to-day life) are the Four Cunts — cunty, cuntish, cunted, and cunting. "Cunty" is a word with which uses a naughty word to mean "highly objectionable or unpleasant." "Cuntish" is a word that can be used to describe an "objectionable person or behavior." "Cunted" is slang for being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. And "cunting," like its cousins "fucking" or "motherfucking" is an intensifier that means "very much."

I'm cunting delighted.

ZahZoo
03-15-2014, 10:18 AM
I cunt understand what took em so long...

twonabomber
03-15-2014, 12:31 PM
We were cunting before cunting was cool!

fraroc
03-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Do you know what she did? Your cunting daughter?

Nickdfresh
03-15-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm cunted...