PDA

View Full Version : A Startlingly Simple Theory About the Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet

FORD
03-18-2014, 09:57 PM
By Chris Goodfellow
Wired.com (http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/)
6:30 AM

There has been a lot of speculation about Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. Terrorism, hijacking, meteors. I cannot believe the analysis on CNN; it’s almost disturbing. I tend to look for a simpler explanation, and I find it with the 13,000-foot runway at Pulau Langkawi.

We know the story of MH370: A loaded Boeing 777 departs at midnight from Kuala Lampur, headed to Beijing. A hot night. A heavy aircraft. About an hour out, across the gulf toward Vietnam, the plane goes dark, meaning the transponder and secondary radar tracking go off. Two days later we hear reports that Malaysian military radar (which is a primary radar, meaning the plane is tracked by reflection rather than by transponder interrogation response) has tracked the plane on a southwesterly course back across the Malay Peninsula into the Strait of Malacca.

The left turn is the key here. Zaharie Ahmad Shah1 was a very experienced senior captain with 18,000 hours of flight time. We old pilots were drilled to know what is the closest airport of safe harbor while in cruise. Airports behind us, airports abeam us, and airports ahead of us. They’re always in our head. Always. If something happens, you don’t want to be thinking about what are you going to do–you already know what you are going to do. When I saw that left turn with a direct heading, I instinctively knew he was heading for an airport. He was taking a direct route to Palau Langkawi, a 13,000-foot airstrip with an approach over water and no obstacles. The captain did not turn back to Kuala Lampur because he knew he had 8,000-foot ridges to cross. He knew the terrain was friendlier toward Langkawi, which also was closer.

Take a look at this airport on Google Earth. The pilot did all the right things. He was confronted by some major event onboard that made him make an immediate turn to the closest, safest airport.

When I heard this I immediately brought up Google Earth and searched for airports in proximity to the track toward the southwest.

For me, the loss of transponders and communications makes perfect sense in a fire. And there most likely was an electrical fire. In the case of a fire, the first response is to pull the main busses and restore circuits one by one until you have isolated the bad one. If they pulled the busses, the plane would go silent. It probably was a serious event and the flight crew was occupied with controlling the plane and trying to fight the fire. Aviate, navigate, and lastly, communicate is the mantra in such situations.

There are two types of fires. An electrical fire might not be as fast and furious, and there may or may not be incapacitating smoke. However there is the possibility, given the timeline, that there was an overheat on one of the front landing gear tires, it blew on takeoff and started slowly burning. Yes, this happens with underinflated tires. Remember: Heavy plane, hot night, sea level, long-run takeoff. There was a well known accident in Nigeria of a DC8 that had a landing gear fire on takeoff. Once going, a tire fire would produce horrific, incapacitating smoke. Yes, pilots have access to oxygen masks, but this is a no-no with fire. Most have access to a smoke hood with a filter, but this will last only a few minutes depending on the smoke level. (I used to carry one in my flight bag, and I still carry one in my briefcase when I fly.)

What I think happened is the flight crew was overcome by smoke and the plane continued on the heading, probably on George (autopilot), until it ran out of fuel or the fire destroyed the control surfaces and it crashed. You will find it along that route–looking elsewhere is pointless.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/2014/03/lang-660.jpg

Ongoing speculation of a hijacking and/or murder-suicide and that there was a flight engineer on board does not sway me in favor of foul play until I am presented with evidence of foul play.

We know there was a last voice transmission that, from a pilot’s point of view, was entirely normal. “Good night” is customary on a hand-off to a new air traffic control. The “good night” also strongly indicates to me that all was OK on the flight deck. Remember, there are many ways a pilot can communicate distress. A hijack code or even transponder code off by one digit would alert ATC that something was wrong. Every good pilot knows keying an SOS over the mike always is an option. Even three short clicks would raise an alert. So I conclude that at the point of voice transmission all was perceived as well on the flight deck by the pilots.

But things could have been in the process of going wrong, unknown to the pilots.

Evidently the ACARS went inoperative some time before. Disabling the ACARS is not easy, as pointed out. This leads me to believe more in an electrical problem or an electrical fire than a manual shutdown. I suggest the pilots probably were not aware ACARS was not transmitting.

As for the reports of altitude fluctuations, given that this was not transponder-generated data but primary radar at maybe 200 miles, the azimuth readings can be affected by a lot of atmospherics and I would not have high confidence in this being totally reliable. But let’s accept for a minute that the pilot may have ascended to 45,000 feet in a last-ditch effort to quell a fire by seeking the lowest level of oxygen. That is an acceptable scenario. At 45,000 feet, it would be tough to keep this aircraft stable, as the flight envelope is very narrow and loss of control in a stall is entirely possible. The aircraft is at the top of its operational ceiling. The reported rapid rates of descent could have been generated by a stall, followed by a recovery at 25,000 feet. The pilot may even have been diving to extinguish flames.

But going to 45,000 feet in a hijack scenario doesn’t make any good sense to me.

Regarding the additional flying time: On departing Kuala Lampur, Flight 370 would have had fuel for Beijing and an alternate destination, probably Shanghai, plus 45 minutes–say, 8 hours. Maybe more. He burned 20-25 percent in the first hour with takeoff and the climb to cruise. So when the turn was made toward Langkawi, he would have had six hours or more hours worth of fuel. This correlates nicely with the Inmarsat data pings being received until fuel exhaustion.

The now known continued flight until time to fuel exhaustion only confirms to me that the crew was incapacitated and the flight continued on deep into the south Indian ocean.

There is no point speculating further until more evidence surfaces, but in the meantime it serves no purpose to malign pilots who well may have been in a struggle to save this aircraft from a fire or other serious mechanical issue. Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah was a hero struggling with an impossible situation trying to get that plane to Langkawi. There is no doubt in my mind. That’s the reason for the turn and direct route. A hijacking would not have made that deliberate left turn with a direct heading for Langkawi. It probably would have weaved around a bit until the hijackers decided where they were taking it.

Surprisingly, none of the reporters, officials, or other pilots interviewed have looked at this from the pilot’s viewpoint: If something went wrong, where would he go? Thanks to Google Earth I spotted Langkawi in about 30 seconds, zoomed in and saw how long the runway was and I just instinctively knew this pilot knew this airport. He had probably flown there many times.

Fire in an aircraft demands one thing: Get the machine on the ground as soon as possible. There are two well-remembered experiences in my memory. The AirCanada DC9 which landed, I believe, in Columbus, Ohio in the 1980s. That pilot delayed descent and bypassed several airports. He didn’t instinctively know the closest airports. He got it on the ground eventually, but lost 30-odd souls. The 1998 crash of Swissair DC-10 off Nova Scotia was another example of heroic pilots. They were 15 minutes out of Halifax but the fire overcame them and they had to ditch in the ocean. They simply ran out of time. That fire incidentally started when the aircraft was about an hour out of Kennedy. Guess what? The transponders and communications were shut off as they pulled the busses.

Get on Google Earth and type in Pulau Langkawi and then look at it in relation to the radar track heading. Two plus two equals four. For me, that is the simple explanation why it turned and headed in that direction. Smart pilot. He just didn’t have the time.

Chris Goodfellow has 20 years experience as a Canadian Class-1 instrumented-rated pilot for multi-engine planes. His theory on what happened to MH370 first appeared on Google+. We’ve copyedited it with his permission.

TFM_Dale
03-18-2014, 11:00 PM
It was the Bermuda triangle! :bigwink:

FORD
03-18-2014, 11:37 PM
When did that move to the Indian Ocean?

Kristy
03-18-2014, 11:39 PM
Fire my fucking ass. That motherfucker was hijacked taken to an undisclosed location in Iran (I'm saying somewhere near Saravan close to the Pakistan border - but you didn't hear that from me). It is currently being dismantled, to lighten the load to hold six to eight nuclear warheads and "retro-fitted" for no other reason other than to look cool. Then it will be flown to Azerbaijan awaiting further instruction radiated more than half of west Europe or maintain its flight across the Atlantic to nuke New York, Detroit (thank fuck), Denver (to finally get rid of Peyton Manning) and then (thank fuck again) Texas. It won't be shot down due to er...um....Obamacare. Yeah, Obamacare.

This plane is going to be the white horse of the apocalypse.

Mysteriously Ted Cruz won't be in Texas during the nuking so I really don't see the need to go to all this trouble.

Kristy
03-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Always wanted to do a Smellvis-like post (but not really).

TFM_Dale
03-18-2014, 11:42 PM
When did that move to the Indian Ocean?

I was kidding, I did read an article suggesting that though lol, I'll see if I can find it.

FORD
03-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Fire my fucking ass. That motherfucker was hijacked taken to an undisclosed location in Iran (I'm saying somewhere near Saravan close to the Pakistan border - but you didn't hear that from me). It is currently being dismantled, to lighten the load to hold six to eight nuclear warheads and "retro-fitted" for no other reason other than to look cool. Then it will be flown to Azerbaijan awaiting further instruction radiated more than half of west Europe or maintain its flight across the Atlantic to nuke New York, Detroit (thank fuck), Denver (to finally get rid of Peyton Manning) and then (thank fuck again) Texas. It won't be shot down due to er...um....Obamacare. Yeah, Obamacare.

Mysteriously Ted Cruz won't be in Texas during the nuking so I really don't see the need to go to all this trouble.

That was actually a very Jones-like theory. I think you may have been watching too many of his videos :biggrin:

TFM_Dale
03-18-2014, 11:47 PM
All I can find is articles talking about the hoax being posted, I know it gave me a good laugh this morning.

FORD
03-18-2014, 11:48 PM
I was kidding, I did read an article suggesting that though lol, I'll see if I can find it.

Well.. some people believe that aliens are behind the Bermuda Triangle, so you should vote for the David Icke Alien Lizard theory.

Hell.... they're aliens. Who's to say they haven't franchised the Bermuda Triangle to other oceans? :alien:

Kristy
03-18-2014, 11:48 PM
Through my bitchin' Western Digital Live Hub I was "streaming" his deplorable show via 'Tune In' early this morning where he was interviewing some crackpot who claims there will be a "global economic collapse" in six months. Or two to three years. You know, just in case it doesn't happen in six months.

TFM_Dale
03-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Always wanted to do a Smellvis-like post (but not really).

You need to sprinkle in WAY more paranoia, terrific start though!

TFM_Dale
03-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Well.. some people believe that aliens are behind the Bermuda Triangle, so you should vote for the David Icke Alien Lizard theory.

Hell.... they're aliens. Who's to say they haven't franchised the Bermuda Triangle to other oceans? :alien:

It is all a big trailer for a Lost reunion movie.

Kristy
03-18-2014, 11:52 PM
By the way, http://tunein.com/ is pretty friggin' cool if you have a streamer. They even have Creepy College Professor Guy there - a commercial free podcast.

Kristy
03-18-2014, 11:54 PM
You need to sprinkle in WAY more paranoia, terrific start though!

That is exactly what a liberal/Obama/sheeple/shill/flouridedrinker/elitist/globalist would say!

FORD
03-18-2014, 11:55 PM
Through my bitchin' Western Digital Live Hub I was "streaming" his deplorable show via 'Tune In' early this morning where he was interviewing some crackpot who claims there will be a "global economic collapse" in six months. Or two to three years. You know, just in case it doesn't happen in six months.

He may not be entirely wrong there. Thom Hartmann was talking about some similar stuff today, and it did not sound good :(

I'll post that clip if he puts it online, but I'd like to keep this thread on the missing plane.

(You are the one who asked for this thread, after all....)

FORD
03-19-2014, 12:00 AM
By the way, http://tunein.com/ is pretty friggin' cool if you have a streamer. They even have Creepy College Professor Guy there - a commercial free podcast.

Hence that "Progressive Voices" link that's been in my signature for months now. Best channel on Tune In, by far.... even if they keep fucking up the time cues on Malloy's show. :doh:

BTW, I almost bought one of those WD Live Hubs..... until I realized I could get another box around the same size, build open source XBMC on it, and have all the same content plus much more.

Kristy
03-19-2014, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I did but I'm over it now. The plane was simply hijacked. One great theory is that there were certain high-ranking computer chip technocrats on board. As for the whereabouts, either Iran or Pakistan where it can be easily hid never to be found again like a body in the New Mexico desert - not that I would know anything about that.

Kristy
03-19-2014, 12:10 AM
BTW, I almost bought one of those WD Live Hubs..... until I realized I could get another box around the same size, build open source XBMC on it, and have all the same content plus much more.

I bought the one with the 2TB drive (which is useless considering you can network drive through a 4TB Cloud Drive).
http://media.engadget.com/img/product/27/le4/wd-tv-live-hub-2gjm-800.jpg

It's a great little unit considering all the shit it can do (it can do even better if the asss monkeys at WD ever get around to some more firmware updates). The streaming aspect is quite unique. Tune In way way better than Shoutcast although Shoutcast does stream in higher bit rates.

It's also great if you smoke a LOT of dope! I usually stream a lot of "IDM Electro" and engage in intense BDSM sessions with strangers when my religious roommates from Denver Seminary are still at the god damn library

Kristy
03-19-2014, 12:13 AM
Hence that "Progressive Voices" link that's been in my signature for months now.

Democracy Now!
Counterspin (have yet to listen to)
Young Turks
Ed Schultz (fuck him)
Stephanie Miller
Ron Verb (whomever that is)
Thom Hartman
Freethought Radio
Mike Malloy
Nicole Sandler

FORD
03-19-2014, 12:18 AM
Haven't heard any conspiracies about who was on the plane, but I did hear one about the cargo....

Apparently, there's a limit to how many lithium ion batteries can be carried in a cargo hold, because there's somehow a fire hazard risk if there are too many in one place. I'm not sure what the reasoning is there. Must be something more than mere volume of batteries, considering they're obviously stored in warehouses, shipped by trucks or whatever in large quantities. Possibly the air pressure and/or temperature changes involved in flight?

This would fit the above article's theory of a fire on board the plane being the reason the pilot went off course, but if the fire started with batteries, it wouldn't make much of a difference to shut off all the circuits on the plane, as they weren't connected to the burning batteries.

Nitro Express
03-19-2014, 01:19 AM
How could I miss it. The rapture has happened! Everyone on that plane was worthy. The rest of us are sinners and will have to suffer through the tribulation. Damn!

Nitro Express
03-19-2014, 01:24 AM

I think you need to drink mass doses of Tennent's to see the reptiles.

http://youtu.be/iphH5LzXjpo

Right. I have a buzz on! Let's hijack a plane son.

FORD
03-19-2014, 01:44 AM
I never heard of Tennents, so of course I had to look it up. A 9% lager? Might have to hunt down some of that...... :gulp:

Nitro Express
03-19-2014, 01:54 AM
I never heard of Tennents, so of course I had to look it up. A 9% lager? Might have to hunt down some of that...... :gulp:

Careful. You will turn into a dumpster digging hobo if you enjoy it too much.

FORD
03-19-2014, 01:56 AM
Nah... it's a Scottish beer. Worse thing that could happen is I start wearing skirts. :gulp:

Nitro Express
03-19-2014, 03:22 AM
It's Scottish malt liquor in blue cans. You can pour one on a ho's ass while wearing your kilt. Then have her blow your bag pipe.

Kristy
03-19-2014, 10:21 AM
More "conspiracy" from the whacked Jew

Nitro Express
03-19-2014, 02:16 PM
http://voiceofrussia.com/us/2014_03_18/Stealth-Technology-Seizure-Behind-MH370-Disappearance-5715/

I like the theory where the uninteruptable Boeing autopilot was taken over by Serco and the flight was remotely flown and landed at a secret air base. This was done so Jacob Rothschild could steal the patent for a new "stealth" chip technology from some Chinese engineers who were on the flight.

Capt. McConnell cites industrial espionage for a cutting edge military technology as the reason behind the airliner’s disappearance. “There were 20 Chinese software engineers in the aircraft, riding as passengers, and they were working for Freescale Technology in Austin, Texas, and they had the intellectual property of an open patent. In other word[s], a patent had been applied for, but yet --- not yet granted. And the ownership of that patent was 20%, 20%, 20%, 20% and 20% for the U.S. Corporation named Freescale. And until that patent is granted, there is no ownership,” McConnell said.

“The technology they were working on was a way to make stealthy a non-stealth aircraft. In other words, they could take an aircraft that does not have a stealth capability” and make it stealth, McConnell said.
Read more: http://voiceofrussia.com/us/2014_03_18/Stealth-Technology-Seizure-Behind-MH370-Disappearance-5715/

Va Beach VH Fan
03-19-2014, 02:59 PM
They had several eyewitness reports from the Maldives about a low-flying aircraft, but of course Malaysia said they were untrue.

Then people were speculating that it landed at the base in Diego Garcia. That one cracked me up. I've had several friends stationed there.

Nitro Express
03-19-2014, 03:05 PM
A good friend of mine was stationed at Diego Garcia. He said the place was like a tropical paradise. If they haven't found that plane by now they are never going to find it. Without any electronic tracking there's too much damn area to cover. We have gotten too confident in our technology. We think it's infallible. Sometimes technology fails and there are no answers but we have a hard time accepting the technology failed. It had to be something else. No way could the technology fail. It's 2014 for christ sakes!

Kristy
03-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Then people were speculating that it landed at the base in Diego Garcia. That one cracked me up. I've had several friends stationed there.

I'm changing my tune. I say now this 777 Boeing piece of shit has parked its behemoth ass somewhere in the Anambas Islands. Just a hunch.

Nitro Express
03-19-2014, 06:09 PM

I didn't know you listened to The Blaze Kristy. I smell Glenn Beck in your post. I bet he cried and told the audience to buy more Glenn Beck sponsored survival food.

Kristy
03-19-2014, 06:42 PM
It's scripted paranoia. The best kind there is. Only diffy being I haven't found a way to pull the wool over people's eyes with it like Beck does and laugh my ass off all the way to the bank.

Nitro Express
03-19-2014, 07:42 PM
The thing is Alex Jones and Glenn Beck are good at what they do. There is an art to selling crazy. Not everyone can do it well.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-20-2014, 08:56 AM
So looking like about 1500 miles of the coast of Perth, huh?

My money's on suicide mission, with the intention of burying the plane in the deepest water in the Indian Ocean, which is where that debris is located....

Man, I had some great times in Perth.... Gotta love Australian women.... :erection:

Never was
03-20-2014, 10:27 AM
The fire and zombie plane theory would explain the turn but not the 45,000 foot climb or the programming of the course into the nav before hand off. If there was time to program then there is time to radio distress. Hypoxia at 45,000 feet definitely would have occurred to anyone not wearing oxygen but the only way to land in water without tripping the ELTs (they go off when salt water floods) would be a soft landing in calm waters which is not possible if the plane ran out fuel and no one was in control due to hypoxia.
The problem is all theories have huge holes in them. For example the terrorist theory to re-use as a missile. Why use a plane with digital equipment the entire world is looking for, you could buy an old 737 for about a million bucks that has older analog equipment, no one would be looking for it, and if a missile you really only need it to fly once. If suicide by the pilot why was he practicing landing on his simulator?

My bet is the sucker has landed somewhere in Coco, China, pilot error crashed it on an island somewhere in the south, or suicide by pilot which is an irrational act hence holes in the logic. I would be stunned if it is in the water anywhere. That would be betting on something happening that never has before but there's a first for everything.

Never was
03-20-2014, 11:52 AM
It is a challenge for many trying to apply western standards to that part of the world. It seems crazy to have gone the northern loop without detection but standards are different. For example in most areas Indian military radar is a by demand system. Simply put it is not maintained unless they are looking. They had no reason to look until well after. That doesn't mean it went that way but some of the holes in the assorted possibilities are due to these differences in capabilities and in countries admitting the holes which many can not for security reasons.

Either way hopefully there will be some certainty for families but I am thinking it may not come for years.

Kristy
03-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Gotta love Australian women.... :erection:

Never been served that many restraining orders before?

Kristy
03-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Didn't take long for these idiots to surface:

VHscraps
03-20-2014, 12:28 PM
It's Scottish malt liquor in blue cans.

That description makes it sound much more exotic than I had ever imagined it!

Speaking as an ex-pat Scot, I can say that I have never once felt pangs of longing for a can of Tennents' Super Lager - although I was surprised to note that the Beer Advocate website rated regular Tennents Lager, which is to be found on tap in thousands of Scottish boozers, as high as some of the European lagers like Staropramen, Stella Artois, etc. (not that they are any good, just a slightly better quality of swill in my opinion).

Tennents Super was the drink of choice for the most derelict of inebriates who could be found day or night propped against the sides of buildings in the dodgiest parts of Scottish urban centres!! And probably the choice drink of Neds, or anyone in fact who wants to get a buzz on quick style. I can smell the chemicals just thinking about it ...

The UK government, and probably even more so the Scottish government (which is a tad more nannying), have raised manufacturer tax on beers over 5% ABV. As a result, most of the popular brews have dropped the ABV to less than 5%. To protect ... the children ... or our health ... or something.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Never been served that many restraining orders before?

It was honestly the other way around when we came in with the Fleet....

Those Aussie girls were really aggressive, in a good way...

Never was
03-20-2014, 01:31 PM
I have a good friend who is Aussie and her favorite expression is lick me where I pee, so I can see that VA.

Nickdfresh
03-20-2014, 04:40 PM
http://doodiepants.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Ancient-Aliens-Meme-Hair-Guy-013.jpg
Oh course!

Kristy
03-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Those Aussie girls were really aggressive, in a good way...

Somehow I believe you.
http://www.rubyvelour.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Aust-Day-2012-BOGAN.jpg

Kristy
03-20-2014, 05:59 PM
And now this shit was only a matter of time:
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/anne-graham-lotz-missing-airplane-just-small-snapshot-what-world-will-experience-following-r

"Lotz, the daughter of Billy Graham and sister of Franklin Graham, wrote on her blog that the mystery and confusion over what happened to the plane is just a "small snapshot" of what the world will experience in the wake of The Rapture when millions of Christians instantaneously disappear:

Where have all the people gone?The pictures of grieving friends and family members of those who are missing are heart-wrenching. I have prayed for God’s peace and comfort for them, as well as God’s direction of the search and rescue teams who are desperately looking for clues that will solve the mystery. But the unanswered questions seem to intensify the horror…

How could a modern airliner drop out of sight so quickly and completely?

What happened to the plane itself?

Was it hijacked?

Was it blown out of the sky?

Did something happen to the pilots so that without guidance the plane plunged intact into the depths of the sea?

Bottom line: Where are all the people?"

Satan
03-20-2014, 06:13 PM
So my Former Employer was doing a "test run" for the Rapture? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Kristy
03-20-2014, 06:20 PM
It appears that way

FORD
03-20-2014, 07:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh8SJyf9Y0Y

Nickdfresh
03-25-2014, 11:21 AM
It's amazing how much the "news" networks are devoting to this flying "who done it?!"

"Fuck it! Let's go nuts!"
The Daily ShowGet More: Daily Show Full Episodes,Indecision Political Humor,The Daily Show on Facebook

Kristy
03-25-2014, 11:47 AM
That Boeing piece of shit is not in the Indian Ocean, either.

vandeleur
03-25-2014, 12:48 PM
The guy seemed less rabid than most but lost a lotta kudos for quoting the daily mail ..... Which is a fucking shit rag.
Though the TelePrompt translation thing on the bottom was funny .

Kristy
04-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Apparently, all you need to find a 900,000 pound plane is to shove a camera right up your ass. How much into kink I am and being a sadist who loves to inflict pain on dumbasses even I have my limits. These fucking welfare filthy hippies conspiracy bags of shit. It's bad enough Smellvis is in the gene pool.

Nickdfresh
12-23-2014, 01:04 PM
'U.S. military shot down MH370 because they thought it had been hacked and was about to be used in terror attack', claims former airline boss

Marc Dugain says U.S. Navy in Indian Ocean attacked the plane
He claims that islanders saw the plane fly close to a U.S. base
Also alleges that a spy told him to back away from his probe into MH370

By Sam Webb for MailOnline

Published: 08:53 EST, 22 December 2014 | Updated: 14:57 EST, 22 December 2014

A former airline boss and writer claims the U.S. downed Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 because the military feared it had been taken over by hackers and was about to be used in a 9/11-style attack.

Marc Dugain, the former chief executive of now-defunct Proteus Airlines, said the jumbo jet was shot down near a U.S. military base on the remote island of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean after it was hacked.

He told Paris Match that islanders in the Maldives near Diego Garcia told him they saw the missing aircraft flying low.

Dugain spoke of a fisherman on a small island who spoke of a 'huge plane' in Malaysie Airline's colours on March 8.

Read more at The Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2883651/U-S-military-shot-MH370-thought-hacked-used-terror-attack-claims-former-airline-boss.html#ixzz3MkGZZrAU)

Never was
12-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Still no debris, this sucker never hit the water. There were 10 ELTs on that plane and they are self sustained devices they would not be impacted by an electrical system error and the odds of all 10 independently failing on the same plane is a really far fetched and damn near impossible statistically. It is somewhere likely broken up on a remote island. Unfortunately looking in the water assures it wont be found and will give license to every nut job with a theory.