PDA

View Full Version : Shoes' blog starring DLR

Sensible Shoes
04-03-2014, 04:03 AM
Sometimes at night, once in a while, I sit up until the wee hours and play on the internet.

Tonight, I can report that the "infusions" bottles I bought at Yankee have yielded two very different results. The espresso infused vodka I made was absolutely awful. But tonight, I cracked the "hot pepper" infusion bottle and found it to be delightful. Cyndi says not, but I think this stuff straight, or in a Bloody Mary would be fabulous. And of course, this leads to me "blogging" or "noting" since when you do it on facebook, it is not really a blog!

Other things I have learned tonight: My computer battery is charging normally but should be replaced as it is reaching the end of its life. I didn't quite know how to take that - the computer is soon to reach 5 years of age and of course, should probably be replaced. Yeah, right. That might happen. So I shall play russian roulette with the battery and the computer in general. Hell, I have backed up everything on DVD so let the meltdown begin

Sad news: my idol, David Lee Roth, now produces video-casts called "the Roth Show". I watched #2 of season 2 tonight. Or should I say, I watched about half of it. This is the rambling of a non-stop brain. The subject was.....well, I cannot remember what the subject was, only that it went on for about 25 minutes and had to do with dancing, Japan, racism, comedy and New York City. At least half of it did. I couldn't get through any more than that.

My idol has gone from being a naughty piece of 80's eye candy who wrote wonderful lyrics and rasped his way through most of them with a bluesy, whiskey soaked voice to an artsy flibbidegibbit who rambles on with the enthusiasm of someone who cannot bear to stop talking. I truly fear for the future of the reunited Van Halen as the lead singer blends as well with Eddie and Alex (and Wolfie) Van Halen as Sumo wrestling does with California surfboards. This makes me very sad.

On a brighter note, Hendricks went to obedience tonight and proved to me that although UPS has not delivered his brain yet, what's in there can deduce things pretty darned quickly. For example, we were training a "down stay" by bringing a treat from above your head down to the floor, saying "down" very deliberately. Well, he gets that. What he also gets is that when you try the hand signal WITHOUT the treat he ain't going down to the mat. Didn't even fall for it once. And he repeated this with the "Sit stay" and with loose lead heeling. Nope, mom, get the treat in my face, or I ain't doin' it. Period.

Also- note to self - 70 pound dog with harness vs. woman with clogs on - dog wins hands down. I couldn't move him more than two steps without being pulled off my feet. I ended up doing the class in sock feet with much better success. Getting back to the car with the crocs on? Well back to the food in the face. Either that or breaking an ankle.

Other news: I need some guidance about how to apply for a job at Yankee internally. Seems I have lost the booklet that explained all that stuff. The employee handbook simply says they encourage promotion from within, but does not say how to go about it. I have a call into HR. That is all I have to say on "As the Candle Burns" tonight.

Well good night, all. I'm sure I will have more to say shortly. But since my brain does not move nearly as fast as DLR's, I promise it won't be for a few more days, anyway.

ZahZoo
04-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Excellent blog!!

This has to be the most coherent and noteworthy post on this site in the last 5 years!!!

Well played Shoes!!!! Give her a sticky!! :first:

PETE'S BROTHER
04-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Well played Shoes!!!! Give her a sticky!! :first:

:wanker:

vandeleur
04-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Very good post , tho I fess up DLR was never really eye candy to most of us . Naughty or otherwise .
Despite what kristy thinks :D

DLR Bridge
04-03-2014, 01:57 PM
I truly fear for the future of the reunited Van Halen as the lead singer blends as well with Eddie and Alex (and Wolfie) Van Halen as Sumo wrestling does with California surfboards.

Head of nail... meet the hammer.