PDA

View Full Version : Talk about lucky....

Fairwrning
04-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Honey your package is at the neighbors house...

Nitro Express
04-05-2014, 03:01 AM
Looks like he shit his pants for nothing. The tree might have fucked the door up a bit. At least it didn't get ripped off. LOL!

Fairwrning
04-05-2014, 10:59 AM
What are the odds of going between those trees and missing that house?

Romeo Delight
04-05-2014, 11:39 AM
How about the dogs watchign the whole thing...makes it twice as funny

vandeleur
04-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Fuck fuck I've dropped my cap , there it is panic over .Better chase my van now .

Seshmeister
04-05-2014, 12:15 PM
I did the same once at a gas station but somehow managed to get the door open and jump in and hit the break before it reached the main road. :)

This was about 20 years ago before everything you ever do was videoed.

Nitro Express
04-06-2014, 07:10 AM
What are the odds of going between those trees and missing that house?

It's van bowling. Instead of knocking down pins the object of the game is to not hit anything. He would have gotten a perfect score if he didn't open the door. The door hit the tree and he lost some points there.

Nitro Express
04-06-2014, 07:17 AM
I used to drive an airport shuttle bus. I had the bus parked curbside and it was in park. I got out of the bus to help load some luggage and I heard this big crash and this lady having a shit fit. The bus rolled forward and smashed into a car. My manager said the particular bus I was driving that day had a tendency to roll in park (thank's for not having it fixed or telling me). If you ever look inside an automatic transmission there is a pawl that locks up the transmission. Not much to hold a vehicle so you always want to set the emergency brake just to be safe. Luckily nobody got ran over. Shit happens. I always set the parking brake now if the engine is running. I don't trust the transmission lock.

vandeleur
04-06-2014, 07:31 AM
I hate shit like this , ever since I watched this I've ripped the arse out of the hand brake to make sure it's on ...
:D

Nickdfresh
04-06-2014, 09:34 AM
I hate shit like this , ever since I watched this I've ripped the arse out of the hand brake to make sure it's on ...
:D

Me too. :D I've just realized my dream of driving a stick 5sp. before they become completely unavailable in North America. Now this happens :D

twonabomber
04-06-2014, 10:01 AM
I don't think I've ever set a parking brake while parking...

Fairwrning
04-06-2014, 10:05 AM
I always set my brake..lots of hills here in SW Va....I dont if its cold enough to freeze though...that will piss you off..hop in the car and the brake is frozen..

Nickdfresh
04-06-2014, 10:29 AM
I don't think I've ever set a parking brake while parking...

A lot of times I don't and just leave it in gear. But they can stop working if you don't set it once in a while...

twonabomber
04-06-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm pretty sure if I went out now and tried four out of my five parking brakes the cables would be rusty and likely come apart. :D

Nitro Express
04-06-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm amazed at how many people in this country who can't drive a stick shift car. Most the younger people can't.

FORD
04-06-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm amazed at how many people in this country who can't drive a stick shift car. Most the younger people can't.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I'm one of them.

Let's face it, by the time I was old enough to drive, I was also too tall to drive most of the cars that came with manual transmissions in those days. I actually learned to drive in a VW Rabbit, of all things, but it was an automatic. Probably fortunate that it was, as my left leg didn't really have anywhere to move in that car, so operating a clutch would have been difficult. Getting from gas to brake with the right foot was OK though. Leave it to the Germans to make a small car that you don't have to be small to drive.

(now watch Bleater call me a white supremacist again...... :meinsmiley: :rolleyes: )

I have driven forklifts and other such things with manual transmission and clutches though, so I'm sure I would have no problem driving a stick...... assuming I can find one I can actually drive comfortably.

VAiN
04-06-2014, 08:36 PM

Most young people these days can't find their asses with both hands, so that's not saying much.

Hardrock69
04-06-2014, 10:21 PM
I learned to drive in 1975 in a 1942 Willys army jeep. If you cannot drive one of those manual motherfuckers, there is no hope for you.

Nickdfresh
04-06-2014, 10:29 PM

The only ones who can now are enthusiasts...

twonabomber
04-06-2014, 10:45 PM

Me, too. Mom couldn't drive stick and all she had was automatics. I'm sure my dad had a manual something or other but we weren't speaking through most of my teen years so I never got to drive any of his cars. So I learned on an auto and never had to bother with a stick.

My Jeeps are all autos, not even sure if my Grand Wagoneer had a manual option in '89. My SRT-6 didn't have a manual option. All the Mercedes AMG cars (which mine is based on) were autos with the AutoStick "manual" mode.

I have driven forklifts and other such things with manual transmission and clutches though, so I'm sure I would have no problem driving a stick...... assuming I can find one I can actually drive comfortably.

I worked at a place that used to be the old Hupmobile factory. We had an old manual Clark lift truck, if you got down to the maintenance room last that's what you'd get stuck driving. The clutch was so heavy on that thing, a real pain to operate and I'd grind the gears. One of the old maintenance guys would always be yelling "don't grind the fuckin' gears!" and I swear he'd hear 'em grinding all the way at the other end of the plant.

Fairwrning
04-07-2014, 05:45 PM
I alternate...I get bored with an auto trans after a few years so Ill get a straight shift next and vice versa..Ive had my current auto trans for 12 years though..

Romeo Delight
04-07-2014, 06:19 PM
The only ones who can now are enthusiasts...

If you are talking about North America, ya.

Try renting an automatic in Italy...good luck. Then again, you probably shoudln't be driving in that country in the first place it's so crazy

Nickdfresh
04-07-2014, 08:01 PM

Try renting an automatic in Italy...good luck. Then again, you probably shoudln't be driving in that country in the first place it's so crazy

Oh yeah, most of Europe is stick. They think something is wrong with you if you can't drive it and in some countries only people with mild disabilities drive autos. Ironically, Ferrari has put a clutchless manual with paddle shifters on all their cars, at least in North America. Not sure if they offer a stick in Europe. I think it was Jeremy Clarkson, who normally delights in mocking American cars (even though he owns a Ford GT) to choose a comparatively sloppy Corvette as one of his favorite track cars ever over highly refined Audi and Porsche super cars simply because it was much more fun to drive and to do your own shifting the old fashioned way...

Nitro Express
04-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Paddle shift sucks. Don't even get me started on it.

twonabomber
04-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Oh yeah, most of Europe is stick. They think something is wrong with you if you can't drive it and in some countries only people with mild disabilities drive autos. Ironically, Ferrari has put a clutchless manual with paddle shifters on all their cars, at least in North America. Not sure if they offer a stick in Europe. I think it was Jeremy Clarkson, who normally delights in mocking American cars (even though he owns a Ford GT) to choose a comparatively sloppy Corvette as one of his favorite track cars ever over highly refined Audi and Porsche super cars simply because it was much more fun to drive and to do your own shifting the old fashioned way...

Clarkson doesn't like "flappy paddle shifters"

Nitro Express
04-07-2014, 08:06 PM

China is just as bad. A country full of first time drivers. You wouldn't even dare ride a bike around Bejing anymore. You would get hit by one of the many lousy drivers there. Italians think the sidewalk is a passing lane. LOL!

Nitro Express
04-07-2014, 08:08 PM

That's because Clarkson is old enough to have cut his teeth running the gates on real sportscars. Ah the thrill of downshifting into a turn and accelerating out of it. Paddle shift is for kids who play game consoles.

Nitro Express
04-07-2014, 08:11 PM
I learned to drive in 1975 in a 1942 Willys army jeep. If you cannot drive one of those manual motherfuckers, there is no hope for you.

Was it an old crash box? I think if you can drive a three speed crash box without grinding the gears you can drive anything.

Nitro Express
04-07-2014, 08:18 PM

Let's face it, by the time I was old enough to drive, I was also too tall to drive most of the cars that came with manual transmissions in those days. I actually learned to drive in a VW Rabbit, of all things, but it was an automatic. Probably fortunate that it was, as my left leg didn't really have anywhere to move in that car, so operating a clutch would have been difficult. Getting from gas to brake with the right foot was OK though. Leave it to the Germans to make a small car that you don't have to be small to drive.

(now watch Bleater call me a white supremacist again...... :meinsmiley: :rolleyes: )

Yeah if you can drive a tractor or a forklift with a manual you can drive a manual car. I learned on an automatic when I took driver's training. My dad's company had a fleet of trucks and they were all manual. I took one and just drove around on the forest service roads until I got it down and then I drove in town. The tricky part is when you are stopped on a hill and you have to slip the clutch to keep the the vehicle from rolling backwards.

Hey if a bunch of stoned hippies could drive manual VW microbuses around San Fransisco and parallel park them on a hill, anyone can do it. LOL!

Nickdfresh
04-07-2014, 08:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4CPBfpnye0

;)

Nitro Express
04-07-2014, 08:24 PM
I always thought these old twin stick trucks were cool. I drove one in Oregon once to get firewood.

DONNIEP
04-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Paddle shift sucks. Don't even get me started on it.

I don't care that the 'puter can match the revs and bang out a shift faster than humanly possible - those paddle shifters are gaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy. Fuck that. Row that sumbitch yourself!

ELVIS
04-07-2014, 08:32 PM
I took my first drivers test in a manual as well as my CDL test...

I failed my CDL test on the first attempt for shifting gears through an intersection...

Nitro Express
04-07-2014, 08:33 PM
The cars I love to drive are the old air cooled Porsche 911's. You can use all the power and drift the rear end. One would be a blast on the mountain roads we have around here.

Nitro Express
04-07-2014, 08:35 PM
I took my first drivers test in a manual as well as my CDL test...

I failed my CDL test on the first attempt for shifting gears through an intersection...

My driver's instructor was this really strict Iranian guy. He would flunk you for the day if you didn't let the car settle back on the suspension. It was not a complete stop in his book. He taught us well. I've never been in an accident.