PDA

View Full Version : Neil Schon: There Is No Hope For You

Kristy
05-01-2014, 07:30 PM
I have no words to describe how fucking awful this is:

FORD
05-01-2014, 07:34 PM
A bit of a Lenny Kravitz ripoff, with a little Kings X mixed in.

Certainly beats the living shit out of anything called "Journey" since 1981. Guess Neil can still remember how to play rock n roll when that pussy Cain isn't in the room?

Kristy
05-01-2014, 07:38 PM
It's recycled late 70's proggy rock. Cliche riffs, inane lyrics, a shit singer (once worked with Ted Nugent) and a sad excuse for a drummer. It's a Different Kind Of A Turd only with more turd.

chefcraig
05-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Give the guy credit for jumping out there with a three piece band, but shit...this a wall of unfused excrement worse than one of those excruciating Kansas concept albums that came out in the late seventies, distilled as a single song. In a live setting, this might be of interest...providing the PA gives out and the vocals get lost. Even then, yer stuck with lazy prog-rock by numbers. Geez, how's about a tempo change, instead of driving everyone in attendance toward the restroom or a beer and hotdog break? Yechhhh.

Kristy
05-01-2014, 08:08 PM
When hacks like Schon have no multimillion dollar producer to direct them this is the type of shit that results.

Kristy
05-01-2014, 08:12 PM
And the recycling never ends. Doesn't matter who it is anymore.

Kristy
05-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Give the guy credit for jumping out there with a three piece band...

Oh you mean like he did with F A T Spammy?

kwame k
05-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Wow!

This is horrible.........every cliche known to man in one song :thumb:

SunisinuS
05-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Still weird to watch a guitarist never use his pinkie finger in so many bursts and yet shred so fucking gnarly....even with sound off on occasion..... at that Metal Aid Album Schon was said by all there as the fastest player they had ever seen. Just weird to watch kinda. Probably his never using it makes his other fingers faster. He pinks his pinkie in only at certain points. Weird.

:smoke:

ELVIS
05-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Unfortunately I'm gonna have to go with Krust cakes on this...

Kristy
05-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Get the fuck out of this thread!

Kristy
05-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Still weird to watch a guitarist never use his pinkie finger in so many bursts and yet shred so fucking gnarly....even with sound off on occasion..... at that Metal Aid Album Schon was said by all there as the fastest player they had ever seen. Just weird to watch kinda. Probably his never using it makes his other fingers faster. He pinks his pinkie in only at certain points. Weird.

Really? That's because Neil shoves it up his bloated asshole when making shit like this. Hippie.

SunisinuS
05-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Give the guy credit for jumping out there with a three piece band, but shit...this a wall of unfused excrement worse than one of those excruciating Kansas concept albums that came out in the late seventies, distilled as a single song. In a live setting, this might be of interest...providing the PA gives out and the vocals get lost. Even then, yer stuck with lazy prog-rock by numbers. Geez, how's about a tempo change, instead of driving everyone in attendance toward the restroom or a beer and hotdog break? Yechhhh.

And as a Prog Rock fan I would in no way call this song prog. Kansas rocks. It sounds as FORD described (remember Jack Blades was the collaborator*), with the B-Side of Journey's "Frontiers". Neal's attempt at that stepping down layered BTO lush chord.

Kristy
05-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Looking for something to do? Fucking limeys do a "documentary" on southern rock and how fucking shitty is was. It's still worth watching

SunisinuS
05-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Really? That's because Neil shoves it up his bloated asshole when making shit like this. Hippie.

But he got you. Lol you even posted the thread about it! :cussing: like you mean it.

There is no such thing as bad press. So we are standing looking at a stinky piece of poo together poking at it with a stick.

Neal must be laughing.*

Seshmeister
05-01-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm just pleased to see that Derek Smalls is still out there working...

SunisinuS
05-01-2014, 09:22 PM

He is? Where is the gig?

Course this guy could be Derek in the witness protection program.

chefcraig
05-01-2014, 09:22 PM

Yep, getting over that sort of career-cramping publicity is something to be appreciated...

http://i62.tinypic.com/15ok012.jpg

Seriously, how do you come back from that?

ELVIS
05-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Get the fuck out of this thread!

Yer momma...

chefcraig
05-01-2014, 09:47 PM
He is? Where is the gig?

Course this guy could be Derek in the witness protection program.

At a zoo near you. The feature will be a 22 minute version of Jazz Odyssey, followed by the headlining act, consisting of locally made puppets.

http://i62.tinypic.com/jjqiow.jpg

78/84 guy
05-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Yer momma...

She's not my momma !!! Yer momma ? Wait that was Glattis.

Von Halen
05-06-2014, 08:12 AM

I don't use my pinky finger either. In fact, I don't even use the other 3 fingers either! I'm like Kip Winger with his bass, I just strap the guitar on so it looks like I know how to play it.

I think Schon is a great guitar player. But he hasn't come out with anything worth a fuck in many years. All of his recent projects are missing one key ingredient. CHEMISTRY!