PDA

View Full Version : What the hell do you all mean by having plans on a Friday night?

Sensible Shoes
05-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Traitors.

DONNIEP
05-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Cutting grass and then having a few beers? Ok, cutting grass and having 9 beers.

Sensible Shoes
05-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Grass? You have grass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DONNIEP
05-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Grass? You have grass?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmxcmpR1GQA

SunisinuS
05-03-2014, 03:09 AM
Grass? You have grass?

I am barefoot and ignoring Sensible Shoes.

ashstralia
05-03-2014, 07:41 AM
I'm eleven hours ahead. Sometimes more, depending on where you are. It's fucking difficult living in the future.

DLR Bridge
05-03-2014, 08:08 AM
...ok, so I come home from work to find that we are having 3 more kids at our house to sleep over. The house was already on it's way to being trashed and the screaming and fighting was in full swing. I made an egg sandwich, ate it, plopped down on my bed at 7:45 and slept right on up 'til 7:45 AM. Exciting, no? I had planned on grabbing a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon, but after a long work day (peppered with interweb arguing) these kids just knocked me on my ass.

Long live rock and roll.:umm:

ZahZoo
05-03-2014, 10:36 AM
I'm eleven hours ahead. Sometimes more, depending on where you are. It's fucking difficult living in the future.

Someone has to lead the way!! Thank you for your service!!

DONNIEP
05-03-2014, 02:57 PM
...ok, so I come home from work to find that we are having 3 more kids at our house to sleep over. The house was already on it's way to being trashed and the screaming and fighting was in full swing. I made an egg sandwich, ate it, plopped down on my bed at 7:45 and slept right on up 'til 7:45 AM. Exciting, no? I had planned on grabbing a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon, but after a long work day (peppered with interweb arguing) these kids just knocked me on my ass.

Long live rock and roll.:umm:

Ahh...the joys of parenthood. Go ahead and grab a 12 pack of PBR today. You've earned it.

Seshmeister
05-03-2014, 04:55 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RJpY9q3R8NE/UjPGKHJz58I/AAAAAAAAClU/nxiPf6wl1PA/s1600/Pabst+Blue+Ribbon+Hipster.jpg

;)

VAiN
05-03-2014, 05:23 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RJpY9q3R8NE/UjPGKHJz58I/AAAAAAAAClU/nxiPf6wl1PA/s1600/Pabst+Blue+Ribbon+Hipster.jpg

;)

I do find it interesting that PBR has become a hipster beer. To me it's still a great American shitty beer that I'll proudly knock back as I enjoy some CVH.
'Merica!! Fuck yeah!!

Satan
05-03-2014, 05:29 PM
People actually drink that shit?

That's one of the beers I keep on tap down here in Hell to torment the damned! :devildance:

VAiN
05-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Sometimes you just want that hangover that only PBR can deliver.

DONNIEP
05-03-2014, 06:05 PM
PBR is a "hipster" beer now?? How the hell does that happen? I don't want no damn "hipsters" drinkin' my cheap beers!

Seshmeister
05-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Article about it here http://www.salon.com/2008/08/11/pabst_blue_ribbon/

It's funny that Pabst are now trying to market to all-American beer drinkers alienated by Anheuser-Busch’s sale to a Belgian corporation.

I was the opposite previously boycotting Bud because of Anheuser-Busch...

Not that I ever drank it very often.

Satan
05-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Irony here is that Pabst itself is now merely a shell company owned by some Greek predatory capitalist. So it's only an "American" company by technicality.

DONNIEP
05-03-2014, 06:38 PM
I don't think I've seen a PBR commercial in years.

cadaverdog
05-03-2014, 07:07 PM

It's funny that Pabst are now trying to market to all-American beer drinkers alienated by Anheuser-Busch’s sale to a Belgian corporation.

I'm not sure if it's fact but they used to put formaldehyde in Budwieser products sold outside of the US as an extra preservative. The Budwieser I tried to drink in Asia didn't taste the same as Bud does here. The only American beer that I found to be drinkable over there was purchased here. The Navy used to (not sure they still do) carry a certain amount of beer onboard ship for drinking if the ship is out to sea for more than three months at a time. The only time you'd be at sea for that long on a surface ship from the Pacific fleet would be in the Indian Ocean near the Persian Gulf.
I went to a keg party in a campground once where they were drinking Pabst. After an hour or so most of the other people there were puking their guts up. I was one of the only people standing after a couple more. I guess I have a higher tolerance for shitty tasting beer. I was probably the only person who drove home that night. The rest of them passed out in their cars or slept in the dirt that night.

Nickdfresh
05-03-2014, 11:30 PM
People actually drink that shit?

That's one of the beers I keep on tap down here in Hell to torment the damned! :devildance:

I'm not a fan of it, but it ain't THAT bad....

Apparently is was chosen as the "hipster beer" because not just was it cheaper than Pudwieser and wChOORS, it's actually better with a distinctive after taste. They also don't advertize, which was another plus...

It was on tap at a local watering hole by my work, and it's not bad on tap. But FFS I wouldn't want it as the last beer on earth by any means...

Nickdfresh
05-03-2014, 11:36 PM

I could give a fuck who owns them. I actually drink Stella on occasion. I actually thing Bud isn't too terrible, as long as it's not the light beer version, which should be used to give enemas only. But damn, is there a chemical preservative (most likely) in there that gives one hell of a hangover...

Nickdfresh
05-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Irony here is that Pabst itself is now merely a shell company owned by some Greek predatory capitalist. So it's only an "American" company by technicality.

I don't think I've seen a PBR commercial in years.

I believe at the beginning of the hipster Pabst craze, PBR was owned by a nonprofit holding entity or something. I think they had to sell it because they were actually making too much money because ironically they were a nonprofit that didn't advertize and wasn't some snooty craft brew outfit...

DLR Bridge
05-04-2014, 12:43 AM
I have to say, it's pretty damn good for a shitty beer.

DONNIEP
05-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Cheap beers rule. Fuck a bunch of boysenberry and all that other shit microbrew crap. You're not supposed to sit around with a bunch of guys and talk about all the flavors in the beer you're drinking. Fuck that. It's supposed to taste like beer. Period. You drink it, you catch a buzz, you make sure the chick you got your eye on drinks it too. End of story.

cadaverdog
05-04-2014, 02:54 AM
Cheap beers rule. Fuck a bunch of boysenberry and all that other shit microbrew crap. You're not supposed to sit around with a bunch of guys and talk about all the flavors in the beer you're drinking. Fuck that. It's supposed to taste like beer. Period. You drink it, you catch a buzz, you make sure the chick you got your eye on drinks it too. End of story.
I'm not into yuppie beer but there's cheap beer that tastes alright and cheap beer that tastes like horse piss. I drank Meister Brau a few times. It's cheap but it's drinkable. My brother buys Busch. It's cheap but it's not drinkable. He buys it so nobody else drinks it.

cadaverdog
05-04-2014, 02:59 AM
I have to say, it's pretty damn good for a shitty beer.
Some people like Bud. Some people like Coors. If you like one you probably don't like the other. I haven't had a Pabst since the kegger I went to when I was a teenager but I didn't like it then so I probably wouldn't like it now.

DLR Bridge
05-04-2014, 06:00 AM
I honestly never tried it before until a couple of weeks ago. I bought a 6 pack of 16 oz. cans for $4 and change and was pleasantly surprised.

DLR Bridge
05-04-2014, 06:04 AM

I like the cheap shit, but after drinking cheap for 20 odd years, craft beer sampling is kinda cool. I've become an IPA person, but I do need a break from them every now and then. They certainly don't refresh after mowing the lawn like a shit beer. :yo:

Sensible Shoes
06-10-2014, 02:38 AM
What do you mean AFTER mowing the lawn? You don't have a cup holder on the mower ?

Nitro Express
06-10-2014, 02:46 AM
I like the cheap shit, but after drinking cheap for 20 odd years, craft beer sampling is kinda cool. I've become an IPA person, but I do need a break from them every now and then. They certainly don't refresh after mowing the lawn like a shit beer. :yo:

What kind of cheap swill does Mr. Anderson drink?

ZahZoo
06-10-2014, 09:16 AM
What do you mean AFTER mowing the lawn? You don't have a cup holder on the mower ?

Reminds me my cupholder broke off my mower last year... Fathers Day is coming up... I'll text the kids immediately!!

DLR Bridge
06-10-2014, 09:25 AM

Ha! Unfortunately, no. Just a cooler at the finish line for motivational purposes.

DONNIEP
06-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Mine doesn't have a cup holder either. But then I've never been big on drinking in the 90 degree sun. I'd either get sick or I'd be wandering around naked in the back yard hallucinating. And we all know what happened last time I did that...

Seshmeister
06-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Reminds me my cupholder broke off my mower last year...

#FirstWorldProblems :)

Nitro Express
06-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Mine doesn't have a cup holder either. But then I've never been big on drinking in the 90 degree sun. I'd either get sick or I'd be wandering around naked in the back yard hallucinating. And we all know what happened last time I did that...

I'm into the big cooler full of ice packed with beer. Preferably around water with chicks in bikinis where you can hear the giggles and smell the tanning oil. You hope to be cooking a hot dog later but not the one you buy in a store or cook on a grill.

Anonymous
06-10-2014, 07:17 PM
They certainly don't refresh after mowing the lawn like a shit beer. :yo:

That's the whole point of beers, even though I don't mow no lawns. I ain't no old fart like you old farts. I PAY to have my lawn mowed.

Thing about beers is, those faggity microbrewed shits may be ok if you're tasting ONE beer, but if you just wanna kick back & relax & not even think about counting how many you're having, you can't have that shit. You'll get nauseated.

No, you need the cheap swill that goes down without you even noticing it.

There IS a limit, of course... too cheap & just the smell will make you throw up. Right down the middle. Cheap enough to be good.

Cheers! :beers:

twonabomber
06-10-2014, 07:32 PM
That's the whole point of beers, even though I don't mow no lawns. I ain't no old fart like you old farts. I PAY to have my lawn mowed.

Mowing the lawn is the closest to exercise some people get...

Anonymous
06-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Mowing the lawn is the closest to exercise some people get...

Pffft, exercise. I PAY to have someone exercise for me.

DONNIEP
06-10-2014, 07:39 PM

Thing about beers is, those faggity microbrewed shits may be ok if you're tasting ONE beer, but if you just wanna kick back & relax & not even think about counting how many you're having, you can't have that shit. You'll get nauseated.

There IS a limit, of course... too cheap & just the smell will make you throw up. Right down the middle. Cheap enough to be good.

Damn right, my Nigga!

Anonymous
06-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Damn right, my Nigga!

Fist me.

Anonymous
06-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Fist me.

Uh, I meant like this, of course.

http://s2.postimg.org/4lp70kufd/muhamed_ali_fist.jpg

http://s2.postimg.org/hoktjuknd/my_******.jpg

http://s28.postimg.org/5sco1bu9p/my_nigga.jpg

Edit: Oh, well done. Your pussy censorship even fucks up links! :lol:

DONNIEP
06-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Fist me.

Again? You do remember how that turned out the last time?

Anonymous
06-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Again? You do remember how that turned out the last time?

I was drunk, Donnie!

Jeezus, you miss a guy's fist & punch him in the face a few dozen times & you'll never hear the end of it.

What about that time you spilled beer on my left big toe? Did I go on about it? No, & you know why? 'Coz *I* am a true friend, Donnie. I suffer your indignities in silence, all in the name of something that something that can be described as "friendship" but only for lack of a better word.

ZahZoo
06-11-2014, 09:37 AM
He spills beer on everyone... He's special like that...

Anonymous
06-11-2014, 09:42 AM
He spills beer on everyone... He's special like that...

Yup. I guess if there is a word to describe Donnie, it has to be "special".

Nitro Express
06-12-2014, 02:18 AM

You don't pour a microbrew on a girl's ass. It's always a 40 Ounce bottle of cheep suds. I'm a Miller guy. I be pouring a 40 of Genuine Draft on her bubble butt.

Susie Q
07-10-2014, 11:09 PM
My newest drink is Dr.Magillicudy Apple pie. It's dangerously good. :gulp:

ZahZoo
07-11-2014, 08:45 AM
I'm busy tonite...

Susie Q
07-11-2014, 08:49 AM
I go out and support my local music scene frequently. :)

ashstralia
07-11-2014, 08:56 AM
I'm part of my local music scene. Although very grateful I was only spectating tonight! :cool1:

ZahZoo
07-11-2014, 02:10 PM
I am a music scene...

Susie Q
07-11-2014, 05:58 PM
And I will support you zahzoo ;) In fact...next Friday night I am seeing one local band and then Saturday a local music fest. :)