PDA

View Full Version : Game of thrones

vandeleur
05-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Am sure there is a thread for this, well probably but I couldnt find it.

Is any one watching Game OF Thrones ?

Am a bit of an ambulance chaser when it comes to this show , I missed the first 3 series due to be battered with how good it was off people at work and being a stubborn bastid :)
Any way am really in to it now Ive caught up with it and its pretty good I have to grudgingly admit.

The dwarf is class and gets all the best lines .

private parts
05-12-2014, 11:07 AM
I a huge fan! Best show since Sopranos and Breaking Bad.

Seshmeister
05-12-2014, 11:16 AM
The problem with this thread will be the spoiler factor.

Although the UK and US are in sync episode wise, it's on Sunday nights in the US but Monday nights in the UK.

Plus you get all those people who read the books jumping in... :)

vandeleur
05-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Do what I did with breaking bad and walking dead ... Avoid like the plague until you've seen it . :)

Seshmeister
05-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Yeah I came into Breaking Bad at season 5 and GOT at season 3 I'm used to it.

Went to see Pompey at the cinema last week and taking the kids to a 12A thought I better check the IMDB parents guide.

Talk about spoilers, literally the last scene of the movie described without a warning.

vandeleur
05-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Pompeii and spoilers ... Go figure :biggrin:
Thought you were going for a gag but checked imdb and see what you mean .

DLR Bridge
05-12-2014, 12:11 PM
I'm into the GOT. So what your saying is, you guys haven't seen the latest episode? The best was when...

lesfunk
05-12-2014, 05:33 PM
I'll say this much. This season has taken some serious turns away from the books.
That's ok with me because I like not knowing whats going to happen. The first two? Three? Seasons I was like "Ok hurry up and kill off 'What's his name'" cuz I knew the plot.
They took some pretty big liberties this season. I just hope it doesn't stray to far into "Serial T.V. Writer Land"

Zing!
05-12-2014, 05:41 PM
I just hope it doesn't stray to far into "Serial T.V. Writer Land"

As long as it's not on AMC and doesn't involve zombies, they should be fine.

lesfunk
05-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Yeah, but that "maggie" on Walking dead is a piece of ass

DLR Bridge
05-12-2014, 06:21 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/49-things-you-never-knew-about-game-of-thrones-that-will-blo?s=mobile

Some interesting GOT tidbits.

vandeleur
05-12-2014, 07:08 PM
I wanted to read the books , but I like to read in bed and was worried if I nodded off some of the heftier volumes would knock me the fuck out :D

DLR Bridge
05-12-2014, 10:06 PM
I read the Rolling Stone interviews with Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) and the author, George R.R. Martin. Got nothing from the one with Kit but talk of his hair and his diet. Martin seems like a fascinating fellow with a lot of interesting perspective on his books versus the shows. He said the red wedding was actually worse on TV than in his book, as the book didn't have Rob Stark's pregnant girlfriend get knifed in the tummy. He does seem to enjoy taking readers out of any sort of comfort zone, as in 'don't get too attached to anyone.'

Seshmeister
05-13-2014, 12:24 PM
I read the Rolling Stone interviews with Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) and the author, George R.R. Martin. Got nothing from the one with Kit but talk of his hair and his diet. Martin seems like a fascinating fellow with a lot of interesting perspective on his books versus the shows. He said the red wedding was actually worse on TV than in his book, as the book didn't have Rob Stark's pregnant girlfriend get knifed in the tummy. He does seem to enjoy taking readers out of any sort of comfort zone, as in 'don't get too attached to anyone.'

I don't know about you but the defining thing about now being on the wrong side of 40 is that I find that I hardly ever find anything to give a fuck about that is said in interviews of sportsmen, rock stars and actors.

There is the odd one with some personality but writers, comedians and scientists are much more interesting to me.

There are a lot of quite dumb or at least bland actors out there and just as many himbos as bimbos.

DLR Bridge
06-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Just... wow. Gruesome surprises a plenty last night, with the best and most unfortunately worst for last.

WACF
06-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Just... wow. Gruesome surprises a plenty last night, with the best and most unfortunately worst for last.

I have it PVR'd....I take it the trial by combat does not go well???

DLR Bridge
06-02-2014, 04:21 PM
I probably already said too much. Enjoy! (or wince)

vandeleur
06-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Yeah bit of a shocker for me .....

Seshmeister
06-03-2014, 06:45 AM
I have it PVR'd....I take it the trial by combat does not go well???

It's a little messy.

Sensible Shoes
06-03-2014, 02:32 PM
A "little" messy. Get it?

lesfunk
06-03-2014, 06:14 PM
I'd love nothing more than to spoil the plot for ll of you. Do you want to know ?

High Life Man
06-04-2014, 03:02 AM
If you haven't watched the last episode, don't watch this. If you have, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vob2_MSpXQc

vandeleur
06-04-2014, 04:59 AM
That's class :)

DLR Bridge
06-04-2014, 07:57 AM
That scene will go down as the "holy shit!!" heard 'round the world.

If only Oberyn knew of the classic advice once served up by the great Han Solo.

"Don't get cocky kid."

VetteLS5
06-04-2014, 09:21 AM
I still think the wee man somehow makes it out alive. And, somewhat off topic, but does anyone else find the fiesty redhead arrow-slinger hot?

DLR Bridge
06-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Agreed and CLAIM!!

DLR Bridge
06-04-2014, 10:59 AM
I predict brother Jamie, donning a long coat, will visit Tyrion in his cell and tell him to cling to his leg. He will then walk out with a limp, joking with the guard that the little bastard punched him in the nuts, and walk him over to an escape boat.

WACF
06-04-2014, 11:04 AM
That was an interesting episode...even with all the spoilers here that ending was brutal...fuuuuckkkkk.

vandeleur
06-04-2014, 11:07 AM
I predict brother Jamie, donning a long coat, will visit Tyrion in his cell and tell him to cling to his leg. He will then walk out with a limp, joking with the guard that the little bastard punched him in the nuts, and walk him over to an escape boat.

This is clearly a riff on the scooby doo play

DLR Bridge
06-04-2014, 11:50 AM
http://youtu.be/GkofR528EeE

I particularly enjoyed this scene. What's the hound going to do now? Will Arya and Sansa meet up?

VetteLS5
06-04-2014, 01:50 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

vandeleur
06-04-2014, 02:25 PM
From Robert downeys Facebook seemingly
Pretty cool

Seshmeister
06-04-2014, 06:50 PM
The spoiler and shock thing confuses me since apparently this and the red wedding thing were in the books.

I've never read them but I'm guessing at least half that audience had...

vandeleur
06-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Its weird a guy at work I talked to who has read the books says he got a shock , am guessing reading a book isnt as graphic as what happened . Plus books involve peoples imagination where as the show it was right there .

Seshmeister
06-04-2014, 07:07 PM
There have been enough changes so that they can hope the bad shit doesn't still happen but it always seems to. :)

DLR Bridge
06-06-2014, 01:36 PM

Where's that confounded separated at birth thread? I think of Page every time I see this guy.

DLR Bridge
06-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Its weird a guy at work I talked to who has read the books says he got a shock , am guessing reading a book isnt as graphic as what happened . Plus books involve peoples imagination where as the show it was right there .

I speak with a few "readers" myself. Word on the streets is that the Oberyn death isn't quite so important to the big picture in the book, so it seems likely that HBO made it a bigger deal than it was because they knew they could bait non-readers into a high impact "Holy Shit!!" moment.

vandeleur
06-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Certainly did that , got a lot of people taking about it which is good publicity for the show

VetteLS5
06-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Season Finale... excellent!

vandeleur
06-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Yeah , very good . Certainly makes you want to see the next series .

VetteLS5
06-22-2014, 09:23 PM
I knew the wee-man would make it. Sorry to see the hound go. Halfway thought my lovely red haired, green eyed lass might awake from a coma or something but sadly she's toast.

Seshmeister
06-22-2014, 09:31 PM
I'm not sure The Hound is gone - never showed him die and apparently it's not in the books at least at that point...

DLR Bridge
06-22-2014, 09:59 PM
What was the deal with the mountain still living? Pretty sure that guy received a massive sword stab right through the chest and out the other side. I would think syphoning poison out of his ass would be a moot point.

The tree guy was cool. The fighting skeleton scene brought me way way back to watching the '60s Sinbad movies on TV on a Sunday afternoon.

The Tyrion - Tywin scene ended rather Godfather-esque.

The show is doing things that aren't in the books as well, apparently. Surprises for everyone, to an extent.

DLR Bridge
06-22-2014, 10:04 PM
I'm not sure The Hound is gone - never showed him die and apparently it's not in the books at least at that point...

Yeah, all it takes is for some sympathetic farmer and his hot daughter to stroll by with horse and wagon, help him aboard, clean him up, feed him, nurse him back to health and give him some trim, and then be killed by him. :biggrin:

VetteLS5
06-23-2014, 09:28 AM
The tree guy was cool.

Yoda?

vandeleur
06-23-2014, 10:27 AM
The skeletons were surely a bit of a nod to ray harryhausen

Dave's Bitch
06-23-2014, 05:24 PM
I love Game of Thrones, sad the season is over. Still, I have the box sets so I can get my fix. I need to get me some dragons and take over the world

vandeleur
06-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Dragons look a bit uppity ...

Dave's Bitch
06-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Dragons look a bit uppity ...

You think?, guess I'll be keeping my dragon eggs for myself...

vandeleur
06-23-2014, 05:30 PM
You think?, guess I'll be keeping my dragon eggs for myself...

You being smutty lol

I meant dragon totty is struggling with hers , I think next season they are gonna be a handful .

Could you not take over the world with meerkats ?? They seem less uppity :)

Dave's Bitch
06-23-2014, 05:35 PM
They would have to be fucking big meerkats. Also, dragon totty :biggrin:

ZahZoo
06-24-2014, 08:48 AM
MeerKats rock!!

http://www.meerkats.net/photos%20misc%20&%20close/groupstandingonhomemeerkat.org.jpg

Seshmeister
04-13-2015, 06:59 PM
First 4 of season 5 are up on torrents.

Problem is if you watch them you have no episode 5 for a month. :)

Seshmeister
06-11-2015, 10:36 PM
It remains must see TV but fuck a lot of the writing is really badly flawed in this season...

vandeleur
06-12-2015, 12:20 AM
I've enjoyed it , it's been my favourite season. In a everyone dies sort of way.

vandeleur
06-12-2015, 12:23 AM
Think it reached its peak of quick kills in the hardhome episode. There was some wildling woman who seemed quite cool , she lasted minutes. It made me chuckle they killed her so quick am sure that wasn't the intention.

Seshmeister
06-12-2015, 06:20 AM
Surely we have to assume they arrange in advance with the people playing the zombies who they kill? :)

Have you noticed that there is just one big battle per season for budget reasons?

My latest thought is can you get the greyscale disease by inhaling it?

VetteLS5
06-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Surely we have to assume they arrange in advance with the people playing the zombies who they kill? :)

Have you noticed that there is just one big battle per season for budget reasons?

As in burning the little girl is going to come back to haunt someone? Hmmm.

vandeleur
06-12-2015, 11:57 AM

Oh I meant intention to make me chuckle , am sure you are right the actors probably know they are going to die :)

DLR Bridge
06-12-2015, 12:25 PM

The past two were two back to back large budget episodes.

Sunday is my birthday and all I want is to see something awful happen to Stannis and or Ramsay Snow.

DLR Bridge
06-15-2015, 12:36 AM
Finale....

Wow.

VetteLS5
06-15-2015, 09:45 AM
Well you got one wish fulfilled re: Stannis. Should be an interesting buildup to next season.

DLR Bridge
06-15-2015, 12:15 PM
Don't want to spoil anything, but I'm wondering if the witchy red-head will do any resurrecting of anyone next season.

VAiN
06-15-2015, 02:47 PM
Don't want to spoil anything, but I'm wondering if the witchy red-head will do any resurrecting of anyone next season.

Funny, that's exactly what we figured over here too..

vandeleur
06-15-2015, 03:38 PM
Yeah I was all shock no way then remembered the witch women and thought oh

DLR Bridge
06-15-2015, 04:54 PM
Cersei pulled off her walk of shame uhhh, pretty well I'd say, no?

I thought it was funny when this guy :flasher: hopped in front of her. She's gonna have the mountain rip some people to pieces next year.

vandeleur
06-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Yeah people are saying it was stunt double at points as the bod isn't the same in 300.
I just thought wow it's been a while since 70's bush was trendy :)

Seshmeister
06-15-2015, 08:24 PM
The past two were two back to back large budget episodes.

Sunday is my birthday and all I want is to see something awful happen to Stannis and or Ramsay Snow.

Notice they didn't show much of the battle.

I know half his army had deserted but does that mean that it was still smaller than the Ramsay one before that because they were totally outnumbered?

Seshmeister
06-15-2015, 08:35 PM
Yeah people are saying it was stunt double at points as the bod isn't the same in 300.
I just thought wow it's been a while since 70's bush was trendy :)

I was going to point out that 300 was 9 years and a kid ago but apparently there was a body double.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-walk-shame

DLR Bridge
06-15-2015, 09:21 PM
Notice they didn't show much of the battle.

I know half his army had deserted but does that mean that it was still smaller than the Ramsay one before that because they were totally outnumbered?

I wrote that prior to this episode. Was referring to the battle with the white walkers in ep. 8 and the arena scene in Meereen in 9. Both of those couldn't have been cheap, due to both actual filming and CGI. They do a sensational job of marrying both together, too.

Seshmeister
06-15-2015, 09:42 PM
There were some weird things about the arena scene. It looked cool I think in part because it wasn't all CGI that is a real arena they used.

http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Invitation.jpg

The problems were what the fuck has happened to the unsullied who used to be these 10 000 super elite troops and now seem to be a dozen pretty crap guys and secondly when she got on the dragon the CGI went to shit and suddenly we were back at sub Christopher Reeve Superman.

DLR Bridge
06-15-2015, 10:11 PM
Yeah, as far as the "real" goes in the arena, it did seem like the extras were all following a bizarre arena exit pattern. Their flee in pandemonium resembled speedy controlled chaos instead. (How's that for nit-pickery?)

I've seen a few memes on FB comparing the unsullied to the wussiest of Star Wars storm troopers. I say their one click above the Iraqi soldiers. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of them fled by slipping on a gold mask.

Seshmeister
06-17-2015, 07:26 AM
The justification for the Sansa jump?

vandeleur
06-17-2015, 08:36 AM
That's mental , which crazy fucker thinks cool I'll go first am sure this will work.

private parts
06-17-2015, 09:24 AM

My theory is that the "King of the White Walkers" will resurrect ole Jon Snow after he comes across the Wall. He seemed very intrigued by Jon's fighting skills.

Seshmeister
06-17-2015, 10:44 AM

Possible but tiny Kit Harington is claiming he's finished.

Maybe he goes into his dog thing.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-jon-dies-interview/article_2218403

vandeleur
06-17-2015, 11:47 AM
Yeah but we weren't expecting " yeah am coming back , by the way you do know I kill the boss bad guy in the next book "

Seshmeister
07-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Hmm...

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2015/jul/22/kit-harington-spoiler-alert-hes-still-got-long-hair-and-now-hes-in-belfast

Guitar Shark
07-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Finally a way for Sesh to be useful. Pop down there and give us a report.

Seshmeister
07-22-2015, 10:28 PM
Finally?

You fucker! :)

I'll be over there next month but it's unlikely I'll notice the little guy.

I've read a couple of interviews where he came across as a vain asshole so if I'm stuck at that fucking airport again in the bar and he's there I may have a story for you... :)

Seshmeister
04-25-2016, 08:02 PM
Good opener to season 6 I thought!

High Life Man
04-25-2016, 10:55 PM
The red woman had some nice knockers. Then some not so nice knockers.

vandeleur
04-26-2016, 10:21 AM
Seemed really busy , in a good way just loads happened.
And the red witch we have all pulled a bird and in the morning they must have taken off their necklace :)

vandeleur
04-26-2016, 10:22 AM
Tho I think we have seen the red witch naked without any jewellery before in a bath .

Seshmeister
04-26-2016, 12:09 PM
The red woman had some nice knockers. Then some not so nice knockers.

I was fine with that until I found out she wasn't using a body suit and it was a real woman...

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/04/game-of-thrones-red-woman-melisandre-body-double-old-age-transformation

http://media.vanityfair.com/photos/571e3a38f54f975736dbd546/master/w_900,c_limit/melisandre-body-double.jpg

Director Jeremy Podeswa takes you behind the scenes.
by

Joanna Robinson

This post contains frank discussion of Season 6, Episode 1 of Game of Thrones, titled “The Red Woman.” If you haven’t watched yet, now is your chance to leave.

So was that 39-year-old Dutch actress Carice van Houten playing the aged Melisandre in the final moments of Sunday’s Game of Thrones? As director Jeremy Podeswa has revealed, it was and it wasn’t. Much like they did with Cersei during the Walk of Shame last season, the Game of Thrones special-effects teams laid Van Houten’s face over a body double. Van Houten wore “prosthetic makeup for her face and hair”—that’s why the eyes matched—but the body was someone else entirely.

Podeswa doesn’t name (or age) the body double in question, but he did tell Entertainment Weekly, “I think the performance of both actresses helps making her look ageless. There was a question of whether we should add more effects to make [the body double] look older, but I think anything we could have done would have made them look less real. When doing a fantasy show—or a show with fantasy elements—the more you can anchor an effect to reality the stronger the illusion is.”

There’s a lingering debate over Melisandre’s real age (100? 400?) and Podeswa says Melisandre’s extended lifespan made the effect uniquely challenging. “The idea is there’s an indefinite indeterminate quality that she could be ancient,” Podeswa says. “We were limited by choosing to use a real person rather than a complete CG creation. Because what does a 400-year-old person look like? We don’t know. So if you try to create that, then you’re creating something that looks beyond our known reality. Here you feel like she’s very old without putting a number on it.”

http://media.vanityfair.com/photos/571d788ff54f975736dbd17d/master/w_690,c_limit/got-mel-old.gif

What’s intriguing about comparing this transformation to the body doubling of Lena Headey in Season 5 of Game of Thrones is the sexual politics involved. There was some fan pushback when an actress over a decade younger than Headey, with a runway-ready figure, took on the harrowing walk last year. In doubling, the show didn’t push any of the boundaries the naked body of Cersei—a mother of three whose diet consists mostly of red wine—might have had had they used a body more similar to the one described in the books. (Though that scene pushed plenty on its own.)

But Game of Thrones blew right past those boundaries Sunday night by displaying something very rare: a naked elderly women. As Podeswa puts it, “At that moment, it’s a telling gestural thing to do. She’s questioning her power and ability to proselytize. She’s at her lowest point, looking at the mirror and her true self. It’s a sign of her frailty. You’re seeing her at her most vulnerable moment.”

Van Houten herself echoes Podeswa, saying, “It’s changing and I really like it. We see her from a really different side of her now. We see somebody whose whole belief system is tumbling down. She’s completely confused, and I really like to play that. After all the security and strength and pride, now we see something completely different. I’ve been really waiting for this moment.”

Will Melisandre stay the old version of herself? Season 6 promotional photos indicate that she won’t.

Seshmeister
04-26-2016, 12:14 PM
Tho I think we have seen the red witch naked without any jewellery before in a bath .

There are theories...

How significant was the necklace?

Yes, we all know accessorising is important – but was Melisandre’s ruby necklace really the key to her “charm”?

Because of the way the scene played out on screen – and the fact that the character’s metamorphosis took place directly after she removed her jewellery – many viewers initially assumed that Melisandre’s necklace must be the source of her youth-spell. We’ve also previously seen the jewels glow when she performs magic, again suggesting that the necklace is linked to the character’s ability to maintain her glamour.

Some viewers, however – especially those with a good memory for van Houten’s nude scenes – have pointed out that, back in season four, we saw Melisandre in a bath, not wearing the necklace, holding a conversation with Stannis’s wife Selyse (Tara Fitzgerald).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/tv/2016/04/25/melisandrebath-large_trans++NJjoeBT78QIaYdkJdEY4CoAIUdy9xCcHhT-P0TfFWWo.jpg

On the face of it, this suggests that wearing the rubies isn’t an intrinsic part of the enchantment.

But a year ago, one fan posted an irresistibly intriguing theory about the scene – suggesting that, during it, Stannis’s wife Selyse may have been seeing Melisandre’s true self.

“Selyse has this strange expression the entire time,” wrote Reddit-user brashendeavours. “Like she cannot look directly at Melisandre yet also cannot look away.

“At first you think it is that of a religious "uptight" person seeing a naked and very sexual woman. But if you rewatch the scene, and "pretend" to yourself that Selyse is seeing Melisandre as she actually appears, it actually fits better. WE still see the seductress, Selyse sees the hag. She is horrified yet fascinated and not at all shocked. She knew all along (just like she knows the true fate of her daughter), Melisandre explains she does not need to use her ‘tricks’ on the true convert (Stannis is NOT a true convert but his wife is).”

High Life Man
05-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Lots of death tonight. The part with the dogs was brutal.

Good stuff.

Seshmeister
07-26-2017, 09:12 AM
A handy interactive map although since these days all the characters seem to have fucking teleporters and the ravens are faster than email I'm not sure if there is much point.

https://quartermaester.info/

It does at least explain how the battle at the end of the last episode happened...

Seshmeister
07-31-2017, 10:25 PM
The big question about S07E03.

Are we meant to think Cersei stuck her finger in during the Jamie blowie? You have the question in the previous scene about whether she likes it, then you see her hand go around and a cutaway to his expression...

vandeleur
08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
That's what you took from ep3 ... lol

The three episodes have been really good.

Seshmeister
08-03-2017, 09:15 AM
You have to be careful to avoid spoilers on GOT at the moment as apparently the web is full of them - I don't even watch the trailer for the next weeks show.

A little thing to note from episode 3 - watching magic tricks any movement that seems to serve no purpose often does. In good script writing the same can apply. I thought it was odd that the maester guy wouldn't know how long the longest winters were. seems like one of the first things you would learn when you got that gig. This guy doesn't and answers that he will go look it up since 'Maester Luwin kept a copy of every ravens scroll'. At that point Sniffmafinger is in shot and reacts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__GYWMsEcGI

It would seem like a decent chance that looking through the scrolls he finds evidence of dirty dealings by SLFinger.

Also people are claiming that's his dagger, the one associated with the assassination attempt on Branflake in this pic of Aryan.

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/593582e429fc2c6405bcc5dc/master/w_690,c_limit/got-dagger.gif

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/59357a5b29fc2c6405bcc5d8/master/h_606,c_limit/ew1468_as_782872366721.jpg

vandeleur
08-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Good spot with the little finger glance , yeah you have to avoid the internet for crazy theories ;)

vandeleur
08-03-2017, 12:22 PM
The new credits are different it looks like the water is frozen around the wall ....... probably I don't know I like it but in a superficial way ........ I understand internal logic etc but I can't get my knickers in a twist when a show about dragons gets slated about how long it takes to travel places.
It's pretty to look at and I steal it off the internet so to me it's worth every penny :D

Seshmeister
08-03-2017, 09:04 PM
So you have no opinion on the ass fingering thing?

vandeleur
08-04-2017, 04:56 AM
It made me chuckle

Seshmeister
08-04-2017, 01:23 PM
Stolen HBO script online...

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20525211_746902188827560_8037970764968738374_n.png ?oh=5c8cccddd66e294e2f7105c813e206bc&oe=59FF4934

Seshmeister
08-09-2017, 10:13 AM
Episode 4 had it's moments but it looks as though we are going to have to wait a while to get a solid answer on the whole finger plot line.

Seshmeister
08-09-2017, 10:50 AM
https://youtu.be/w39HqtxKV98

vandeleur
08-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Episode 4 had it's moments but it looks as though we are going to have to wait a while to get a solid answer on the whole finger plot line.

Think when he asked him if she liked it it was just banter :D

vandeleur
08-09-2017, 05:27 PM
I thought it was obviously revealing when bran indicated he knew everything the finger had said , but fuck bran is a bit shit ..... he is like some stoner.
Arya is becoming very cool , and I wanna see someone photo shop a bit of blue paint on sir Davos to show he did the paintings...... it's a bit of ooooooh it must be true moment :biggrin:

vandeleur
08-24-2017, 08:14 PM
Really good episode this week, this shit must cost a fortune to make. The whole season has been class. If you can chill ya shit about all the how fast people travel when it suites and dont get all empire strikes back is good but return of the jedi is too far fetched on it.

vandeleur
08-24-2017, 08:15 PM
Bran is the night king........ Ive convinced myself.

Seshmeister
08-24-2017, 09:49 PM
So the special prostate massage knocked her up?

There are so many angry millennials on the internet who treat this franchise like it's a series of holy books who are moaning like fuck plus there apparently is a very accurate spoiler synopsis of the whole season out there which has proved to be correct so be careful reading too much about this weeks episode.

Why anyone would rather read bullet point spoilers of a series rather than just watch the fucking thing and enjoy it is bizarre to me.

When these idiots watch a movie do they fast forward to the end, watch the last 5 minutes and then go back to the start?

That said there were at least 4 silly plot holes in the last week but it's good enough fun. The explanation that just about works is that the Night King guy had a Bran style vision of him killing a dragon and bringing it back and so his actions were all setting up a trap.

Once you realize that Daenerys calling the dragons her children is exactly like a spinster calling her cats her children it changes the tone a bit. She's really not a very good actor either which is also something once you notice it, becomes distracting.

All in all it's all a lot more Hollywood movie than it used to be now it's less Martin, 7 guys go on a mission and the 6 main ones come back is not Ned Stark execution/red Wedding brutal at all.

DONNIEP
08-24-2017, 10:03 PM
The only reason I know anything about GOT is from obtuse references on South Park. Apparently there are lots of penises flopping around and years of waiting for some dragons. Sounds gayer than Hells to me...

vandeleur
08-24-2017, 10:14 PM
The only reason I know anything about GOT is from obtuse references on South Park. Apparently there are lots of penises flopping around and years of waiting for some dragons. Sounds gayer than Hells to me...

Its tits and bush all the way bud ...not your thing really. As for dragons , loads of dragons ,more dragons than you can shake a magic stick at.

vandeleur
08-24-2017, 10:18 PM
So the special prostate massage knocked her up?

There are so many angry millennials on the internet who treat this franchise like it's a series of holy books who are moaning like fuck plus there apparently is a very accurate spoiler synopsis of the whole season out there which has proved to be correct so be careful reading too much about this weeks episode.

Why anyone would rather read bullet point spoilers of a series rather than just watch the fucking thing and enjoy it is bizarre to me.

When these idiots watch a movie do they fast forward to the end, watch the last 5 minutes and then go back to the start?

That said there were at least 4 silly plot holes in the last week but it's good enough fun. The explanation that just about works is that the Night King guy had a Bran style vision of him killing a dragon and bringing it back and so his actions were all setting up a trap.

Once you realize that Daenerys calling the dragons her children is exactly like a spinster calling her cats her children it changes the tone a bit. She's really not a very good actor either which is also something once you notice it, becomes distracting.

All in all it's all a lot more Hollywood movie than it used to be now it's less Martin, 7 guys go on a mission and the 6 main ones come back is not Ned Stark execution/red Wedding brutal at all.

I like it better now than in the old basil exposition episodes, as for plot holes I dont let it spoil it, mostly lol

I must fess up to getting all involved when some one at work mentioned John Snows sword with the wolf head opened its eyes when he was in the water. Hey am an ambulance chaser .

Seshmeister
08-24-2017, 10:51 PM
Its tits and bush all the way bud ...not your thing really. As for dragons , loads of dragons ,more dragons than you can shake a magic stick at.

Seems that for whatever reason the more dragons you get then the less tits and bush.

vandeleur
08-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Seems that for whatever reason the more dragons you get then the less tits and bush.

Its brexit effecting the exchange rate.... I remember when a dragon got you plenty of bush.

Seshmeister
08-24-2017, 10:57 PM
I must fess up to getting all involved when some one at work mentioned John Snows sword with the wolf head opened its eyes when he was in the water. Hey am an ambulance chaser .

That one at least has been debunked.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4306323/jon-snows-sword-did-not-come-to-life-says-game-of-thrones-director-who-claims-it-must-be-magic

vandeleur
08-24-2017, 10:58 PM
Tyrion has had less great lines this season , his funnies have been delivered by Bron and the hound... Especially the top knot gag

vandeleur
08-24-2017, 11:02 PM
That one at least has been debunked.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4306323/jon-snows-sword-did-not-come-to-life-says-game-of-thrones-director-who-claims-it-must-be-magic

It looks like water landed on the hilt,

The sun tho ?!?!?!??!!?

vandeleur
08-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Ok that episode was shite ..... nah it was class.
It was totally rock n roll.
Although waiting 10 years for the next season will be a kick in the cunt.

Seshmeister
08-28-2017, 09:58 PM
Yeah they brought it together well.

I was wondering why Bronn says to Podrick lets go for a beer while the posh people talk that maybe it was a trap.

Only remembered afterwards that Bronn used to fuck Cersai in real life and it ended really badly so they can never be on set together. :)

hain23x
08-29-2017, 06:43 AM
I had almost had it with all the "I'm the 3 eyed raven" talk until he finally connected everything for John

Littlefinger going down was classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vandeleur
08-29-2017, 09:08 AM
Yeah they brought it together well.

I was wondering why Bronn says to Podrick lets go for a beer while the posh people talk that maybe it was a trap.

Only remembered afterwards that Bronn used to fuck Cersai in real life and it ended really badly so they can never be on set together. :)

I did wonder about the bronn cersai thing knowing that hedley hates her ex and won't be anywhere near him.
Thought how they gonna do this .

Seshmeister
08-29-2017, 10:25 AM
New 7 part YouTube series on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMEvkqF84LY

Full Bug
08-29-2017, 11:37 AM
Was disappointed they only did 7 episodes this year, when last year there was 10, whats up with that?
Looked into it, it gets worse, as next year in will only be six, damm...
http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/03/heres-why-game-of-thrones-next-series-is-three-episodes-shorter-6358750/

Seshmeister
08-29-2017, 12:32 PM
Originally this was going to be the final season but then they split it into two because they couldn't fit everything in, Breaking Bad kind of did the same thing.

Seshmeister
04-17-2019, 09:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1WGZMuChQ4

Seshmeister
04-28-2019, 10:49 PM
Have all the GOT watchers at Roth Army left or died?

That was intense tonight....

FORD
04-28-2019, 11:46 PM
Some of us are still catching up. Didn't actually start watching the damned thing until this year, but at least these short seasons (10 episodes or less) are letting me catch up. Knocking out a season per week, and just finished Season 5, so at this rate I should be caught up to the current season before it ends. So that means I'm backing out of this thread before I read any spoilers... :bolt:

High Life Man
04-29-2019, 12:08 AM
Have all the GOT watchers at Roth Army left or died?

That was intense tonight....

Good stuff. Some people are bitching about it - I liked it. Some really great moments.

Seshmeister
04-29-2019, 12:11 AM
Some of us are still catching up. Didn't actually start watching the damned thing until this year, but at least these short seasons (10 episodes or less) are letting me catch up. Knocking out a season per week, and just finished Season 5, so at this rate I should be caught up to the current season before it ends. So that means I'm backing out of this thread before I read any spoilers... :bolt:

Ah lucky you Season 6 is great.

Seshmeister
04-29-2019, 12:22 AM
Good stuff. Some people are bitching about it - I liked it. Some really great moments.

Yeah I'm seeing quite a lot of internet bitching, I thought it was really good.

It's funny the things that annoy you, the teenage wargamer in me was furious about the dumb set up of the defensive forces and tactics. You would never put cavalry in the front with your artillery in front of your infantry it makes no sense whatsoever.

There is a lot of whining about it being too dark, I would suggest turning up the brightness on your TV or turning off the lights in the room - problem solved. Not enough beloved characters dying is another common one which seems a bit of an odd request although I admit I did think a few others would have went. The ongoing obsession people have with the wolf thing continues to the point that it seemed like this show was an actual fuck you to those people, why would it be in that first charge?

I'm really trying not to spoil at this point. :)

Seshmeister
04-29-2019, 07:15 PM
For the record spoilers now at Season 8 Episode 3 although it's best not to say anything too obvious especially in the first line of your post as that appears on the preview window on the main page.

Anyhoo there was something familiar about Aryas move last night and here is the foreshadowing from season 7.

https://youtu.be/9bI6h_9K4s0

Seshmeister
04-29-2019, 07:54 PM
Official doc on S08E03

http://www.hbo.com/video/game-of-thrones/seasons/season-8/episodes/3/videos/s8-ep-3-inside-the-episode

Seshmeister
04-30-2019, 09:51 AM
There is a lot of whining about it being too dark, I would suggest turning up the brightness on your TV or turning off the lights in the room - problem solved.

Ok I was talking shit here - the problem was more to do with compression and bandwidth of the streaming. I watched in the dark first time around on a computer monitor, second time around on the TV it was more problematic. Plus I'm watching in the UK with 100 MB/sec feed, I'm guessing a lot of US viewers may not have that.

Good article here on it all https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/29/why-did-last-nights-game-of-thrones-look-so-bad-here-comes-the-science/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_cs=tAndKsLeBz00C9hPXWDLWg

Main recommendation seems to be switch OFF all your TV's inbuilt features and effects.

private parts
04-30-2019, 12:01 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I watched on good ole fashion cable and it looked pretty good to me. It was more of the "fog" and smoke that made it harder to see, but I read that was intentional to keep viewer disoriented as if you where there.
Thought it was EPIC and on the other hand disappointing. Not ready for the end of the NK just yet and was hoping for some more back story on him.
And to make it even more memorable, a couple of more deaths. I really didn't think anyone was going to get out alive.

High Life Man
05-06-2019, 12:38 AM
So, anyone have any theories on how this is going to wrap up in the next two weeks?

Why do I have a feeling that Jamie has been a spy the entire time and will revert back to Cersei's side when it comes down to it?

Dany, following in her dad's footsteps, goes mad?

Seshmeister
05-06-2019, 03:37 PM
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

How about the main people Jon, Dany, Cersai etc all die and the newly restored Gendry Baratheon ends up king?

Not impossible...

Seshmeister
05-06-2019, 06:56 PM
The interwebs quite excited about spotting a Starbucks coffee on GOT...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D53iVg1XoAMBlLD.jpg

twonabomber
05-06-2019, 07:37 PM
So, anyone have any theories on how this is going to wrap up in the next two weeks?

An asteroid hits Earth and wipes out all humans.

The end.

Seshmeister
05-06-2019, 07:38 PM
Spoilers up to S08E04

Brienne interview

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/05/gwendoline-christie-brienne-jaime-interview/

Seshmeister
05-09-2019, 10:44 PM
A fairly harsh review of S08E04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di-jpyU8_JE

Seshmeister
05-09-2019, 11:07 PM

How about the main people Jon, Dany, Cersai etc all die and the newly restored Gendry Baratheon ends up king?

Not impossible...

I think Jon Snow will still be standing at the end but refuse to become king and go back up north to hang out with his wolf and Tormund hopefully calming down some of the more hysterical viewers who seemed to be having a heart attack about him not saying goodbye to Ghost properly.

Definitely will be a showdown between The Hound and The Mountain (Cleganebowl).

They are obviously setting up Daenerys to go crazy burning shit up, killing a bunch of people including I'm guessing Varys for treason and have to be taken out maybe by Jon.

The latest fan theory is that Drogon (fucking ridiculous name for a dragon) has had babies because it was missing during season 4.

GOT is getting increasingly silly and you have to ignore a lot more than fucking coffee cups(Kings Landing has moved inland?) but I still expect a big spectacle in episode 5.

private parts
05-10-2019, 10:37 AM
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think The Hound goes to kill The Mountain and is saved at the last second by Arya

I think Jamie kills Cersie as she is about to kill Tyrion. He loves his brother more than his evil sex sister.

Jon Snow dies.. He has died before but now Melisandra is not around to bring him back this time. His dragon has died and his wolf has left him,
AND he has told everyone that he is the rightful king. All foreshadowing his death.

Daenerys takes the throne.

Mark it down.

Seshmeister
05-12-2019, 10:23 PM

I think Jon Snow will still be standing at the end but refuse to become king and go back up north to hang out with his wolf and Tormund hopefully calming down some of the more hysterical viewers who seemed to be having a heart attack about him not saying goodbye to Ghost properly.

Definitely will be a showdown between The Hound and The Mountain (Cleganebowl).

They are obviously setting up Daenerys to go crazy burning shit up, killing a bunch of people including I'm guessing Varys for treason and have to be taken out maybe by Jon.

The latest fan theory is that Drogon (fucking ridiculous name for a dragon) has had babies because it was missing during season 4.

GOT is getting increasingly silly and you have to ignore a lot more than fucking coffee cups(Kings Landing has moved inland?) but I still expect a big spectacle in episode 5.

Well that got pretty fucking dark. I'm doing not too bad on the predictions so far....

Seshmeister
05-12-2019, 11:14 PM

A lot of unhappy Daenerys fans upset on the internet.

My understanding of this whole thing is that a few years back when it was clear the books weren't going to keep up with the TV show there was a meeting with the show runners and George RR Martin told them how it all worked out so to get there now it needs to go back from their writing to his so was bound to get darker. Again I thought episode 5 had a lot of good stuff in it, there is a pretty big problem that I don't think they did quite enough to show the transformation of Daenerys which doesn't sit right. If you read history though like a lot of stuff in the show that upsets millennials, raping and killing was the default situation when a city was taken in the middle ages...

It's all a bit rushed which is a shame but it's still event TV and a solid 8/10.

Seshmeister
05-14-2019, 10:32 AM
This guy liked it less again... :)

https://youtu.be/uhyhQ8J7gRo

Seshmeister
05-19-2019, 10:15 PM

Hahaha

What a fucking mess this turned into - it's almost going to be worth the disappointment of the the terrible job they made of it to watch the internet explode. :)

I do feel a little bit sorry for the hundreds of people on the staff that weren't writers who did a great job but ironically will be burned.

Seshmeister
05-19-2019, 10:39 PM

I bailed on Lost after one season because I thought they were taking the piss so have never seen a finale disaster I was invested in. The Sopranos I was confused for 24 hours before concluding it was perfect, unfortunately I don't think this is going to happen this time.

I feel a great disturbance in the Force if these guys are about to produce the next 3 movies. :D

Seshmeister
05-19-2019, 10:58 PM

It was so terrible I think this is going to become a new trope, when people spill their drink they will 'close a Game Of Thrones'.

My guess is that people are going to be even more angry about Bronn deciding the new king than the 2 minute conversion from Jon loving Dany to a bit of casual stabbing.... :D

Seshmeister
05-20-2019, 05:45 PM

It was so terrible I think this is going to become a new trope, when people spill their drink they will 'close a Game Of Thrones'.

My guess is that people are going to be even more angry about Bronn deciding the new king than the 2 minute conversion from Jon loving Dany to a bit of casual stabbing.... :D

On second watch it wasn’t that bad. Also I got mixed up Bronn didn’t appear until later. I still didn’t understand why he was there - Tyrion couldn’t and didn’t need to honour their agreement.

Tyrion plus the Dany speech I guess just about justified the stabbing.

Questions remain like where did all those Dothraki come from after being wiped out and where did they go after the stabbing?

Who was doing Danny’s hair?

twonabomber
05-20-2019, 09:30 PM
I am laughing at all the stories complaining about this last season. "HBO should have spent more money!" "The writers (whatever)!" "It's TOO DARK! Can't see ANYTHING!" Everyone's a fucking expert. I don't even watch the show but I loves me some negativity.

Just think if there was Interwebs during all the major TV "events." Who Shot JR? Bobby Ewing's dream? Last Seinfeld? Fucking go outside! lol

Seshmeister
05-20-2019, 09:40 PM
It's ridiculous and last night I had a few drinks and allowed myself to be drawn into the bubble of social media negativity who today are now complaining about almost invisible (but not quite) bottles of water you can spot in one scene if you pause it 10 times. At the same time ignoring that every episode in this season has had a bunch of great scenes and images in it.

The writers are being hung out to dry not just on social media but also in mainstream newspaper pieces accusing them of being shitty writers forgetting they wrote about 60 of the episodes of the most popular TV show of recent times.

Then you have the people signing petitions wanting it remade to make it suit the fans better. As was pointed out by someone online, 'Did these people ever read or see Stephen Kings Misery because they are now that woman.'

Mistakes were made but overall it remained a good show with spectacular moments.

It makes you wonder how differently this would have gone down before mass social media. I'm sure academic papers are being written about the weird effect of interactive internet fandom. I've pointed out before that this forum is often way more negative about a bit of recent work by DLR than a YouTube comments section and it seems to be the same thing with hardcore GOT fans.

Seshmeister
05-20-2019, 09:45 PM

Tyrion plus the Dany speech I guess just about justified the stabbing.

Although there is the fairly big plot hole that Jon, Arya and Tyrion wouldn't have understood what she was saying in the speech since they didn't speak the lingo. :)

Seshmeister
05-20-2019, 09:47 PM
Emilia Clarke interview.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/19/game-thrones-finale-interview-emilia-clarke/

twonabomber
05-20-2019, 09:48 PM
As for the GOT writers making Star Wars movies...I think Kathleen Kennedy will keep them in line.

But really, can it be any worse than anything Lucas wrote?

twonabomber
05-20-2019, 10:44 PM
And I forgot...locals were pissed off. There was an electrical problem in town that took the power down right about 9 pm. Didn't go out at work, but I saw some bitching on the local FB groups.

Power wasn't restored in a couple neighborhoods until this morning.

private parts
05-21-2019, 11:03 AM
The writers are being hung out to dry not just on social media but also in mainstream newspaper pieces accusing them of being shitty writers forgetting they wrote about 60 of the episodes of the most popular TV show of recent times.

Unreal. Every major review seemed to think it was the worst thing ever filmed since "Gigli". I liked it. After reading some of the reviews, I get that there where some holes in the plot and that it seemed rushed. They really should have dragged it out to 10 episodes to do it justice. Night King should have lasted at least another episode. And in order to to take Bran seriously as the new King, he needed another episode to do something really relevant.

I'm still a huge fan of this show. Can't wait for my short term memory issues to kick in so I can start from the beginning all over again.

twonabomber
05-21-2019, 07:01 PM

So now there are complaints about the title "Broken," and AOC and Elizabeth Warren are bitching that (SPOILER!) a woman didn't get the throne.

Unreal.

Seshmeister
05-22-2019, 10:13 AM

Broken did strike me as a bit harsh though. :D

Not Bran the all seeing, or Bran the wise - they define him by his disability. :)

It's like that old joke.

So a man walks into a bar, and sits down. He starts a conversation with an old guy next to him. The old guy has obviously had a few. He says to the man:

"You see that dock out there? Built it myself, hand crafted each piece, and it's the best dock in town! But do they call me "McGregor the dock builder"? No! And you see that bridge over there? I built that, took me two months, through rain, sleet and scoarching weather, but do they call me "McGregor the bridge builder"? No! And you see that pier over there, I built that, best pier in the county! But do they call me "McGregor the pier builder"? No!"

The old guy looks around, and makes sure that nobody is listening, and leans to the man, and he says:

"but you fuck one sheep..."

private parts
05-22-2019, 11:22 AM

So now there are complaints about the title "Broken," and AOC and Elizabeth Warren are bitching that (SPOILER!) a woman didn't get the throne.

Unreal.

Go read any review online from a female MSM critic and they all start on the "Game of Thrones is unfair to women". "GOT setback women's rights".
And worse in my opinion, I've come across two reviews that mentioned the lesson GOT tries to teach is that we cant have fascists and evil kings like Trump ruling over the people
like we have today.

vandeleur
05-22-2019, 02:19 PM
The problem seemed to be set up the plot for series and then not finish it. There are major story threads that were just left. It like these guys hadnt watched the previous 7 series.
Looked pretty tho ffs.
It was style over content , it reminded me of the big bang episode about amy spoiling indiana jones when she points out he makes no impact on the outcome of the movie.

private parts
05-22-2019, 02:58 PM
The problem seemed to be set up the plot for series and then not finish it. There are major story threads that were just left. It like these guys hadnt watched the previous 7 series.
Looked pretty tho ffs.
It was style over content , it reminded me of the big bang episode about amy spoiling indiana jones when she points out he makes no impact on the outcome of the movie.

Agreed. There were so many great characters and story lines that they could have run this show for a couple of more years. They killed off 10 major characters in the last 3 episodes just to get to the end of the story.
Definitely rushed.

vandeleur
05-22-2019, 04:20 PM
But to be fair am an Newcastle united fan so this isnt the first disappointing season I have had to watch.

Seshmeister
02-13-2021, 11:55 PM
Watching S8.3 The Long Night again.

The final season had some problems but fuck it really is maybe the best 80 minutes of TV ever made...