PDA

View Full Version : L Harvey You Are A Madman

jacksmar
05-13-2014, 10:00 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/may/11/kettle-falls-5-case-tests-marijuana-laws/

‘Kettle Falls 5’ case tests marijuana laws
State-licensed defendants face harsh federal charges

Washington state’s permissive marijuana laws have been on a collision course with the federal government’s total ban for years.

That collision could occur this summer in a Spokane courtroom as the federal government seeks convictions and stiff mandatory prison terms against the members of an Eastern Washington medical marijuana cooperative being called the Kettle Falls 5.

Marijuana advocates familiar with the case say a conviction would have serious implications statewide, not just for medical users but for the new recreational marijuana industry being licensed by the state to grow, process and sell the drug all over Washington.

The five defendants won’t be allowed to argue they were obeying state laws on medical marijuana, or even mention it to the jury, U.S. District Judge Fred Van Sickle ruled last week, citing several precedents. That raises the prospect that if federal drug officials decide to arrest recreational marijuana growers, they also won’t be able to claim they were following state laws as a defense.

And federal officials won’t need aerial searches, like the one that turned up the Kettle Falls 5 garden, to find recreational marijuana grows. The locations will be listed on public documents filed with the state Liquor Control Board.

Top Justice Department officials have said the federal government will refrain from prosecutions in states that have legalized some form of marijuana, providing those operations are not involved in any of eight key activities such as selling to minors, using a state-sanctioned marijuana operation as a cover for other illegal activity, funneling money to organized crime or moving drugs across state lines. They also want to keep violence and guns out of marijuana operations and keep them off federal lands.

The Kettle Falls 5 defendants say they weren’t involved in any of the eight activities federal officials have flagged. Yet they are charged with multiple drug felonies, including two that carry mandatory sentences totaling 10 years.

Officials from the U.S. attorney’s office in Spokane and the Justice Department declined to comment because the case is ongoing and the jury trial was to start Monday until a last-minute continuance on Friday moved the trial to July 28. Current and former prosecutors say the silence puts them at a disadvantage because information could come out in trial that casts the case in a different light.

:littlebong:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Pot meets kettle

:hee:

FORD
05-13-2014, 11:09 PM
They arrested 5 people in Kettle Falls?

Shit, that's about half the population. Probably had to shut down the whole town.......

cadaverdog
05-14-2014, 12:27 AM
The Feds need to mind their own business. If I decide to start smoking pot again I still won't get a medical marijauna card. I don't trust those bastards one bit. I'm not about to add my name to the list of pot smokers in California so they can throw my ass in jail again.

FORD
05-14-2014, 12:53 AM
They probably did this in some backwater one horse town like Kettle Falls exactly so they could get away with it. I'm ashamed to admit I hadn't ever heard of the case before tonight. It hasn't made the media on this side of the Cascades. I'm actually surprised it made the Spokane paper.

I doubt they could have gotten away with a bust like this on the west side of the state since the state law changed. Right now, these assholes are banking on the fact that the state is dragging their ass on getting the retail weed sales and licensed growers up and running around here. It's a damn disgrace considering Colorado passed their law on the same election day and got their system up and running quickly, in an arguably far more conservative state. :(

Nitro Express
05-14-2014, 01:50 AM
With the US Federal Government now being an oligarchy. People no longer trust it. They have been locked out of the system by the big money. You are going to see more states rights issues coming up. Everything from legal marijuana, public land management, school curriculums ect... People are realizing the states need to put the federal government back into it's proper place. Heck the US federal government even has lost it's friends overseas. Nobody trusts the US Government anymore.

ELVIS
05-14-2014, 09:35 AM
Nobody trusts the US Government anymore.

Amen to that...

Wake up sheep, and stop smoking the weaponized marijuana...

FORD
05-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Weaponized marijuana??

Oh, I can't wait to hear the Alex Jones theory behind that...... :littlebong:

ELVIS
05-14-2014, 04:05 PM
The U.S. Army's Weed Weapon: A Paranoid But True Conspiracy (http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-us-armys-weed-weapon-a-paranoid-but-true-conspiracy/)

:elvis:

cadaverdog
05-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Weaponized marijuana??

What does it do, blow up when you light it? I've seen people stick a match head in somebody elses bongload and watched them explode into a coughing fit but I've never seen marijuana explode all by itself. My brain almost exploded when I smoked salvia. I'll never make that mistake again.

FORD
05-14-2014, 05:33 PM
The U.S. Army's Weed Weapon: A Paranoid But True Conspiracy (http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-us-armys-weed-weapon-a-paranoid-but-true-conspiracy/)

:elvis:

You do realize that "Cracked" used to be a clone of Mad Magazine, right? Not exactly known for hard hitting investigative journalism.

Interesting read, regardless, but who knows whether or not it's true. And doubtful that it has anything to do with the weed being used today.... any more than the acid I tried in 1991 had anything to do with the CIA laboratory who first invented the stuff in the 50s.

ELVIS
05-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Well...

I don't trust any of their BS...

cadaverdog
05-14-2014, 06:52 PM
You do realize that "Cracked" used to be a clone of Mad Magazine, right? Not exactly known for hard hitting investigative journalism.

Interesting read, regardless, but who knows whether or not it's true. And doubtful that it has anything to do with the weed being used today.... any more than the acid I tried in 1991 had anything to do with the CIA laboratory who first invented the stuff in the 50s.
LSD was first synthesized in 1938 by Albert Hoffman. At least you didn't say the BCE invented it but you're still wrong.

cadaverdog
05-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Albert Hoffman not only "invented" LSD he was the first guy that figured out what made magic mushroom magical. I bet he was a deadhead. He took the first acid trip too. He accidently absorbed some that got on his fingers. I wonder if he enjoyed it. Probably thought he was losing his mind.

FORD
05-14-2014, 07:42 PM
LSD was first synthesized in 1938 by Albert Hoffman. At least you didn't say the BCE invented it but you're still wrong.

They may not have invented it, but they tried to use it as a mind control agent.

FORD
05-14-2014, 07:46 PM
LSD is derived from the ergot fungus, which is why it's similar to mushrooms. Oddly enough, there used to be a pharmaceutical migraine headache medication made from ergot fungus. My mother took the stuff. She says she never "tripped" on it, but then she did swear one day that she saw Jesus Christ standing in the driveway outside the kitchen window, so who knows?

I tried a couple of the pills, and they didn't do nothing for me.

kwame k
05-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Various governments experimented with troops and LSD with hilarious results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLCzR34HfVQ

cadaverdog
05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
They may not have invented it, but they tried to use it as a mind control agent.
That's not the same as inventing it. I've done a bit of experimentation with LSD myself. Don't take multiple doses unless you like seeing shit like carpet made out of little snakes. It's a bit unsettling when you're trying to come down off six hits of acid.

cadaverdog
05-14-2014, 08:40 PM
LSD is derived from the ergot fungus, which is why it's similar to mushrooms. Oddly enough, there used to be a pharmaceutical migraine headache medication made from ergot fungus. My mother took the stuff. She says she never "tripped" on it, but then she did swear one day that she saw Jesus Christ standing in the driveway outside the kitchen window, so who knows?

I tried a couple of the pills, and they didn't do nothing for me.
Last time I took some pills that somebody else said gave you a good buzz I almost had a seizure. It was medicine for Epilepsy. If you take it and you're not epileptic you could have a siezure. I thought it was just the dry heaves from drinking too much when I started choking on my own tongue. I drove home about 75 miles gagging the whole way. You think there's not anybody up there looking out for you? There must be or I'd have been dead years ago. Either that or I'm one of the luckiest people alive.

FORD
05-14-2014, 08:41 PM
That's not the same as inventing it. I've done a bit of experimentation with LSD myself. Don't take multiple doses unless you like seeing shit like carpet made out of little snakes. It's a bit unsettling when you're trying to come down off six hits of acid.

I saw a cop's face melt into that of an actual pig. I'll never touch the stuff again, because that whole night was something I'd rather not ever live again.... but I'm not even getting into that story :headlights:

cadaverdog
05-14-2014, 08:50 PM
I saw a cop's face melt into that of an actual pig. I'll never touch the stuff again, because that whole night was something I'd rather not ever live again.... but I'm not even getting into that story :headlights:
I saw a buddy freak out on acid in the grocery store around Thanksgiving once. He saw the turkeys dancing.

cadaverdog
05-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Not sure how this got turned into an LSD thread but while were on the subject. The salvia I smoked was like taking 10 hits of acid at once and tripping balls for 5 minutes. After I came down I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. I don't recommend that shit to anyone.

FORD
05-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Last time I took some pills that somebody else said gave you a good buzz I almost had a seizure. It was medicine for Epilepsy. If you take it and you're not epileptic you could have a siezure. I thought it was just the dry heaves from drinking too much when I started choking on my own tongue. I drove home about 75 miles gagging the whole way. You think there's not anybody up there looking out for you? There must be or I'd have been dead years ago. Either that or I'm one of the luckiest people alive.

Yeah, I believe that..... because the first time I took acid, it was a much better experience than the second time referenced above. Only problem was, this took place in Portland, and after tripping all weekend and not sleeping, me and the girlfriend both had to work on Monday, so we had to drive home.

I do not remember anything between Longview and Chehalis. That's an hour's worth of freeway. I wasn't driving. She wasn't driving. "Jesus Take The Wheel" meant something to me long before it became a cheesy country song by some American Idol manufactured teen bubble gummer. :drive:

ashstralia
05-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Cafergot is the anti migraine drug. It's a vaso constrictor, has caffeine and ergotamine. All it did for me was give me muscle cramps.

FORD
05-14-2014, 10:14 PM
Cafergot is the anti migraine drug. It's a vaso constrictor, has caffeine and ergotamine. All it did for me was give me muscle cramps.

Surprised to hear they still make it actually. My mom took that stuff in the early 80s. Don't think she ever got muscle cramps from it, but her migraines used to be so bad she wouldn't get out of bed, so the muscles weren't being used very much on those days.

She doesn't have those headaches anymore so damned if I know what was causing them. I've often wondered if the aspartame-sweetened diet soda might have had something to do with it, though she never had more than one a day, and probably less than three a week, so that's not exactly heavy use.