PDA

View Full Version : How many dead kids can you fit in a septic tank?

Seshmeister
06-05-2014, 08:04 AM
800 babies buried in septic tank at Irish home for unmarried mothers

http://newsbcpcol.stb.s-msn.com/amnews/i/3b/dfb72976c1a3f37c3a1f28d37d3bcf/_h353_w628_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg

Almost 800 babies and children were buried in a mass grave in Ireland near a home for unmarried mothers run by nuns, according to new research Wednesday which throws more light on the Irish Catholic Church's troubled past.

Death records suggest 796 children, from newborns to eight-year-olds, were deposited in a grave near a Catholic-run home for unmarried mothers during the 35 years it operated from 1925 to 1961.

Historian Catherine Corless, who made the discovery, says her study of death records for the St Mary's home in Tuam in County Galway suggests that a former septic tank near the home was a mass grave.

The septic tank, full to the brim with bones, was discovered in 1975 by locals when concrete slabs covering the tank broke up.

Until now, locals believed the bones mainly stemmed from the Great Irish famine of the 1840s when hundreds of thousands perished.

St Mary's, run by the Bons Secours Sisters, was one of several such 'mother and baby' homes in early 20th century Ireland.

Thousands of unmarried pregnant women -- labelled at the time as 'fallen women' -- were sent to the homes to have their babies.

The women were ostracised by the conservative-Catholic society and were often forced to hand over their children for adoption.

Health issues and problems associated with the homes have long been documented. As far back as 1944, a government inspection report of the Tuam home described some of the children as "fragile, pot-bellied and emaciated."

The recently discovered death records for St Mary's show the 796 children died from malnutrition and infectious diseases, such as measles and TB.

Conservative Catholic teaching at the time denied children of unmarried parents baptism and therefore burial in consecrated lands.

The home was knocked down many years ago to make way for new houses, but the area around the unmarked mass grave has been maintained by locals.

A fundraising committee has now been formed and it is hoped that a memorial will be built with all the names and ages of the children displayed.

The Archbishop of Tuam Michael Neary said he would meet leaders of the Bons Secours Sisters to assist with the memorial.

Meanwhile, Archbishop of Dublin Diarmuid Martin said that if a public inquiry into the 'mother and baby' homes in Ireland was not established then a social history project was necessary.

Martin also said he supports "excavating what may be unmarked graves" at these sites.

A junior government minister has called for an inquiry to be established and the issue is expected to be discussed at cabinet.

The development is a yet another damning disclosure of a Church-run institution in Ireland following almost countless revelations of abuse and neglect at Catholic-run schools or institutions in recent decades.

© 2014 AFP

ELVIS
06-05-2014, 10:12 AM
The Catholic, err catholic church is not a church...

It's a corrupt, political, worldly organization of lies, cover-ups child rape, murder and blasphemy...

I wouldn't be the least surprised if they dug up 800 more...

Sickening, isn't it ??

I'd be willing to wager that most global warming scientists are catholic...;)

Seshmeister
06-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Most Christians are catholic...

Never was
06-05-2014, 12:09 PM
In the US most "christians" are not actually catholic (I am catholic and Irish but have not killed any babies yet).
I agree Elvis the catholic church is corrupt political organization. I would argue almost all forms of organize religion church, synagogue, etc... are man made structures designed for their own interest. Actually religion itself are the teachings, lessons, and faith embedded in it. The organizations are no better or worse than most man made organizations and hence capable of some very evil shit in the name of insert deity here. Man made groups do things for man made reasons.

Teachings of most religions have a strong a connection and similarity in message if you remove ritual from the equation. Unfortunately most organized churches are busy on ritual and proclaiming that their goofy hats and chants make them closer to god than your goofy hats and chants. Ritual, and organization have little to do with actual religion which is merely a label slapped on for righteous self interest.

Never was
06-05-2014, 12:15 PM
And the Tuam story being news is odd as I lived and still have a house 4 blocks away from St. Mary and the grave yard was well known locally back in the 70's.

Any officials who say this is a surprise are liars or never have set foot in Tuam, I go with liars

ELVIS
06-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Most Christians are catholic...

Maybe in your pickled cranium, but not in reality...

A person is not a Christian just because they call themselves one...

vandeleur
06-05-2014, 12:28 PM
A person is not a Christian just because they call themselves one...
Seems harsh , you got to take an exam ?

Never was
06-05-2014, 12:33 PM
The more someone says they are so religious they usually are not.
Kinda like the guy that keeps saying it is not about the money, hold onto your wallet because this shit is about the money.

ELVIS
06-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Seems harsh , you got to take an exam ?

No, only God knows your heart and what really makes you tick...

It has nothing to do with anything else...

ELVIS
06-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Kinda like the guy that keeps saying it is not about the money, hold onto your wallet because this shit is about the money.

Replace religious with Liberal and you got something there...;)

Kristy
06-05-2014, 03:49 PM

I'd be willing to bet most Louisiana backwoods hicks are racist, uneducated and chronically unemployed living on welfare bags of shit.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jbI_QYDUD7o/TlmBb63mTvI/AAAAAAAAH24/ndnSiWb2DOk/s1600/hillbillies-with-guns.jpg

ELVIS
06-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Louisiana doesn't have hills, idiot...

So, are those your Krusty parents ??

Which one's Steve ??

Kristy
06-05-2014, 05:25 PM
If only you took the energy from all your retarded post and retorts into looking for a job.

Seshmeister
06-05-2014, 06:17 PM
And the Tuam story being news is odd as I lived and still have a house 4 blocks away from St. Mary and the grave yard was well known locally back in the 70's.

Any officials who say this is a surprise are liars or never have set foot in Tuam, I go with liars

That is weird you being from there.

The story that's been spun is that people thought they were famine victims until now.

Seshmeister
06-05-2014, 06:24 PM

It's interesting that studies show that Christians are worse tippers than non believers and Jews.

http://tippingresearch.com/uploads/ChristianTippersJASPaccepted.pdf

ELVIS
06-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Here's a tip...

Stop drinking...

ELVIS
06-05-2014, 07:43 PM
The story that's been spun is that people thought they were famine victims until now.

What Pope signed off on that BS story ??

I'm sure the locals are aware of the truth...

vandeleur
06-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Pope goes the weasel :)

Seshmeister
06-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Here's a tip...

Stop drinking...

Here's a tip, get a life. :)

Seshmeister
06-05-2014, 07:59 PM
So do you give good tips ELVIS, given you never gave Sarge a donation in all those years I suspect not?

ELVIS
06-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Sometimes I do, sometimes not...

Sarge didn't need my money and neither do you...

What you need is more posters like me, but too bad...

The site seems to be on it's last hurrah, and I'm soon to be off the net for good anyway...

I don't like the idea of my words being used against me at some point...

Cheers!

:elvis:

DONNIEP
06-05-2014, 08:17 PM
You're not going anywhere. If you left, who would they argue with?

Nickdfresh
06-05-2014, 08:18 PM
The Catholic, err catholic church is not a church...

It's a corrupt, political, worldly organization of lies, cover-ups child rape, murder and blasphemy...

I wouldn't be the least surprised if they dug up 800 more...

Sickening, isn't it ??

Oh look at this dumb hick all high and mighty now! His mindless superstition is better than your mindless superstition!

Nickdfresh
06-05-2014, 08:21 PM
So do you give good tips ELVIS, given you never gave Sarge a donation in all those years I suspect not?

;) Nailed it!

ELVIS
06-05-2014, 08:21 PM
BTW...

You can't measure a Christian with a worldly yardstick...

And shaddup Dickforbreath...

Nickdfresh
06-05-2014, 08:23 PM
No, only God knows your heart and what really makes you tick...

It has nothing to do with anything else...

God knows you're a condescending, vain, arrogant, & judgmental prick...

ELVIS
06-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Good...

Seshmeister
06-05-2014, 08:25 PM
BTW...

That's very convenient I can see why you've incorporated it into your version of religious superstition.

ELVIS
06-05-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm not vain though...

Don't project your insecurities on me, fag...

Nickdfresh
06-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Good...

He also told me to tell you to get a job!

ELVIS
06-05-2014, 08:27 PM
That's very convenient I can see why you've incorporated it into your version of religious superstition.

It's not convenience, it's truth...

Seshmeister
06-05-2014, 08:28 PM

If a fascist government ever came into power they would put you on a list of potential supporters.

You're just worried they might hit you for a party donation... :)

ELVIS
06-05-2014, 08:28 PM
He also told me to tell you to get a job!

I don't a need a job, working stiff...

And leave Krusty's schtick alone...

Jesus Christ
06-05-2014, 08:35 PM
It's interesting that studies show that Christians are worse tippers than non believers and Jews.

http://tippingresearch.com/uploads/ChristianTippersJASPaccepted.pdf

Yikes!

Thank Dad I'm Jewish! :jesuslol:

Jesus Christ
06-05-2014, 08:36 PM
BTW...

Verily.....

But ye can measure them by whether or not they keep My teachings.

Nickdfresh
06-05-2014, 08:49 PM
I don't a need a job, working stiff...

And leave Krusty's schtick alone...

Oh course! You have public assistance!

And euuwwwhhhhh!

ELVIS
06-06-2014, 12:49 PM
But ye can measure them by whether or not they keep My teachings.

A man of God can measure another Christian by the fruits of their labors, only...

The world can't see it...God has blinded their eyes...

Read the Bible, faux jesus...

ELVIS
06-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Yikes!

Thank Dad I'm Jewish! :jesuslol:

Jesus does not have a religious denomination...

That's again, of the world...

The seed of God is a spiritual seed, not flesh...

FORD
06-06-2014, 01:12 PM
A man of God can measure another Christian by the fruits of their labors, only...

The world can't see it...God has blinded their eyes...

Read the Bible, faux jesus...

You're seriously arguing over the content of the Gospels with JESUS???? :headlights:

ELVIS
06-06-2014, 01:16 PM
You're delusional...

Do you also talk to FROD in the mirror ??

FORD
06-06-2014, 01:17 PM

Jesus lived as a Jew. He attended synagogue, He observed the religious holidays - the "Last Supper" was actually a Passover Seder. He knew Jewish teachings better than the Pharisee rabbis did, and accepted the title of rabbi Himself from His followers. So it's fairly ridiculous to say He was not Jewish.

They didn't call him "King of the Southern Baptists", did they?

ELVIS
06-06-2014, 01:19 PM
You're full of it...

"You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

I'm on the side of truth, FROD...

You're on the side of using Jesus to fit your political agenda...

Nitro Express
06-06-2014, 01:19 PM

Actually Jesus did away with the old Jewish law. He was born into the jewish faith but then said he came to fulfill the law and the temple system and sacrifices ended. He also predicted the destruction of Herod's temple.

I always like the fuck with the Mormons by asking them,"You believe Jesus did away with the Law of Moses?" They will always say yes. Then I ask them why they are building temples. Jesus stated the body is the temple.

Oh religion is fun and nothing is funner than destroying a faith with their own scriptures. Of course like politics. You can have all the proof and win all the arguments and you will never convince a brainwashed person into believing otherwise. In fact, the more you discredit them, the deeper they dig in and the more entrenched they become.

ELVIS
06-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Actually Jesus did away with the old Jewish law.

No he didn't...

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

FORD
06-06-2014, 01:24 PM
You're delusional...

Do you also talk to FROD in the mirror ??

Only once in a while. But at least I don't try to tell the Son of God that I know the Gospels better than He does.

Nitro Express
06-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Jesus lived as a Jew. He attended synagogue, He observed the religious holidays - the "Last Supper" was actually a Passover Seder. He knew Jewish teachings better than the Pharisee rabbis did, and accepted the title of rabbi Himself from His followers. So it's fairly ridiculous to say He was not Jewish.

They didn't call him "King of the Southern Baptists", did they?

Jesus was calling out the corrupt Jewish Hierarchy. Like religion today, they turned it into a business. Passover had become a big money making scheme and the temple had been turned into a bank. So Jesus fashioned a whip and ran the money changers out.

It wasn't the Romans who gave Jesus his death sentence. It was the jews. It was also the jews who chased him out of the synagog and tried to set him up.

Jesus was a rebel rebelling against what he saw as Jewish corruption.

ELVIS
06-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Only once in a while. But at least I don't try to tell the Son of God that I know the Gospels better than He does.

YOU'RE NOT JESUS

I don't try to tell the Son of God anything...

I listen to Him...

Nitro Express
06-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Sometimes I do, sometimes not...

Sarge didn't need my money and neither do you...

What you need is more posters like me, but too bad...

The site seems to be on it's last hurrah, and I'm soon to be off the net for good anyway...

Cheers!

:elvis:

Render unto Caesar that which is Caesars.

ELVIS
06-06-2014, 01:36 PM
I'm not in debt to Caesar...

Nitro Express
06-06-2014, 01:40 PM
My sister lived in Peru. They found baby skeletons underneath a Catholic church there as well. The Catholic church has a long record of atrocities. That being said there are very good people who are members of that faith. I mean the Vatican is a complicated organization. It may very well feed the hungry or it might rape your child. I think it's history shows the darkness outweighs any good it's done. I kind of see it as the local mobster who shakes down the neighborhood buying the 4th of July fireworks. LOL!

Nitro Express
06-06-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm not in debt to Caesar...

Caesar is the Federal Reserve Bank. As a taxpayer you are in debt for about $1.1 million. So unless you renounce your US citizenship or we nationalize the FED and write off the debt. Yup. Caesar Warburg, Rohschild, and Rockefeller say you owe them.

ELVIS
06-06-2014, 01:46 PM
No, that's incorrect...

Caesar was not the leader of a corrupt world banking system that lends money to a government and then charges the interest on the backs of sheep and the sheep's children...

Nitro Express
06-06-2014, 01:53 PM
No, that's incorrect...

Caesar was not the leader of a world banking system...

In his day he was. Not only that, he was to be viewed as a god. There was religious freedom in the Roman Empire as long as you also worshiped the emperor as a god. The temple in Jerusalem had also become a banking enterprise. It had a vault that you could keep deposits in for a fee. At passover time when everyone came into Jerusalem they sold sacrifices. If you were a rich show off jew you bought a red heifer. If you were a poor jew you bought a turtle dove.

Passover had turned into one big money making wank fest and that's why Jesus threw the big tirade. He also was the altimate sacrifice and chose the passover time to fulfill the law. There is a lot of symbolism in the final days of Jesus story. Jesus was the umblemished calf to be sacrificed to pay for Adam's fall.

Jesus atonement is all about paying off our debt as sinners. After the fall of Adam, humanity was in debt and because we aren't perfect only Jesus could repay it. That is the base of the story. It's all about debt.

Nitro Express
06-06-2014, 02:00 PM
No, that's incorrect...

Caesar was not the leader of a corrupt world banking system that lends money to a government and then charges the interest on the backs of sheep and the sheep's children...

You were either a slave or a citizen in Rome. There was slavery under Caesar and the Federal Reserve System is debt slavery.

It's interesting to note the word BANK comes from the family name DeBanco. It was at this family's bench that trading was done in Venice when it was an important world trading center. The DeBancos later became the Warburgs.

Some of these old European banking families claim to be related to the caesars who ruled Rome. Interesting enough one of the organizations where these people meet is called the Club of Rome. Then of course the vatican is the last reminants of the roman empire. The vatican bank of course possibly is the place to launder and store funny money.

Things haven't changed that much. Once we get people fighting to the death at The Staples Center we are there again!

ELVIS
06-06-2014, 02:55 PM
It's all about debt.

Yes...

God paid each and every one or sin debts with the life of His Son...

Nitro Express
06-06-2014, 03:53 PM
The big question is who was the debt paid to? God is omnipresent and already owns everything. Maybe Jesus was the child he couldn't stand. LOL!

ELVIS
06-06-2014, 04:29 PM
I kinda doubt that...:)

Seshmeister
06-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Render unto Caesar that which is Caesars.

Do you think when the Emperor Constantine decided that having a state religion to reduce the amount of fighting it's possible he got that line inserted?

If I was him I definitely would have.

He was after all the guy that set up the Council of Nicea which decided what was in the bible.

Means, motive, opportunity...

ELVIS
06-09-2014, 12:06 PM
That's why God can't trust you...

Seshmeister
06-09-2014, 03:08 PM
The voices in your head can't trust me?

Do you mumble that to yourself each time I post more facts that don't fit with your fantasy belief system?

ELVIS
06-09-2014, 03:15 PM
What facts are those ??

That carbon dioxide and cholesterol are bad ??