PDA

View Full Version : UK Parents Arrested Because Their Child Is Obese

ELVIS
06-07-2014, 10:35 AM
InfoWars (http://www.infowars.com/could-it-happen-here-uk-parents-arrested-because-their-child-is-obese/)

A couple has been arrested by police on suspicion of cruelty and neglect of their obese child.

A 49-year-old man and a 44-year-old woman, from King’s Lynn in Norfolk, were questioned by officers over the child’s care and released on bail.

Police said intervention at this level was “very rare” and only occurred where other attempts to protect the child had been unsuccessful.

A spokeswoman added police were working with health and social services.

The Sun reported the couple’s 11-year-old son is 5ft 1in (1.5m) and 15 stone (210 pounds), with a body mass index (BMI) of 41.8.

It alleged that concerned teachers and doctors prompted intervention by social services and then police.

Police and Norfolk County Council said it would not discuss the “victim” or the circumstances of the case.

The couple was arrested in March on suspicion of child neglect and cruelty under section 1 of the Children’s Act 1933.

“When dealing with sensitive issues such as obesity and neglect of children, officers from the force’s Child Abuse Investigation Unit work closely with partners, significantly with both health care and social services, to ensure any response to address them are proportionate and necessary,” police said.

“Any action taken by any agency will be subject to a joint strategy and will always be taken with the welfare of the child and their protection from harm as paramount.”

Norfolk County Council spokeswoman said:

“Our priority will always be the health, well-being and safety of Norfolk’s children and we will always do all we can to support families to meet their children’s needs.”

:elvis:

binnie
06-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Quite right, too.

Obesity to that is extent is a form of child neglect, in my opinion. We're raising a generation of kids who are getting fatter and fatter, often through no choice of their own. It's never nice when the authorities intervene in family life, but I don't really see an alternative here.

ELVIS
06-07-2014, 12:17 PM
To what extent ??

binnie
06-07-2014, 12:23 PM
To what extent ??

I'm not sure to which part of my post you're referring. Sorry.

ELVIS
06-07-2014, 12:31 PM
You said obesity to that extent...

Defining childhood obesity is vague, to say the least...

So where's the cutoff, or how does the nanny state determine which children to snatch up ??

VetteLS5
06-07-2014, 04:04 PM
So where's the cutoff

I'm thinking somewhere well south of 5'0" and 210 lbs. I can only imagine what the parents resemble.

Nickdfresh
06-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Can someone arrest Alex Jone's parents for raising an obese asshole? Or Elbow's parents for raising a gullible fucktard?

ELVIS
06-07-2014, 07:08 PM
That's where this is leading, retard...

binnie
06-09-2014, 06:22 AM
You said obesity to that extent...

Defining childhood obesity is vague, to say the least...

So where's the cutoff, or how does the nanny state determine which children to snatch up ??

In an ideal world, we'd all like to think that parents would feed their kids correctly so that they wouldn't become obese. Not chubby, or slightly overweight, but obese. We'd also like to think that even if said parents fail in their duty, someone in the wider family - grandparent, aunt/uncle - would intervene and chastise them for it. But, sadly, this often doesn't happen. The result - in this exceptional case - is a very young child who's health is endangered through no fault of their own. No-one wants the state to step in, but sometimes it has too. The alternative is letting the kid get more and more obese, until they have serious health issues.

No-one would want this to be an everyday event, and the very fact it made front-page news here indicates how exceptional it is. In fact, the same newspapers who get irate about stuff like this are the same one's who berate social services for not stepping in sooner when something goes very wrong with children (i.e. they are abused/maltreated/killed).

Seshmeister
06-09-2014, 06:38 AM
I can see how this would worry the Infowars cult members... :D

BITEYOASS
06-09-2014, 07:24 AM

Believe it or not, the main source of media info for Alex Jonestown is the Daily Mail. Which is a Rupert Murdoch company. Here's a video from a YouTube ranter/comedian explaining how Alex Jones had this stupid notion that the UK banned the word girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZItnXebg8RY

binnie
06-09-2014, 07:37 AM

It worries me that an 11 year-old kid, who is a full foot shorter than me, is also 30lbs heavier.

Seshmeister
06-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Believe it or not, the main source of media info for Alex Jonestown is the Daily Mail. Which is a Rupert Murdoch company.

It's laughable that Infowars constantly rail against big corporations and the evil mainstream media but always use it's worst excesses as their news source. :)

fraroc
06-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Can Elvis just shut his fucking cunt up? Jesus Christ I have never seen such a whiny fucking hypochondriac in my life. I'm concerned about humanity's future too, but I'm not going to take every single thing and make a conspiracy theory out of it.

Seshmeister
06-09-2014, 10:15 AM
The other funny thing about these paranoid hypochondriacs is that they hate big pharmaceutical corporations and then buy vitamin supplements which are pointless for most people and the contents of which are unregulated. Even better most vitamin supplements are made by companies owned by... the same big pharmaceutical companies. :)

ELVIS
06-09-2014, 12:15 PM
You don't know shit about real vitamins and minerals...

You believe mainstream the garbage that dietary cholesterol and salt is bad and should be avoided...

So, within that estimation, combined with what's left of your pickled brain, you have no ability to reason...

vandeleur
06-09-2014, 12:20 PM
E explain some of what you have just said please .

ELVIS
06-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Bop...

Boze-de-boze-de-bop...

Se-de-bop...

vandeleur
06-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Coolio

fraroc
06-09-2014, 02:52 PM
Bop...

Boze-de-boze-de-bop...

Se-de-bop...

I ain't got nobody.

Nickdfresh
06-10-2014, 07:42 PM

You believe mainstream the garbage that dietary cholesterol and salt is bad and should be avoided...

So, within that estimation, combined with what's left of your pickled brain, you have no ability to reason...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/30/Alex_Jones_portrait.jpg/300px-Alex_Jones_portrait.jpg
I love cholesterol!!

Seshmeister
06-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Not to mention he looks about 10 years older than his age - hell of a health guru... :)

FORD
06-10-2014, 08:19 PM
I doubt that the supplements are what aged Jones. I would imagine it's all the hatred and rage he carries around.

That shit takes its toll on anybody. Look at that miserable bastard Brietbart, who dropped dead at 43 and looked like he was in his mid-60s.

Seshmeister
06-10-2014, 10:29 PM
I'm glad I'm such a happy camper. :)

binnie
06-11-2014, 04:07 AM

Not sure that I follow: are you suggesting that cholesterol is good for you?

ashstralia
06-11-2014, 05:18 AM
Possibly in the same way as some 100 year olds claim gin and cigarillos are the key to longevity. :)

Anonymous
06-11-2014, 06:22 AM
Not sure that I follow: are you suggesting that cholesterol is good for you?

You know what cholesterol is? You'd DIE without the stuff. TOO MUCH is bad for you, but that's exactly what that means, isn't it? TOO MUCH.*

Cheers! :beers:

*Source: Stephen Fry.

Anonymous
06-11-2014, 06:23 AM
I'm glad I'm such a happy camper. :)

Wait, are you admitting to being camp?

I knew it. Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu!!!

Seshmeister
06-11-2014, 06:46 AM
Possibly in the same way as some 100 year olds claim gin and cigarillos are the key to longevity. :)

Yeah my grandfather smoked from the age of 7 to 96.

Although all his pals did the same and died 30 or 40 years earlier, some had their legs cut off first too. Best to have a look at the statistics rather than trusting the anecdotes.

I feel the same about the American dream, all those people who appear on our TV screens saying 'look at me all you need to do is work hard and you too can go from nothing to super successful, just believe in yourself.'

All the people that do that and don't succeed are never interviewed, social mobility statistics show America and the UK are now some of the most difficult places to live the American dream...

ashstralia
06-11-2014, 07:31 AM
His mates died 30 or 40 years earlier?

Very small sample size, and no one can verify veracity.

Nice!

Seshmeister
06-11-2014, 08:18 AM
I don't know what I'm trying to say and I'm definitely not one of those ex smoker anti smoking types, that's a horrible hypocritical character trait. :)

I do think I'm onto something with the American Dream hypothesis though, just needs fleshed out a bit.

Anonymous
06-11-2014, 08:33 AM
I do think I'm onto something with the American Dream hypothesis though, just needs fleshed out a bit.

Just like a proper Elvis cuntspiracy! Or just a plain cuntspiracy, there's really no need for Elvis' particular - and admittedly interesting - brand of lunacy.

ELVIS
06-11-2014, 11:48 AM
I don't know what I'm trying to say...

That's because you're intellectually dishonest...

Angel
06-11-2014, 12:13 PM
That's because you're intellectually dishonest...

:lmao: Thanks for the laugh.

FORD
06-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Apparently ELVIS has a new definition of "dishonest"......

dis·hon·est
adjective \(ˌ)dis-ˈä-nəst also (ˌ)diz-\

: saying or likely to say things that disagree with Alex Jones

: containing information that contradicts Alex Jones' bullshit

ELVIS
06-11-2014, 12:28 PM
You have it as well...

The ends justifies the means in your agenda driven fantasy world...