PDA

View Full Version : Buh-Bye, Eric Cantor !!!

Va Beach VH Fan
06-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Buwahahahahahahaha.......

I've seen enough, it's over. Sitting Majority Leader of the House, Rep. Eric Cantor (R), has lost his primary to Prof. Dave Brat (R) #VA07— Dave Wasserman (@Redistrict) June 10, 2014

Va Beach VH Fan
06-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Could Eric Cantor lose his seat in Congress? With 75% reporting, conservative challenger Dave Brat is ahead by 12% pic.twitter.com/SX2l0O2Rni— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) June 11, 2014

FORD
06-10-2014, 08:25 PM
A teabagger named "Brat"?? Now there's truth in advertising! :biggrin:

I can't believe that Cantor hasn't called in the Karl Rove Diebold team to "fix" this yet........

FORD
06-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Boner's probably celebrating already. Cantor's been planning to knife him in the back for years. Guess not now, huh Eric? :lmao:

Va Beach VH Fan
06-10-2014, 08:30 PM
A teabagger named "Brat"?? Now there's truth in advertising! :biggrin:

I can't believe that Cantor hasn't called in the Karl Rove Diebold team to "fix" this yet........

It's a bit surprising that he lost to a Tea Partier... The VA 7th district basically runs from Northern Virginia south to near Richmond.... It's not like that district is out in western VA hillbilly country where Wrning lives.... ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
06-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Yes, you read that right. No sitting House Majority Leader has lost since 1899.— Emily Cahn (@CahnEmily) June 11, 2014

FORD
06-10-2014, 10:37 PM
From last week's HuffPo.......

To The Editor:

There was a time not so long ago when the South was called “The Solid South” by the national Democratic Party and the national press. The Republican Party in the South was, where it existed at all, historically on “the disabled list.” The two-party system in the South was “The Democrats who were in, and the Democrats who were out.”

So the action was in the Democratic primary, where the eventual winner was inevitably coronated. So that was where Democrats voted, where Republicans voted, and where independents, libertarians and everybody else voted. The general election in November was an afterthought. It was, after all, a foregone conclusion that the Democrats would win. For many years in Virginia, that was most likely someone connected with the Byrd Machine.

With the shift to Southern Republicanism that began in the South in the 1970’s, the game has changed. But not all that much. Congressional re-districting (in which the inmates decide who is going to run the asylum) has resulted in Virginia having Congressional races for what are clearly “safe seats,” that is, seats drawn by the incumbents, of the incumbents, and for the incumbents. So the general election decision is made in the primaries. Unless there is an unexpected lightning strike, that is simply going to happen. It is the next thing to being disenfranchised.

But by voting for David Brat in the Seventh District Republican primary, we Democrats, independents, and Libertarians can make a big difference in American politics. It is your right to cast that vote. It is an “open” primary and it doesn’t preclude anyone from voting anyway they wish in November. It may be the only way to empower those who want to make a statement about the dysfunctional Congress and “politics as usual.”

From what I know of Dave Brat, he is a good, honest, and honorable man. And from what I know of Eric Cantor, I can say only that he ran a truly dishonorable campaign against me back in 2002. He ducked debates, slandered me in slick mailings, questioned my patriotism and even mocked my Southern heritage. He simply cannot be taken at his word. You can call that “sour grapes” if you want to, but I am just telling it the way it was, and surely is. I can tell you that you will likely hear the same thing from his other former opponents, both Republican and Democrat.

Under Cantor’s Majority Leadership, the Congress has sunk to its lowest public standing in history. Our nation has lost faith in our most important institutions. This is not a laughing matter. It is a national crisis. Eric Cantor should not be rewarded with another term.

Every 7th District voter, Republican, Democrat, Libertarian and Independent can take an historic action on Tuesday, June 10th. A vote for David Brat will be heard not just throughout Washington, D.C. but around the world.

Ben Jones
Washington, Virginia

Are Dukes of Hazzard reruns still that popular that people in Virginia would read this and know who the fuck he was??

Well..... apparently it worked :biggrin:

Seshmeister
06-10-2014, 10:40 PM
A fundie christian from Arthur Anderson - the Enron crooks?

I'm sure he'll flourish...

FORD
06-10-2014, 10:52 PM
A fundie christian from Arthur Anderson - the Enron crooks?

I'm sure he'll flourish...

Where did you see the Arthur Anderson stuff? All I can seem to find on this guy is that he's an economics professor at some school in Virginia that I never heard of. And that he's also a RandTard, which means I probably wouldn't like his economics class very much.

Well, at least it's an open seat now, so maybe the "Democrats" (and being Virginia, I use the term very loosely) can find somebody a little better than this guy or Cantor.

BITEYOASS
06-10-2014, 11:09 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK him! And now for my world's smallest violin solo. :fiddle:

Seshmeister
06-10-2014, 11:31 PM
Where did you see the Arthur Anderson stuff? All I can seem to find on this guy is that he's an economics professor at some school in Virginia that I never heard of. And that he's also a RandTard, which means I probably wouldn't like his economics class very much.

Here's his (pretty bland) Resumee.

http://faculty.rmc.edu/dbrat/BRAT2012-CV.pdf

FORD
06-10-2014, 11:58 PM
Ah well it looks like he was out of there by 1987, so at least he probably was free of any involvement in the ENRON scam.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-11-2014, 09:22 AM
You guys do realize that the Democratic primary winner, and the guy who will face Brat in November, IS ALSO A PROFESSOR AT THE SAME COLLEGE.....

Randolph-Macon is a small college just north of Richmond, about 100'ish miles from here....

http://wtvr.com/2014/06/11/two-randolph-macon-professors-square-off-in-race-after-cantors-loss/

Two Randolph-Macon professors square off in race after Cantor’s loss
POSTED 1:01 AM, JUNE 11, 2014, BY ALIX BRYAN, UPDATED AT 01:31AM, JUNE 11, 2014

ASHLAND, Va. — After the dust settled from Tuesday’s primary shake-up that ousted House Majority Leader Eric Cantor from the 7th Congressional District race, several interesting stories stood out among the rubble.

One is that the candidates who will face off on November 4 are both Randolph-Macon College professors.

Dr. David Brat (R., Va.), who was funded by Tea Party supporters, defeated Cantor; the first time in more than a century that a candidate has triumphed over a majority leader — a victory made even more exceptional because Brat won with only $200,000.

Dr. Brat also teaches economics at Randolph Macon; he joined the staff in 1996. His areas of academic specialization are listed as Macro Growth Economics, International Trade and Finance, Economic Methodology, and History and Ethics. His academic curriculum vitae indicates the he is currently working on a book project titled “Ethics as Leading Economic Indicator? What went Wrong? Notes on the Judeo-Christian Tradition and Human Reason.”

He has previously published works titled “God and Advanced Mammon – Can Theological Types Handle Usury and Capitalism?” and “An Analysis of the Moral Foundations in Ayn Rand.”

“It’s not about David Brat winning tonight, it’s about returning the country to its principles,” Brat said during his victory speech.

Dr. Jack Trammell, who accepted the Democratic nomination, is a Randolph-Macon College Assistant Professor and Director of Disability Support Services. He joined the college in 2000. Dr. Trammell earned his master’s and doctoral degrees from Virginia Commonwealth University. He recently authored a book titled “The Richmond Slave Trade: The Economic Backbone of The Old Dominion.”

Dr. Jack Trammell (D., Va.)
He has published several other books, including the “2010 Anthology of Appalachian Writers, Silas House Volume II” and “Down on the Chickahominy: The Life and Times of a Vanishing Virginia River.” He won a non-fiction literary award in 2009 for his Reflections of a Southern Gentleman Farmer, a collection of vignettes about life with his wife and children on his small farm in Louisa County, according to his academic profile.

In a statement distributed Tuesday night, Trammell said Cantor’s defeat proved that “Virginians are hungry for a radical change from the dysfunctional and reckless politics being practiced by those in Congress.”

“In the coming months, I look forward to a spirited campaign where can talk about the issues that matter to our community, and how we can get Congress re-focused on the priorities that truly matter to us,” he said.

“Randolph-Macon College is blessed to have remarkable faculty and staff members who are passionate about their students and about making significant contributions to our society.,” said Randolph-Macon College President Robert R. Lindgren. “We are proud of both DR. Brat and Dr. Trammell for their desire to serve our country and we wish them both the best of luck in November.”

Not that students alone will decide the election, but it seems like if they did, they would chose Trammel, who has a higher rating on Rate My Professor than Brat does.

Dr. Love
06-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Yes, you read that right. No sitting House Majority Leader has lost since 1899.— Emily Cahn (@CahnEmily) June 11, 2014

That's misleading - I think the House Majority Leader position was created in 1899. Meaning no sitting House Majority Leader has lost ever.

FORD
06-14-2014, 02:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsg046fv84Y

ELVIS
06-14-2014, 02:24 PM
And you're every bit as rabid anti-Christian as those 'tards with your partisan politic bullshit...

FORD
06-14-2014, 02:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TxCWbTqz9s

ELVIS
06-14-2014, 02:58 PM
So, are you knowingly or unknowingly proving my point ??

FORD
06-14-2014, 04:36 PM
No, these dipshits like Brat, Cruz, and Eddie Munster are proving MY point while running around claiming "God" this and "Jesus" that while embracing this literally anti-Christ RandTard doctrine.

ELVIS
06-14-2014, 04:39 PM
You don't seem to know what's anti-Christ...

FORD
06-14-2014, 04:41 PM
You don't seem to know what's anti-Christ...

RandTard Libertarianism is anti-Christ. According to Rand herself.

ELVIS
06-14-2014, 04:50 PM
Define RandTard Libertarianism...

ELVIS
06-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Please and nicely...

Not the bullshit version...;)

ELVIS
06-14-2014, 04:52 PM
I agree on Paul Ryan, BTW...

He's a catholic demon like Prick Sanatorium...

FORD
06-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Define RandTard Libertarianism...

A political ideology based on the serial-killer inspired fictional garbage novels of Ayn Rand, including "Atlas Shrugged" and "The Fountainhead".

ELVIS
06-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Hmmm...