PDA

View Full Version : 48 Killed in Terror Attack in Kenya - Gunmen spared Muslims

ELVIS
06-16-2014, 10:47 AM
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) (http://news.yahoo.com/48-kenyans-dead-witness-gunmen-spared-muslims-111827525.html) — Dozens of extremists attacked a Kenyan coastal town for hours, killing those who couldn't answer questions about Islam and those who didn't know the Somali language, officials and witnesses said Monday. At least 48 people were killed and two hotels were set on fire.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/International/AP_Kenya2_140616_DG_16x9_992.jpg

The assault in Mpeketoni began Sunday night as residents watched World Cup matches on TV and lasted until early Monday, with little resistance put up by Kenya's security forces. Cars and buildings still smoldered at daybreak.

Authorities blamed al-Shabab, Somalia's al-Qaida-linked terror group, who have vowed to carry out terror attacks to avenge the Kenyan military presence in Somali. Along with its Somali fighters, the group also has many Kenyan adherents.

Like the gunmen who attacked Nairobi's Westgate Mall last year, the Mpeketoni attackers gave life-or-death religious tests, a witness said, killing those who were not Muslim.

"They came to our house at around 8 p.m. and asked us in Swahili whether we were Muslims. My husband told them we were Christians and they shot him in the head and chest," said Anne Gathigi.

Another resident, John Waweru, said his two brothers were killed because the attackers did not like that the brothers did not speak Somali.

"My brother who stay next door to me were killed as I watched. I was peeping from my window and I clearly heard them speak to my brothers in Somali and it seems since my brothers did not meet their expectations, they sprayed them with bullets and moved on," said Waweru.

At the Breeze View Hotel, the gunmen pulled the men aside and ordered the women to watch as they killed them, saying it was what Kenyan troops are doing to Somali men inside Somalia, a police commander said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to share such details of the attack.

Kenya's top police commander, David Kimaiyo, said the death toll was 48. A police spokeswoman said authorities believe that several dozen attackers took part.

Mpeketoni is about 20 miles (30 kilometers) southwest of the tourist center of Lamu. Any tourism in Mpeketoni is mostly local, with few foreigners visiting the area. The town is 60 miles (100 kilometers) from the Somali border and 360 miles (600 kilometers) from the capital, Nairobi.

Kenya has experienced a wave of gunfire and explosive attacks in recent months. The U.S., U.K., France, Australia, and Canada have all recently upgraded their terror threat warnings for the country. U.S. Marines behind sandbag bunkers are now stationed on the roof of the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi.

The Interior Ministry said that at about 8 p.m. Sunday, two minivans entered the town. Militants disembarked and began shooting. Kenya's National Disaster Operations Center said military surveillance planes were launched shortly afterward.

Lamu is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is the country's oldest continually inhabited town. The region saw a spate of kidnappings of foreign tourists in 2011 that Kenya said was part of its motivation for attacking al-Shabab in Somalia. Since those attacks and subsequent terror warnings, tourism has dropped off sharply around Lamu.

At least 67 people were killed in September when four al-Shabab gunmen attacked an upscale mall in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi. Kenya sent its troops to Somalia in October 2011.

:mad2:

DONNIEP
06-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Ah, we just need more of Obama's "Muslim Outreach" to calm these savages down. Maybe if we just let em run wild all over Europe and Africa then they'll leave us alone.

Von Halen
06-16-2014, 04:02 PM
We should pick an uninhabited area, and make it a safe zone. Tell anybody that wants to live, to go there. Then level the rest of the shitholes, and anybody that stayed. Kill every last one of the hate breeding pieces of shit. Anybody gets out of line in the safe zone, execute them, until all the hate mongers are weeded out.

Or, just fucking make the whole lot of them extinct.

DONNIEP
06-16-2014, 04:07 PM
We should pick an uninhabited area, and make it a safe zone. Tell anybody that wants to live, to go there. Then level the rest of the shitholes, and anybody that stayed. Kill every last one of the hate breeding pieces of shit. Anybody gets out of line in the safe zone, execute them, until all the hate mongers are weeded out.

Or, just fucking make the whole lot of them extinct.

I think the first option would be too expensive and difficult to pull off. So I vote for option two.

Nitro Express
06-17-2014, 02:59 AM
There's a lot of so called muslims killing christians in Africa right now. Someone is trying to set off a religious war. What burns my ham is our own government supports some of these groups. They were killing christians in Syria and the US government was supporting them. Now there's talk of working with Iran regarding the situation in Iraq. Not too long ago we wanted to bomb Iran.

The more this shit goes on the more I'm convinced our country has gone completely insane. There is no leadership. Just a bunch of fucked up opportunists using the US assets for their selfish geo-political games.

Anonymous
06-17-2014, 05:57 AM
There's a lot of so called muslims killing christians in Africa right now. Someone is trying to set off a religious war. What burns my ham is our own government supports some of these groups. They were killing christians in Syria and the US government was supporting them. Now there's talk of working with Iran regarding the situation in Iraq. Not too long ago we wanted to bomb Iran.

The more this shit goes on the more I'm convinced our country has gone completely insane. There is no leadership. Just a bunch of fucked up opportunists using the US assets for their selfish geo-political games.

If it was only fucked up superstitious loonies killing the shit out of other fucked up superstitious loonies, I'd support them too. The less fucked up superstitious loonies running around poisoning other peoples' minds, the better.

Trouble is, fucked up superstitious loonies hate ANYONE who doesn't believe their fucked up superstition.

That means PEOPLE can get caught in their fucked up superstitious violence.

Cheers! :beers:

ELVIS
06-17-2014, 11:15 AM
That's really dumb...

Nitro Express
06-17-2014, 11:49 AM
If it was only fucked up superstitious loonies killing the shit out of other fucked up superstitious loonies, I'd support them too. The less fucked up superstitious loonies running around poisoning other peoples' minds, the better.

Trouble is, fucked up superstitious loonies hate ANYONE who doesn't believe their fucked up superstition.

Once someone's family member or friend gets killed in the looney toon escapades they want revenge. Ask anyone who fought in the front lines of any war at any time. World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, our escapades in the middle east. The answer is always the same. The politics no longer matters. You are just trying to survive. If your buddy gets killed you want some payback.

Human beings aren't that sophisticated. Adults still act like bullies and victims on the school playground. People don't care about issues they care about the paycheck. That's why the small minority who own the banks send the rest of us suckers to play in their looney toon geopolitical games. It's not about christianity. It's not about Islam. It's not about Judism. It's about securing the middle east because it's key real estate on the grand chessboard. The religion is for the people with the small minds. Hell for all I know the catholic church might have invented Islam to play factions off of each other.

It's why people who can't control their emotions never really control anything else in their lives.

Nitro Express
06-17-2014, 11:56 AM

Instead of war we should just have gladitorial games. The thing is it's not about the fighters. It's about the old men behind the curtain and they want assets. Water, oil, pussy, agricultural land, minerals, strategic locations ect. You don't get those things by letting assholes fight each other in the arena. You get them by having war and hey, you sell a lot more shit in a war. You get countries in debt by having wars. Bankers love war and that's who runs the world. Everyone else is just a subordinate. If you don't believe me burn your money and see how far you get in this modern world.

See Mark Twain showed the reality when Tom Sawyer got the other kids to paint the fence for him and not only did he get people to paint the fence for him they paid him to do it. Tom Sawyer is the 1% who control most everything. Now is Tom brilliant or are the rest of humanity stupid? Just get them arguing partisan politics and religion. Stir up some racial hatred and not only will they paint the fence. They will kill each other and you can make money off that too.

It's got to be damn fun being Tom Sawyer counting the loot and not only watching the fence painting but watching the motherfuckers kill each other and selling both sides the weapons to do it with. Hey I forgot about the cocaine. Well maybe another day.

Anonymous
06-17-2014, 11:58 AM
Once someone's family member or friend gets killed in the looney toon escapades they want revenge. Ask anyone who fought in the front lines of any war at any time. World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, our escapades in the middle east. The answer is always the same. The politics no longer matters. You are just trying to survive. If your buddy gets killed you want some payback.

Human beings aren't that sophisticated. Adults still act like bullies and victims on the school playground. People don't care about issues they care about the paycheck. That's why the small minority who own the banks send the rest of us suckers to play in their looney toon geopolitical games. It's not about christianity. It's not about Islam. It's not about Judism. It's about securing the middle east because it's key real estate on the grand chessboard. The religion is for the people with the small minds. Hell for all I know the catholic church might have invented Islam to play factions off of each other.

It's why people who can't control their emotions never really control anything else in their lives.

You've said it, Master Higgins. I'm afraid that anyone who doesn't agree with your post cannot call him/herself a well-rounded ADULT, but rather a child, no matter how old, who's still throwing tantrums whenever things don't go their way & clinging to naive, dangerous beliefs that have no place in the real world.

There has to be a time when you must stop looking for made-up symbolisms on how to live your life & start to get a grip on your emotions.

If after a lifetime you STILL haven't figured it out, then I'm sorry, but you're just a lost kid & you have no business having an opinion in grown-up matters.

Nitro Express
06-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Shakespeare said all the world is a stage. I would say the world is one big playground. It's no different than what went on during recess. In fact the politicians were the kids who were good a recess. They were the ones who would organize everyone into the little cliques and groups. Then you had the bullies. Then there were the kids who would start rumors and get the other kids to fight each other and just sit back and watch the fun. It was usually the kid who would steal shit and sell it on the playground as well. That was your future banker.

Anonymous
06-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Shakespeare said all the world is a stage. I would say the world is one big playground. It's no different than what went on during recess. In fact the politicians were the kids who were good a recess. They were the ones who would organize everyone into the little cliques and groups. Then you had the bullies. Then there were the kids who would start rumors and get the other kids to fight each other and just sit back and watch the fun. It was usually the kid who would steal shit and sell it on the playground as well. That was your future banker.

Bingo.

Nitro Express
06-17-2014, 12:22 PM
You've said it, Master Higgins. I'm afraid that anyone who doesn't agree with your post cannot call him/herself a well-rounded ADULT, but rather a child, no matter how old, who's still throwing tantrums whenever things don't go their way & clinging to naive, dangerous beliefs that have no place in the real world.

There has to be a time when you must stop looking for made-up symbolisms on how to live your life & start to get a grip on your emotions.

If after a lifetime you STILL haven't figured it out, then I'm sorry, but you're just a lost kid & you have no business having an opinion in grown-up matters.

Most people who belong to an organized religion belong because their family grew up in it. Successful long-term religions always stipulate members marry other members. It's how they keep the next generation in. Once you become part of the family structure you have it made as a religion. It's not about God and most people have no idea what they believe in. They don't think that deep. All they know is it's easier to stay in. It keeps the wife happy. Nobody at family reunions will hate your ass. Oh and you have too many customers who would be offended if you came out and said it was bullshit and you are leaving. It boils down to sex and dollars in the end. It always does. Pussy and loot. Anyone who says it's belief is usually bullshitting you. Why then do most people in groups parrot the same sayings? They didn't come up with it on their own. They were taught it or mimimick it. Usually the revolutionary is an outcast until of course their discovery does something useful and results in more dollars and pussy. Then he becomes accepted.