PDA

View Full Version : Danger Mouse Returns!

Seshmeister
06-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Tremendous News!

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/danger-mouse-to-return-with-new-series-on-bbc-9542367.html

Danger Mouse to return to TV with new series on BBC

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9542358.ece/binary/original/dangermouse.jpg

Danger Mouse is to be brought out of his 23 year retirement for a new high-tech series to air on CBBC next year.

The original Cosgrove Hall Films production, about a mouse working for the secret service and his bespectacled hamster assistant Penfold, ran between 1981 and 1992, shown on CITV in the UK and also proving a hit on Nickelodeon in the US.

The cartoon's original co-creator- Brian Cosgrove said he was "delighted" by the news.

"When I helped to create Danger Mouse I had no idea the show would be such a huge success both in the UK and overseas," he said.

"I am delighted that a whole new generation will be introduced to his daring deeds and thrilled to be part of this new 21st century series.

"I can't wait to find out what he's been up to for the last 23 years."

Rights owners Fremantle decided to revive the series on the BBC after it proved a popular part of CITV's Old Skool retro weekend.

"Danger Mouse is the last word in debonair and delightfully eccentric heroics and with Penfold at his side the much-loved duo will win over a whole new generation of fans," said Controller of CBBC Cheryl Taylor.

Danger Mouse's characteristic eye patch will get an update in the new series and become a multi-function 'i-patch'.

There is no word yet on whether David Jason will return to voice the titular hero.

vandeleur
06-17-2014, 10:47 AM
Isn't terry Scott dead ? Guessing they may re cast penfold :D

Anonymous
06-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Man, I love Danger Mouse. Not as much as the spin-off Count Duckula, of course.

THAT's what I would really, really love - whole new series' of Count Duckula, voiced by Del Boy & tons & tons more of those splendid hand drawn backgrounds.

Every scene was set not only on a beautiful painting, but a true masterpiece.

I hope we at least get some hand drawn backgrounds with the new Danger Mouse.

Cheers! :beers:

vandeleur
06-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Yeah danger mouse was good but count duckula was awesome

binnie
06-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Thinking about Dangermouse and Count Duckula make me smile. I LOVED those shows when I was a kid, and years later worked with a guy we called Penfold because he was so fucking useless and referred to everyone as 'chief'........... :D

vandeleur
06-17-2014, 03:42 PM
I had a mate who looked like penfold ... Everyone knows a side kick called penfold :)

Anonymous
06-18-2014, 06:46 AM
Guys, you don't have to rely on nostalgic memories, these days.

DVD Box Sets are dirt cheap.

Count Duckula - The Complete Collection (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Count-Duckula-Complete-Collection-DVD/dp/B001870VTE/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1403087994&sr=1-1&keywords=count+duckula)

£15.50 for ALL Count Duckula episodes is a deal you can't afford to miss.

The cartoons are every bit as good as they were back then & are perfect for those long winter nights, the rain outside, a bottle of brandy, leading up to a classic Hammer Horror Film.

Do it. You won't regret it!

ZahZoo
06-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Mighty Mouse kicked Danger Mouse's mouse ass...

Anonymous
06-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Mighty Mouse kicked Danger Mouse's mouse ass...

Did not!

vandeleur
06-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Fucking Mighty Mouse isn't even fucking real .... Gggrrrr :)

Anonymous
06-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Fucking Mighty Mouse isn't even fucking real .... Gggrrrr :)

Even if he was, he wouldn't sound like David Jason at all, so that right there cinches it.