PDA

View Full Version : Brian Johnson says it's likely AC/DC will tour this year

Seshmeister
06-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Brian Johnson says it's likely AC/DC will tour this year
Singer posted message to his car racing website

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/acdc/78024#ED4mdwyjdEs3ZIQC.99

http://www.nme.com/images/gallery/2012ACDC01PR010212.jpg.jpg

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson says it’s likely AC/DC will tour this year.

In a message posted to his Brian Johnson Racing website, the singer says his "day job" with AC/DC will be distracting him from producing more episodes of his TV series Cars That Rock for the time being.

Johnson writes: "We hope to bring you more shows in the near future but, of course, there is the slight distraction of my day job with AC/DC – and it looks very likely that we will be on the road again before the end of the year. So stand by for more music – and more Cars That Rock. thanks – Brian"

It was reported in April that founder member Malcolm Young would step down from the rock group due to ill health.

Rumours had circulated that the band might be forced to call it quits, but a statement published on AC/DC's Facebook page on April 16 said instead that Young will take a break from the group after four decades as a member.

"After 40 years of life dedicated to AC/DC, guitarist and founding member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health," it reads. "Malcolm would like to thank the group’s diehard legions of fans worldwide for their never-ending love and support. In light of this news, AC/DC asks that Malcolm and his family’s privacy be respected during this time. The band will continue to make music."

AC/DC formed in November, 1973. Their last studio album was 2008's Brendan O'Brien-produced 'Black Ice'.

ELVIS
06-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Hmmm...

Can't quite say I'm interested...

binnie
06-21-2014, 02:36 PM
I'll do my best to get tickets. They were quite hard to get hold of last time they toured the UK.

vandeleur
06-21-2014, 02:38 PM
To be honest I think they sit nicely into the see them Now you might not get another chance category .

Seshmeister
06-21-2014, 06:09 PM
Last time they toured the UK it was stadiums in the daylight.

I'm not interested in that.

If they did an arena tour I probably would go, I've never actually seen them live.

High Life Man
06-22-2014, 04:59 AM
I'm still a little pissed that BJ never finished his speaking tour a few years back. We had tickets and he canceled (I believe he got sick). I imagine listening to him tell stories for 90 minutes would have been awesome.

ashstralia
06-22-2014, 05:05 AM
Apparently the Brisbane show of the 'Black Ice' tour was epic!!

I'll leave it at that. :)

Anonymous
06-22-2014, 07:22 AM
Last time they toured the UK it was stadiums in the daylight.

I'm not interested in that.

If they did an arena tour I probably would go, I've never actually seen them live.

They're at that age where they want to be in bed by 7. You'll get there & then you'll wish more bands played at 4 PM.

Cheers! :beers:

Anonymous
06-22-2014, 07:30 AM
Personally, barring a new album - I hope not, but I'llbuy it anyways -, I'm quite done with AC/DC. But I think it's grate they're still out there giving people the chance to see 'em one more time, or, quite possibly, the first time.

I loved having the chance to see 'em in the Ballbreaker tour & the subsequent torrent of VHS/DVDs satisfied my need for "live" AC/DC quite nicely.

For me, AC/DC will be firmly in the past, where my nostalgia makes them Gods. Still one of my favourite bands, even if I haven't listened to any of their albums in quite a few years now. I listened so much when I was a retarded teen - now, there's a pleonasm - that I still remember the tracklist for every album.

AC/DC brought more happiness into my life than my right hand ever could. They're TEH B3ST!!!

Cheers! :beers: