PDA

View Full Version : Overrated guitarist acts like dickhole

Seshmeister
06-21-2014, 07:26 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-ents/music/review-eric-clapton-strops-off-stage-at-the-sse-hydro.1403387960

Review: Eric Clapton strops off stage at the SSE Hydro

Russell Leadbetter
Saturday 21 June 2014

There were remarkable scenes at the end of this abruptly-terminated concert, Eric Clapton's first in Glasgow in three years.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2014/6/1403387960-304.jpg

It had gone exceptionally well from the audience's point of view, with Clapton and his band, which included Andy Fairweather-Low and Paul Carrack, running through some blues standards and a handful of Clapton's own hits, such as Layla and Tears in Heaven.

Near the end though, as the band launched into JJ Cale's Cocaine, they had only got a minute or two into it before Clapton unslung his guitar and made his way off the stage. The rest of the band, seemingly taken by surprise, followed suit.

After two minutes, the musicians returned, Clapton saying briefly: "Sorry about that."

The band abandoned Cocaine and played what turned out to be the final number, High Time We Went, with Carrack taking vocals.

The song over, Clapton picked up his jacket and walked off stage without so much as a 'goodnight'.

As the house lights went up, there was a chorus of booing from the audience, who had paid around Ł60 each for their tickets.

It is not known what caused Clapton's strop though it may have had something to do with the sound. Some fans reported hearing an echo at the rear of the hall for parts of the show.

One confrontation near the mixing desk saw one male fan in a Clapton tour T shirt argue with a steward who asked him to quieten down.

Several fans at the venue spoke loudly of demanding a refund. Stewards had to deal with a large number of upset customers but were powerless to placate them.

It was a sobering and entirely unexpected end to what had earlier been a fine concert.

Its highlights had included Layla and Tears in Heaven, a great version of Crossroads, and Paul Carrack's soulful 70s chart hit with Ace, How Long?, complete with some brilliant Clapton soloing.

The energetic Scottish support act, Hunter and the Bear, had earlier described Clapton as "one hell of a headliner", and so it turned out.

It's just a shame that Clapton's dissatisfaction with a so-far unidentified problem should have taken the shine off it so decisively, and left many of his fans angry and disappointed.

One fan who was at the gig, Matthew Waddell, 18, posted on social media: "Absolutely disgraced at Eric Clapton for leaving the stage halfway through the set without word of warning or anything and for the Hydro for not saying WTF was happening!"

Another angry fan at the concert said: "I've been going to see this guy for 15 years and I've never seen anything like this.It's f***ing ridiculous that he should walk off the stage like that. It was real toys-out-of-the pram stuff."

A female fan in her 30s, who spoke with a Dutch accent, said she and her companion did not understand why a major star like Clapton should have terminated a concert so abruptly.

cadaverdog
06-21-2014, 07:40 PM
I used to think Clapton was a decent dude but about a month ago I saw an interview with Ginger Baker where Clapton and Baker said John Bonham and Keith Moon weren't in the same league with Baker. He's right. They were much better drummers. I don't think that's what they were implying though.

ELVIS
06-21-2014, 07:44 PM
Maybe it was the blower...

Nitro Express
06-21-2014, 08:00 PM
I used to think Clapton was a decent dude but about a month ago I saw an interview with Ginger Baker where Clapton and Baker said John Bonham and Keith Moon weren't in the same league with Baker. He's right. They were much better drummers. I don't think that's what they were implying though.

Ginger Baker was no second rate drummer. Bonham was hard hitting and Keith Moon was a showboating freak. All great drummers in their own right.

Seshmeister
06-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Maybe it was the blower...

Roth didn't storm off with no explanation after 75 minutes.

Clapton should have to refund the 12000 overpriced tickets.

Fucking prick, you have people paying babysitters, travelling miles so he can make a few hundred grand for 2 hours 'work' and he fucks off in a huff with no explanation.

Twat!

cadaverdog
06-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Ginger Baker was no second rate drummer. Bonham was hard hitting and Keith Moon was a showboating freak. All great drummers in their own right.
But those guys didn't say Baker wasn't in their league. He said they weren't in his and Clapton agreed.

ashstralia
06-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Mmyeah, silly people still pay to see a geriatric hack?
He probably filled his depends and just needed an 'intermission'.
:)

Kristy
06-21-2014, 09:02 PM
It's "MK Ultra Mind Control" Dumbellvis would know.

Kristy
06-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Mmyeah, silly people still pay to see a geriatric hack?
He probably filled his depends and just needed an 'intermission'.
Do people still pay to see INXS? Or Men At Work? Or that Minogue twat? I'd pay to see her hump a kangaroo.

ashstralia
06-21-2014, 09:11 PM
Nah, Colin Hay still plays. The people who go to see Kylie are generally poodle owners who enjoy 'musical theatre'.

Oi kristy, give us ya lighta!!! :biggrin:

Seshmeister
06-21-2014, 09:22 PM
I'd pay to see her hump a kangaroo.

Well who wouldn't? :)

Seshmeister
06-21-2014, 09:26 PM
You do know about the weird kangaroo sex shit...?

eg. Kangaroo testicles are above the penis and “highly mobile.”
Kangaroos have three vaginas. The outside two are for sperm and lead to two uteruses. The middle one is for giving birth.
The urinary tract goes through the middle of the three vaginas, which may be why joeys are so small (40,000 times smaller than adult kangaroos) — there’s no room for a bigger birth canal with the urinary tract in the way.
To go with the two sperm-vaginas, male kangaroos often have two-pronged penises.
Because they have two uteruses plus a pouch, female kangaroos can be perpetually pregnant.

ashstralia
06-21-2014, 09:34 PM
There ya go! Sesh knows more aboot em than I do!!!

Diamondjimi
06-21-2014, 10:55 PM
Overrated is right. Never understood the "Clapton is god" hype. Fuck him and his pomposity....

Nitro Express
06-22-2014, 12:32 AM
Maybe Slow Hand ate bad burritos and got the shits. You have no time to explain in a situation like that and maybe he was too embarrassed to talk about it.

Nitro Express
06-22-2014, 12:34 AM
You do know about the weird kangaroo sex shit...?

eg. Kangaroo testicles are above the penis and “highly mobile.”
Kangaroos have three vaginas. The outside two are for sperm and lead to two uteruses. The middle one is for giving birth.
The urinary tract goes through the middle of the three vaginas, which may be why joeys are so small (40,000 times smaller than adult kangaroos) — there’s no room for a bigger birth canal with the urinary tract in the way.
To go with the two sperm-vaginas, male kangaroos often have two-pronged penises.
Because they have two uteruses plus a pouch, female kangaroos can be perpetually pregnant.

I always knew things were a bit different and strange down under but holy shit!

lesfunk
06-22-2014, 01:02 AM
Clapton is like coffee. They both suck without Cream

Nitro Express
06-22-2014, 03:14 AM
I love Clapton. He inspired a certain guitarist who brought the world happiness in the early 80's. Slow Hand could have whipped it out and pissed all over the front row of the audience. I don't care. CLAPTON IS GOD!

cadaverdog
06-22-2014, 03:26 AM
I love Clapton. He inspired a certain guitarist who brought the world happiness in the early 80's. Slow Hand could have whipped it out and pissed all over the front row of the audience. I don't care. CLAPTON IS GOD!
If the bad burrito story is true he might have shit all over the front row. Would you care then?

cadaverdog
06-22-2014, 03:47 AM

I saw Duke Jupiter and UFO open for Rainbow in 82 at Alpine Meadows in Wisconsin. Rainbow played one song before they walked away because the crowd was still yelling for UFO to do another encore. Instead of telling everyone the show was over the promoter made Duke Jupiter come back and play another set. I might have demanded my money back had I not been tripping on acid at the time.

ashstralia
06-22-2014, 04:16 AM
I love Clapton. He inspired a certain guitarist who brought the world happiness in the early 80's.

I never got that. As a kid, I read all the interviews in the guitar mags and he always said Clappedout was his biggest influence.
To me they couldn't be more different as players. You can hear the Hendrix in both Stevie's playing, and the Blackmore in Yngwank, but if I had to peg an evh influence, it'd be more like the Young brothers.

Seshmeister
06-22-2014, 05:29 AM
I love Clapton. He inspired a certain guitarist who brought the world happiness in the early 80's!

Mick Mars?

ashstralia
06-22-2014, 05:46 AM
I wonder why he never gave them props apart from panama?

There's a conspiracy here. I'm going to invent it, and get back to y'all tomorrow. :)

Anonymous
06-22-2014, 07:51 AM
Or that Minogue twat? I'd pay to see her hump a kangaroo.

I'm hoping you've heard some rumour.

I also hope a dingo is somehow involved. And a platypus, just for the shock factor.

Cheers! :beers:

Anonymous
06-22-2014, 07:53 AM
Clapton is like coffee. They both suck without Cream

I like my coffee like my women - black & robust.

binnie
06-22-2014, 08:53 AM

Clapton should have to refund the 12000 overpriced tickets.

Fucking prick, you have people paying babysitters, travelling miles so he can make a few hundred grand for 2 hours 'work' and he fucks off in a huff with no explanation.

Twat!

Given the average age of an Eric Clapton fan, I don't think many 'babysitters' will have been required. Indeed, the staff who work in Glasgow's carehomes were probably relieved at the thought of any easy night..........

Anonymous
06-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Miskuprojektai Perku miska (http://miskuprojektai.lt) ir duoda daug su misku susijusias problemas visoje Lietuvos rajonuose. Bendrove garantuoja atliekamo darbo kokybe uzsakovo miske miskuose, tai pasitik?jimas Miskuprojektai esame stipri, ir darbu atlikti darbai nuolat auks.

Imones siekimas – ilgas atnaujinimas i karcemos plotus, nesivaikant momentines naudos, o ivertinant visus zaliuju plotu duodamus privalumus. Nors Perku miska (http://miskuprojektai.lt) yra vitik nauja organizacija, tai pas mus dirba labai didele darbo sukaupta patirti zaliuosiuose plotuose turincius jaunus ir verzlus komanda. Tai padeda mums pirmauti ir uztikrinti geras pasiulytas kainas ir salygas misko pardav?jams.

Kas tai Perka miska (http://miskuprojektai.lt)?

Su zeme. miskelio nupirkimas su zeme – tai juridinis susitarimas, kurio pasekoje tiek zaliavine mediena, tiek ir pati misko zemele palieka pirkejo zinion. Kuo tai naudinga pardavejams? Atskydamas paprastai – daugelis atveju Jus nereikia sumoketi GPM (pajamu mokesciu), bei suteikiate privalote pasirupinti zaliuju plotu atzeldinimu ir su tuo susijusias islaidavimus. Dar daugiau – po zaliuju plotu kirtimo ir atzeldinimo nebereikes investuoti i jauno miskleio priezi?ra bei vystyma ateityje. Be to, misko supirkimas su zememis igauna Misku Projektai, greiciau, operatyviau dar mazais islaidomis suruosti bei sudaryti geros kokybes misko projekta, gauti leidimus kirtimams.

-----------------------------------------
Perku mišką

Su žeme. Miško pirkimas su žeme –tai yra teisinis procesas, kurio pasekoje tiek žaliavinė mediena, tiek ir pati miško žemė pereina pirkėjo žinion. Kuo tai naudinga pardavėjui? Atsakymas paprastas – daugeliu atvejų Jūs neprivalote mokėti GPM (gyventojų pajamų mokesčio), bei perleidžiate prievolę pasirūpinti miško atželdinimu ir su tuo susijusias išlaidas. Dar daugiau – po miško kirtimo ir atželdinimo nebereikės investuoti į jauno miško priežiūrą bei ugdymą ateityje. Be to, miško supirkimas su žeme įgalina UAB Miškų Projektai, greičiau, operatyviau bei mažesniais kaštais parengti bei suderinti kokybišką miškotvarkos projektą, gauti leidimus kirtimams.

Iškirtimui. Miško pirkimas iškirtimui – viena iš įprastinių UAB „Miškų Projektai“ veiklų. Žinoma, visuomet atsiskaitome iš anksto, prieš pradedant darbus. Tačiau toks miško pirkimas nėra besąlygiškas – tam yra būtinas miškotvarkos projektas, leidimai kirsti. Įvertinus situaciją vietovėje ir pasirašius sutartį, pats miško pirkimas įvyksta labai greitai, t.y. iškart, kai tik susideriname su Jūsų pasirinktu notaru. UAB „Miškų Projektai“ labiausiai domina brandaus miško pirkimas plynam iškirtimui arba einamasis kirtimas, ypač jeigu tai yra didelis plotas. Tuomet garantuotai galime mokėti aukščiausią kainą. Tačiau niekada neatsisakome atlikti kitų kirtimų – domina tiek atvejinio, tiek ir atrankinio miško supirkimas iškirtimui.

tags: perku miska,misko pirkimas,perkame miska,parduoda miska,perka miska,perka mišką, perku mišką, perkam mišką, superkam mišką, superka mišką, superkam miska,

--
perku miska,misko pirkimas,perkame miska,parduoda miska,perka miska,perka mišką, perku mišką, perkam mišką, superkam mišką, superka mišką, superkam miska,

Bang on, brutha!

Spread the word.

Love.

ELVIS
06-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Hey Perka Durka...

:mad2:

Kristy
06-22-2014, 10:30 AM

Hippie.

ELVIS
06-22-2014, 10:55 AM
There ya go! Sesh knows more aboot em than I do!!!

The science god enlightened him...:biggrin:

ELVIS
06-22-2014, 10:58 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/shakespeares_sister/shakes6/donna.jpg

Nitro Express
06-22-2014, 11:53 AM
If the bad burrito story is true he might have shit all over the front row. Would you care then?

Hell no! We need to bring that "I'm God" I don't care, worship me! kind of decadence back to rock and roll. In fact, flash the money, flash the tits, fly the middle finger at the man. The man is telling us what to do, spying on us, and trying to shut us up with the propaganda and educational machine. We need to start fucking the man and fucking it hard!

Nitro Express
06-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Hippie.

Girl you must have access to some great weed. One minute I'm a conservative, right wing redneck and the other minute I'm a hippie.

Nitro Express
06-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Given the average age of an Eric Clapton fan, I don't think many 'babysitters' will have been required. Indeed, the staff who work in Glasgow's carehomes were probably relieved at the thought of any easy night..........

The only diapers Clapton fans have to worry about it whether their Depends are leaking.

Nitro Express
06-22-2014, 12:02 PM

Pour a 40 and ride the bump brother!

Nitro Express
06-22-2014, 12:06 PM
I never got that. As a kid, I read all the interviews in the guitar mags and he always said Clappedout was his biggest influence.
To me they couldn't be more different as players. You can hear the Hendrix in both Stevie's playing, and the Blackmore in Yngwank, but if I had to peg an evh influence, it'd be more like the Young brothers.

Part of it was Creem was an innovative in your face band at the time. Ed was real young when he heard Clapton and it was the smooth, buttery, midrange drive. In a way, Clapton had the brown sound in the early days.

ELVIS
06-22-2014, 12:12 PM
On the live Crossroads he did...

I can hear Edwad in every note of that...

Nitro Express
06-22-2014, 12:20 PM
On the live Crossroads he did...

I can hear Edwad in every note of that...

Yeah. You can tell Clapton influenced Ed. The early Clapton. That overdriven, smooth, midrange is what Ed was chasing but what Ed did that Clapton didn't is he put a nitrous button on it and made is scream!

ELVIS
06-22-2014, 01:04 PM
And Crapton dried up...

Nitro Express
06-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Clapton was a heroine addict. He's lucky to still be alive. Rock and roll is a young person's game and frankly the upcoming generation are too subservient to "The Man" to create any rebellious art. The man has learned you just have to give people endless choices on things that don't matter while you control the things that do. The situational awareness of this society is poor. The man meanwhile is fully aware. It's like watching the lion in the grass getting ready to pounce the fat animals at the watering hole. Happy subjects. Passive dolts. Oh well. Predators exist for a reason. To thin the heard. Maybe after the gaggle gets scattered we will get some good rock and roll again.

cadaverdog
06-22-2014, 02:18 PM

Does robust mean well hung in Portugal?

cadaverdog
06-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Hell no! We need to bring that "I'm God" I don't care, worship me! kind of decadence back to rock and roll. In fact, flash the money, flash the tits, fly the middle finger at the man.
If you fly the middle finger at the man here you'd probably get shot. LAPD and LACSD are the most trigger happy cops around. Their policy is shoot first then shoot again. Your family will be better off after the county or the city pays them off but you'll be too dead to enjoy the money. You might get a nice headstone but that's about it.

FORD
06-22-2014, 03:10 PM
If you fly the middle finger at the man here you'd probably get shot. LAPD and LACSD are the most trigger happy cops around. Their policy is shoot first then shoot again. Your family will be better off after the county or the city pays them off but you'll be too dead to enjoy the money. You might get a nice headstone but that's about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwHHC2sBTcA

Nitro Express
06-22-2014, 07:43 PM

I thought the trigger happy cops were in Washington DC. They gunned down a mother with a baby in the car. Obviously they spooked the poor woman and she panicked and like predatory dogs, they went in for the kill when they saw the rabbit run.

cadaverdog
06-22-2014, 10:10 PM
I thought the trigger happy cops were in Washington DC. They gunned down a mother with a baby in the car. Obviously they spooked the poor woman and she panicked and like predatory dogs, they went in for the kill when they saw the rabbit run.
They shot and killed one guy recently for trying to get away after he crashed a stolen Corvette. He had his hands up while he was running in the opposite direction so they shot him in the back. They shot another guy while he was running down some stairs with a hand on each rail. That didn't kill him so they shot him again while he was laying on the ground.

Jérôme Frenchise
06-23-2014, 03:05 AM
Clapton was a heroine addict. He's lucky to still be alive. Rock and roll is a young person's game and frankly the upcoming generation are too subservient to "The Man" to create any rebellious art. The man has learned you just have to give people endless choices on things that don't matter while you control the things that do. The situational awareness of this society is poor. The man meanwhile is fully aware. It's like watching the lion in the grass getting ready to pounce the fat animals at the watering hole. Happy subjects. Passive dolts. Oh well. Predators exist for a reason. To thin the heard. Maybe after the gaggle gets scattered we will get some good rock and roll again.

Well, maybe we should congratulate Clapton for giving up Cocaine after all those years... :biggrin:

The audience wanted some, really bad though. They got mad when they realized there wasn't going to be any! :D

Nitro Express
06-23-2014, 03:39 AM
They shot and killed one guy recently for trying to get away after he crashed a stolen Corvette. He had his hands up while he was running in the opposite direction so they shot him in the back. They shot another guy while he was running down some stairs with a hand on each rail. That didn't kill him so they shot him again while he was laying on the ground.

So much for only using lethal force if you or others lives are in jeopardy. A pattern of cop behavior like that indicates a bigger problem. They don't care because they can get away with it, which means something is wrong with the department and city.

ashstralia
06-23-2014, 06:36 AM
Originally presented, the platypus was regarded as a hoax. It was popular in Victorian times to experiment with taxidermy..
Can you imagine the surprise when these amphibian monotremes displaying avian and mammalian characteristics turned out to be real? I've seen them in their habitat, they're awesome!

Seshmeister
06-23-2014, 07:00 AM
For many years there were no examples of giant turtles in European zoos or museums because every time they tried to get one the sailors ate them all on the voyage home because they were so tasty. :)

ashstralia
06-23-2014, 07:26 AM
For many years there were no examples of giant turtles in European zoos or museums because every time they tried to get a one the sailors ate them all on the voyage home because they were so tasty. :)

Get a one, eh?

The indigenous folk here know and curate their food source for millennia before us white fella.

lesfunk
06-23-2014, 03:12 PM
I like my coffee like my women -

Me too. ground up and in the refrigerator

cadaverdog
06-23-2014, 03:37 PM
For many years there were no examples of giant turtles in European zoos or museums because every time they tried to get one the sailors ate them all on the voyage home because they were so tasty. :)
I've had turtle. Tastes just like chicken. They say squirrel and rattlesnake tastes like chicken too but I never tried any. If I want something that tastes like chicken I'll eat chicken.

Seshmeister
06-23-2014, 03:52 PM
I guess if you have been on a sailing ship with no fresh food for months, fresh chicken starts to taste very good...

vandeleur
06-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Originally presented, the platypus was regarded as a hoax. It was popular in Victorian times to experiment with taxidermy..
Can you imagine the surprise when these amphibian monotremes displaying avian and mammalian characteristics turned out to be real? I've seen them in their habitat, they're awesome!

In the big museum in the toon there is a fossil of a Coelacanth, it's great story .
It was meant to be an extinct dinosaur era creature and they found people fished them in India still.
Kinda pointless fossil now , it's weird it looks like you would imagine a fish from some era ending zoic would .
It's always stuck with me from being a kid .

Dave's Bitch
06-23-2014, 04:48 PM
I didn't read the article but from what I am getting Clapton is a dick

cadaverdog
06-23-2014, 05:14 PM
I guess if you have been on a sailing ship with no fresh food for months, fresh chicken starts to taste very good...
In the modern Navy you start to run out of options on what you eat after you've been out to sea for more than a month or so on smaller ships. By smaller ships I mean cruisers, destroyers and frigates. When you replenish overseas you don't get the same stuff you get when you load out for a cruise in the U S. After awhile you get mystery meat for every meal but breakfast. Everytime a ship pulls in to port of anchors in a bay overseas the crew makes a bee line to the nearest place to eat.

Terry
07-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Yeah. You can tell Clapton influenced Ed. The early Clapton. That overdriven, smooth, midrange is what Ed was chasing but what Ed did that Clapton didn't is he put a nitrous button on it and made is scream!

I can hear as much Page, Beck, Hendrix and Blackmore in Ed's playing as I can Clapton.

But yeah, when Clapton was still trying, back when he was in Cream...THAT period is one you can hear in Ed's playing, for sure.

Terry
07-06-2014, 10:01 PM
I do seem to recall reading a fairly recent interview snippet where Clapton said he might not physically be able to tour much longer, because it now physically hurts him to play guitar, that his hands ache just from the effort of sustained fretting these days at times, and it's getting worse.

Perhaps that had something to do with him cutting the show short. I don't have a tremendous amount of use for Clapton's music, but as someone who plays guitar, I feel for the guy if he's having ailments that are gonna eventually prohibit him from playing altogether.

However, with ticket prices the way they are nowadays, I don't blame people in the audience for getting pissed. People are probably seeing less shows than they used to because ticket prices are comparatively much higher in terms of income than was the case even twenty years ago. Plus, when you get older, you probably tend to go to less concerts anyway. Thus, if you're only going to a few shows a year, it's much more noticeable if the show turns out to be a dud (something I discovered in 2008, when Ed Van Halen delivered a half-assed performance in Tampa. I wasn't too thrilled to have laid out roughly $500 for two tickets, arena parking, two t-shirts, some drinks and some shitty sports arena food and in turn saw this aging, drunken rock star past his prime unable to deliver the goods - whereas 20 odd years prior when I was seeing roughly a concert a month for roughly $15 a ticket the occasional shitty band didn't stand out quite as much).

Nitro Express
07-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Clapton says touring has become unbearable. Ok Eric. You have become an old fuck. Go home before you ruin your legend any more.