PDA

View Full Version : All Employment Growth Since 1492 Went to Immigrants

ELVIS
06-27-2014, 11:53 AM
National review (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/381362/study-all-employment-growth-2000-went-immigrants-nro-staff)

According to a major new report from the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), net employment growth in the United States since 2000 has gone entirely to immigrants, legal and illegal.

Using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, CIS scholars Steven A. Camarota and Karen Zeigler found that there were 127,000 fewer working-age natives holding a job in the first quarter of 2014 than in 2000, while the number of immigrants with a job was 5.7 million above the 2000 level.

The rapidity with which immigrants recovered from the Great Recession, as well as the fact that they held a disproportionate share of jobs relative to their share of population growth before the recession, help to explain their findings, the authors report. In addition, native-born Americans and immigrants were affected differently by the recession.

Other significant findings include:

Because the native-born population grew significantly, but the number working actually fell, there were 17 million more working-age natives not working in the first quarter of 2014 than in 2000.

The share of natives working or looking for work, referred to as labor force participation, shows the same decline as the employment rate. In fact, labor force participation has continued to decline for working-age natives even after the jobs recovery began in 2010.

Immigrants have made gains across the labor market, including lower-skilled jobs such as maintenance, construction, and food service; middle-skilled jobs like office support and health care support; and higher-skilled jobs, including management, computers, and health care practitioners.

The supply of potential workers is enormous: 8.7 million native college graduates are not working, as are 17 million with some college, and 25.3 million with no more than a high school education.

According to the study, 58 million working-age natives are not employed.

Camarota and Zeigler report three conclusions:

First, the long-term decline in the employment for natives across age and education levels is a clear indication that there is no general labor shortage, which is a primary justification for the large increases in immigration (skilled and unskilled) in the Schumer-Rubio bill and similar House proposals.

Second, the decline in work among the native-born over the last 14 years of high immigration is consistent with research showing that immigration reduces employment for natives.

Third, the trends since 2000 challenge the argument that immigration on balance increases job opportunities for natives. Over 17 million immigrants arrived in the country in the last 14 years, yet native employment has deteriorated significantly.

The Center for Immigration Studies is a non-profit research institute. Founded in 1985, the organization is regularly consulted by policymakers, the academic community, and the media on matters of immigration policy.

:elvis:

ELVIS
06-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Come on in...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/01/article-2317485-198F305C000005DC-790_638x356.jpg

Your social worker is waiting...

ELVIS
06-27-2014, 11:59 AM
http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/wp-content/gallery/obama-satire/obama-constitution.jpg

:mad2:

ELVIS
06-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Obomba and the Cartels

http://i0.wp.com/nationalreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/mexican-obama.jpg

Live at a FEMA camp near you...

ELVIS
06-27-2014, 12:11 PM
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/oU4Y8.3yWDW2V172KRfgKg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQyMTtweG9mZj01MDtweW 9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz03NDk-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/74e732c5f85de416560f6a706700eab7.jpg

ELVIS
06-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Politico (http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/nancy-pelosi-border-detained-minors-108371.html)

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi will travel to the southern border of the U.S. on Saturday to be briefed by Customs and Border Protection on the flood of unaccompanied minors entering the country.

The California Democrat will also meet with a group of children held at the South Texas Detention Facility.

“The humanitarian crisis unfolding across our nation’s southern border demands Congress come together and find thoughtful, compassionate and bipartisan solutions,” Pelosi said. “We must ensure our laws are fully enforced, so that due process is provided to unaccompanied children and the safety and well-being of unaccompanied children is protected. We must also work to address the root causes of the problem.”

ELVIS
06-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Humanitarian crisis, my ass...:rolleyes:

ELVIS
06-27-2014, 12:21 PM

Anonymous
06-27-2014, 12:35 PM
You mean if I go to America, where there ARE cats - I ain't fallin' for THAT, again - I have a better chance to get a job than any of the F A T unemployed failed musicians that are/were on this site all day?

God bless America.

Cheers! :beers:

ELVIS
06-27-2014, 01:16 PM
And Krusty will be your social worker, unless of course she can speak fluent Spanish...

kwame k
06-27-2014, 01:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik

Nitro Express
06-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Who creates jobs are small and medium sized businesses. The Federal Reserve has been printing money like crazy but it goes to the large investment banks at zero percent interest so they can buy stocks and other investments. That's why the stock market rallies while the economy for the average person sucks. Also what drives an economy is people purchasing goods and services. Demographics drive the long-term economy more than the government does.

The one major problem the western economy has now is all the debt. In the US personal debt is twice that of government debt. It's not going to be paid off. It's going to eventually be written off but since debt is now the new form of money writing off debt will cause a major deflation wave and slow the economy more. The 2010's will be a real shit decade. Things will get even worse no matter who gets in office. Why? politicians don't drive long-term economics, people's spending habits do. I've always invested on demographics instead of government policy. I've done well over the last 20 years doing so. I don't pay any attention to government statistics. They are garbage to me.

Nitro Express
06-27-2014, 03:12 PM
Obomba and the Cartels

http://i0.wp.com/nationalreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/mexican-obama.jpg

Live at a FEMA camp near you...

Obama. Holder. All shills for the Hong Kong Shanghai Bank Corporation and Lord Sassoon. The Sassoons have ran the opium trade for a long-time. It's very possible Obama's mother was working for them while in Lohar, Pakistan probably honey trapping high officials to keep the Kyber Pass open so Afghanistan smack could be ran out and shipped out Pakistan. It's all tied in with the big international banks. HSBC has branch's all over Mexico laundering the cartel's money.

Corporate gangsters and Barry has probably been a water boy for them his whole life.

Nitro Express
06-27-2014, 03:22 PM
The credit I will give to Barry Soetoro AKA Barrack Obama is he's a highly trained con artist with a lifetime of experience working for probably the best organized corporate mafia on the planet. He's more than just your average kiss ass, corrupt politician. The guy is top notch in his class.

Nitro Express
06-27-2014, 03:34 PM
The thing is many Mexicans know Obama and Holder are resposible for the deaths of Mexican citizens because Obama and Holder back the drug cartels. To be partisanly fair, so did the Bush family. Notice when HW Bush came to the White House both Obama and Bush Sr. were smiling like chesire cats. Why? They work in the same drug syndicate. That border is open to let the drugs in. We are in Afghanistan to make sure the drugs make it to market. Ever since we have been in Afghanistan the heroin problem has increased in the US.

It's corporate gangsterism people. Wake the fuck up!

ELVIS
06-27-2014, 04:58 PM
They're not going to...

That's why I'm heading to the hills, literally...

ELVIS
06-27-2014, 05:00 PM
You retards should listen to Nitro...

he has a grasp of what's going on...

ELVIS
06-27-2014, 05:01 PM
Obomba and the Cartels

Nice ears...:biggrin:

ashstralia
06-28-2014, 06:12 AM

Follow the money.. yadda yadda.. Rothschilds.. yadda... Federal Reserve... yadda yadda.. My dad paid for my cushy early retirement.. yadda yadda... I live on a volcano that's about to explode... yadda..

Yeah, seems legit.

Like that fat monthly stipend you get for looking after your 'wife'. Nice work if you can get it.

:bigwink:

Anonymous
06-28-2014, 06:25 AM
The credit I will give to Barry Soetoro AKA Barrack Obama is he's a highly trained con artist with a lifetime of experience working for probably the best organized corporate mafia on the planet. He's more than just your average kiss ass, corrupt politician. The guy is top notch in his class.

Oh yes. I don't know about you, but I remember Barry being heralded as the Second Coming - or perhaps something even better - quite vividly.

At the time, I just couldn't believe how naive the whole world was being. Everyone actually believed that guy would bring great changes to the world & Earth would become a Paradise under His guidance. HE would guide us back to Eden.

You'd think after such a massive disappointment, people would learn, but no. Most of the imbeciles walking around this blue Pizza still believe that the NEXT politician will be the one that will fix everything. Yep. You'll see. Just you wait. THIS time it's the real deal.

Still, I guess if people haven't learned anything at all after thousands of years, it'd be naive of me to expect them to start learning now...

It's just that it was such an obvious lesson... a dog would learn from this. Then again, dogs can be taught how to use zebra crossings. Humans, apparently, cannot.

Anonymous
06-28-2014, 06:31 AM

I don't know if he's got inside info, learnt it all by experience or is just making it up as he goes along.

Either way, fact or fiction, his posts fit the going ons of the world perfectly & are highly entertaining.

On an internet forum, can you really ask for more? Do you even have the right to expect more? Of course not.

I nominate Higgins for the Poster of the Year Award. Higgins, we expect you to accept your prize in a tiara & Brazilian bikini.

ashstralia
06-28-2014, 06:42 AM
At the time, I just couldn't believe how naive the whole world was being.

Yes. And we looked to you, some fat drunk gay dude in Portugal, for guidance and wisdom.

Alas, you gave us less than nothing. You're the real God.

Anonymous
06-28-2014, 07:19 AM
Yes. And we looked to you, some fat drunk gay dude in Portugal, for guidance and wisdom.

Alas, you gave us less than nothing. You're the real God.

I dunno if that's an attempt to insult me or just a ruse to get me to reply to you.

Well, you succeeded in one of those. See if you can guess which without hints.

I know, I know, this made your day. That's just how I am. Magnanimous.

I hope this is enough for you, as I have other, much more important worshippers to give my attention to, so I really cannot be bothered with one as lowly as you.

Toodle-oo, cheerio, pip pip, old thing.

ashstralia
06-28-2014, 07:32 AM
It was an attempt at flattery; we all know no one does self flattery better than you. :)

Then again, what would I know?

Seshmeister
06-28-2014, 07:32 AM
Fixed the thread title for you. :biggrin:

vandeleur
06-28-2014, 07:51 AM
Don't fix thread titles that's how the last rebellion happened :)

Anonymous
06-28-2014, 08:04 AM
EEK! Censorship! Abuse of power! Dictatorship! Fire! Brimstone!

JIHAD! JIHAD!

Don't fix thread titles that's how the last rebellion happened :)

Damn right, sonny. Looks like we're gonna have to go get the heavy artillery.

We need a Hannibal Smith smiley. It would've provided such a nice period for this post.

ashstralia
06-28-2014, 08:19 AM
A lovely elderly lady complimented me today. she said;
'You've probably seen it all, haven't you?'

I graciously admitted that I probably have.

vandeleur
06-28-2014, 08:21 AM
A lovely elderly lady complimented me today. she said;
'You've probably seen it all, haven't you?'

I graciously admitted that I probably have.

I can't beeline that story punch line wasn't
" so she flashed me her minge "

Sorry ash :biggrin:

ashstralia
06-28-2014, 08:44 AM
But she knew that would be the least of it, right?

Imagine your worst smelly death scene. The flies, fluids and smell.
Say, three weeks in a mild summer.

Times that by a billion, it's never pleasant.

ELVIS
06-28-2014, 09:35 AM
Fixed the thread title for you. :biggrin:

Yay for control freaks...

Do you have any idea how tough it was for the legal Immigrants to come here ??

What's happening now isn't fair to anyone...

binnie
06-28-2014, 12:58 PM
What would your attitude to immigration be, Elvis, is you were in charge of policy making?

vandeleur
06-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Germany 1938 :D

binnie
06-28-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm geuinely intrigued. People who don't like state regulation in day to day life and with a free market economy often want greater regulation on immigration, which is in tension with both. I also have no idea what the feeling is about immigration in the US more broadly, and I'm intrigued given that it is a nation that was built on immigration in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries....

vandeleur
06-28-2014, 01:10 PM
I was being my normal flippant self :)
I would be surprised if E has a cohesive and coherent plan for it . Only Because it is such a complex problem .
And it does have a strange slant considering it is a country built on immigration.

DONNIEP
06-28-2014, 01:44 PM
The problem is Mexico is draining as fast as they can sneak over the border. Illegals. Undocumented. Whatever. I know most people here say "Bring em in as fast as they can get here!! Bring em all!!" Well fuck that. Let em all get in line and come in legally. Let's streamline the immigration process and make it easier for people to legally come here. Fine by me. But I say we seal that motherfucking southern border tighter than a virgin's pussy on prom night. And now the screaming starts..."Oh no, we can't do that. It's not right!" Ok, fine. Let's just drop all the border enforcement and let the illegals roll over this country in their lowriders, listening to raps and shooting all the jobs.

It just amazes me that so many Americans think it's un-American to believe we should have a sovereign nation with secure borders. I don't get it. Why in the fuck should we give this country away?

vandeleur
06-28-2014, 01:45 PM
Cos that's how you got it :biggrin:

DONNIEP
06-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Cos that's how you got it :biggrin:

And you think we would have learned a lesson from that!

:biggrin:

cadaverdog
06-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Cos that's how you got it :biggrin: Nobody gave it to us. We fought for it.

vandeleur
06-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Nobody gave it to us. We fought for it.

:biggrin:

DONNIEP
06-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Nobody gave it to us. We fought for it.

I think he's talking about the Injuns. And they didn't give it to us. We traded em some very nice beads for it.

vandeleur
06-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Only one bite and he ain't got teeth :D

Sorry Cdog I was poking the bear :)

cadaverdog
06-28-2014, 01:55 PM
If they give all the illegals here now amnesty we might as well get rid of the border between here and Mexico.

cadaverdog
06-28-2014, 01:56 PM
I think he's talking about the Injuns. And they didn't give it to us. We traded em some very nice beads for it.
For Manhattan maybe but the injuns out west weren't into beads.

vandeleur
06-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Think you swapped beads for gonorrhoea :)

cadaverdog
06-28-2014, 01:58 PM
Only one bite and he ain't got teeth :D

Sorry Cdog I was poking the bear :)
I wasn't offended by your remarks. The smilie at the end kind of tipped me off that you were trying to make a funny. I have a decent sense of humor but some people around here bad mouth America as often as possible. They don't realize that as bad as some things are here they're much worse in other places. The United States isn't Heaven on Earth but I'd rather live here than most of the rest of the world.

Nitro Express
06-28-2014, 02:02 PM
The problem is Mexico is draining as fast as they can sneak over the border. Illegals. Undocumented. Whatever. I know most people here say "Bring em in as fast as they can get here!! Bring em all!!" Well fuck that. Let em all get in line and come in legally. Let's streamline the immigration process and make it easier for people to legally come here. Fine by me. But I say we seal that motherfucking southern border tighter than a virgin's pussy on prom night. And now the screaming starts..."Oh no, we can't do that. It's not right!" Ok, fine. Let's just drop all the border enforcement and let the illegals roll over this country in their lowriders, listening to raps and shooting all the jobs.

It just amazes me that so many Americans think it's un-American to believe we should have a sovereign nation with secure borders. I don't get it. Why in the fuck should we give this country away?

The people who want to destroy the US are the central bankers. The US became too powerful because it attracted some of the smartest people in the world and they had the freedom to pursue their dreams. It was freedom and attracting intelligent hard working people that built the highest standard of living in world history. Control freaks don't like that. They want to central manage everything according to their plans. So the US has always been a target to take down by the banking elite out of Europe and their cronies over here.

Flooding the US with illegals is just another destruction method. Simple as that as well as the outsourcing of jobs and bringing the drugs in. They are running an opium war on us just like they did to the chinese in the 19th century. Globalization is nothing more than taking over the world. Everything gets consolidated into unions and trades zones. All the corporations and media are owned by the same people. The average person will be muscled out of having any real political voice.

Any nations who are independent from the bankers will be targeted for regime change. Why the US military was over build for just protecting the US was for this purpose. The petrodollar was created to give it endless financing. Buy oil in dollars, finance your own downfall.