PDA

View Full Version : Burger King Sells Gay Pride Whopper

FORD
07-02-2014, 10:07 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/22eb8ef91a3eeeb2d8d0c119b05b704d38e7960e/c=272-181-1876-1388&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2014/07/01/1404240755000-XXX-Burger-King-Proud-Whopper-02.JPG
Burger Queen??

Burger King sells gay pride Whopper
Bruce Horovitz, USA TODAY 9:05 p.m. EDT July 1, 2014

Burger King has concocted yet another way to have it your way: a gay pride burger.

The Proud Whopper, as it's called, comes wrapped in a rainbow colored wrapper with this inscription: "We are all the same inside." It will be sold through Thursday at one Burger King restaurant on San Francisco's Market Street, that was at the heart of the route for last weekend's 44th annual San Francisco Pride Celebration & Parade.

Burger King on Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. EST plans to post a two-minute video about the Proud Whopper on its YouTube channel.

"It showcases who we are as a brand," says Fernando Machado, senior vice president of global brand management at Burger King. "It shows how we, as a brand, believe in self-expression."

The inspiration behind the unusual burger wrap and video, he says, is Burger King's localized efforts to put into motion actions that support its recently-tweaked slogan: "Be Your Way."

The move also demonstrates BK's desire to stay connected to its base of Millennial customers. Gay rights is an issue that reverberates strongly with many Millennials both inside and outside the U.S. Burger King also was a sponsor of San Francisco's gay pride parade. Machado says that's the first time Burger King has sponsored a gay pride parade in the U.S., though it may have sponsored some outside the country.

The downtown San Francisco Burger King sold "Proud Whoppers" last weekend, during the parade and also passed out some 50,000 rainbow Burger King crowns, that were worn by parade participants and spectators. The video, created by the Miami office of Burger King's ad agency David, captures customers discussing whether or not the burger, itself, is different. At $4.29 it costs the same as a conventional Whopper. And, indeed, customers ultimately discover the only difference is the rainbow wrap.

All Proud Whopper sandwich sales, Machado says, will be donated to the Burger King McLamore Foundation for scholarships benefiting LGBT high school seniors graduating in spring 2015.

One gay rights activist says BK is doing the right thing. "Whenever a company comes out in support of gay people, it makes a difference," says Jordan Bach, a consultant to corporations on gay rights issues and a GLAAD media partner. "But when it's done right—when it's done with a campaign that shows the company understands diversity and really believes in the profound acceptance of other people—that sort of marketing can change minds and hearts at the deepest level."

For the moment, Burger King has no plans to broaden the promotion, Machado says, but notes, "we may consider something even bigger later on."

As for the wrappers, he says, they've already become collectibles. "Customers were folding the wrappers and taking them home with them," he says. Pretty soon, he says, they'll probably show up on eBay.

DONNIEP
07-02-2014, 10:12 PM
If Chick Fil A made a Christian chicken wrapper everybody would go batshit insane...

Nitro Express
07-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Whoppers are wonderful and Burger King shits all over McDonald's. The thing is, it doesn't matter what kind of marketing gimmicks you pull. If the burger sucks, it all sucks.

Nitro Express
07-02-2014, 10:15 PM
If Chick Fil A made a Christian chicken wrapper everybody would go batshit insane...

I ate at both Chick Fil A and Burger King last week. I guess that makes me a gay christian living in the closet.

DLR Bridge
07-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Chick-Filth-A wasn't very nice to a particular walk of life. They fired people because of their sexual orientation. I don't believe it's on record anywhere that a gay restaurant owner ever fired someone for being Christian.

DONNIEP
07-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Chick-Filth-A wasn't very nice to a particular walk of life. They fired people because of their sexual orientation. I don't believe it's on record anywhere that a gay restaurant owner ever fired someone for being Christian.

IF Chick Fil A actually fired people because they were gay then they should be sued into oblivion.

DLR Bridge
07-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Pretty sure it happened. Either that or they refused to hire someone because they were gay.

DONNIEP
07-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Pretty sure it happened. Either that or they refused to hire someone because they were gay.

I'm doing a quick search and ain't coming up with any documented law suits. Now, if it's true, I stand by my statement - they should be sued into oblivion.

DONNIEP
07-02-2014, 10:35 PM
And just for the record - I happen to be a Christian who doesn't think being gay is a big deal. I don't believe it will keep you out of Heaven and I don't care what people either choose to be or if they say they're born that way. Big deal. Whoooppppeeeee. Be gay. "Be your way". Who cares.

DLR Bridge
07-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Not sure if there were law suits. Made the news a couple of years ago. It was discussed here quite a bit iirc.

DLR Bridge
07-02-2014, 10:40 PM
I'm with you. I'm a half-assed Catholic and I feel the same way. Apparently, the owners of Chick disagree with us.

DONNIEP
07-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Not sure if there were law suits. Made the news a couple of years ago. It was discussed here quite a bit iirc.

Dude - if you got fired for being gay, wouldn't you file a suit? I mean lawyers would be lining up at your door, slobbering all over themselves.

And it doesn't matter. I chose Chick Fil A because I knew it would light somebody up. Change the name to Zaxby's. People would have an absolute shit fit if Zaxby's made a Christian wrapper for their cajun chicken sandwich.

Nitro Express
07-02-2014, 10:43 PM
When you are worried about Hobby Shops and Chicken Joints maybe you need a trip to the eastern Ukraine or Iraq. You really do have too much time on your hands and no legitimate problems to worry about. A real problem is mortar shells exploding on your roof.

VAiN
07-02-2014, 10:44 PM

I'm too lazy to Google it, but I believe the uproar had something to do with not supporting gay marriage. They never discriminated against anyone, they simply have an opinion.
Funny how the people who preach tolerance sure aren't tolerant unless you see things their way.

Nitro Express
07-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Dude - if you got fired for being gay, wouldn't you file a suit? I mean lawyers would be lining up at your door, slobbering all over themselves.

And it doesn't matter. I chose Chick Fil A because I knew it would light somebody up. Change the name to Zaxby's. People would have an absolute shit fit if Zaxby's made a Christian wrapper for their cajun chicken sandwich.

Nobody is going to give a shit when the dollar does crash or World War III starts. Frankly, Mongolia is looking good to me lately. I might go into the yak wool business.

DLR Bridge
07-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I'm not worried about anything Mr. Reality. Are you saying I can't voice my displeasure with inequality without you making a smug remark?

DONNIEP
07-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Nobody is going to give a shit when the dollar does crash or World War III starts. Frankly, Mongolia is looking good to me lately. I might go into the yak wool business.

Well, as long as I can get a Double Whopper and drive across the street for McDonalds fries and a large Diet Coke then I'm all for it.

DLR Bridge
07-02-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm being intolerant?

Nitro Express
07-02-2014, 10:51 PM
I'm too lazy to Google it, but I believe the uproar had something to do with not supporting gay marriage. They never discriminated against anyone, they simply have an opinion.
Funny how the people who preach tolerance sure aren't tolerant unless you see things their way.

I don't remember what the big hizzy tizzy was. They make a good chicken sandwich and have good french fries. I mean most our clothes and other shit we buy are made by the lowest bidder child labor slave shop. How many kids die in Bangledesh making Gap and Nordstrom shit? I mean when people say they care, no they don't. They won't give up their shopping to stop slave labor and they make themselves debt slaves to the bankers in the process.

All human beings pretty much suck. All of them. All I know is we all must have fucked up pretty good in a previous life to be here. Welcome to the jungle we have fun and games...

DONNIEP
07-02-2014, 10:52 PM
I'm being intolerant?

It depends. Do you prefer the Big Mac or the Whopper? Because I think the Whopper kicks the Big Mac's ass all day long.

DONNIEP
07-02-2014, 10:54 PM
I don't remember what the big hizzy tizzy was. They make a good chicken sandwich and have good french fries. I mean most our clothes and other shit we buy are made by the lowest bidder child labor slave shop. How many kids die in Bangledesh making Gap and Nordstrom shit? I mean when people say they care, no they don't. They won't give up their shopping to stop slave labor and they make themselves debt slaves to the bankers in the process.

All human beings pretty much such. All of them. All I know if we all must have fucked up pretty good in a previous life to be here. Welcome to the jungle we have fun and games...

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The truth. Kinda sucks when it's held up for you to see. But...I'm going to the Gap tomorrow. They have their cargo shorts on sale and I ain't missing out!!

VAiN
I'm being intolerant?

If you're referring to my post, not at all. Nothing to do with you, I was just making a point that the typical bleeding heart who preaches love & tolerance becomes very intolerant if you disagree with them. The gay agenda is a perfect example of that.

DLR Bridge
Make mine flame broiled, too.

Nitro Express
07-02-2014, 10:56 PM
It depends. Do you prefer the Big Mac or the Whopper? Because I think the Whopper kicks the Big Mac's ass all day long.

Damn straight Don. The Whopper is the king of big chain fast food burgers in it's price range. Ever tried to eat a Wendy's? Hot and juicy no shit. It's like eating sloppy pussy that's dripping all over the place. Half will end up on your shirt. One time there was a piece of bone in my Wendy's burger. My question was, is it human? I've never been back.

DLR Bridge
07-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Thanks VAiN, but you can't call wanting to be accepted for what you are an "agenda". C'mon man.

Nitro Express
07-02-2014, 11:01 PM
And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The truth. Kinda sucks when it's held up for you to see. But...I'm going to the Gap tomorrow. They have their cargo shorts on sale and I ain't missing out!!

Why care when nobody else does? I bought two pair of cargo shorts last week. They were 30% off.

DONNIEP
07-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Damn straight Don. The Whopper is the king of big chain fast food burgers in it's price range. Ever tried to eat a Wendy's? Hot and juicy no shit. It's like eating sloppy pussy that's dripping all over the place. Half will end up on your shirt. Once time there was a piece of bone in my Wendy's burger. My question was, is it human? I've never been back.

You ready for a Higgins story? I got a great one....

A couple years back, me and my "friend" were having lunch at Wendy's. Stood in line for fucking ever. So she orders her burger and I order a chicken sandwich. And the, ahem, lady making her burger runs out of ketchup. So she grabs a couple packs of ketchup and rips one open with her teeth and then squeezes it all over her burger. Then she does the same with another pack. And I'm standing there, hopping up and down and vapor locked and I raised holy hell. The manager didn't even seem to mind or care and then when I really cranked up the volume - and turned around and made a grand gesture with my arm and brought everybody in the joint under my spell - he got the message.

VAiN
07-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Thanks VAiN, but you can't call wanting to be accepted for what you are an "agenda". C'mon man.

I think it becomes an agenda once there's power given to a group. They have the power to enforce their opinions and end up abusing it. Recently a C-level exec at Mozilla had to step down because a few years ago he donated like $1000 to a group that doesn't support gay marriage. That's pretty fucked up in my opinion. When you have to fear for your job because your opinions don't align with a certain group with power over you it's an agenda.

cadaverdog
07-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Damn straight Don. The Whopper is the king of big chain fast food burgers in it's price range. Ever tried to eat a Wendy's? Hot and juicy no shit. It's like eating sloppy pussy that's dripping all over the place. Half will end up on your shirt. One time there was a piece of bone in my Wendy's burger. My question was, is it human? I've never been back.
That's only because you guys don't have In N Out where you live. The double double blows the whopper away. I like the chicken sandwich at Burger King but I'd rather eat at Mac's, Jack's, or Carl's if I'm going to have a burger. Right now Del Taco's selling Double Dels two for $3.50. I've been eating them two at a time.
BTW. I guess have it your way includes up the ass now. That's where they can stick their fagburger.

FORD
07-02-2014, 11:08 PM
There's no such thing as LGBT employment non-discrimination on a national level. Many states and cities have made their own non-discrimination policies, but others have not. Probably not a surprise that Chick-Homophobi-A is in most of those locations.

I suspect I was fired from a job once because the boss THOUGHT I was gay. She jumped to such a conclusion because my friends used to visit me at work, and some of them were indeed gay. One of them had an old army jacket with band names & political slogans written on it in the way that a lot of the old school punks used to do. She asked me to write something on the back of her jacket since she was too cold to take it off and do it herself or whatever (fuck if I remember... this was the 80s) .

All of this was caught on closed circuit video camera of course. Two days later I was canned, with no other explanation possible. Apparently she thought that merely writing "SILENCE = DEATH" on a jacket made you instantly homosexual. I certainly didn't catch the gay cooties from lesbians.

DONNIEP
07-02-2014, 11:14 PM
I suspect I was fired from a job once because the boss THOUGHT I was gay.

Were you wearing a halter top and cut off blue jean shorts? Not that I'm into that sort of thing. I mean, there's nothing wrong with it. You know, a couple of dudes, hanging out, wearing halters and cut off jean shorts...talking some Van Halen...

Nitro Express
07-02-2014, 11:17 PM
If niche marketing burgers is the way to go I might start a place targeted to transvestites. Welcome to FLAMERS! Not only are our burgers flame broiled our staff is flaming gay! We only put the best meat between our buns.

DONNIEP
07-02-2014, 11:18 PM
If niche marketing burgers is the way to go I might start a place targeted to transvestites. Welcome to FLAMERS! Not only are our burgers flame broiled our staff is flaming gay! We only put the best meat between our buns.

Need any capital to get this venture off the block?

Nitro Express
07-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Were you wearing a halter top and cut off blue jean shorts? Not that I'm into that sort of thing. I mean, there's nothing wrong with it. You know, a couple of dudes, hanging out, wearing halters and cut off jean shorts...talking some Van Halen...

Nobody dressed like a bigger fag than David Lee Roth did in the 80's. Supposedly we celebrate him here.

Nitro Express
07-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Need any capital to get this venture off the block?

I would rather spend your money than mine. Of course!

DLR Bridge
07-02-2014, 11:20 PM
I think it becomes an agenda once there's power given to a group. They have the power to enforce their opinions and end up abusing it. Recently a C-level exec at Mozilla had to step down because a few years ago he donated like $1000 to a group that doesn't support gay marriage. That's pretty fucked up in my opinion. When you have to fear for your job because your opinions don't align with a certain group with power over you it's an agenda.

I agree that is a fucked up incident. But I also have gay friends, family members and co-workers that don't wield the abusive power that you speak of. I'd hate to live life constantly being judged. There are a lot of assholes out there. Hell, some of them are right here at the good ol' Roth Army, but far be it from me to try and change anyone's mind.

DONNIEP
07-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Nobody dressed like a bigger fag than David Lee Roth did in the 80's. Supposedly we celebrate him here.

Well, 3 of us do. And 3 of us argue nonstop about political bullshit that nobody cares about. And 3 of us run around posting nonsense. And a couple of us post things that generate interest, get eyes on threads, and generate posts. The key here is to add a zero to all those 3s and this place would be back in bidness!

Nitro Express
That's only because you guys don't have In N Out where you live. The double double blows the whopper away. I like the chicken sandwich at Burger King but I'd rather eat at Mac's, Jack's, or Carl's if I'm going to have a burger. Right now Del Taco's selling Double Dels two for $3.50. I've been eating them two at a time.
BTW. I guess have it your way includes up the ass now. That's where they can stick their fagburger.

They have In N Out in Utah. I'm on the road a lot so I do go to In N Out sometimes if I'm in SLC. My wife is a Five Guys person, I tend to lean towards In N Out.

cadaverdog
Make mine flame broiled, too.
Now you can have your Whopper flaming broiled too.

cadaverdog
07-02-2014, 11:26 PM
I was going to make a smartass remark about that post too but Ford hasn't fucked with me in quite awhile so I gave him a pass.

DONNIEP
07-02-2014, 11:29 PM
I was going to make a smartass remark about that post too but Ford hasn't fucked with me in quite awhile so I gave him a pass.

Live and let live, my friend, live and let die. I mean live. Sorry, I was watching a documentary about Bond movies.

Nitro Express
07-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Well, 3 of us do. And 3 of us argue nonstop about political bullshit that nobody cares about. And 3 of us run around posting nonsense. And a couple of us post things that generate interest, get eyes on threads, and generate posts. The key here is to add a zero to all those 3s and this place would be back in bidness!

Many websites have a no politics rule because partisan politics is a spectators sport and the only people who want to talk about it are people who like to get into arguments. It's exciting for those arguing with each other but bores the others out of their skulls. Politics is a big turn off subject to most people.

What would generate interest in Van Halen is if there was something new that fans didn't know before, see before, or hear before. Some stuff does show up on YouTube time to time. The thing is Van Halen have never been the most fan friendly band as far as making things available. They don't celebrate themselves. I think the Van Halens have a bit of ego. They view themselves as musicians and I kind of get the feeling they see themselves above the rock band thing and marketing their image. They just don't want to do it and Dave must need money because they have managed to shut him up. I still don't think Alex likes the guy and it probably makes Alex feel great Dave is basically an employee and they can control him now. Eddie is just happy to be doing stuff with his son but Alex doesn't have that factor.

It's all so boring. People are just burnt on it.

Nitro Express
07-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Live and let live, my friend, live and let die. I mean live. Sorry, I was watching a documentary about Bond movies.

and Diamonds are Forever. Man. I'm kind of into a retro Vegas vibe right now. Not really the best Bond movie but the redhead was hot.

DONNIEP
07-03-2014, 12:00 AM
and Diamonds are Forever. Man. I'm kind of into a retro Vegas vibe right now. Not really the best Bond movie but the redhead was hot.

You mean her?

http://s14.postimg.org/llvvhr0dt/jill_st_jones_fez_o_papel_de_tiffanu_case_em_dia.j pg

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 12:05 AM
Jill St. John. I put a scratch on the bezel on my Rolex. Oh well. I'm aging mine naturally. I need to get one of those autowind cases. I don't wear it enough to keep it wound.

DONNIEP
07-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Jill St. John. I put a scratch on the bezel on my Rolex. Oh well. I'm aging mine naturally. I need to get one of those autowind cases. I don't wear it enough to keep it wound.

Dear God! If you need a winder then I can recommend several to you. I'd suggest only keeping your watches with the GMT function or the day/dates on a winder. The rest are easy to set, just about any time. But those GMTs and day/dates are a tad finicky.

lesfunk
07-03-2014, 12:15 AM
What's in the burger to make it Gay? Ground up horse dick and assholes? Same as a regular whopper

DLR Bridge
07-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Many websites have a no politics rule because partisan politics is a spectators sport and the only people who want to talk about it are people who like to get into arguments. It's exciting for those arguing with each other but bores the others out of their skulls. Politics is a big turn off subject to most people.

What would generate interest in Van Halen is if there was something new that fans didn't know before, see before, or hear before.

Ok. Two weeks ago, there was a thread started about a guy pouring his heart and soul into a definitive book about the origin of Van Halen. The thread got ridiculed and kicked to the side and what we've seen since then is Front Line pissing matches. The very people who could save this place focus the majority of their energy on burning it to the ground. Perhaps, a no politics rule would do this place some good.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 12:22 AM
What's in the burger to make it Gay? Ground up horse dick and assholes? Same as a regular whopper

Well if you are a dude. There might be some special sauce in it for you.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Ok. Two weeks ago, there was a thread started about a guy pouring his heart and soul into a definitive book about the origin of Van Halen. The thread got ridiculed and kicked to the side and what we've seen since then is Front Line pissing matches. The very people who could save this place focus the majority of their energy on burning it to the ground. Perhaps, a no politics rule would do this place some good.

Or just mentioning it here like you just did. The old saying never talk religion or politics has merit. I've seen people get along great but as soon as politics or religion come into the picture it lays a big turd in the punchbowl.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Dear God! If you need a winder then I can recommend several to you. I'd suggest only keeping your watches with the GMT function or the day/dates on a winder. The rest are easy to set, just about any time. But those GMTs and day/dates are a tad finicky.

I have a couple automatics. I need to take my Divemaster in and get the mainspring adjusted and jewels oiled. It's running a tad slow. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have new O rings put in either. The day/date Rolex I have was my dad's watch. I probably need a winder that holds four watches. What are they, just a motor that turns the watches?

I have two Rolex watches and a Tudor. Then I have two Invictas. One of my Invictas keeps pretty good time actually.

DONNIEP
07-03-2014, 12:30 AM

It seems like the same thing happened to the Zen California book that came out a while back. I have that book. Read it cover to cover several times. It got ripped here by people who had never read it and had no intention of reading it. But...if the morons here would give it a try then they might just enjoy it.

Now, having said that, a "no politics" rule would kill this place. It's pretty much all that's left. Most of us have spent almost 14 years arguing every single aspect of Van Halen that there is to argue. And arguing used to be an art form on these sites. So the band is pretty much dead, there's no new news and there probably won't be. So what's really left?

The only thing that's left is the synergy between a handful of us. Elvis argues with Ford. Satan argues with Elvis. Global warming gets a nice run. Big gubment gets a lot of heat. And that's pretty much it.

The funny thing is, I find myself telling people stories about this place, recounting interviews I've seen or read here about the band, and they are always enthralled. There's a wealth of knowledge here that most of the fans don't even know exists. The key is to get them here. Get them reading. Get them posting. And if I knew how to do that then I'd tell Sesh and we would split the profits.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm actually more interestied in watch winding cases than Van Halen at the moment.

DONNIEP
07-03-2014, 12:39 AM
I have a couple automatics. I need to take my Divemaster in and get the mainspring adjusted and jewels oiled. It's running a tad slow. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have new O rings put in either. The day/date Rolex I have was my dad's watch. I probably need a winder that holds four watches. What are they, just a motor that turns the watches?

A winder is just that - a watch case that winds watches. You can get a single, double, or multiple watch winder case. What it does is rotate the watch several times an hour. And that keeps your auto watches all charged up and ready to wear.

The main reason people choose to use watch winders is if they have multiple autos that have day and/or date functions. Take the Seiko Orange Monster as an example. You can pick up an OM for 150 to 200 bucks. But...if you don't wear it regularly then you have to set the date and time every time you put it on. Sounds simple but it's a pain in the ass in reality.

Now, there are people who say watch winders wear watches out. And there are people who say not using a winder is the same as not driving a car for extended periods of time. So it's kind of a personal choice. If you have a small collection, I'd say don't buy a winder.

DLR Bridge
07-03-2014, 12:40 AM
I've seen people get along great but as soon as politics or religion come into the picture it lays a big turd in the punchbowl.

Always will.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 12:41 AM
I think the fans are burnt. What generated a lot of interest was when Dave showed up at the MTV awards in 1996 and did those two tracks on the Best Of Volume One CD. That all broke and built a huge amount of excitement all when the internet was starting to become a media sharing platform. The David Lee Roth Army was real cutting edge in the day. This is where you came for MP3's of bootlegs and videos. Since Sarge didn't regulate the forums too much you had to have a thick skin. The forums here were always rough and tumble. But this was the real classic Van Halen website. No Sammy or Gary was allowed here. The other sites were a bit of a fag fest.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 12:44 AM
Always will.

Yup and people use that dynamic to divide and conquer.

DONNIEP
07-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Yup and people use that dynamic to divide and conquer.

Unfortunately, you're right. It happened here and it drove a lot of people away.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 12:54 AM
A winder is just that - a watch case that winds watches. You can get a single, double, or multiple watch winder case. What it does is rotate the watch several times an hour. And that keeps your auto watches all charged up and ready to wear.

The main reason people choose to use watch winders is if they have multiple autos that have day and/or date functions. Take the Seiko Orange Monster as an example. You can pick up an OM for 150 to 200 bucks. But...if you don't wear it regularly then you have to set the date and time every time you put it on. Sounds simple but it's a pain in the ass in reality.

Now, there are people who say watch winders wear watches out. And there are people who say not using a winder is the same as not driving a car for extended periods of time. So it's kind of a personal choice. If you have a small collection, I'd say don't buy a winder.

I talked to a Rolex factory authorized technician and he said wear the watch. That's what you bought it for. He said what does the most damage to the movement is not bringing it in and having it cleaned and oiled. He said it should be done every five years.

I rarely wear my dad's watch and that's the one that is a bit tricky to reset. I bet the Daytona is a lot of fun. I'm a dive master guy. I do occasionally use the bezel if I need to time something. I'm allergic to leather and cheap metal bands. I love the thing because I can wear it all the time and it never gives me a rash and frankly, I'm amazed at how accurate these mechanical movements can be. My father in law still wears the Rolex pilots watch he got in the Air Force during the Korean war. It's still keeping good time.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Unfortunately, you're right. It happened here and it drove a lot of people away.

Some people like to argue for entertainment and other people's entertainment is manipulating others. Now apparently Facebook is even manipulating people's posts to study how people react. Maybe with all this online communication we are learning we are even more fucked up than we thought we were or the technology is fucking us up. LOL!

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 01:02 AM
On the other hand, these mechanical watches can be a pain in the butt. LOL! People like the gizmo factor. It's kind of like vacuum tubes. Very retro cool but solid state and micro electronics are just more practical.

DONNIEP
07-03-2014, 01:05 AM
I talked to a Rolex factory authorized technician and he said wear the watch. That's what you bought it for. He said what does the most damage to the movement is not bringing it in and having it cleaned and oiled. He said it should be done every five years.

I rarely wear my dad's watch and that's the one that is a bit tricky to reset. I bet the Daytona is a lot of fun. I'm a dive master guy. I do occasionally use the bezel if I need to time something. I'm allergic to leather and cheap metal bands. I love the thing because I can wear it all the time and it never gives me a rash and frankly, I'm amazed at how accurate these mechanical movements can be. My father in law still wears the Rolex pilots watch he got in the Air Force during the Korean war. It's still keeping good time.

An auto should be worn and/or put on a winder. The argument against using a winder is that it wears it out. BUT - the argument against letting it sit is that it doesn't get oiled.

I wear my 1675 nearly every day. The damn thing is 37 years old and runs like a dream. So winder, no winder, whatever. Like I said, if you have a large collection of finicky watches then buy a multiple winder. If you have a few watches, like most people, and you rotate 'em then screw a winder.

SunisinuS
07-03-2014, 01:05 AM

What's Christian about industrial killing of other living things because you cannot eat a fucking plant?

Genesis 1:29: Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

I see nothing Christian in caged animals that live horrible lives so people can prove how macho they are. Post Noah...even then the Christian Bible does not like it.

Just saying......ooops? Not impressed by Chik a fuck's Christianity....sorry. And no...not interested in discussing the "right" "Christian" way....cracks a beer in a bar. They ain't no fuckin' stewards of the earth according to the book they claim they follow.

Eating meat is Gay from the start:

https://myspace.com/380313653/video/non-gay-hot-dogs/7456048

lol nothing personal Donniep by "you" was just about people. I just think it is funny....que Ted Nugent. As a third generation vegetarian that can out fight and out fuck most meat eaters...the whole conversation about "Whoppers" seems funny. Us poor vagitarians...our perspective is not even invited to the party. We are just wilting lettuce. Holy Shit let's sue Oprah for even suggesting maybe meat eating might not be the best thing as stewards of the earth. There is your diversity.

But I do see Burger King as better than some others...they have Garden Burgers and have for over 25 years....they are not vegetarianphobic. Hell I am one of the less than 1% of the population that does not set foot in MacDonalds at least once a year. Just nothing there for me to eat. Apple Pies are ok from the Drive Through.

So yea...I do not like eating chicken.* Even if they are grown in a lab with no head. I am one of those inconceivable weirdos. I do like the smell of bacon though....even if I do not eat it and never purchase it. Gay people are not killing the earth....although you could make an argument industrialized meat eating might be... So they can keep their fancy wrappers.

DONNIEP
07-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Dude - you prove to me that you don't like chicken and I'll try to agree with your wacked out post. The one right above me that makes no sense whatsoever. Or does. But who the fuck can tell..

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 01:32 AM
What's Christian about industrial killing of other living things because you cannot eat a fucking plant?

Genesis 1:29: Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

I see nothing Christian in caged animals that live horrible lives so people can prove how macho they are. Post Noah...even then the Christian Bible does not like it.

Just saying......ooops? Not impressed by Chik a fuck's Christianity....sorry. And no...not interested in discussing the "right" "Christian" way....cracks a beer in a bar. They ain't no fuckin' stewards of the earth according to the book they claim they follow.

Eating meat is Gay from the start:

https://myspace.com/380313653/video/non-gay-hot-dogs/7456048

lol nothing personal Donniep by "you" was just about people. I just think it is funny....que Ted Nugent. As a third generation vegetarian that can out fight and out fuck most meat eaters...the whole conversation about "Whoppers" seems funny. Us poor vagitarians...our perspective is not even invited to the party. We are just wilting lettuce. Holy Shit let's sue Oprah for even suggestion maybe meat eating might not be the best thing as stewards of the earth. There is your diversity.

But I do see BurgerKing as better than some others...they have Garden Burgers and have for over 25 years....they are not vegetarianphobic. Hell I am one of the less than 1% of the population that does not set foot in MacDonalds at least once a year. Just nothing there for me to eat. Apple Pies are ok from the Drive Through.

It's not a true Christian restaurant unless you can turn water to wine and feed 5,000 people with a few loaves of bread and a few fish.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 01:34 AM
Wait until the jews get the third temple built in Jerusalem. That place will be one big animal killing factory. Non stop kosher BBQ.

DONNIEP
07-03-2014, 01:40 AM
Wait until the jews get the third temple build in Jerusalem. That place will be one big animal killing factory. Non stop kosher BBQ.

Have you ever seen the kosher slaughter process? I used to buy kosher hot dogs because they were so damn tasty. But once I saw that they used a magical machete to cut the cows' throats..I said to hell with that. I'm all for killing animals for us to have food. But that shit was really bad.

FORD
07-03-2014, 01:52 AM
I do like the smell of bacon though....even if I do not eat it and never purchase it.

You really need to get these then.....

http://www.buykettlechips.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/a/maplebacon.png

Tastes like bacon, but there's no actual bacon in it. Like all other Kettle products, it even has the Kosher symbol, and the rabbis obviously would never sign off on any dead piggie parts being involved. Just veggie material (potatoes, peanut oil, maple, etc.)

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 01:53 AM
Have you ever seen the kosher slaughter process? I used to buy kosher hot dogs because they were so damn tasty. But once I saw that they used a magical machete to cut the cows' throats..I said to hell with that. I'm all for killing animals for us to have food. But that shit was really bad.

You should see what goes into gentile hotdogs. You wouldn't eat those either if you knew. The best way to kill a cow is to knock it in the head with a six pound sledge hammer. They are dead before they hit the ground. Slaughter houses have a machine that does basically the same thing. In Nepal they cut the whole head of a water buffalo off.

I just see it this way. People moved from the farms to the cities. Their meat is at the store in nice little packages. They don't see the killing and butchering. We also have more food choices than our grand parents and great grand parents had unless they were rich. Some people choose to be vegitarians because they have the luxury of choice. If they were ever in a situation where there was no grocery store and they had to hunt and gather for food and were real hungry, they would kill an animal no problem. You would see the most die hard animal lover and veggitarian turn into a hunter and killer.

FORD
07-03-2014, 02:01 AM

That's probably a lot less gross than what happens in the slaughterhouse of a factory farm. The throat slitting is done, because the Kosher laws forbid eating blood, so the idea is to drain it as quickly as possible. It's probably more humane than whatever happens in the factory death chambers, for that matter.

I'm not Jewish, but I'll buy products with the Kosher symbols on them when I can find them, because I know they're going to be healthier overall, probably have a lot less additives in them, and be made under more sanitary conditions.

And I keep bugging JC to send me some of that "HeBrew" Kosher beer, but apparently it's a bitch to ship something from Heaven these days......

http://www.shmaltzbrewing.com/HEBREW/HIH/HIH.jpg

L'chaim :gulp:

SunisinuS
07-03-2014, 02:05 AM
I'm an animal. I will survive and kill another animal if I NEED it to survive you bet. Even as vegetarian all my life I took survival courses that included skinning a rabbit just so I was ready at anytime to do it. I don't understand why human meat eaters are afraid of eating each other...it is just meat. I just know and have known through over 4 generations that there was always the choice to not eat it. Grands were in the 1920's, parents in the 1940's, me in the 80's....just never needed it. At least back in 20's you had to raise those 60 whole chickens you can just waddle into and purchase from KFC now. It just does not make much sense to make food so difficult and resource laden to make just for distribution purposes, when a field of plants can do the same thing with much less drain.

But, I am not a hater....have no problem with meat eaters...just is kinda sad when I know their personal choices are ruining a lot of others in terms of food success. Burning down the rain forest for your cows....sigh. But I guess I get to litter for free as a vegetarian...we should be exempt from that law...just to catch up a bit. Lol. Where is MY fucking carbon credit? As meat eaters owe me a hell of a lot of money and land.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 02:05 AM
Ok what the jews do is use a very sharp knife to cut the jugular vein. That's a quick kill if done right. Also the animal bleeds out quick and you get better quality meat that way. The sooner you bleed the animal out the better.

FORD
07-03-2014, 02:10 AM
With chickens, it's easy enough. The poor dumb things run around without their heads until they bleed out. Makes a hell of a mess out of the barn yard though. Looks like a crime scene by the time it's done.

SunisinuS
07-03-2014, 02:15 AM
With chickens, it's easy enough. The poor dumb things run around without their heads until they bleed out. Makes a hell of a mess out of the barn yard though. Looks like a crime scene by the time it's done.

Grandma knew the right way to do that...even after she left great grandmas eating of them....everyone that raises them and is around them knows you swing them around your head until their head pops off. Simplest, cheapest way, and even young girls can do it. Ask any Haitian.

Lol and Ford, you would be a dumb thing running round with your head off, too....hehe.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 02:19 AM
I'm an animal. I will survive and kill another animal if I NEED it to survive you bet. Even as vegetarian all my life I took survival courses that included skinning a rabbit just so I was ready at anytime to do it. I don't understand why human meat eaters are afraid of eating each other...it is just meat. I just know and have known through over 4 generations that there was always the choice to not eat it. Grands were in the 1920's, parents in the 1940's, me in the 80's....just never needed it. At least back in 20's you had to raise those 60 whole chickens you can just waddle into and purchase from KFC now. It just does not make much sense to make food so difficult and resource laden to make just for distribution purposes, when a field of plants can do the same thing with much less drain.

But, I am not a hater....have no problem with meat eaters...just is kinda sad when I know their personal choices are ruining a lot of others in terms of food success. Burning down the rain forest for your cows....sigh. But I guess I get to litter for free as a vegetarian...we should be exempt from that law...just to catch up a bit. Lol.

I don't know about going full bore vegetarian. People tend to eat too much meat. We are supposed to eat mostly vegetables. A lot of times I will order a vegetarian pizza because that's what I want. People who eat a vegetable high diet tend to be healthier. For red meat we mostly eat bison. Ours are raised on an indian reservation and we buy it butchered and packed by the tribe. I don't know how they dispatch the bison. Maybe they run a big spear into the heart. LOL!

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 02:21 AM

That's why my grandfather broke their necks instead. Quicker and less messy. He had this mean nasty goose that used to chase me. That was one animal I was glad to see get the ax.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 02:30 AM
I really don't like butchering animals. It's a messy, tedious process. It's probably why I don't hunt as much as I used to. I've gotten lazy and it's just a lot of work. LOL!

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 02:36 AM
That's probably a lot less gross than what happens in the slaughterhouse of a factory farm. The throat slitting is done, because the Kosher laws forbid eating blood, so the idea is to drain it as quickly as possible. It's probably more humane than whatever happens in the factory death chambers, for that matter.

I'm not Jewish, but I'll buy products with the Kosher symbols on them when I can find them, because I know they're going to be healthier overall, probably have a lot less additives in them, and be made under more sanitary conditions.

And I keep bugging JC to send me some of that "HeBrew" Kosher beer, but apparently it's a bitch to ship something from Heaven these days......

http://www.shmaltzbrewing.com/HEBREW/HIH/HIH.jpg

L'chaim :gulp:

I knew a guy who worked in the quality control lab for a cream cheese factory. He said he rabbi would come in unannounced and he was impressed with the guy's knowledge of the food industry. He said the best cream cheese came out of Idaho because it had the best source of fresh milk. So kosher in many cases means quality.

FORD
07-03-2014, 02:40 AM
When I was a kid, I laughed at the chickens getting their heads chopped? Is that wrong? :(

Never did like to see the rabbits get killed though. Ran outside one cold November morning wearing nothing but pajamas and bare feet to make sure that "Thumper" didn't get killed.

He lived a long and happy life, in bunny years. Probably fathered a couple hundred children, though a lot of those were with blood relatives, so he was a real redneck rabbit. Some of those babies had such curly hair, I thought the poodle across the street had broken into the rabbit cages.

Never saw a cow get killed, but I saw a lot of skinned cow carcasses hanging in the barn in the middle of winter. Same cows that I probably looked in the eye and fed out of my hands before. That's kinda gross when you think about it.......

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 02:42 AM
Nope. I used to laugh too. In fact sometimes I would spin them around and get them dizzy and then chop their heads off. Hey it was the early 70's. People were less uptight.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 02:52 AM
I was always amazed at the killing power a 30-30 Winchester had out of a Marlin 336. That was my first hunting rifle. You place the bullet behind the shoulder and it would just drop a deer or elk quick. Better than some of the more powerful rounds. They were dead before they even hit the ground. Every kill was a clean kill. The thing is when you hunt in the open country out west you need a rifle and round that can shoot farther. I found the Nosler partition bullets work very well.

Then once they are down you slit their throats. One to bleed them out quick and two as a safety precaution. Sometimes the animal isn't dead they come to and wreck havoc.

I never liked bow hunting. The animal slowly bleeds to death in a lot of cases.

Anonymous
07-03-2014, 07:15 AM
Man, I been dishin' out thanks in this thread like a coked up Miley dishin' out blow jobs to rappers.

I dunno why gays make such a big fuss about being gay, really. I don't go around screaming I like pussy.

And yeah, there's a double standard about what is "allowed" & what's not. I'd like to think that it's because people are tired of the Church & all its bullshit, but nope. Like Vain wrote, it's just the "tolerant" people being intolerant again.

Ford, dude, we all know you are gay. Maybe you haven't realized it yet, but c'mon. Like you often say, there's nothing wrong with that. Hell, I was gay for a while, remember? Not long enough to have something up my bum, but I did shave my body hair. Then I went dancing & gave up. I'm just not cut out for all that dancing

Bridgemeister, the reason people here shit all over new VH stuff is because they're fucking pissed at all the wasted years of being a fan of that band. The demands are high now, & the offerings are low & not even from the band. As usual.

Nitro, alot of people will blame technology for turning us into fucked up freaks, all the while ignoring we were fucked up freaks long before the first machine was invented. People really don't want to understand the monsters humans are, so they'll blame anything they can instead. TV, music, comics, cartoons, booze, internet, videogames, etc.

Cheers! :beers:

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Maybe we should make an "I Love Pussy!" flag and have parades to celebrate it.

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Chopping off heads. Slitting throats. Getting Chickens dizzy. Gay restaurants. Choking the chicken. Only at The Roth Army!

Nitro Express
07-03-2014, 11:22 AM
And yeah, there's a double standard about what is "allowed" & what's not. I'd like to think that it's because people are tired of the Church & all its bullshit, but nope. Like Vain wrote, it's just the "tolerant" people being intolerant again.

It's about power. People love power. Once they start getting a little attention and can influence society they get a taste and go full bore ape shit. Whether it's the Tea Party or gay rights movement. Everyone wants to be the one in charge. EVERYONE WANTS SOME AND WANTS SOME TOO! A LITTLE AIN'T ENOUGH!

See when you were getting stoned listening to the poetry of Mr. Roth you were actually getting a valuable sociological lesson. You should have gotten some college credit. It was not a waste of time. You were being educated.

jacksmar
07-03-2014, 11:25 AM

http://blog.sfgate.com/killion/2014/05/06/jacksons-religious-views-an-issue-with-warriors/#23116101=0

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/scotus-declines-appeal-by-university-administrator-fired-for-homosexuality

http://www.texasconservativerepublicannews.com/2012/03/tx-professor-fired-for-refusing-to.html

heads up ass.............................brown dirt cowboys........................................... ................

DLR Bridge
07-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Let's see, you've got a jettisoned basketball coach who created waves with many within the organization over a multitude of reasons, who also, mind you, did not file a wrongful termination suit. A woman so ignorant, ("those choosing the homosexual lifestyle" SMMFH!) she deserved to be treated like a math teacher being fired for insisting 2 + 2 = 5. And a story that sounds like a tinkered with pile of horse shit, put out by a right fringe site, Texasconservativerepublic.con, chased with some juvenile remark. Good stuff.

FORD
07-12-2014, 01:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vBAFgKUkYQ

ELVIS
07-12-2014, 01:18 PM
He's right, but who cares...

Fast food sucks...

FORD
07-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Well.... if a hot piece of meat wedged between two warm buns drenched in mayonaise causes you to think about two men having sex with each other, then maybe it's you who has "issues" and not Burger King.

That said, I haven't had a fast food burger in years. The only places I go anymore that could be considered "fast food" are Subway and Chipotle. Mainly because at least there I have some control over how much crap I put into my body by eating there, and at least there are a few fresh vegetables involved.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Well.... if a hot piece of meat wedged between two warm buns drenched in mayonaise causes you to think about two men having sex with each other

Well, it didn't until you put it that way. Me Yow....

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:48 PM
The thing about Subway is that just about everything they serve tastes exactly the same. I mean, I like it and all, but it's just kinda blah. And why can't they have something else for a side instead of potato chips? I fucking HATE potato chips. And Doritos. And Sun Chips. I hate all of that crap. It's like eating little crunchy pieces of disappointment.

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Well, it didn't until you put it that way. Me Yow....

I'll agree that it is a very erotic way to put it.

I had this urge to fondle myself while reading it.

Cheers! :beers: