PDA

View Full Version : Ramones drummer Tommy Ramone dies age 65

FORD
07-12-2014, 02:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsUd6Y5CIAAq92d.jpg

Published: July 12, 2014 - 4:19PM

Ramones drummer Tommy Ramone has died, the band says.

"We are saddened to announce the passing of Ramones founding drummer Tommy (Erdelyi) Ramone. #RIPTommy Ramone," the band announced on its official Twitter account.

We are saddened to announce the passing of Ramones founding drummer Tommy (Erdelyi) Ramone. #RIPTommyRamone pic.twitter.com/kDBNMpn4Tp
— Ramones (@RamonesOfficial) July 12, 2014

The band, founded in New York in 1974, had a major influence on punk rock in the US.

All members of the band adopted the surname Ramone although they weren't related.

Tommy Ramone, whos real name was Tommy Erdelyi, was the last surviving member of the original four Ramones.

AAP

FORD
07-12-2014, 02:54 AM
The original four, doing what they do best. Hard to believe that all of them are gone now :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imf25Squ8ro

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 02:59 AM
Man, they still suck. Dead or alive, they suck.

vandeleur
07-12-2014, 03:06 AM
I love a bit of ramonage ... great fun live .

vandeleur
07-12-2014, 03:06 AM

Miserable grouch ... not enough inflatable mikes for you :)

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 03:10 AM

Inflatable Mileys...Mileys....get it right.

:biggrin:

FORD
07-12-2014, 03:20 AM

You weren't at that gig in the video, by any chance? Think that was a London show.

vandeleur
07-12-2014, 04:07 AM
Nah seen then two maybe three times in Newcastle .. 84 to about 90 probably .
It was a blurry time :D

ashstralia
07-12-2014, 06:52 AM
I'm agreeing with Donald. Never got it. Even the Simpsons Ramones left me like 'meh'.

And it's not like I don't like plenty of other one trick pony bands.... But wouldn't it be a boring world if we all liked the exact same things?

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 07:03 AM

We are not friends anymore.

Cheers! :beers:

ashstralia
07-12-2014, 07:15 AM
You guys weren't ever friends, just a couple of like minded skanks who met up in Ibiza occasionally for a bit of 'no holes barred'. ;)

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 07:19 AM
The original four, doing what they do best. Hard to believe that all of them are gone now :(

This is one band I'll always regret never having seen live.

Granted, I never had the chance, but it could've happened.

In a perfect world, where they would be given their dues & be multi-millionaires, instead of driving around South America in a decayed bus.

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 07:20 AM

Don't talk to that individual, Vandy.

ashstralia
07-12-2014, 07:36 AM
I was front row at Jeff Buckley and the Grace band on 20 Feb 1996. It remains the most sublime and powerful musical performance I've ever witnessed.

The one band I'd love to see but never have is mötörheäd

DLR Bridge
07-12-2014, 07:51 AM
I was front row at Jeff Buckley and the Grace band on 20 Feb 1996.

Rub it in one more time, one more time...

I would have loved to have seen the Ramones in the 70s. Pet Cemetery era, not so much.

RIP

ashstralia
07-12-2014, 08:07 AM
You're class, Bridge.

:yo:

Susie Q
07-12-2014, 10:02 AM
I regretted never seeing Queen live with Mercury. :'(

Kristy
07-12-2014, 11:51 AM

Fucking aging Ozzy fans.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Fucking aging Ozzy fans.

Nope. Never cared much for Ozzy either.

Kristy
07-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Oh, I understand. You're a closet Winger fan. That explains a lot about you.
http://i1.wp.com/www.metalinjection.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Winger-Beavis-and-Butthead-Stewart.jpg

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Nope. Never cared much for Ozzy either.

Well, that's all fine & dandy, but about the Ramones, they're like a retarded, but kickass, funny brother. You either praise & glorify them or don't speak about them at all, because that makes you a jackass.

Better to let people think you're a fool than to type against the Ramones & remove all doubt, Donnie.

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 12:30 PM
http://i1.wp.com/www.metalinjection.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Winger-Beavis-and-Butthead-Stewart.jpg

That's Donnie! Goddamn, that IS DONNIE! Look at the blonde hair & the slightly chubby, boyish face!

Photographic evidence of Donnie wearing a Winger t-shirt... if I were a bastard, I could make lot money out of that... but if I didn't blackmail him over that homemade "cinematic masterpiece", I guess I'll let this one slide, too.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 12:52 PM
I ain't no closet Winger fan - everybody knows I liked Winger. I mean you had Rod Morgenstein and Reb Beach in the same band - what's not to like? Ok, so you had the extremely gay dude singing and prancing around, when they could actually pry him from in front of a mirror I'm sure. But other than that it was a pretty good band.

And before Izzy has a complete breakdown, I do like a couple of Ramones songs. I can even remember the names of two of them. So there.

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 12:57 PM
And before Izzy has a complete breakdown, I do like a couple of Ramones songs. I can even remember the names of two of them. So there.

Well, I guess we could still be on speaking terms.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Well, I guess we could still be on speaking terms.

Just try not to look directly into Kip Winger's eyes.

vandeleur
07-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Fuck that ..... Don't let him off .

Name them :biggrin:

ELVIS
07-12-2014, 01:06 PM

If you weren't so wasted you'd know Donnie likes Winger...

Idiot...

Kristy
07-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Wow! Another "educated" reply from Dumbellvis.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:09 PM

Ok, Mr. Too Cool Rock Guy, I will. One is I Wanna Be Sedated and the other one is something else. I'm drawing a blank now but it'll come back to me.

:biggrin:

vandeleur
07-12-2014, 01:12 PM
You lied on the Internet .

You mean mean meanie :D

ELVIS
07-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Wow! Another "educated" reply from Dumbellvis.

No...

I just have a memory because I'm not wasted or trying to get wasted all of the time...

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:15 PM
You lied on the Internet .

You mean mean meanie :D

Oh please, lying is like 95% of what I do. You know that. :lmao:

Kristy
07-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Wonderful! Do write your G.E.D. essay elsewhere, okay?

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:18 PM
No...

I just have a memory because I'm not wasted or trying to get wasted all of the time...

The drumming on that first record kicks ass. Rod played in the Dixie Dregs for cryin out loud.

Kristy
07-12-2014, 01:20 PM
I once played a Dixie Chicks CD for crying out loud.
http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0002/759/MI0002759833.jpg

Believe they are Winger fans, too.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:22 PM
I once played a Dixie Chicks CD for crying out loud.
http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0002/759/MI0002759833.jpg

Believe they are Winger fans, too.

I can't decide if I want to fuck the one in the middle or the one up against that wall or whatever the hell it is.

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 01:22 PM

Better we let this be.

I don't want to have to get on a plane to Dixieland to kick his cracka ass.

Kristy
07-12-2014, 01:23 PM
I can't decide if I want to fuck the one in the middle or the one up against that wall or whatever the hell it is.

You're an asshole at times.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:26 PM
You're an asshole at times.

Sometimes. But I've got you here to set me straight so it kinda balances out. Now, tell me which chick you were in that video. I'm tired of waiting and I think I'm right.

Kristy
07-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Um, I'm the F A T one. Yeah, the F A T one.

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 01:29 PM

Picky, picky, picky.

As the quantity rises, the quality demand lowers.

Would you rather bang a Perfect 10, or two 6-7s? If it's five of them, I'll go as low as a 4. Because 6+7=13, quite a bit more than your 10.

I'll have all three, please. Tongues can & should be used at all times.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:29 PM

Is that some sort of code? You mean now I have to guess what F A T is an acronym for in order to decipher which one you are? Just tell me. I won't tell anybody. Not even Izzy, even when he begs.

ELVIS
07-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Faggot Ass Tranny ??

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Picky, picky, picky.

As the quantity rises, the quality demand lowers.

Would you rather bang a Perfect 10, or two 6-7s? If it's five of them, I'll go as low as a 4. Because 6+7=13, quite a bit more than your 10.

I'll have all three, please. Tongues can & should be used at all times.

See, the little one has anger issues. And I picture her screaming at you for enjoying it after you get done with said banging. She also looks like she'd have self esteem issues and an inferiority complex that manifests itself in ways that would make you want to burn your house down with her in it. That look in her eyes in that picture? It says "I'm gonna cut your tires". I know, I've seen it often enough.

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 01:33 PM

Don't lie. I love that little pose you did.

And those sweet, sweet white, very white legs.

You need to hop on over here to Casa del Licker & get a proper tan. And a damn good servicing, to boot.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Don't lie. I love that little pose you did.

And those sweet, sweet white, very white legs.

You need to hop on over here to Casa del Licker & get a proper tan. And a damn good servicing, to boot.

Amen on the tan! Woot! I'm about to go outside, coat myself in more Banana Boat oil than a New Jersey meat head and stay out there til I puke.

And just one thing, I don't know what Woot! means. I think it's some new hip thing people type but I'm not sure. It looks kinda gay when you read it.

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Amen on the tan! Woot! I'm about to go outside, coat myself in more Banana Boat oil than a New Jersey meat head and stay out there til I puke.

And just one thing, I don't know what Woot! means. I think it's some new hip thing people type but I'm not sure. It looks kinda gay when you read it.

We Own the Other Team.

Don't ask... it's as bad as Vanilla... DEFINITELY don't ask.

Make sure you recycle the bottle. Otherwise the Earth will boil over, & then explode.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:44 PM
We Own the Other Team.

Don't ask... it's as bad as Vanilla... DEFINITELY don't ask.

Make sure you recycle the bottle. Otherwise the Earth will boil over, & then explode.

Why can't just part of the earth boil over? You know which part I'm talking about. The part where those people live. You know which ones I'm talking about. The ones nobody would miss if they all spontaneously combusted...

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 01:45 PM
See, the little one has anger issues. And I picture her screaming at you for enjoying it after you get done with said banging. She also looks like she'd have self esteem issues and an inferiority complex that manifests itself in ways that would make you want to burn your house down with her in it. That look in her eyes in that picture? It says "I'm gonna cut your tires". I know, I've seen it often enough.

She just needs a damn good rogering. After a proper seeing to, even the craziest woman mellows down for a few moments... enough to sneak out the door & head on home.

Take the long way around with a few detours & winding paths, to make sure she doesn't follow you.

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Why can't just part of the earth boil over? You know which part I'm talking about. The part where those people live. You know which ones I'm talking about. The ones nobody would miss if they all spontaneously combusted...

What, the Southern Hemisphere, Middle East & Mejico?

What about the Señoritas? The Thai "Ladies"? The Exotic Arabic Women? No Donnie, you can't just boil people indiscriminately... you have to do it selectively. Gather them round first, then separate them, maybe move some of them over to a few guarded areas, camps if you will, where we can concentrate them until we figure out a way to dispose of them.

This is a very rough idea, of course, but I think I may be on to something.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:53 PM
She just needs a damn good rogering. After a proper seeing to, even the craziest woman mellows down for a few moments... enough to sneak out the door & head on home.

Take the long way around with a few detours & winding paths, to make sure she doesn't follow you.

I see you are not as well versed in the Crazy as I am. They always follow you home. Always. And then sometimes they wait in your apartment parking lot, waaayyyy down near the end, and they hide and catch you letting a chick in the building. Or worse - letting her out. Then all hell breaks loose, she goes nuts, breaks some shit in your apartment, you throw her out and then wind up banging the life out of her two hours later when she comes back half drunk and blaming herself for you screwing that chick that just left 3 hours ago. Then you wake up with a head ache and Psycho in bed beside you and you know you can't get her to leave because now she's convinced you're meant to be together when all you really want to do is bang the chick from last night while her boyfriend is still at the beach because god knows when you're gonna get the chance again.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:54 PM
What, the Southern Hemisphere, Middle East & Mejico?

What about the Señoritas? The Thai "Ladies"? The Exotic Arabic Women? No Donnie, you can't just boil people indiscriminately... you have to do it selectively. Gather them round first, then separate them, maybe move some of them over to a few guarded areas, camps if you will, where we can concentrate them until we figure out a way to dispose of them.

This is a very rough idea, of course, but I think I may be on to something.

Camps? You mean like happy places where they can be with other people just like them? Where they won't bother us anymore? I like it. I'm just surprised nobody's tried it before.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 01:57 PM
You guys do know what the next question is gonna be, right? About the camps?

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 01:59 PM
I see you are not as well versed in the Crazy as I am. They always follow you home. Always. And then sometimes they wait in your apartment parking lot, waaayyyy down near the end, and they hide and catch you letting a chick in the building. Or worse - letting her out. Then all hell breaks loose, she goes nuts, breaks some shit in your apartment, you throw her out and then wind up banging the life out of her two hours later when she comes back half drunk and blaming herself for you screwing that chick that just left 3 hours ago. Then you wake up with a head ache and Psycho in bed beside you and you know you can't get her to leave because now she's convinced you're meant to be together when all you really want to do is bang the chick from last night while her boyfriend is still at the beach because god knows when you're gonna get the chance again.

Well, I'm not into full-on psychos like you are, Donnie. So I guess I'll never go through all that drama. Which is a good thing, 'coz I'm a quiet guy & I like my peace & silence. That's why I never married or owned a dog. Oy vey!

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Camps? You mean like happy places where they can be with other people just like them? Where they won't bother us anymore? I like it. I'm just surprised nobody's tried it before.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious when you think about it. I guess other people just aren't as smart as we are.

Kristy
07-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Faggot Ass Tranny ??

Soooooooooooooooooooooo Christian!

Kristy
07-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Well, I'm not into full-on psychos like you are, Donnie. So I guess I'll never go through all that drama. Which is a good thing, 'coz I'm a quiet guy & I like my peace & silence. That's why I never married or owned a dog. Oy vey!

Replying to Donnie fiction?

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 02:09 PM
You guys do know what the next question is gonna be, right? About the camps?

I do not, Donnie. What will the next question be about the camps?

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 02:10 PM

Hey - it wasn't fiction. It was just a good story. Did I ever tell you about the time the chick almost overdosed sitting outside the door to my apartment?

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 02:11 PM

Well, you have to keep him happy, otherwise you know what happens, right? We'll have another riot on our hands.

He's C R A Z Y. He can't spell, so he'll never figure out I just called him crazy.

Kristy
07-12-2014, 02:27 PM
Well, he does believe he has a "friend" named Fonzi.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Well, you have to keep him happy, otherwise you know what happens, right? We'll have another riot on our hands.

He's C R A Z Y. He can't spell, so he'll never figure out I just called him crazy.

I think you might be making fun of me. But it's so hard to tell. And I'm pretty lazy about trying to figure stuff out. Just like E's posts. I mean, I try reading the articles he posts but they've got soooo many words in em. That's why I like Kristy. She just calls me a mean name and hits Post.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Well, he does believe he has a "friend" named Fonzi.

I am.....The Most!!

Kristy
07-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Check it out. Here's a motorcycle that Donnie bought for his "friend" The Fonz from Walmart:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/Happy_days_1976_fonzies_apartment.JPG

So sad.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Aw man, the Fonz was so upset when those dudes took his bike apart. I mean, it was a piece of shit, sure. But he loved it almost as much as he loved, well, you know.

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 02:39 PM
I think you might be making fun of me. But it's so hard to tell. And I'm pretty lazy about trying to figure stuff out. Just like E's posts. I mean, I try reading the articles he posts but they've got soooo many words in em. That's why I like Kristy. She just calls me a mean name and hits Post.

And then I get all angry red with jealousy.

But I suppose Kristy's free to flirt with whoever she chooses. And really, I can't stay mad at her. The memory of Kristy's very pale legs melts the ice in my heart every time I think of her.

I may have the hots for Kristy.

Mr. Vengeance
07-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Anyone who would say the Ramones suck knows nothing about rock n' roll.

End of story.

All four originals dead. Three from cancer......

Anonymous
07-12-2014, 02:54 PM

End of story.

Donnie has already been shown the error of his ways. He won't make that mistake again.

FORD
07-12-2014, 03:19 PM
God damn, it's time to get this thread back on topic......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPp0-3Vo2uM

FORD
07-12-2014, 03:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiNEjAia9_k

Nitro Express
07-12-2014, 03:21 PM
Fonzie seemed to be the only one that could get laid on the show.

Nitro Express
07-12-2014, 03:42 PM
God damn, it's time to get this thread back on topic......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPp0-3Vo2uM

The idiots in the media are posting pictures of Marky Ramone. I read the news this morning and thought Marky had died.

Nitro Express
07-12-2014, 03:45 PM

End of story.

I'm amazed they didn't die sooner. I went to CBGB's once back in the 80's. Basically a urine soaked biohazard with loud music. I guess it had piles of dog shit all over when the Ramones played there.

Nitro Express
07-12-2014, 03:47 PM
I really didn't know about The Ramones until I saw them at the US Festival in 83. I thought they were one of the best bands actually. The huge audience were even bopping to the songs.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm amazed they didn't die sooner. I went to CBGB's once back in the 80's. Basically a urine soaked biohazard with loud music. I guess it had piles of dog shit all over when the Ramones played there.

Sounds like most of the Middle East.

Nitro Express
07-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Sounds like most of the Middle East.
Cairo was a filthy town.

cadaverdog
07-12-2014, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't say The Ramones suck but I wasn't a fan either. They were together for over twenty years. That's a lot longer than most bands make it and the original members were all still alive when they decided to call it quits. They weren't all active members of the band then but they were still alive and kicking.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Cairo was a filthy town.

I want to go see the Middle East of the Indiana Jones movies. You know, where the people are all friendly and don't go around cutting off other people's head and stuff. Well, at least not tanned white people's heads.

Nitro Express
07-12-2014, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't say The Ramones suck but I wasn't a fan either. They were together for over twenty years. That's a lot longer than most bands make it and the original members were all still alive when they decided to call it quits. They weren't all active members of the band then but they were still alive and kicking.

The Ramones were so bad they were good. The appeal was they were a bunch of nerds laying it down. They were the counter band. Lead singers were supposed to be glam and in the Ramones, the biggest nerd in the band was the lead singer. People say they were the first punk rock band. I think they were just a bunch of misfits who stuck with it and had songs good enough to get people bopping. They were fun. They didn't seem posed or fake. Who knows why people liked them, but they did have some great goofy songs I still like to crank the hell out of.

FORD
07-12-2014, 03:59 PM
The idiots in the media are posting pictures of Marky Ramone. I read the news this morning and thought Marky had died.

No, but he's gotta be the most nervous man on the planet right now. Odds are definitely not in his favor.....

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 04:00 PM
No, but he's gotta be the most nervous man on the planet right now. Odds are definitely not in his favor.....

Second most nervous man - you forgot about Barry Gibb.

Nitro Express
07-12-2014, 04:02 PM
I want to go see the Middle East of the Indiana Jones movies. You know, where the people are all friendly and don't go around cutting off other people's head and stuff. Well, at least not tanned white people's heads.

I always heard Beirut was fabulous in it's heyday. My experience with the middle east is Israel, Jordon, and Egypt. It's an interesting place if you are into history and looking at ruins. Outdoors sports are fun there as well. I did a lot of wind surfing on the Sea of Galilee and scuba dived the Red Sea (best diving I ever did). I actually got my scuba training in Israel. Would I want to be there now? Hell no!

FORD
07-12-2014, 04:04 PM

Probably the biggest irony is the fact that the two original members who were there all the way, were the ones who couldn't stand each other. (That would be Joey & Johnny, of course. Pretty much polar opposites, politically and otherwise)

Nitro Express
07-12-2014, 04:07 PM

Ah he could live a long time. His band died. It had nothing to do with him. Once you lose Joey or Johnny it's over. Everyone else could be replaced.

FORD
07-12-2014, 04:07 PM
Second most nervous man - you forgot about Barry Gibb.

Nah, I think poor Barry is just too goddamned sad to be nervous. Still can't forgive him for helping to create disco, but you have to sympathize with anybody who had three younger brothers and had to bury them all.

Nitro Express
07-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Probably the biggest irony is the fact that the two original members who were there all the way, were the ones who couldn't stand each other. (That would be Joey & Johnny, of course. Pretty much polar opposites, politically and otherwise)

What else could those guys do? They were misfits. They were smart to stick with it. Those two guys are who made the band. Nobody could fill in for either one of them.

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Nah, I think poor Barry is just too goddamned sad to be nervous. Still can't forgive him for helping to create disco, but you have to sympathize with anybody who had three younger brothers and had to bury them all.

I liked disco. Big shocker, right? But then again I liked dancing with chicks so...And man you are right - ol' Barry is one more sad dude. I saw an interview with him and he was talking about how he really never got along with any of his brothers and how it's basically devastated him to lose them all. If I was him I'd be more devastated over the loss of that glorious hair he had. But I'm kinda shallow.

FORD
07-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Ah he could live a long time. His band died. It had nothing to do with him. Once you lose Joey or Johnny it's over. Everyone else could be replaced.

Marky wasn't an original, but he was in the band much longer than Tommy was. That's why I think he might be subject to the "curse".

Not to say I actually believe there is a "curse", but when the entire band dies off before their time, you might think so. :headlights:

cadaverdog
07-12-2014, 04:12 PM
I read the shit about Johnny being into Nazi shit even though Joey was a jew. I think it was Nitro who said Joey was a nerd. He was more of a dork than a nerd. In early performances of The Doors Morrison looks like a dork too. McCartney looked like he had a nervous twitch that made him look like a scrawny cow with a fly on his head.

vandeleur
07-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Yeah the curse is cheap speed and poor record deals :)

DONNIEP
07-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Yeah the curse is cheap speed

Who knew that was bad for you? hahahaha

FORD
07-12-2014, 04:14 PM
What else could those guys do? They were misfits.

No, the Misfits were another band entirely. But their early stuff definitely had a Ramones influence........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F39UP1mjAnc

That song could have easily been on Rocket to Russia.

And then there's the fact that Marky has been working with Jerry Only in recent years (though I refuse to call that fucking abortion "The Misfits" regardless of what Jerry wants to call it.)

FORD
07-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Yeah the curse is cheap speed and poor record deals :)

Certainly didn't help matters any. Maybe if Joey, Johnny, and Tommy had been as rich as some of their musical peers, they might have had better health care options.

Sadly DeeDee probably would have still ended up a casualty though. The Needle and the Damage Done, as Neil Young would say..... :(

Nitro Express
07-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Better to kick off early than to destroy your image. You might end up like Van Halen.

Nitro Express
07-12-2014, 04:34 PM
I read the shit about Johnny being into Nazi shit even though Joey was a jew. I think it was Nitro who said Joey was a nerd. He was more of a dork than a nerd. In early performances of The Doors Morrison looks like a dork too. McCartney looked like he had a nervous twitch that made him look like a scrawny cow with a fly on his head.

Joey was a dork. A cool dork. That was the appeal.

Nitro Express
07-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Actually it was Ace Frehley who was into the Nazi stuff. Johnny Ramone was just a Republican.

FORD
07-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Better to kick off early than to destroy your image. You might end up like Van Halen.

No, the Misfits would be the punk version of Van Halen. And any Misfits lineup without Glenn Danzig is as bad as Van Hagar.

Only difference here is in the Misfits, even Jerry's brother got sick of him eventually. Doyle finally told him to fuck off and toured with Danzig. That would be like Alex joining the DLR Band around 1999 or so.

cadaverdog
07-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Actually it was Ace Frehley who was into the Nazi stuff. Johnny Ramone was just a Republican.
According to my sources it was both. Wiki never lies.

FORD
07-12-2014, 07:45 PM
I have read things that suggests that Johnny's beliefs were far to the right of "mainstream conservatism". Reportedly Joey wrote "The KKK Took My Baby Away" about Johnny, who literally did steal Joey's girlfriend.

It also might explain why a Jewish kid like Joey would write lyrics like this.....

I'm a shock trooper in a stupor
Yes I am.
I'm a Nazi schatze
Y'know I fight for fatherland
Little German boy
Being pushed around
Little German boy
In a German town
Today your love, tomorrow the world

ashstralia
07-13-2014, 05:13 AM
I'm cool with the fact I know nothing about rock music. :biggrin:

The three most overrated bands in history are:
1) The Beatles.
2) The Rolling Stones
3) U2.

There. I said it.

vandeleur
07-13-2014, 05:53 AM

1) U2
2) U2
3) U2.

There. I said it.

FIXED IT FOR YA

The beatles really ? the rolling stones really really ?
You have to like one or the other its the law ... ya crazy person :)

vandeleur
07-13-2014, 06:04 AM
The three most overated bands/people in history are :

Modern times

1. greenday
2. coldplay
3.Nirvana

wanted to put the bono band in but dont wanna give them publicity :D

Olden days :)

1. Eric crapton
2, Grateful dead
3 pink floyd

So there .

ashstralia
07-13-2014, 06:06 AM
Nah, my much older cousin was Paul in one of our first Beatles tribute band. They were good, but nah.
There's a few Stones songs that are ok, U2 just suck. Have always sucked. I'm sure the other guys (the musicians) are nice people. I hope.

ashstralia
07-13-2014, 06:08 AM
Nirvana gave us Grohley!

vandeleur
07-13-2014, 06:11 AM
Nirvana gave us Grohley!

They were thieves tho ... thief of badgags :)

ashstralia
07-13-2014, 06:19 AM
Handbags? God I need new glasses

Nitro Express
07-13-2014, 02:43 PM

They were fun live. But after a half hour of them it was time to move on.

Nitro Express
07-13-2014, 02:47 PM
I have read things that suggests that Johnny's beliefs were far to the right of "mainstream conservatism". Reportedly Joey wrote "The KKK Took My Baby Away" about Johnny, who literally did steal Joey's girlfriend.

It also might explain why a Jewish kid like Joey would write lyrics like this.....

I'm a shock trooper in a stupor
Yes I am.
I'm a Nazi schatze
Y'know I fight for fatherland
Little German boy
Being pushed around
Little German boy
In a German town
Today your love, tomorrow the world

Johnny was a thug. All the guy is known for is heavy down stroking and he was in the Ramones. He probably kept it going by laying his iron boot into Joey's ass. He sounded and kind of looked like Mo in The Three Stoges. Same attitude. Johnny was the Mo of the stooges and yes I know, that's another band.

Nitro Express
07-13-2014, 02:49 PM
The swastika is the right. The hammer and sickle is the left. The carnage is the same.

Nitro Express
07-13-2014, 03:09 PM
Dee Dee was the archetypical fuck-up whose life was a living disaster. He was a male prostitute, a would-be mugger, a heroin user and dealer, an accomplice to armed robbery—and a genius poet who was headed for an early grave, but was sidetracked by rock ‘n’ roll.”

Needless to say, I doubt we’ll see any more Dee Dee Ramones coming along in the near future. Rock ‘n’ roll these days is just too clean.

Turning "Fuck Up" into art. That's real rock and roll! The Ramones pulled it off. The problem today is the fuck ups have no talent and no vision. They are too lazy to do what the Ramones did. They would quit.

Kristy
07-13-2014, 04:57 PM

1) The Beatles.
2) The Rolling Stones
3) U2.

There. I said it.

Yeah, you said it.

Weirdo.

Nitro Express
07-13-2014, 05:03 PM
Tommy Ramone definitely got us off the ground, the Ramones wouldn't have done anything without Tom. We were really green, we didn't know what the hell was going on, but Tommy was really annoying too. Tommy was a control freak, he was like a mother that was always upset with us.

But Tommy cracked real early on. All our drummers cracked, every couple years one would crack—and then the group would be really happy, because we'd get rid of someone.

No Tommy no Ramones. Sounds like his band mates said don't let the door hit you on the ass.

Kristy
07-13-2014, 06:22 PM
No Tommy, no Replacements or Smithereens best albums.

You're such a hippie, Nitro.

Satan
07-13-2014, 06:40 PM
Or Husker Du. They started out as a Ramones cover band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6tFknxK_z0

vandeleur
07-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Du \m/

Diamondjimi
07-13-2014, 07:14 PM

The Ramones are fucking legends.

Fuck the haters. Long live The Ramones!!

Rest in peace Tommy, Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee.

Kristy
07-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Or Husker Du. They started out as a Ramones cover band.

Lay off the dope. Seriously.

Nitro Express
07-13-2014, 08:46 PM
The Ramones are fucking legends.

Fuck the haters. Long live The Ramones!!

Rest in peace Tommy, Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee.

Dee Dee Ramone in an interview said The Ramones were all about hate. LOL! Those guys were pretty rough on each other. People analyze them too much. Great art created by a bunch of dysfunctional fuck ups.

Nitro Express
07-13-2014, 08:48 PM
No Tommy, no Replacements or Smithereens best albums.

You're such a hippie, Nitro.

I am wearing Birkenstocks right now.

Satan
07-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Lay off the dope. Seriously.

But Marley's been growing such great shit since I designed an insulated geothermal powered grow house for him :bong:

And speaking of dope......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shfq9pAaX8Q

Satan
07-13-2014, 09:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUYUrDPzgvg