PDA

View Full Version : So, I talked to a black man for the first time since last year

Mushroom
07-16-2014, 11:07 PM
I flew into this sticky shithole of Houston, Texas for a little conference, highly specialized field. No, not a white supremacist or KKK gathering but something more respectable. I met a few Africans here at the conference; guys from Zimbabwe, Angola and Kenya. These are Africans, not African’t-Americans. Highly educated, interesting world travelers. These guys have lived a harder life than most Americans.

Now about Houston. Ummm. Well, there are some hot black hoochie mamas here that put Halle Berry and Michelle Obama to shame.

Now about my home. Well I live in a small town. Up until 3.5 years ago I lived in a neighborhood that went south, real south, due to white trash folk, wannabe gang bangers (taggers) and scum. My only good respectable neighbor was an old black couple. The man served in the military in WW2, the lady was always cheerful and sociable. They were the best neighbors. I moved out of that depressing neighborhood. I couldn’t sell my house, so I bought a new house and kept the old house to rent. Hey it’s generates income but renters suck. Oh well I’m too fortunate to worry about that today.

I work with Mexicans, Filipinos who are half Mexican, Mexicans who are half Chinese, Italians, jews, central Americans, and Canadians. But for some reason, no black folk. My company is not racist, but there is something else going on. People need to pull up their boot straps.

Moral of the story, there are people from all walks of life who suck and blow, or shine brightly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2TmoHpzk9Q

Nitro Express
07-17-2014, 12:49 AM
Ah it's politicians that stir all the racial shit. It's the two party system. Go to a grade school in an area where you have a wide mix of people. You will see kids of different race and ethnic backgrounds getting along fine. That is the worst nightmare for people who want the country divided and fighting all the time. If we all got along we could actually organize and go after the crooked politicians and their financial backers. We can't being all huffy puffy over trivial shit.

ZahZoo
07-17-2014, 11:02 AM
I work with people all around the globe... but live in a small southern town that's 98% Caucasian. The stark difference in perception and attitude is amazing and goes in both directions.

There's hope though for future generations as our kids are way, way more globally connected than we could have imagined when we were their age. That exposure lends them to better accept differences than fear them as we were taught.

Kristy
07-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Such cloaked racism in Mushroom's post.

DONNIEP
07-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Ah, that's nothing. I talked to two black guys yesterday, just down the road at the gas station.

Kristy
07-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Really? I saw some "black people" too. So I locked my car doors.

Nickdfresh
07-17-2014, 11:17 AM

I can't actually figure out what the fuck he is babbling about, but yeah I sort of got that...

ELVIS
07-17-2014, 11:20 AM
Any black woman puts Michelle Obomba to shame...

I'd take Rachel Jeantel over Obomba's manly wife...

ELVIS
07-17-2014, 11:22 AM
I can't actually figure out what the fuck he is babbling about, but yeah I sort of got that...

Oh bullshit !!

What part specifically was racist ??

DONNIEP
07-17-2014, 11:28 AM
Really? I saw some "black people" too. So I locked my car doors.

Nah, you gotta get out and mingle!

Kristy
07-17-2014, 11:32 AM
Naw, plus "black people" shop at Walmart. Another reason to avoid them.

Kristy
07-17-2014, 11:36 AM
I learned my racism from this guy:
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060205225316/muppet/images/thumb/3/3c/CT-p0001-ST.jpg/300px-CT-p0001-ST.jpg

One, one black man shopping at Walmart; two, two black men shopping at Walmart...

Nickdfresh
07-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Any black woman puts Michelle Obomba to shame...

I'd take Rachel Jeantel over Obomba's manly wife...

Why don't you post a pic of your wife? I bet she's a real prize!

ELVIS
07-17-2014, 12:10 PM
My wife is a beautiful gift from God...

This dump is not worthy of her pic...

FORD
07-17-2014, 12:44 PM

Not to mention ironic that he would add the song "Sweet Black Angel" to it.

I'm guessing that he doesn't know who that song is about........

Nitro Express
07-17-2014, 12:45 PM
I work with people all around the globe... but live in a small southern town that's 98% Caucasian. The stark difference in perception and attitude is amazing and goes in both directions.

There's hope though for future generations as our kids are way, way more globally connected than we could have imagined when we were their age. That exposure lends them to better accept differences than fear them as we were taught.

Working with people all over the world also makes you suspect of the bullshit politicians sell. It's almost like in many ways the old banking and political structures are dinosaurs. It's pretty obvious someone is trying to take the world into war. The problem is we talk with each other and no longer are totally dependent on biased news and educational institutions for our view of the world.

Yeah someone is trying desperately to get a war started but the problem is, nobody seems to want one.

FORD
07-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Go to a grade school in an area where you have a wide mix of people. You will see kids of different race and ethnic backgrounds getting along fine. That is the worst nightmare for people who want the country divided and fighting all the time.

And that's half of the reason all the teabaggers hate public schools. The other half is all that "satanic sciencey" stuff that contradicts their belief that God can fix this all between rounds of golf next weekend, so we might as well keep fucking it all up for profit.

Nitro Express
07-17-2014, 12:53 PM
And that's half of the reason all the teabaggers hate public schools. The other half is all that "satanic sciencey" stuff that contradicts their belief that God can fix this all between rounds of golf next weekend, so we might as well keep fucking it all up for profit.

A lot of prejudice generalizations in this post. Ok. You hate teabaggers. I doubt you talk to any or know any. You just seem to parrot biased media people like Mike Malloy. Does this add anything constructive? Nope. It's creates division and that's where they want to keep us.

DONNIEP
07-17-2014, 01:01 PM
My daughter goes to public school. Luckily, the ones she's went to have some of the highest test scores in the state, have great teachers and admins and coaches. However, if she was assigned to the shit hole high school in the next town, I'd yank her out so fast you wouldn't believe it.

ELVIS
07-17-2014, 01:14 PM
You just seem to parrot biased media people like Mike Malloy.

Good one, Nitro...

FORD
07-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Good one, Nitro...

http://www.funbaz.com/wallpapers/birds/parrot/downloads/parrot-856.jpg

Sqwawk! Polly want a Tangy Tangerine and overpriced water filter??

ELVIS
07-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Dude, you're proving yourself to be just as much of a loser as Krusty or, dare I say, king Sesh...

PETE'S BROTHER
07-17-2014, 01:49 PM
http://www.funbaz.com/wallpapers/birds/parrot/downloads/parrot-856.jpg

pretty bird. our pets heads are fallin' off!!!!!!!!!!

Kristy
07-17-2014, 02:03 PM
My daughter goes to public school.
You have a daughter? Is she a Walmart mutant?
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/95/e9/9f/95e99f386009debce4babfff626854de.jpg

FORD
07-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Dude, you're proving yourself to be just as much of a loser as Krusty or, dare I say, king Sesh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czPZ3YbnTpY

DONNIEP
07-17-2014, 02:10 PM
You have a daughter? Is she a Walmart mutant?
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/95/e9/9f/95e99f386009debce4babfff626854de.jpg

Nah, she doesn't like going to the Walmart. When she does go with me I often torment her by telling her I'm gonna start buying all her clothes there.

Kristy
07-17-2014, 02:13 PM
So you dress your daughter in clothes made in Chinese/Malaysian sweat shop factories? That's racist and child abuse. I'm calling Dumbellvis' social worker on you.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-17-2014, 02:17 PM
So you dress your daughter in clothes made in Chinese/Malaysian sweat shop factories? That's racist and child abuse. I'm calling Dumbellvis' social worker on you.

he threatened to. all her clothes are purchased from worldmarket.com

Kristy
07-17-2014, 02:19 PM
I am a fan of their apron fashion.
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/idahopress.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/e1/ee1017e4-1243-11e0-937b-001cc4c03286/4d19768aeee4e.preview-300.jpg

Kristy
07-17-2014, 02:25 PM
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/products/mn/NM-1LDT_mn.jpg

Akris Punto Clothes that say "Yes, I know I dress like a frigid, conservative lesbian in corporate America that hates women and that I paid too much for this crap but damn I look good for a frigid, conservative lesbian in corporate America."

Can't find such style at a Walmart, can you?

ELVIS
07-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Nice funeral attire...

DONNIEP
07-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Nah, all my kid's Chinese/Malaysian sweat shop clothes come from overpriced stores. None from the Walmart.

ZahZoo
07-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Nah, she doesn't like going to the Walmart. When she does go with me I often torment her by telling her I'm gonna start buying all her clothes there.

I do the same thing to my daughters... as we're walking by the clothing racks... Hey look that top is only $7.95. They grab my arm and tell me to keep moving!! LOL

DONNIEP
07-17-2014, 04:00 PM
I do the same thing to my daughters... as we're walking by the clothing racks... Hey look that top is only $7.95. They grab my arm and tell me to keep moving!! LOL

Oh I got mine even better last summer...I had to run by there on the way to take her and her best friend to her best friend's mom's house. So we go in and they wanna go off and look at make up and crap like that. Now, they didn't have their phones with them, left em in the car. So when I got finished getting my stuff, I paid and waited at the entrance. No girls. So I finally go up to Customer Service and have them paged. You should have seen the looks on their faces. Holy hell were they embarrassed. "What if some of our friends are in here???" Hahahahaha. I love it.

Mushroom
07-17-2014, 11:57 PM

You forgot misogynist! Now go back to cleaning my bathroom bitch!

Anonymous
07-18-2014, 07:15 AM

A lot of things "prime me up".

I never thought Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would do it, but I'm kinda glad to be proven wrong.

I wouldn't mind seeing THAT turtle go down on April. Oof... excuse me, I have pressing matters to attend to...

Cheers! :beers: