PDA

View Full Version : The Leftovers

I8OU812
07-21-2014, 01:48 AM
Anybody watching this show?

It has the potential to be great, but it also has the potential to be another True Blood save for sexy vampires.

DLR Bridge
07-21-2014, 07:48 AM
I caught bits and pieces of it. I may go to the beginning and try it, but it seems like such a frustrating scenario. What I saw was a bit too slow moving also.

True Blood was good for a season or two, but went way past it's shelf life. The vampire genre needs to be retired for about a decade after it's over. Same with zombies once Walking Dead runs it's course.

Kristy
07-21-2014, 11:06 AM
Anybody watching this show?

It has the potential to be great, but it also has the potential to be another True Blood save for sexy vampires.

It's beyond fucking depressing. Especially that parts concerning the priest.

VetteLS5
07-21-2014, 11:45 AM
It's beyond fucking depressing. Especially that parts concerning the priest.

I've tried a couple times to watch it, but it's just a little too out in left field for me. And the smoking thing is a turn off.

Sensible Shoes
07-21-2014, 09:00 PM
I find it very slow.

sonrisa salvaje
07-22-2014, 12:42 PM
I have been hanging with it. It just got done with episode 4 or 5 and really nothing has been explained. It seems like they are drawing it out to fill episodes and set up for a second season. The trouble for me so far is that there is no character i really like. I suppose they want you to identify with the chief of police but he is kind of a scumbag. His daughter is a nut. The mayor is a bitch. I will stick it out for the duration of this first season but beyond that i don't know. There have been a couple of series that i won't be watching next year like Black Sails and Penny Dreadful. When all is said and done i guess you can always count on Ray Donovan, Californication and Shameless.