PDA

View Full Version : Some Real Dave...The Ever Elusive "Tin Cup Chalice"

chefcraig
07-23-2014, 02:05 AM
Perhaps my favorite Roth tune, ever. Hope you folks enjoy this as much as me...:yo:

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/song?q=David+Lee+Roth+Tin+Cup+Chalice

Sorry about the end dropping off...:duh:

Seshmeister
07-23-2014, 06:41 AM
This was recorded during a radio interview with the DLR Band.

Anyone got a date, was it not around the time of the tour with Hagar, 2002?

Anonymous
07-23-2014, 07:46 AM
Perhaps my favorite Roth tune, ever. Hope you folks enjoy this as much as me...:yo:

Yes, if not more.

At this point, I don't want a new VH record. They're all old men, now. I don't want another album of mummies pretending they're teens/young adults.

I would, however, reach for my wallet faster than any of you fake cowboys to buy a Dave album filled to the brim with songs like these.

They didn't even have to be original. Just Dave doing his take on several laid back, pool side classics. I think that would suit him a lot more these days & he's got a shitload of these already recorded. So finish "Baker Street", give us a double album special of all your unreleased covers & call it a day, Dave. You had a pretty damn good run... it's time to rest on your laurels, Mr. Roth. You've earned it.

Cheers! :beers:

DLR Bridge
07-23-2014, 08:24 AM
Well put Ima, but I'd still like both. Don't these knuckleheads want our $?

Angel
07-23-2014, 09:56 AM
Thanks, Chef! My favourite too!

VAiN
07-23-2014, 06:19 PM
I've never heard this... it's fucking great! Thanks for posting!

Von Halen
07-23-2014, 07:50 PM
This was recorded during a radio interview with the DLR Band.

Anyone got a date, was it not around the time of the tour with Hagar, 2002?

This was the day of the second show on the Roth/Clichegar tour. End of May, 2002. I actually have the entire interview with all the songs, on CD. My buddy that works at the WRIF gave it to me. I also have the version I recorded off the radio, but it has static. Right after this interview, is when Dave signed this picture I took of him on July 19, 1979 at the Century II Convention Center in Wichita, KS.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z94/Von_Halen/Roth%20Army/SCN_0012.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Von_Halen/media/Roth%20Army/SCN_0012.jpg.html)

SunisinuS
07-23-2014, 11:26 PM
I know...lol the John 5 post.....listening to this just kinda hits the spot...for all the criticism and the jazz hands and the sucking on a lemon instead of a honeysuckle vine.....lol listening to the big lips sing big Bsss....kinda fun to remember huh? Just wish the ...ahh fuck it let's Just Roll!

*:tincup:

Dan
07-24-2014, 01:17 AM
Grate Song,Dave Rocks This Crazy World We Live In.:D

redozzman
07-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Dave covering Jimmy Buffett, got to love it!

diamondclaudio
07-24-2014, 01:56 PM
I Heard this too, but I`ve always wanted to get some radio interview- around 6-9-2002-, when Dave and the band play acosutically versions of pretty woman, everybody wants some and more. It was available on this page around 2003, but sadly I could not download it at the time. Could anyone post it, please?

Von Halen
07-24-2014, 02:04 PM
I Heard this too, but I`ve always wanted to get some radio interview- around 6-9-2002-, when Dave and the band play acosutically versions of pretty woman, everybody wants some and more. It was available on this page around 2003, but sadly I could not download it at the time. Could anyone post it, please?

PM me your address and I'll mail you a CD.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-24-2014, 02:51 PM

93.3dkb did that here in az... hmmm

chefcraig
07-25-2014, 12:42 AM
Perhaps it is simply me, yet it would appear within a mere three minutes and forty seconds, David Lee Roth merely encapsulated a life belief/lifestyle that never stole outright from another artist.

Then again, you have a mouth-breathing, self serving and ultimately clueless douchebag like this one pretending to be Jimmy Buffett in actual effect...

http://i57.tinypic.com/55oxe9.jpg

For shame. :puking-smiley:

By the way, where in hell is that "Hammer The Hagars" game I came up with a few years ago? :stoned-smiley: :fighting0066:

FORD
07-25-2014, 02:13 AM
Can't find that game... or the Asteroids game either. :(

Though somebody made a YouTube of the latter, for some odd reason....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fil_8sLi8Co

ELVIS
07-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Because they're clueless to the world...

Keep playing stupid games, people...

Nothing to worry about...:(

Anonymous
07-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Because they're clueless to the world...

Keep playing stupid games, people...

Nothing to worry about...:(

I agree. Speaking as a gamer, & having played that back then, I can say that's a very mediocre port of a game that, while a classic, offers very little in the way of entertainment these days.

I get the whole retro gaming stuff, but a lot of modern games offer a much more in-depth experience than these simple games from a bygone era. Sure, the classics are easy to pick up & play, but they're also boring.

Oh, you meant the world has a lot of problems so we shouldn't waste time playing games? Well, the world always had a lot of problems & except for a few rare cases, the populace never really could solve any of them.

So you could

a) become one of the Puppets playing by their rules & that includes fighting in the internet with other people about issues out of our control, like global climate warming change.

b) worry every waking minute of your life about how the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

or

c) don't give a crap about any of that & just pass the time the way you like it until you die. I guess this could be the b option too, if you're really into that sort of stuff.

Anyway, guess what option I chose. No prizes.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-25-2014, 10:24 AM
Can't find that game... or the Asteroids game either. :(

Though somebody made a YouTube of the latter, for some odd reason....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fil_8sLi8Co

the asteroid game showed up again, i was playin' it about a month ago...

PETE'S BROTHER
07-25-2014, 10:25 AM
http://www.realmofdarkness.net/fg/dlr-asteroids

Anonymous
07-25-2014, 10:32 AM
the asteroid game showed up again, i was playin' it about a month ago...

You are clueless to the world.

Do you even know what a twink is?

PETE'S BROTHER
07-25-2014, 10:33 AM
You are clueless to the world.

Do you even know what a twink is?

gar told me years ago...

Anonymous
07-25-2014, 10:34 AM
gar told me years ago...

Nice dodge!

PETE'S BROTHER
07-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Nice dodge!

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?60577-heart-swells-with-pride-for-my-bride&p=1494029&viewfull=1#post1494029

Anonymous
07-25-2014, 10:47 AM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?60577-heart-swells-with-pride-for-my-bride&p=1494029&viewfull=1#post1494029

Oh, I think I remember that story. I think I read it at TCR. Congratulations again on having a real gem as a wife.

So the paedo did tell you about twinks, huh?

Leave it to that son of a bitch to ruin jokes four years in the future.

Nitro Express
07-25-2014, 11:56 AM
I agree. Speaking as a gamer, & having played that back then, I can say that's a very mediocre port of a game that, while a classic, offers very little in the way of entertainment these days.

I get the whole retro gaming stuff, but a lot of modern games offer a much more in-depth experience than these simple games from a bygone era. Sure, the classics are easy to pick up & play, but they're also boring.

Oh, you meant the world has a lot of problems so we shouldn't waste time playing games? Well, the world always had a lot of problems & except for a few rare cases, the populace never really could solve any of them.

So you could

a) become one of the Puppets playing by their rules & that includes fighting in the internet with other people about issues out of our control, like global climate warming change.

b) worry every waking minute of your life about how the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

or

c) don't give a crap about any of that & just pass the time the way you like it until you die. I guess this could be the b option too, if you're really into that sort of stuff.

Anyway, guess what option I chose. No prizes.

The world is one big game. You play by opening the front door to the house and walking outside. Whether you play a long game or a short game depends on your skill and luck.

DLR Bridge
07-25-2014, 12:09 PM
You play by opening the front door to the house and walking outside. Whether you play a long game or a short game depends on your skill and luck.

That reads as a fortune cookie statement... with no actual fortune. :hee:

Anonymous
07-25-2014, 12:34 PM
That reads as a fortune cookie statement... with no actual fortune. :hee:

Sometimes, an open-ended outcome is the best fortune you could hope for.

vaijuju
07-30-2014, 03:52 PM
I'm a david lee roth' fan ! thanks for this ! perhaps we shall make a topic " " Encyclopedia of dave' studios ? inédits ? year after year, all dave's production" :D

Official things like ...California Girls (remix) Ep 1985 with poster or David Lee Roth "Night Life" 1994 ! or inédits or cover songs like "Take Savera " or "Kill the guy" or "Baker Street" ..sorry again for my bad english!!

78/84 guy
09-21-2014, 04:31 PM
Dave covering Jimmy Buffett, got to love it!

Cute......... And I'll take more of Chinatown, Blood and Fire, As Is, You & Your Blues, Honeybaby and even Trouble With Never any day of the week over this yawn fest. Let Hag the horrible pretend he is Jimmy Buffet !!!!! Dave has done the cover fest way too much for my taste. Yea he is good at it but so what ? Leave it for the radio interviews. I want more rock & roll.

chefcraig
03-19-2015, 01:10 AM
After the week I've had, I felt this worthy of a bump. Hope you folks enjoy a rerun of a modest classic.:yo: