PDA

View Full Version : What bands would you love to see live that you've yet to?

binnie
08-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Yeah, the thread title is clumsy - fuck you! :D

What bands are there that you love that you've never seen live?

vandeleur
08-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Van halen :) ....... I wouldn't go when they played here with slammy .

Kristy
08-02-2014, 12:32 PM
One Direction
http://www.teenvogue.com/images/entertainment/cover-stars/2012-11/one-direction-intro.jpg

They may have collectively achieved puberty by now which makes them "bad boys."

5 Seconds Of Summer
http://static.tumblr.com/8a159ad7c7ec7879b1adc9707b989065/0u4z3ol/CF7n9fiaw/tumblr_static_3mv35a4ndzmss04gkgkskc00k.jpg

They wear counter-culture t-shirts! That's worth the ticket price alone!

Union J
http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01645/Union_J_1645316a.jpg

How can anyone not like a band where their mothers are buying the clothes?

Taylor Swift
http://www.countryweekly.com/sites/countryweekly.com/files/imagecache/node_page_image/article_images/taylor_swift_redguitar_4.jpg

She's a Illuminati high priestess. Kwel or what?

Seshmeister
08-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Yeah, the thread title is clumsy - fuck you! :D

Clumsy? It's a crime against the English language! :D

AC/DC

Angel
08-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Pink Floyd

So this is love
08-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Pink Floyd

You beat me to it...in their prime though and with the original members...but I have seen many great cover bands of Pink Floyd...Does it count? :bigwink:

Seshmeister
08-02-2014, 12:52 PM
No.

Who would you have liked to have seen but can't any more because of deaths is a different question although my answer would probably still be AC/DC.

So this is love
08-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Then... The Doors, Janis & Jimi Hendrix...

Angel
08-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Then... The Doors, Janis & Jimi Hendrix...
Great minds think alike. I can't think of anyone I'd like to see that I haven't...

binnie
08-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Clumsy? It's a crime against the English language! :D

AC/DC

Yeah, the thread title is worse than I feared - I missed out the word 'managed'. :D

You haven't seen AC/DC? This surprises me. Tickets sell fast, though - I couldn't get 'em for last time they played here.

binnie
08-02-2014, 03:25 PM
One Direction
http://www.teenvogue.com/images/entertainment/cover-stars/2012-11/one-direction-intro.jpg

They may have collectively achieved puberty by now which makes them "bad boys."

5 Seconds Of Summer
http://static.tumblr.com/8a159ad7c7ec7879b1adc9707b989065/0u4z3ol/CF7n9fiaw/tumblr_static_3mv35a4ndzmss04gkgkskc00k.jpg

They wear counter-culture t-shirts! That's worth the ticket price alone!

Union J
http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01645/Union_J_1645316a.jpg

How can anyone not like a band where their mothers are buying the clothes?

Taylor Swift
http://www.countryweekly.com/sites/countryweekly.com/files/imagecache/node_page_image/article_images/taylor_swift_redguitar_4.jpg

She's a Illuminati high priestess. Kwel or what?

I had you down as more of a Miley girl :D

Kristy
08-02-2014, 06:50 PM
People say I "slut shame" Miley.

Nickdfresh
08-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Led Zeppelin circa 1973, before all of the substance abuse, egotism, and stinky fish set in...

binnie
08-03-2014, 03:51 PM
There are a few for me:

Rammstein
Stone Temple Pilots
Faith No More
Overkill

DLR Bridge
08-03-2014, 05:39 PM
STP with Scott Weiland. Think that ship has sailed, though.
Tesla, though Jeff Keith's voice is shot, so not so much anymore.
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. They still kick ass.

Don't care to see much else.

If Love/Hate with all 4 original members got it together, I'd be there in a heart beat.

vandeleur
08-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Faith no more were the house band at the Mayfair back in the day , or so it's seemed . Or at least until the real thing broke .

Kristy
08-04-2014, 12:36 AM

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

binnie
08-04-2014, 02:41 AM
Faith no more were the house band at the Mayfair back in the day , or so it's seemed . Or at least until the real thing broke .

Yeah, but I was still in short pants back then :D

vandeleur
08-04-2014, 03:29 AM
Yeah, but I was still in short pants back then :D

In your Acdc tribute band :)

DLR Bridge
08-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

They're a good band.

(How'd you like that comeback? :biggrin: )

sonrisa salvaje
08-04-2014, 03:44 PM
I never got to see Dio at all...solo or with Sabbath.
Deep Purple
Accept and/or U.D.O.
Would have loved to have seen UFO back in their prime with Schenker
Bruce Spingsteen
Billy Joel

ODShowtime
08-04-2014, 10:00 PM
This list has to be artists that we could conceivably still see:

Beck, preferably with a band similar to 1999 Sexx Laws era.

Soundgarden but I have tickets to see them in exactly one week

Them Crooked Vultures or at least QOTSA with Grohl as I don't dig Foo Fighters

Clapton I guess

Yes, if they at least get the drummer and guitarist and bass player (Howe Bruford Squire)

Monster Magnet

Masters of Reality (binnie shoutout)

I guess that's enough for now it's too late to ask for real Pink Floyd.

Kristy
08-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Billy Joel

He's a GOD!

Nitro Express
08-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Weird Al.

SunisinuS
08-04-2014, 11:46 PM
Studio is his best....the show live is more like Broadway. Just saying that the theater is good up front...but the music should rule....even from the Parking Lot. So not sure if I could get a chick to walk into the concert if we just heard it from the street....Van Halen could do that.

ODShowtime
08-07-2014, 09:42 PM
STP with Scott Weiland. Think that ship has sailed, though.

One time I went to a concert with Black Rebel Motorcycle Club opening for Stone Temple Pilots. BRMC played their opening set for over an hour and I knew we were fucked. STP never showed up. But I guess we saw like a rare extra long set for that tour from BRMC.

That would have been a weird concert for you I guess. I recall BRMC definitely looked cool. They all looked badass with old leather jackets and jeans and all that shit. They played vintage hollowbody guitars and old tube amps and they played loud as shit. They just crushed those amps and it sounded so flat and brown. I was about 10 feet from the stage dead center. It sounded like people from the 60s rocking out and it was fatiguing. They played some really cool songs and I never figured out which ones they were. I should buy some of their shit. It was cool I guess but not as cool as STP would have been. Stupid lazy asshole weiland.

I remember it so well because I was remaining relatively sober so I could hit it like a freight train during a Crackerman that never happened. It would have been 10 feet away DEAD CENTER FUCK :devils:

DLR Bridge
08-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Wow! That's a great story, well, partly great story ODS! Yeah, I woulda been bummed about STP crapping out too, but holy shit. An early days extra long BRMC show sounds like a good memory. I definitely recommend their first 3 CDs as they're pretty solid. After that, things get a little spotty, but when they write a good song, it's really something.

Seshmeister
08-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Yeah, the thread title is worse than I feared - I missed out the word 'managed'. :D

You haven't seen AC/DC? This surprises me. Tickets sell fast, though - I couldn't get 'em for last time they played here.

Just one of those things and by the last time it was in a stadium for a bunch of money in daylight.

I didn't even try to get a ticket and the footage confirmed my fears.

If they play our new arena I'll go but not a stadium.

Seshmeister
08-07-2014, 09:57 PM
There are a few for me:

Rammstein
Stone Temple Pilots
Faith No More
Overkill

I saw FNM at the Barrowlands and they were great right up until the point that dickhole guitarist prick for no reason at all started throwing abuse at the audience.

What a fucking dick that guy was, no wonder they got rid of him. Maybe he had a chip on his shoulder as clearly the least talented guy in the band.

Twat.

Seshmeister
08-07-2014, 09:59 PM
If Love/Hate with all 4 original members got it together, I'd be there in a heart beat.

Me too but that looks incredibly unlikely at this point.

You never saw them live? I think I did about 5 times but in some ways they were bigger in the UK than they ever were in the US.

They seemed to get mixed reviews in the US as a support act to bigger bands whereas in the UK they were headlining 2000 capacity places which was perfect for them.

DLR Bridge
08-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Me too but that looks incredibly unlikely at this point.

You never saw them live?

No, unfortunately. Almost saw them open up for Dio, which I think would have been around the time Let's Rumble came out, so it would have been with Darren Householder and not John E. Love. I read the whole big ass story of Love-Hate as told by Jizzy Pearl and uh, it was pretty depressing. There are mini VH sagas all over the rock and roll business. It's more common than not.

Seshmeister
08-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Jon E Love used to come to this site.

I wrote a very pro Love/Hate post here 11/12 years ago and he got in touch with me to chat and sent me some stuff he was working on.

The problem in the band at this point isn't just between him and the rest, it seems that Skid and Jizzy have fallen out and in any case Jizzy has moved to SE Asia...

Seshmeister
08-07-2014, 10:29 PM
He's a GOD!

Sometimes I have no idea if you are taking the piss or not.

That's probably a good thing... :)

DLR Bridge
08-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Jon E Love used to come to this site.

I wrote a very pro Love/Hate post here 11/12 years ago and he got in touch with me to chat and sent me some stuff he was working on.

The problem in the band at this point isn't just between him and the rest, it seems that Skid and Jizzy have fallen out and in any case Jizzy has moved to SE Asia...

That's cool about Jon. Didn't know Jizzy made that move, but I gathered he and Skid weren't ever going to be able to fix things.

Seshmeister
08-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Sorry it's late here I'm talking shit.

It was Skid that left the country.

DLR Bridge
08-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Another one for my list would be Jellyfish and any of their bastard off-shoots. I really liked the one CD put out by Imperial Drag which was the Keyboard player from JF and Eric Dover who was in the band for a hot minute. Eric is an amazing singer songwriter. I think he's in a band called Lost Angels with John Corabi, but they're mostly doing covers. Jason Falkner is another one. Played guitar on the first JF album then released a small hand full of solo CDs that practically can't even be bought in America. Stupid cuntry.

DLR Bridge
08-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Sorry it's late here I'm talking shit.

It was Skid that left the country.

That makes more sense I s'pose. I think Jizzy is still floating around fronting a version of Love/Hate that is just him and 3 journeymen musicians.

Seshmeister
08-07-2014, 11:19 PM
Yeah he did a pub/club tour of it in the UK and it was billed as the last gigs ever.

I missed it.

He's away to become the singer of Quiet Riot now.

People have a go at things like this but my attitude is that these are people that gave us pleasure over the years and we shouldn't be unkind now if they have to scrabble about a bit to make a living. As someone that still does some gigs it's frustrating how dull the demographic are. People in their late 30s/40s just don't go out to find new music or comedy or anything. Instead of going out frequently to see music or any other art, they go out occasionally and pay 10 times as much for 'event' entertainment where they know exactly what they are going to get.

Not everyone thank goodness but the vast majority and they are boring people.

twonabomber
08-08-2014, 04:57 AM
There are a few for me:

Rammstein
Stone Temple Pilots
Faith No More
Overkill

Saw FNM open for Billy Idol back in '90. I was underwhelmed. Idol without Steve Stevens wasn't that great, either.

STP played Bayfest a few years ago and it was a killer show. I had seen Army Of Anyone prior to that and didn't realize how good a guitarist DeLeo is.

DLR Bridge
08-08-2014, 05:54 AM
People have a go at things like this but my attitude is that these are people that gave us pleasure over the years and we shouldn't be unkind now if they have to scrabble about a bit to make a living. As someone that still does some gigs it's frustrating how dull the demographic are. People in their late 30s/40s just don't go out to find new music or comedy or anything. Instead of going out frequently to see music or any other art, they go out occasionally and pay 10 times as much for 'event' entertainment where they know exactly what they are going to get.

Not everyone thank goodness but the vast majority and they are boring people.

Yeah, we've had this discussion before and I totally agree. I think that, these days, you have to give away money or sex at the door to make people get off their asses and show up to something. Hey, You-Tube is great and all, but older people have forgotten and most young people still don't know, just how fun seeing a live act at a club is. It's a good thing to get out every now and then.

ODShowtime
08-08-2014, 06:17 AM
Just one of those things and by the last time it was in a stadium for a bunch of money in daylight.

I didn't even try to get a ticket and the footage confirmed my fears.

If they play our new arena I'll go but not a stadium.

I've only seen AC/DC once, in a crowd of 250,000+ people in broad daylight and it was still amazing. They just kick ass. They blew Rush and the Rolling Stones off the stage as they were also on the bill. Don't miss the Young brothers before it's too late! Then again that was shit... 11 years ago. Not exactly modern times.

That said man outdoor concerts do suck these days, but at least there's usually better cover for smoking. I got some medical THC oil tubes so I can't wait for my next show it will look like an e-cig meanwhile I'm getting blazed out my ass! And no stinky pot smoke to offend all the pussies and pigs and self-righteous assholes around me! It's almost kind of like freedom.

binnie
08-08-2014, 06:25 AM
That said man outdoor concerts do suck these days.

I'm surprised you say that, because I'd say that the festivals in the past five years have been WAY better than the ones I started going to in the '90s. They suck in the sense that everything - tickets, food, drink - is beyond expensive, but then again they always were. But the shows themselves are great - the sound now is so much better than in the past. Hell, some of the outdoor gigs I've been to recently have been louder than indoor arena shows.

I suppose the UK does get far stronger festival lineups than the US, however. In three days I can see 50 of my favourite bands....

ODShowtime
08-08-2014, 06:53 AM
I'm surprised you say that, because I'd say that the festivals in the past five years have been WAY better than the ones I started going to in the '90s. They suck in the sense that everything - tickets, food, drink - is beyond expensive, but then again they always were. But the shows themselves are great - the sound now is so much better than in the past. Hell, some of the outdoor gigs I've been to recently have been louder than indoor arena shows.

I suppose the UK does get far stronger festival lineups than the US, however. In three days I can see 50 of my favourite bands....

You live in a totally different world. I'm in enemy territory - the South. Fucking country music sells out the huge stadium and premium rock acts need to tour together just to get enough people into the shed. And it seems like it's always a double bill where I only like one of the acts.

You guys have it soooo much better and your festivals seem like soo much fun. I'm going to see my first show of the summer, Soundgarden and NIN this Monday wooo hooo Monday yeah party time! Then I also just got tix to see ZZ-Top and Jeff Beck on a Wednesday... YEAH! WEEKDAY PARTY TIME! That is a players kind of bill though :)

Gov't Mule show just got announced at a great club that will be good. On a Saturday. That will be loads of fun.

The market in the US is bad and especially here in Tampa and I'm surrounded by country idiots. Also the cops are completely out of control here. They bring in LOADS of them and pay them overtime (with our tax money) to watch over us like a god damn nursery.

I've been to one or two good festivals in my day and that is the way to go. Freedom.

binnie
08-08-2014, 07:14 AM
You guys have it soooo much better and your festivals seem like soo much fun. I'm going to see my first show of the summer, Soundgarden and NIN this Monday wooo hooo Monday yeah party time! Then I also just got tix to see ZZ-Top and Jeff Beck on a Wednesday... YEAH! WEEKDAY PARTY TIME! That is a players kind of bill though :)

Gov't Mule show just got announced at a great club that will be good. On a Saturday. That will be loads of fun.

Soundgarden are one of my favourite bands. Then can blow hot and cold live, largely because they're quite static (like many grunge acts, they often look uncomfortable on big stages). When they're on, thought, they're ON. They've been playing 'Superunknown' in its entirety lately, so you could be in for a real treat. NIN will rule - you just can't fault THAT back catalgoue played with that much passion. The recent records are less immediate, but if you're familar with them I'm sure than songs will translate well live.

VetteLS5
08-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Like Nick, Zep around '73ish would have been cool. Some others:

Fleetwood Mac (Rumors era)
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Pink Floyd
The Clash

Kristy
08-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Like Nick, Zep around '73ish would have been cool.

No, that would have been ghey. You can see Katy Perry when she comes to your town while she is in her prime.

http://www.starandstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Katy-Perry-Latex-Catsuit.jpg
Blooz singer

DLR Bridge
08-08-2014, 10:01 AM
...I'm in enemy territory.... Fucking country music sells out the huge stadiums ...and I'm surrounded by country idiots...

I feel your pain. This "rockin' country" shit that has infected the brains of many of my close friends here in NJ is reminiscent of the basic zombie movie or TV show theme. Once infected, there's no turning back.

ODShowtime
08-09-2014, 09:06 AM
I feel your pain. This "rockin' country" shit that has infected the brains of many of my close friends here in NJ is reminiscent of the basic zombie movie or TV show theme. Once infected, there's no turning back.

It saddens me that the outbreak has spread to New Jersey of all places. Say what you want about that state, but it is (was) a rock state. And Hip Hop of course. I'm sorry I have no patience for country music and it's fans. That money should be spent on rock music. They thrive while we dive... and everyone's IQ goes down with us.

Some of the best shows I've ever seen were in Joisey... Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes at Camden, Stone Temple Pilots at the Asbury Park Convention Hall...

Mr. Vengeance
08-10-2014, 11:07 AM
So the point of this thread is to choose bands that you still can see but have not. Real shocker that people are saying things like "Zep in 1973"....

I think I'd choose Joe Walsh.

ODShowtime
08-13-2014, 07:03 AM
So the point of this thread is to choose bands that you still can see but have not. Real shocker that people are saying things like "Zep in 1973"....

Yeah it's a no-brainer. I want to build a time machine for the sole purpose of seeing Led Zeppelin play live. And maybe the Steel Curtain too.

DLR Bridge
08-14-2014, 06:01 AM
It saddens me that the outbreak has spread to New Jersey of all places. Say what you want about that state, but it is (was) a rock state. And Hip Hop of course. I'm sorry I have no patience for country music and it's fans. That money should be spent on rock music. They thrive while we dive... and everyone's IQ goes down with us.

Some of the best shows I've ever seen were in Joisey... Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes at Camden, Stone Temple Pilots at the Asbury Park Convention Hall...

It still rocks, but sadly on a much less grander scale then say, Luke Bryan.

"Cussin' on a Monday, prayin' on Sunday". Um, what? Garbage.