PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stewart...hot-head or accident?

Fairwrning
08-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Kinda looks like TS veered toward him and got too close..

twonabomber
08-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Tony Stewart: NASCAR's Vince Neil?

ELVIS
08-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Shouldn't be walking on a race track...

Fairwrning
08-10-2014, 12:39 PM

This would be Vinny

VAiN
08-10-2014, 01:07 PM
I find it hard to believe people are pinning anything on Tony.. who walks in to the middle of an active race track? That jackass got what was coming to him.

Fairwrning
08-10-2014, 01:16 PM
The guy was stupid for doing what he did..but you van hear the engine rev and the steering move as he goes by..he was trying to scare the kid and fucked up.

mh5150
08-10-2014, 01:32 PM
T Stewart is an asshat...

Nitro Express
08-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Stewart swerved his car into the guy on the track. You can see him steer the car into him and rev his engine. Clearly it was intentional. No accident. The only excuse the ass hat could bring up in court was he revved his engine to alert the guy and the torque on the tires caused the car to swerve. It's one of two things. He either wanted to nail the guy on the track or intimidate him and miscalculated and ended up killing him. He saw him. That's why he revved his engine.

BITEYOASS
08-10-2014, 02:03 PM
This would be Vinny

My friends at Red State Update did a remix of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx8kh0ZOqMQ

mh5150
08-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Stewart swerved his car into the guy on the track. You can see him steer the car into him and rev his engine. Clearly it was intentional. No accident. The only excuse the ass hat could bring up in court was he revved his engine to alert the guy and the torque on the tires caused the car to swerve. It's one of two things. He either wanted to nail the guy on the track or intimidate him and miscalculated and ended up killing him. He saw him. That's why he revved his engine.
Manslaughter. ..

Nitro Express
08-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Well they will have the fun and games in court but revving the engine while there is a person in front of you on the track isn't going to help his case. He sure as hell wouldn't want me on the jury.

cadaverdog
08-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Manslaughter. ..
I agree. Tony Stewart should be banned from racing for life. I doubt he meant to hit the guy but he did because he's basically an asshole.

ELVIS
08-10-2014, 02:19 PM
I don't think he hit him on purpose...

Maybe the idiot got his arm caught on Stewart's car and that's what caused the swerve and Stewart to rev his engine inadvertently...

ELVIS
08-10-2014, 02:20 PM
I doubt he meant to hit the guy but he did because he's basically an asshole.

So are you...

mh5150
08-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Maybe Mr. Ward drank Pepsi..
Mr.Stewart is a Coca-Cola man..

Nitro Express
08-10-2014, 02:37 PM
They are all assholes. Let's send them all to the salt mines.

Diamondjimi
08-10-2014, 06:54 PM
The cocksucker swerved into the dude on purpose. Look at his path. He cut right then quickly swerved left to correct himself after he ran the poor prick over.
Nice one,Tony. Spin the guy out then kill him on your next pass... What a piece of human garbage this arrogant NASCAR douchenozzle is..
He is a superstar and he will get the star treatment... (Free pass, no conviction)

DONNIEP
08-10-2014, 07:46 PM
This kind of thing plays out every Friday and Saturday nite on dirt tracks around the country. Hell, it happens during Winston Cup races (I refuse to call it Sprint Cup). Drivers get out of their cars, walk out into the middle of the track, throw their helmets at whoever pissed em off real good. It's not usually that big of a deal on a small dirt track because the cars aren't going that fast under caution. It's stupid but it happens.

Now, did Tony hit the kid on purpose? I doubt it. Did he probably cut to close to him, hit the gas with the intent of slingin some dirt on the kid or just make him jump back? More than likely. It was probably one of those "I'll show you" things that went horribly wrong. It wasn't intentional so he probably won't get hit with manslaughter charges. But he will be cutting my grass next season, 'cause that kid's family is gonna clean him out. And if it turns out that he really did gooch the gas at the last second then he damn well should get cleaned out. Every motherfucking penny. Sure, the kid was stupid for coming down on the track. I get it. But if Tony did anything to help cause his death, he is fucked. Fucked. Fucked.

Nitro Express
08-10-2014, 08:34 PM
The cocksucker swerved into the dude on purpose. Look at his path. He cut right then quickly swerved left to correct himself after he ran the poor prick over.
Nice one,Tony. Spin the guy out then kill him on your next pass... What a piece of human garbage this arrogant NASCAR douchenozzle is..
He is a superstar and he will get the star treatment... (Free pass, no conviction)

That's how I see it.

Nitro Express
08-10-2014, 08:36 PM
This kind of thing plays out every Friday and Saturday nite on dirt tracks around the country. Hell, it happens during Winston Cup races (I refuse to call it Sprint Cup). Drivers get out of their cars, walk out into the middle of the track, throw their helmets at whoever pissed em off real good. It's not usually that big of a deal on a small dirt track because the cars aren't going that fast under caution. It's stupid but it happens.

Now, did Tony hit the kid on purpose? I doubt it. Did he probably cut to close to him, hit the gas with the intent of slingin some dirt on the kid or just make him jump back? More than likely. It was probably one of those "I'll show you" things that went horribly wrong. It wasn't intentional so he probably won't get hit with manslaughter charges. But he will be cutting my grass next season, 'cause that kid's family is gonna clean him out. And if it turns out that he really did gooch the gas at the last second then he damn well should get cleaned out. Every motherfucking penny. Sure, the kid was stupid for coming down on the track. I get it. But if Tony did anything to help cause his death, he is fucked. Fucked. Fucked.

How dumb do you have to be to get out of your car and walk out onto the track and call out someone who pissed you off who's in a car speeding towards you? Hey. Let's play Frogger and get the Darwin award. LOL! I think we should bring dueling back. If someone impugns your honor settle it out with swords or pistols or shut the fuck up.

Ah but that's how the cookie crumbles when assholes get in your way.

Fairwrning
08-10-2014, 08:42 PM
I guarantee you the kid knew it was Stewart and saw a chance to grab the local headline by giving Tony shit..TS was thinking "who is this fucker trying to show me u.....oh shit..."

Nitro Express
08-10-2014, 08:54 PM
I guarantee you the kid knew it was Stewart and saw a chance to grab the local headline by giving Tony shit..TS was thinking "who is this fucker trying to show me u.....oh shit..."

Well one got the Dumb Ass Award handed to him by St. Peter and the other one is in a shit load of trouble on terra firma.

VetteLS5
08-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Drive fast, turn left... or not.

Satan
08-10-2014, 09:06 PM
How dumb do you have to be to get out of your car and walk out onto the track and call out someone who pissed you off who's in a car speeding towards you? Hey. Let's play Frogger and get the Darwin award. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRVIg4Z4p8Q

Satan
08-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Well one got the Dumb Ass Award handed to him by St. Peter and the other one is in a shit load of trouble on terra firma.

St Peter??? Yeah right...... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Kristy
08-10-2014, 09:11 PM
I find it hard to believe people are pinning anything on Tony.. who walks in to the middle of an active race track? That jackass got what was coming to him.

Golly! You may be onto something here. For if there is one fact to be known about NASCAR it's the intelligence of their drivers.

DONNIEP
08-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Looks like the 14 car already has a new sponsor...

http://s10.postimg.org/8zxrtbvrt/a1z_QS7n.png

Kristy
08-10-2014, 09:14 PM
That's just stupid and in poor taste. Tony Jewert is the Jimmy Page of NASCAR.

DONNIEP
08-10-2014, 09:16 PM
That's just stupid and in poor taste. Tony Jewert is the Jimmy Page of NASCAR.

Jewert...hahahahah

So this is love
08-10-2014, 09:43 PM

EXACTLY! nothing else to add...WTF????

Von Halen
08-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Tony Stewart was being his typical asshole self, trying to brush this kid back, and killed him. None of the other cars had a problem not hitting this guy. As you can see in this still right before he runs over him, he has his wheels turned to the right. I hope that dudes family own Tony Stewart.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq114/1980bu/imagejpg1_zpsbd021f92.jpg

DONNIEP
08-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Yep. Like I said, he is Fucked, Fucked, Fucked.

Nickdfresh
08-10-2014, 10:21 PM
It's kind of funny, but the Buffalo News sports section had an article in this morning's paper about how Tony Stewart "Feel's at Home" in (upstate) New York featuring Tony with a big, shit-eating grin. He's a cunt. No doubt he didn't want to run over the guy, but he's a reckless fuckhead that clearly swerved towards the kid to make a point. Fucking asshole deserves to be charged, but he won't be I think. At least the kid's family will get to sue him into oblivion...

Nickdfresh
08-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Shouldn't be walking on a race track...

Yeah, maybe. You shouldn't be running people over when you're on a caution flag either...

DONNIEP
08-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Yeah, maybe. You shouldn't be running people over when you're on a caution flag either...

That's the thing. This happens all the time and it's always under caution. Tony let his temper finally get the best of him and it cost the kid his life.

Now, who wants to own a NASCAR team? I hear there's one coming up for sale, cheap as hell. Four cars, all the goodies.

SunisinuS
08-10-2014, 10:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRVIg4Z4p8Q

Be careful what you wish for:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/10/justice/missouri-police-involved-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Von Halen
08-10-2014, 10:47 PM
That's the thing. This happens all the time and it's always under caution. Tony let his temper finally get the best of him and it cost the kid his life.

Now, who wants to own a NASCAR team? I hear there's one coming up for sale, cheap as hell. Four cars, all the goodies.

Does it come with Danica?

DONNIEP
08-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Does it come with Danica?

No. But they will throw in a dozen pairs of her race day panties.

cadaverdog
08-10-2014, 11:09 PM
We don't see eye to eye on much but it's pretty obvious he intended to either scare the kid or throw dirt at him but he fucked up and ran him over. The kid wasn't doing anything that hasn't been done hundreds of times before at tracks all over the country. He didn't intend to kill him but his actions caused his death so he should be held responsible. He'll lose his ass in civil court even if he doesn't face criminal charges.

Satan
08-10-2014, 11:17 PM
I don't think there's a chance in Hell that Stewart will see any criminal charges from this, as it would be impossible to prove he had any intentions other than being an overconfident smartass.

But it could be one HELL of a civil suit, if this kid's family hires the right lawyers. Denny Crane & Alan Shore would be my suggestions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50f7L-RPaXU

Nitro Express
08-10-2014, 11:42 PM
We don't see eye to eye on much but it's pretty obvious he intended to either scare the kid or throw dirt at him but he fucked up and ran him over. The kid wasn't doing anything that hasn't been done hundreds of times before at tracks all over the country. He didn't intend to kill him but his actions caused his death so he should be held responsible. He'll lose his ass in civil court even if he doesn't face criminal charges.

This is why you aways have an offshore account in a country with a non-extradition treaty. Time to disappear into the abyss.

DONNIEP
08-10-2014, 11:43 PM
This is why you aways have an offshore account in a country with a non-extradition treaty. Time to disappear into the abyss.

Rio. Marry a chick there and the US cannot touch you.

Nitro Express
08-10-2014, 11:47 PM
Rio. Marry a chick there and the US cannot touch you.

Well Brazil is in the BRICS. All those countries are basically telling the US and EU to fuck off. Hmmm. You might have a plan there.

Satan
08-11-2014, 01:31 AM
Hey, it worked for Ronnie Biggs.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-oZeSqxT2I

Romeo Delight
08-11-2014, 11:58 AM
The guy was stupid for doing what he did..but you van hear the engine rev and the steering move as he goes by..he was trying to scare the kid and fucked up.

I don't know anything about these cars, but apparently that is how you steer them - with throttle, not as much teh steering wheel - especially with only a foot to make a quick adjustment...if you see, his back end actually does go away from the kid as he gets close...looks like he may have been trying to avoid him. Dude was darting closer and closer...lucky the car in front of Tony didn;t kill him the way he was jumping in front of cars.

it's sad

Nitro Express
08-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Save the showbiz for the lawyers. The jury will learn more about those track racers than they ever cared to.

Kristy
08-11-2014, 12:09 PM

NASCAR is a dying. It has been for years. What I find so strange is all the criticism it receives from being environmentally toxic to a white trash misogynist redneck "sport" to elements of racism:

"It probably shouldn't have. Stock car racing sprang from a fine Southern tradition, but pretty much from an exclusively white demographic. And while NASCAR's audience among minority groups is growing each year, you're still going to see mostly white faces at Daytona and other tracks, and some of the faces will belong to racists."

`Mike Synder

Synder has a point. The "fans" of this shit tend to be antagonistic towards women and minorities. Therefore, Stewart's behavior does not surprise me. They all thrive on it. The man has a hard core reputation for throwing temper tantrums, over complaining when races don't go his way and generally looking like an overall douche.
http://racingwithrich.com/wp-content/uploads/stewart-toss.jpg
Tony Stewart just out for another Sunday drive

Even if this incident ever does end up in civil court in no way will it resolve anything with how NASCAR and racing in general presents itself to the fans who, for whatever reason continue to watch this crap. Did Stewart intentionally swerve to hit this young redneck driver who no doubt looks like another Stewart in the making? Who can really say? Again, I find it so weird that a (ahem) a "sport" that requires nothing from the "athlete" except to point the steering wheel left all day (and I should know something about steering wheels) has become so violent. When did NASCAR go Jerry Springer? Maybe it's the ridiculous amount of money involved where corporate sponsorship is easily pulled when the driver fails to maintain any sort of a winning average. Could also be the white male aggression combined with bullshit male egotism.

By the time NASCAR has run its last race for the year Stewart's dilemma will be nothing more than a footnote - particularly seeing this wasn't directly a NASCAR incident. He'll be back in a corporate sponsored car trying to redeem himself by doing ironic road rage safety public service announcements while beating the shit out of other drivers who just happen to piss him off. The guy definitely has a lot of issues:

VAiN
08-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Having seen this from another angle it's kinda hard to deny that it seems like Tony did in fact try to whip out the rear a little to scare that idiot and things went a little too far. I suppose the argument can be made that it's a dirt track, it was dark and the idiot standing in the track was wearing all black as well.. this should be interesting to see how it plays out.

ELVIS
08-11-2014, 05:19 PM
I don't think so...

There are much more pressing issues at hand...

Nickdfresh
08-11-2014, 06:12 PM
I think he's going to be charged, but will beat it because it's tough to prove he saw the kid beyond the reasonable doubt thing. He's going to get buried in a civil suit though...

ELVIS
08-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Oh bull...

The kid was in the wrong...

He asked for it...

Run out in the highway this afternoon and see what happens...

Von Halen
08-11-2014, 06:31 PM
I think he's going to be charged, but will beat it because it's tough to prove he saw the kid beyond the reasonable doubt thing. He's going to get buried in a civil suit though...

According to one of the other drivers, they all saw the guy.

“I seen Kevin clear as day. Nobody else ran into him, either.”

Von Halen
08-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Oh bull...

The kid was in the wrong...

He asked for it...

Run out in the highway this afternoon and see what happens...

So if you run out in the road, and I purposely swerve at you and kill you, I am free of all responsibility? Perfect. Give me the keys to that Charger, I don't want to dent my car with your carcass.

ELVIS
08-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Nope...

Mine...;)

DONNIEP
08-11-2014, 06:38 PM
So if you run out in the road, and I purposely swerve at you and kill you, I am free of all responsibility? Perfect. Give me the keys to that Charger, I don't want to dent my car with your carcass.

You mean we can run over people who happen to be in the streets now and don't have to worry about being arrested? Cause if that's true, I'm gonna go buy me a Hummer!

Fairwrning
08-11-2014, 06:58 PM
If you had absolutely no intentions of hitting or scaring this kid, dont you think you would be on tv somewhere saying just that?
I would..I had no idea he was there..never saw him...TS cant say that...he knows he saw him and he fucked up big time.

Romeo Delight
08-11-2014, 07:11 PM
According to one of the other drivers, they all saw the guy.

“I seen Kevin clear as day. Nobody else ran into him, either.”

Kevin was right behind the guy - blocked from view - who just missed him a few seconds earlier...perhaps at the moment the driver in front of him made the evasive maneuver, Tony was looking toward the next turn and wondering when the caution would end and who he was going to pass.

Only a re-creation at night or camera from his dash (i hear there is one) will provide any clarity.

If being aggressive in car racing is a crime or pushing it under caution, then I am afraid there isn't much of a sport left.

Sure it looks like he was going too fast under caution. Again, pretty commonplace. Teh lighting was horrible, and not every driver had someone blocking his view with those massive wings...

I think whoever suggested they suspend guys coming into the track hurling helmets has it right. Could there be anything more dangerous in all of sport?

The only thing more dangerous is the visiting team at Mayan Chichen Itza playing that winner takes all (literally) ball game.

Romeo Delight
08-11-2014, 07:15 PM
If you had absolutely no intentions of hitting or scaring this kid, dont you think you would be on tv somewhere saying just that?
I would..I had no idea he was there..never saw him...TS cant say that...he knows he saw him and he fucked up big time.

I dunno...you would be in shock i think. Just dumfounded thinking of what you could have done differently instead of saving your own hide. No one wants to hear excuses at that point especially from the guy who ended up hurting the guy in traffic

lesfunk
08-11-2014, 07:25 PM
I sure hope to shit he DID try to hit him ON PURPOSE! Otherwise this topic is worthless!

Kristy
08-11-2014, 07:35 PM
I don't know shit about NASCAR thank fuck but the more I look at this guy the bigger of a douche he becomes.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1OMiSrEJXnY/Rq9T8mBedVI/AAAAAAAADNE/OI-wr0ZZqik/s400/stewart.jpg

A fucking millionaire who made fortune by driving left all day. And the dude still doesn't know to shower and/or shave.

Romeo Delight
08-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Yeah, he is a tough guy to like or defend that is for sure

Von Halen
08-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Kevin was right behind the guy - blocked from view - who just missed him a few seconds earlier...perhaps at the moment the driver in front of him made the evasive maneuver, Tony was looking toward the next turn and wondering when the caution would end and who he was going to pass.

Only a re-creation at night or camera from his dash (i hear there is one) will provide any clarity.

If being aggressive in car racing is a crime or pushing it under caution, then I am afraid there isn't much of a sport left.

Sure it looks like he was going too fast under caution. Again, pretty commonplace. Teh lighting was horrible, and not every driver had someone blocking his view with those massive wings...

I think whoever suggested they suspend guys coming into the track hurling helmets has it right. Could there be anything more dangerous in all of sport?

The only thing more dangerous is the visiting team at Mayan Chichen Itza playing that winner takes all (literally) ball game.

In the still I posted, he clearly has his front wheels turned to the right. He was being a dick, and he ended up killing someone. You don't turn your wheels into someone, under caution, unless you are trying to send a message. I don't believe he intended to even hit the guy, but he did. He has been a spoiled bitch for years, and this time he went too far.

Romeo Delight
08-11-2014, 10:44 PM
In the still I posted, he clearly has his front wheels turned to the right. He was being a dick, and he ended up killing someone. You don't turn your wheels into someone, under caution, unless you are trying to send a message. I don't believe he intended to even hit the guy, but he did. He has been a spoiled bitch for years, and this time he went too far.

Well that is an easy way to think given his character and history. You may be right.

I am no nascar junkie but I imagine the experts will be giving their opinion to those who matter in due course.

I still think the gunning of his engine at the last second is an attempt to miss him, not scare him...that much I do know about those cars...its how you steer, especially quickly. It is possible those two were engaging in a game of chicken...lots of blame to be shouldered by the deceased unfortunately.

Nitro Express
08-11-2014, 10:56 PM

The problem with flying into a rage is the rage takes over any reasonable thinking. No sane person would kill another person especially in front of so many witnesses. It was rage like road rage. Honestly, if you are that fucking unstable, you really have no business being on a race track.

Seshmeister
08-12-2014, 07:53 AM
You guys sound arabic with your talk of blood money.

If it was my kid all I would be interested in would be jail time...

ZahZoo
08-12-2014, 11:13 AM

IF you understand the dynamics of Sprint cars on a dirt track... your assumption is wrong. Those cars and their weight distribution and chassis are designed for driving sideways through corners. Turning the front wheels to the right and gassing it would throw the rear end to the left... away from the idiot on the track. In addition there's a clear banking toward the center of the track where the incident occurred... that also would have caused the car to naturally shift towards the left when gunned and the front wheels turned right.

Not that I'd expect a dune buggy jockey to understand basic physics and racecar handling characteristics...

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 11:22 AM
IF you understand the dynamics of Sprint cars on a dirt track... your assumption is wrong. Those cars and their weight distribution and chassis are designed for driving sideways through corners. Turning the front wheels to the right and gassing it would throw the rear end to the left... away from the idiot on the track. In addition there's a clear banking toward the center of the track where the incident occurred... that also would have caused the car to naturally shift towards the left when gunned and the front wheels turned right.

Not that I'd expect a dune buggy jockey to understand basic physics and racecar handling characteristics...

All this debate came up on some sports show I was listening to while driving yesterday. I just had to listen to something else. Just two idiots. One was dumb enough to exit his car and run out onto the track. One was still in his car. The dumber of the two died. The car shit bigger and won.

Kristy
08-12-2014, 11:33 AM

A dune buggy jockey with a rich daddy.

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 11:34 AM
I don't know shit about NASCAR thank fuck but the more I look at this guy the bigger of a douche he becomes.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1OMiSrEJXnY/Rq9T8mBedVI/AAAAAAAADNE/OI-wr0ZZqik/s400/stewart.jpg

A fucking millionaire who made fortune by driving left all day. And the dude still doesn't know to shower and/or shave.

Looks like a fag to me. No wonder he likes to ride on dirt tracks.

Kristy
08-12-2014, 11:47 AM
If you're a millionaire and all you do to earn your money is drive a fucking race car then don't dress like the white trash filth clan you came from. How difficult is that!? Appears to me at least Stewart lack so much in the way of basic intelligence that yeah, if he intentionally hit that kid and was proven without a doubt in court not one of his white trash cohorts would be surprised.

News says Stewart is in "seclusion" so upset by this. Bullshit. If this asshole is upset by anything, it's not knowing if he'll have corporate sponsorship for the remainder of the year.

DONNIEP
08-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Seclusion? Bullshit. He's in one of his mansions, drinking heavily and taking selfies with all his belongings so he'll have something to remember them by when he's cuttin' my grass!

vandeleur
08-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Seclusion? Bullshit. He's in one of his mansions, drinking heavily and taking selfies with all his belongings so he'll have something to remember them by when he's cuttin' my grass!

He is your coloured gardener ?

DONNIEP
08-12-2014, 12:01 PM
He is your coloured gardener ?

We don't call them colored down here anymore. That would racist!

vandeleur
08-12-2014, 12:06 PM
We don't call them colored down here anymore. That would racist!

Sorry man my * button is broke :D

cadaverdog
08-12-2014, 12:21 PM

Try watching cars drift around a track. You turn towards the way you want your back end to drift and gas it just like Tony did. I don't think he was trying to hit him but he was trying to intimidate him. You can't tell me you wouldn't be looking towards a car you just tangled with a spun out on the last lap when you passed it under caution the very next lap. He saw him.

ZahZoo
08-12-2014, 01:41 PM
News says Stewart is in "seclusion" so upset by this. Bullshit. If this asshole is upset by anything, it's not knowing if he'll have corporate sponsorship for the remainder of the year.

Seclusion is just a fancy word for saying you're at home and not wanting to be bothered... I do it all the time!!

DONNIEP
08-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Seclusion is just a fancy word for saying you're at home and not wanting to be bothered... I do it all the time!!

And if you have a gun in the house, it's called Barricading.

ZahZoo
08-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Only if it's loaded and sitting by the door...

Von Halen
08-12-2014, 01:52 PM

You and I can get behind the wheel, or on anything, powered by an engine, and I will beat you. I have forgotten more about racing, than you ever knew. We all know you IT fags are IT fags, because you're nerds that don't like to get your hands dirty.

Tony Stewart had a whole lap to slow down, and get low on the track, to avoid the car he knew was there. None of the other cars that went by the guy, had to turn their wheels towards him, to avoid him.

Tony Stewart was being his typical asshole self, and it backfired on him. Nothing will convince me he wasn't trying to intimidate that dude.

DONNIEP
08-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Only if it's loaded and sitting by the door...

Well it won't do much good if it's not loaded.

vandeleur
08-12-2014, 01:58 PM
It's like zoolander , keep cool boys go back to your drinks , nothing to see here ;)

Romeo Delight
08-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Try watching cars drift around a track. You turn towards the way you want your back end to drift and gas it just like Tony did. I don't think he was trying to hit him but he was trying to intimidate him. You can't tell me you wouldn't be looking towards a car you just tangled with a spun out on the last lap when you passed it under caution the very next lap. He saw him.

Correct...but had he done what you said, he would have literally went through the kid, not hitting him with a part of the car as he did...

He was going too fast, but also positioning his wheels and gunning it was meant to miss him and he just about did accomplish that. Only Tony knows if he saw him until the last few seconds. If he did see him then yes, it is an issue of course. Now one here knows that he did.

he had that other car right in front of him with those dumb-ass wings blocking his view all the while the unfortunate kid is playing real life frogger

cadaverdog
08-12-2014, 02:11 PM

Tony Stewart had a whole lap to slow down, and get low on the track, to avoid the car he knew was there. None of the other cars that went by the guy, had to turn their wheels towards him, to avoid him.

Tony Stewart was being his typical asshole self, and it backfired on him. Nothing will convince me he wasn't trying to intimidate that dude.
A few years ago he whined about rough driving by other drivers during the off season and then rammed another car on purpose at the first race of the year at Daytona. He fucked up big time and I doubt Nascar fans are going to just forget that happened anytime soon. I'd expect the other drivers will refer to the incedent as an unfortunate accident if they comment on it at all. Accidents happen when you're acting the fool but unfortunately it cost a young man his life this time.

ZahZoo
08-12-2014, 02:17 PM
You and I can get behind the wheel, or on anything, powered by an engine, and I will beat you. I have forgotten more about racing, than you ever knew. We all know you IT fags are IT fags, because you're nerds that don't like to get your hands dirty.

Being an IT fag just pays the bills... I get plenty dirty and love racing anything with 4 wheels!!

I'm not saying Stewart was innocent in any of his actions on that track that night. He's always been an asshole first and a racer 2nd... But I've read and viewed a lot of commentary on this deal...

Most of the field had passed the kid before he got down to the racing surface. The car ahead of Stewart did have to swerve to avoid the kid... plus the kid had to move back up the track to avoid that car. Appeared in the frozen frames he was also moving back up the track just as the front of Stewart's car was approaching him. It appears to me the kid ran too far down into the racing groove to make his point... They estimate the cars were moving about 40mph at that point. Nothing I've seen in any of the public video indicates Stewart swerved at the kid... The sound of a motor being gassed at the point of impact can't even be verified if it was Stewart's... there were 20 other cars on the track and running when that occurred.

My current opinion is mistakes were made on both parts and the result ended tragically.

cadaverdog
08-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Correct...but had he done what you said, he would have literally went through the kid, not hitting him with a part of the car as he did...

He was going too fast, but also positioning his wheels and gunning it was meant to miss him and he just about did accomplish that. Only Tony knows if he saw him until the last few seconds. If he did see him then yes, it is an issue of course. Now one here knows that he did.

he had that other car right in front of him with those dumb-ass wings blocking his view all the while the unfortunate kid is playing real life frogger
Whether he intentionally drifted the car at him or not I don't believe he was trying to hurt him at all. He's going to have to live the rest of his life knowing he was responsible for ending the life of another human being. I don't think I could ever forget something like that. I've had a few close calls acting the fool but I've never seriously injuried anyone but myself.

Von Halen
08-12-2014, 03:21 PM
I'm not a big Neckcar fan, but I was a guest of DEI a few times at Michigan International Speedway. They gave me hot passes, and I could literally go anywhere I wanted. I shot photo's from the pit boxes.

I took this photo of Stewart, and he didn't appear too happy. I have another one of him trying to stare me down too. He was extremely full of himself. A lot of the other guys were really cool.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z94/Von_Halen/Roth%20Army/IMG_5826.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Von_Halen/media/Roth%20Army/IMG_5826.jpg.html)

ZahZoo
08-12-2014, 03:42 PM
You always surprise me with your great photos...Vonzie!!

Stewart probably never seen anything that ugly behind a camera before...

Von Halen
08-12-2014, 03:49 PM

Ha! He definitely didn't seem attracted to me!

Pretty crazy being on pit road for the pit stops in the middle of a race.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z94/Von_Halen/Roth%20Army/IMG_5962.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Von_Halen/media/Roth%20Army/IMG_5962.jpg.html)

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z94/Von_Halen/Roth%20Army/IMG_5870.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Von_Halen/media/Roth%20Army/IMG_5870.jpg.html)

DONNIEP
08-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Nah, Tony's pissed because he just found out that Von wasn't the pizza delivery guy. That sumbitch likes to eat!

DONNIEP
08-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Ha! He definitely didn't seem attracted to me!

Pretty crazy being on pit road for the pit stops in the middle of a race.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z94/Von_Halen/Roth%20Army/IMG_5870.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Von_Halen/media/Roth%20Army/IMG_5870.jpg.html)

Damn! That makes me wanna put on my lucky Jr. Budweiser hat and go tear ass around town in the fag catcher!

Seshmeister
08-12-2014, 04:28 PM

I don't think that's fair on Vince Neil which is saying something.

Also as foreigner, at what point did someone manage to convince people that those 'racing cars' didn't look fucking ridiculous?

cadaverdog
08-12-2014, 04:29 PM
I have a buddy that gets two worker to every Nascar race at California Speedway. The designated area for hanging out during the race is on top of one of the garages on pit lane but you can go just about anywhere with them. I went to a couple races with him. To get into certain areas we'd have to be with some other worker with an all access pass. We couldn't hang out in those areas but we could cruise through them. He gets the passes for being part of a designated driver program but he's usually drunker than anybody who might need a ride after every race. He's been getting them for at least ten years and he's never given a single person a ride home.If someone lives within 10 miles of the track and they want a ride one guy drives them home while the other guy follows to get a ride back to the track. The drunks that live more than 10 miles from the track are on their own.

Von Halen
08-12-2014, 05:02 PM
I have a buddy that gets two worker to every Nascar race at California Speedway. The designated area for hanging out during the race is on top of one of the garages on pit lane but you can go just about anywhere with them. I went to a couple races with him. To get into certain areas we'd have to be with some other worker with an all access pass. We couldn't hang out in those areas but we could cruise through them. He gets the passes for being part of a designated driver program but he's usually drunker than anybody who might need a ride after every race. He's been getting them for at least ten years and he's never given a single person a ride home.If someone lives within 10 miles of the track and they want a ride one guy drives them home while the other guy follows to get a ride back to the track. The drunks that live more than 10 miles from the track are on their own.

Yeah, I shot from the top of the garage too. I was not limited as to where I could go.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z94/Von_Halen/Roth%20Army/IMG_4675.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Von_Halen/media/Roth%20Army/IMG_4675.jpg.html)
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z94/Von_Halen/Roth%20Army/IMG_4679.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Von_Halen/media/Roth%20Army/IMG_4679.jpg.html)
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z94/Von_Halen/Roth%20Army/IMG_4680.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Von_Halen/media/Roth%20Army/IMG_4680.jpg.html)
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z94/Von_Halen/Roth%20Army/IMG_4681.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Von_Halen/media/Roth%20Army/IMG_4681.jpg.html)
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z94/Von_Halen/Roth%20Army/IMG_4682.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Von_Halen/media/Roth%20Army/IMG_4682.jpg.html)
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z94/Von_Halen/Roth%20Army/IMG_4684.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Von_Halen/media/Roth%20Army/IMG_4684.jpg.html)

cadaverdog
08-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I shot from the top of the garage too. I was not limited as to where I could go.

I could go almost everywhere without question but their were some areas I could not unless I was with the all access pass dude. Not as nice as having vip passes but I wasn't complaining.

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 05:41 PM

Von pissed him off when he said his buggy could leave his car in the dust.

cadaverdog
08-12-2014, 06:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv7hrTkYPUk
After watching this again I'd have to say it's not as obvious he tried to hit him or even scare him as I thought it was. Only he knows for sure but I still think he's gonna get reamed in civil court. There's a slow motion version if you get to the end of this one.

cadaverdog
08-13-2014, 05:56 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z94/Von_Halen/Roth%20Army/IMG_5826.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Von_Halen/media/Roth%20Army/IMG_5826.jpg.html)
Has anyone else noticed that in damn near every photo of Tony Stewart that's been posted lately he looks pissed off, guilty of something, or mentally ill?

78/84 guy
08-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Has anyone else noticed that in damn near every photo of Tony Stewart that's been posted lately he looks pissed off, guilty of something, or mentally ill?

Guy is the biggest prick/loser in sports history. Funny how a few other cars got past the kid but he gets hit by the guy he was pissed at ! Case closed.

Diamondjimi
08-13-2014, 08:01 PM

Agree totally.
If anything, he was pissed that this local dirt track hillbilly was showboating on him because he's a famous racer.

cadaverdog
08-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Guy is the biggest prick/loser in sports history. Funny how a few other cars got past the kid but he gets hit by the guy he was pissed at ! Case closed.
My first instinct based on his previous behavior and persona says he probably tried to scare the kid and hit him by accident but there is a possibility he didn't see the kid until it was too late. If there's a clearer video that shows Tony's car and how he turned his wheels before he hit him I'd like to see it. In civil court a decent lawyer could convince a jury he did it on purpose or hit him by accident trying to intimidate him but without more evidence I doubt he'll even get charged with a crime.

78/84 guy
08-14-2014, 10:46 PM
I guess there is clearer video where you can see the kid grab the wing of Tony's car, and that is a bad move too grab onto a moving car. But at the same time as the kid is walking down the track and cars are passing him you can clearly hear they are letting off the gas as they should because the caution flag is out. But Tony hammers the gas as he gets close too the kid. Some people are saying it was too try and avoid him. I don't buy it for a fucking second. Ever hear of a brake pedal ? He went too dust the kid with dirt too be the fucking prick he is and hit him. If the kid did grab the car bad move on his part, but it shouldn't have moving that fast anyway under caution. He clearly hits the gas real quick.

Romeo Delight
08-15-2014, 12:15 AM
Wait... He is now grabbing a a moving car and it's still StewArts fault? He didn't even touch the kids car in the turn the lap before when he crashed. Looks like racing to me. Why didn't he slow down and concede the position to Tony?

ELVIS
08-15-2014, 12:25 AM
Wait... He is now grabbing a a moving car and it's still StewArts fault?

It's called Hater's Bullshit...

cadaverdog
08-15-2014, 01:34 AM
Wait... He is now grabbing a a moving car and it's still StewArts fault? He didn't even touch the kids car in the turn the lap before when he crashed. Looks like racing to me. Why didn't he slow down and concede the position to Tony?
I haven't seen the video where you can see the kid grab anything but it's fairly obvious Tony clipped the kids front wheel by the way the front end of his car suddenly goes sideways into the wall. The back end would have hit the wall first had the car lost traction going around the corner like that. You make a valid point about Tony getting all the blame though. The kid should have stayed near his car and shook his fist at him so he'd have something to hide behind if Tony nutted up like it appeared he did and tried to run him down.

ZahZoo
08-15-2014, 08:08 AM
If you want a better understanding of how Sprint Cars work... what the driver can see, hear and do... watch this video.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/video/erin-evernham-on-how-winged-sprint-cars-work-081414?vid=318236739524

Von Halen
08-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Why didn't he slow down and concede the position to Tony?

It's called ego. The kid wanted to beat Tony Stewart.

I am sure Stewart didn't run the kid down on purpose. But I'm not so sure he wasn't trying to scare him, and it went horribly wrong. The fucking kid should have stayed in his car, or next to it, and this would have never happened.

Seshmeister
08-15-2014, 10:38 AM
If you want a better understanding of how Sprint Cars work... what the driver can see, hear and do... watch this video.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/video/erin-evernham-on-how-winged-sprint-cars-work-081414?vid=318236739524

Maybe the result of this will be they change the design of those clown cars.

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm not buying the driver didn't see the guy on the track. He revved his engine. If he was trying to avoid him he would have just turned the wheel left. They weren't going fast enough for counter steering and using the throttle to even come into play. You could make a great argument that because of the car design and the helmet the limited vision caused the accident. No the driver reacted to see the guy.

Also the person who ran out on the track was fully aware of the limited vision since he raced those kind of cars. He was an idiot to run out there.

Save the fist fight for after the race but then hey by then they probably both would have cooled down.

Maybe they should make a rule if you run out on the track nobody is liable for your stupidity. LOL! Kind of like the waivers you sign when you go parasailing. If we kill you and it's even our fault, we are not liable. Frankly without those kind of waivers none of those operations would be providing the service because they couldn't afford the liabiiity insurance.

Put a clause in the contract all racers sign to enter a race that says if you exit your car and run out onto the track, none of the participating racers nor the track is responsible for what happens to you.

There. Problem solved.

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 12:01 PM

I say we put Von to work on the redesign. I'm seeing lots of pink buggies on a track.

Kristy
08-15-2014, 12:10 PM
""Tony Stewart has decided not to compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event this weekend at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn.

Veteran driver Jeff Burton, a winner of 21 Sprint Cup races, will pilot the No. 14 Mobil 1/Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) in place of Stewart. This driver change pertains only to Michigan. Stewart's plans for upcoming Sprint Cup races have yet to be determined."

How commendable of Stewart. They just buried the kid he hit yesterday and by next week, all will be forgiven if not forgotten. These fucking corporate-sponsored sports, no morals whatsoever.

Romeo Delight
08-15-2014, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=Nitro Express;1853007]I'm not buying the driver didn't see the guy on the track. He revved his engine. If he was trying to avoid him he would have just turned the wheel left. They weren't going fast enough for counter steering and using the throttle to even come into play. QUOTE]

Um, no...If he turns left his back end goes right and he goes through the kid and not just clipping him. Understand these cars please and how they are steered...with throttle and not steering. This is common knowledge.

He revved to miss and have his back end go the other way. What he was able to see or not see we can't know for sure...all conjecture

ELVIS
08-15-2014, 01:34 PM

Like you know something about race cars, or even cars in general...

Gimme a break...:rolleyes:

ZahZoo
08-15-2014, 01:51 PM
How commendable of Stewart. They just buried the kid he hit yesterday and by next week, all will be forgiven if not forgotten. These fucking corporate-sponsored sports, no morals whatsoever.

How long should life and business go on hold when tragic accidents happen?

Stewart not only drives the number 14... he's Co-owner of Stewart-Haus Racing which fields 4 NASCAR Sprint Cup cars and has between 500-600 employees.

It's not just about Stewart... there's a lot of people's livelihood at stake.

ZahZoo
08-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Here's a good article on the characteristic of Sprint Cars...

The world of Sprint Car racing has drawn a flood of attention from around the world since the tragedy this weekend in which NASCAR ace Tony Stewart fatally struck driver Kevin Ward. For most people, graphic footage of the collision was probably their first exposure to this semi-obscure form of motorsports.

How might the particulars of Sprint Car racing play into the untimely demise of a rookie driver? To understand Sprint Car racing, you need to take a look at the cars, people, and science behind this singular sect of motorsports.

The Cars

Sprint Car racing combines two quintessentially American traditions: dirt tracks and high-horsepower engines. Though it hasn't garnered the widespread attention enjoyed by big-money motorsports like NASCAR, Sprint Cars have sustained a fanbase strong enough to support numerous sanctioning bodies, including World of Outlaws (WoO) and USAC (United States Automobile Club).

Purpose-built, dirt-focused race vehicles, Sprint Cars are typically powered by naturally aspirated small block V-8s mated to single-speed gearboxes. The cars driven by Stewart and Ward were powered by 360 cubic inch iron block V-8s, which typically produce between 700 and 800 horsepower. Top-tier cars run massive 410-cubic inch alloy-block V-8s that can exceed 900 horsepower. That's a huge number, especially since these minimalist vehicles typically weigh no more than 1,475 pounds.

The outrageous power-to-weight ratios of Sprint Cars can exceed that of Formula 1 cars. Because they run on considerably shorter wheelbases, they're even more difficult to control. And because these cars are designed to turn only left, they have staggered wheels—that is, larger diameter wheels on the right to help with cornering and traction. The circumferences of the wheels can differ by as much as 18 inches between left and right.

The Sprint Cars fall into one of two categories: winged or non-winged. And each delivers a markedly different driving dynamic. "A non-wing car is a lot harder to drive because you don't have downforce," explains four-time champion and racing instructor Wally Pankratz. "With a wing, you can just flatfoot it around the track."

As seen in the video, Stewart and Ward were driving winged cars at the race at Canandaigua Speedway in upstate New York. However, driving below speeds at which downforce occurs requires fortitude and faith; the lack of surface grip can be unnerving when so much power is delivered to the wheels. Because the race had gone under caution following Ward's wreck, Stewart was driving only about 40 mph when he struck Ward, who had climbed out of his car, presumably to confront Stewart.

"Having driven a 410 Sprint Car, it was one of the hardest cars to drive at 40 or 50 miles an hour," says Motorsport.com editor-in-chief Steven Cole Smith, who races a street stock car. "I thought it was way beyond my capability, but the faster I went, the more downforce comes in. They're not made to go 40. They're made to go 100."

RELATED: Yes, Tony Stewart Hit and Killed a Fellow Sprint Car Racer, But You Need to Know the Whole Story.

Traction Wars

Racing on dirt adds a different dimension to motorsport; it demands a deceptive amount of car control, finesse, and strategy to drive with so much power on such a slippery surface.

Tires play a critical role in laying that power down to the dirt, and Sprint Car rubber compounds tend to be extremely soft. "They're almost like pencil eraser rubber," says Jack Crone, owner of Jack Crone Racing.

"Before [a rule limiting the number of tires available for drivers] was in place," Smith says, "[racer] Scott Bloomquist used to bring 100 different tires in his trailer because he was so good at reading a dirt surface, which changes with every lap… Not to take anything away from asphalt racing, but one element you don't have to worry about on asphalt is traction. On a dirt track, it changes with every damn lap."

Visibility and Throttle Steering

Grasping for an explanation for this tragedy, some have suggested poor visibility: Ward was wearing a dark suit and dark helmet at a notoriously dim track. Additionally, forward visibility in Sprint Cars is diminished because the engine's tall velocity stacks block the view—a symptom of the fact that the cars are primarily intended to be driven sideways as they veer around the oval. "You're likelier to be looking over the right wheel [at speed]," Crone says.

Another hypothesis: That Stewart might have clipped Ward accidentally because he was throttle steering, a technique in which abrupt throttle inputs pitch the car sideways, turning it. Although not everyone agrees with this assessment, Smith says that the staggered wheel setup of these Sprint Cars demands throttle steering, even at low speeds.

"In order to go straight," Smith says, "you've got to steer really hard right. If you take your hands off the steering wheel, it goes left. That's why if you want to steer right or steer left, you've got to use the throttle at a low speed." He adds: "The front tires just don't do much because you've got so much rear tire pushing you forward that it's like steering an 18-wheeler in the rain from the front tires."

Why Stewart?

Tony Stewart is a NASCAR Sprint Cup champion. So why would he bother driving Sprint Cars on small town dirt tracks, especially when the cost of playing outside your comfort zone can lead to serious injuries, as it did when he broke his leg last year in a Sprint Car race?

While trying to put the tragedy in context, some news outlets have cited Stewart's hyper-competitive nature—"Smoke" just loves to race, anytime, anywhere. But to Pankratz there's something more than that.

"It's more intense," he says, "and it's more fun. That's one of the reasons that Kasey Kahne and Tony Stewart want to run Sprint Cars or midgets. It's actually more fun than what makes the big money. They also teach you more about really good car control because of the horsepower-to-weight ratio."

Smith says that Stewart's background in non-winged Sprint Cars drew him towards the winged versions, because if he could compete in the winged class, he could compete against anyone.

About That Night

The horrific incident that killed 20 year-old Ward has now been replayed countless times on YouTube. Some on social media already have labeled Tony Stewart a murderer.

But the evidence isn't so black and white.

First and foremost, Kevin Ward's decision to exit his vehicle on a hot track was hardly uncommon in the world of racing, but it was an unquestionably dangerous—and ultimately lethal—one.

"The real problem was the driver climbing out of the car," Crone says—a sentiment that's been echoed elsewhere in the motorsports world over the past few days. "I can't get beyond that, because that was the main problem."

Stewart's reputation for hot-headedness has also fueled speculation that either he meant to run over Ward, or that he merely intended to scare him by blipping the throttle as he passed.

"I don't think Tony intended to hurt the guy," says journalist Mike Guy, "Tony does have a sort of famous temper, and he lets it go sometimes… that speculation kind of makes sense, like maybe he hit the throttle just to scare the kid a little bit. The kid was sort of lunging at the car. It would not surprise me if, in that moment, Tony made the bad decision of saying, 'Hey, I'm just gonna scare the kid a little bit.' But fundamentally, the kid should've stayed in the car."

Pankratz says: "[Tony] had nothing to be mad about. He wasn't the guy that got put into the fence. I'd stake my life on it that he wouldn't say, 'Well, I think I'll try to run this guy down or I'll try to scare him that way.' He's smarter than that."

Smith agrees: "There are people that are convinced that Tony did it on purpose, which is just astounding to me. I cannot imagine that."

We will never know what was running through Tony Stewart's mind moments before his car struck the young driver. Whatever the outcome of the investigation surrounding the incident, the events that night at Canandaigua Speedway will have a reach far beyond the world of Sprint Car racing.

cadaverdog
08-15-2014, 01:59 PM
It's called ego. The kid wanted to beat Tony Stewart.

I am sure Stewart didn't run the kid down on purpose. But I'm not so sure he wasn't trying to scare him, and it went horribly wrong. The fucking kid should have stayed in his car, or next to it, and this would have never happened.
Exactly.

Kristy
08-15-2014, 02:11 PM
How long should life and business go on hold when tragic accidents happen?

I could give a fuck less about Coke-a-fucking-Cola profit loss from not having TV revenue for one race due to one of its asshole drivers suck bot sucking their dick. We're talking a unnecessary and tragic death here and for profit to dominate humanity only shows me what a dickheaded statement that was.

Stewart not only drives the number 14... he's Co-owner of Stewart-Haus Racing which fields 4 NASCAR Sprint Cup cars and has between 500-600 employees.

Okay, so we're talking one out of four cars. Big Deal.

It's not just about Stewart... there's a lot of people's livelihood at stake.

Right, the whole Walmartish-cunting white trash empire that is NASCAR. A "sport" so environmentally toxic and stupid no wonder it's eternally popular among America's redneck population of gun-toting imbeciles. Livelihood my F A T ass, that whole asinine "sport" could fold tomorrow and people would be better off. Fuck Tony Stewart.

Kristy
08-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Like you know something about race cars, or even cars in general...

Gimme a break...:rolleyes:

I bet he knows more about race cars then you do about employment and healthy social skills.

ELVIS
08-15-2014, 02:19 PM
Keep betting...

maybe he'll post a "very good" BBC documentary on the "complicated subject"...:biggrin:

Kristy
08-15-2014, 02:21 PM
And maybe you'll actually find yourself a job.

ZahZoo
08-15-2014, 02:30 PM
I could give a fuck less about Coke-a-fucking-Cola profit loss from not having TV revenue for one race due to one of its asshole drivers suck bot sucking their dick. We're talking a unnecessary and tragic death here and for profit to dominate humanity only shows me what a dickheaded statement that was.

It was a question dumbass...

How long should life go on hold for a tragic death..? What's appropriate..?

As I type this over 88,000 have died today... over 35.6 million this year. How long does the world go on-hold for 1, 20 year old kid?

DONNIEP
08-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Did Kristy get high yesterday? 'cause I'm sensing some after high hostility here... I think she needs to switch to a different weed. Maybe a half ounce of Happy Days mixed with some Walkin' On Sunshine.

Kristy
08-15-2014, 03:12 PM

As I type this over 88,000 have died today... over 35.6 million this year. How long does the world go on-hold for 1, 20 year old kid?

That's not even a argument. For today I farted and added methane gas to the ozone. What's your fucking point!? No one is putting "life on hold" here. Where did I say that? What I am saying (and listen closely) is corporate greed outstripping human dignity. The only "tragedy" NASCAR cares about is losing money whenever a driver dies.

Kristy
08-15-2014, 03:15 PM
It's Skittle time, Donnie.

For fuck's sake.

DONNIEP
08-15-2014, 03:16 PM
It's Skittle time, Donnie.

For fuck's sake.

Well thank God. For a minute I thought you'd been smoking that Helter Skelter weed again...

ZahZoo
08-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Appears it could be Whirled Peas™ brand weed... With the brain blender kicker added!!

Nickdfresh
08-15-2014, 08:30 PM

Um, no...If he turns left his back end goes right and he goes through the kid and not just clipping him. Understand these cars please and how they are steered...with throttle and not steering. This is common knowledge.

He revved to miss and have his back end go the other way. What he was able to see or not see we can't know for sure...all conjecture

What's not 'conjecture' is the dozen or so racers that saw and avoided the kid before Stewart didn't...

DONNIEP
08-15-2014, 08:36 PM
What's not 'conjecture' is the dozen or so racers that saw and avoided the kid before Stewart didn't...

All the talk about how those cars are impossible to steer at low speeds, yeah what the fuck ever. The other guys weren't having any problem steering.

Romeo Delight
08-15-2014, 11:46 PM
All the talk about how those cars are impossible to steer at low speeds, yeah what the fuck ever. The other guys weren't having any problem steering.

Ok sure, but not every driver had another driver right in front of them as Tony did...that driver in front was oh so close to hitting the kid as well until he too had to make an evasive maneuver.

The time left for Tony to have a view without obstruction ( if that is possible in those vehicles when trying to avoid a darting figure dressed in black in the dark) was limited to that time when the car in front dropped down...

Romeo Delight
08-15-2014, 11:49 PM

Again...that proves nothing. He had a car right in front of him until the last second...second and a half...that had no effect on his ability to see? Again, no one really knows, but these facts are all too conveniently being ignored for such an easy target as Tony

Romeo Delight
08-16-2014, 12:05 AM

There is that little detail that the other drivers didn't have someone trying to grab their vehicle at 40 mph and get in front of them...kind of makes it easier to avoid hitting him when that isn't happenning. The odds were stacked against Tony and chances of hitting the driver substantially higher based on those facts, no?

Should he have stopped under caution? I wonder if that is the only way he could have avoided some type of contact. He was going to hit Tony's car or at least get within inches of it to make his point no matter what Tony did. Can we agree on that point?

cadaverdog
08-16-2014, 12:13 AM
Again...that proves nothing. He had a car right in front of him until the last second...second and a half...that had no effect on his ability to see? Again, no one really knows, but these facts are all too conveniently being ignored for such an easy target as Tony
He's an easy target because he made himself one. He's a hot head. I don't think anyone believes he was trying to hurt the kid but giving him a little scare for challenging him is something most Nascar fans who aren't big fans of Tony Stewart would believe based on his previous actions.

cadaverdog
08-16-2014, 12:20 AM
He was going to hit Tony's car or at least get within inches of it to make his point no matter what Tony did. Can we agree on that point?
I think he was just trying to make sure he saw him and knew he was pissed.

cadaverdog
08-16-2014, 12:28 AM
There's no concrete evidence to prove he's guilty or innocent unless there a video of Tony's car as it entered that corner that shows he intentionally drove towards the kid. I think he intentionally moved his car towards the kid to scare him and accidently hit him based on his previous actions.

Romeo Delight
08-16-2014, 12:31 AM
I think he was just trying to make sure he saw him and knew he was pissed.

Did he? Just watched it again...just gruesome. His hand was extended...what was he going to do with that hand? How close was he intending? One foot? Two inches? Make contact with the car and Tony? I am certain Tony revved it to kick the rear wheel away from him which he accomplished and not make a point...it extends farther than any other part of the car and so he knew to avoid hitting him with that rear tire that was what needed to happen.

It also kind of appears from that view that he got in front of Tony's car. At some point the deceased has got to take a large share of the blame for what happened. Sorry but it is the truth. Putting yourself in front of a race car is asinine and we are piling on Tony because he was unable to avoid him.

He jumped further and further into the fray of oncoming moving racecars.

Romeo Delight
08-16-2014, 12:33 AM
I watched it again and the car that passed the kid before Tony was taking a lower line that Tony or Tony drifted

He dropped down because he had a clear view of what was unfolding it looks like - saw he shoudl get low to avoid the kid...we need another angle to be certain

cadaverdog
08-16-2014, 12:39 AM
He dropped down because he had a clear view of what was unfolding it looks like - saw he shoudl get low to avoid the kid...we need another angle to be certain
I agree but you commented on that post before I finished it. I'm stoned and I hit post by accident. Another angle that shows Tony's car before he hit the kid might make it clearer as to any fault he has in it.

cadaverdog
08-16-2014, 12:49 AM
Did he? Just watched it again...just gruesome. His hand was extended...what was he going to do with that hand? How close was he intending? One foot? Two inches? Make contact with the car and Tony? I am certain Tony revved it to kick the rear wheel away from him which he accomplished and not make a point...it extends farther than any other part of the car and so he knew to avoid hitting him with that rear tire that was what needed to happen.

It also kind of appears from that view that he got in front of Tony's car. At some point the deceased has got to take a large share of the blame for what happened. Sorry but it is the truth. Putting yourself in front of a race car is asinine and we are piling on Tony because he was unable to avoid him.

He jumped further and further into the fray of oncoming moving racecars.
Since we can't see what line Tony was taking as he entered the corner we can't see how close the kid was trying to get. If Tony's car was taking a line closer to the inside of the track and the kid stepped a little closer that doesn't prove he intended to grab the car or smack Tony upside the head. I already said the kid should have stayed behind his car and thrown his helmut or a dirt clod at him quite a few posts ago so I don't think the kid is totally blameless in this either.

DONNIEP
08-16-2014, 12:49 AM
Look, I'm not a Tony Stewart fan. But even I don't wanna see his life destroyed because of some freak accident.

We can all sit here all day long and talk about how you can't steer a sprint car at low speeds. Well guess what? You sure as shit can steer a sprint car at low speeds. And all this talk of how the rear tires overdrive the fronts and how you can't steer it without throttle is bullshit. We're talking 35 miles an hour here - not 60 or 70 or more. You don't need down force to steer a hopped up go kart at 35 miles an hour. And if the other cars could turn left at 35 miles an hour, how come Tony's car couldn't? Lemme guess, in every sprint car race, every time they have a caution, the cars all just become undriveable and slam into each other?? How do they finish a race? I mean, they gotta slow down at some point and drive off the track, right? What, they just all let off the gas and pile into the fence or into each other and the crews spend an hour pulling them all apart? Every single fucking time? How in the hell do they steer the cars to line back up after a caution?

I don't for a minute think Tony set out to hurt or kill this kid. I think the kid was too goddamn far down on the track. And I think Tony either did not see him or decided to send a little message. And I'm talking about a sling some dirt or make him jump back message - not kill the damn kid. But all this talk of how you can't steer one of those cars unless you're hauling ass is bullshit.

Nitro Express
08-16-2014, 12:56 AM

I say get on with life. Get on with it! You know a pretty good percentage of that 80,000 were assholes. Makes me kind of warm and fuzzy knowing they are no longer with us making people miserable.

CVH Rulz
08-16-2014, 02:22 AM
Latest word is he will be holding a presser soon announcing his retirement from racing. Says he can't get back in a car.

cadaverdog
08-16-2014, 02:50 AM
I don't for a minute think Tony set out to hurt or kill this kid. I think the kid was too goddamn far down on the track. And I think Tony either did not see him or decided to send a little message. And I'm talking about a sling some dirt or make him jump back message - not kill the damn kid. But all this talk of how you can't steer one of those cars unless you're hauling ass is bullshit.
I think he saw him. I also think he gassed his car and pitched it towards him to send him a message. I wonder if anyone caught anything over the radio that might shed a light on this. If someone told Stewart the kid was out of his car waiting for him the whole he didn't see him story goes out the window. They have radios in most of the late models at the local track here and they're a few steps down from these cars.

ashstralia
08-16-2014, 05:14 AM
I believe you are correct c dog. The kid is an idiot for getting on the track though, tough luck. He fucked up big time.

ashstralia
08-16-2014, 07:14 AM
Here's one of ours from a few years ago....please compare!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sYZWMBY180A

ZahZoo
08-16-2014, 08:52 AM

Come on... watch the video again. The kid spins out... most the field drives by his car which is NOT in the racing groove... while he's unbuckling himself and climbing out of his car.

When he runs down the track into the racing groove... he encounters only two cars... the first car swerved to avoid him... then there was Stewart's car directly behind the 1st car.

The rest of the field was NOT in the area the kid was struck.

ZahZoo
08-16-2014, 09:02 AM
I think he saw him. I also think he gassed his car and pitched it towards him to send him a message. I wonder if anyone caught anything over the radio that might shed a light on this. If someone told Stewart the kid was out of his car waiting for him the whole he didn't see him story goes out the window. They have radios in most of the late models at the local track here and they're a few steps down from these cars.

Go watch the video I posted several posts back from FoxSports with Erin Evernham... In Sprint Car racing the drivers only have a 1-Way receiver and the only thing they receive on the radio is from Race Control indicating cautions, position line-ups, etc. There are NO spotters, NO Crew transmissions and no way for the drivers/crews to communicate with anyone.

ZahZoo
08-16-2014, 09:17 AM
Latest word is he will be holding a presser soon announcing his retirement from racing. Says he can't get back in a car.

There's nothing in any of the racing media this morning even hinting at this. They're on track in Michigan right now (8:00am CDT) in the first of 2 practice sessions for Sprint Cup. I'd say what you heard is bullshit...

Kristy
08-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Love to hear he has been arrested and charged.

cadaverdog
08-16-2014, 01:22 PM
There's nothing in any of the racing media this morning even hinting at this. They're on track in Michigan right now (8:00am CDT) in the first of 2 practice sessions for Sprint Cup. I'd say what you heard is bullshit...
I just assumed he (or she) made that up. Possibly an attempt at humor. Nothing wrong with a little humor once in awhile.

cadaverdog
08-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Go watch the video I posted several posts back from FoxSports with Erin Evernham... In Sprint Car racing the drivers only have a 1-Way receiver and the only thing they receive on the radio is from Race Control indicating cautions, position line-ups, etc. There are NO spotters, NO Crew transmissions and no way for the drivers/crews to communicate with anyone.
At the local track, Willow Springs Speedway, they only have radios that can communicate from crew to driver and vice versa. Fans with scanners sometimes hear drivers plotting or threatening revenge on other drivers but I can't recall anyone wanting or trying to do more than inflict a little body damage to the car. One time a guy got out and tried to attack another driver in his car but one of the fire marshalls clothes lined the guy before he could get the guys side screen down. He's lucky someone interviened because the driver he attacked was twice his size.

cadaverdog
08-16-2014, 01:51 PM
When he runs down the track into the racing groove... he encounters only two cars... the first car swerved to avoid him... then there was Stewart's car directly behind the 1st car.

The rest of the field was NOT in the area the kid was struck.
The car that passed before Tony was on a higher line but not as high as the line Tony took. There's a full two seconds after that car clears the kid and Tony's reachs him. I don't think any of the videos that have been posted so far are conclusive but I still think he gassed it coming around the corner because he saw the kid there and accidently ran him over.

CVH Rulz
08-16-2014, 09:19 PM
I just assumed he (or she) made that up. Possibly an attempt at humor. Nothing wrong with a little humor once in awhile.

Why the fuck would I waste my time to come here to make shit up?

Here's the link:

http://empirenews.net/nascar-tony-stewart-to-announce-retirement-from-auto-racing-after-accident-that-kills-competing-driver/#.U-0bQEZgKwo.facebook

cadaverdog
08-16-2014, 10:57 PM

Here's the link:

http://empirenews.net/nascar-tony-stewart-to-announce-retirement-from-auto-racing-after-accident-that-kills-competing-driver/#.U-0bQEZgKwo.facebook I looked for that story last night after you posted that but found nothing. My post was merely a reply to another post that questioned your sources. It does seem odd Rusty Wallace or Darrel Waltrip would make statements like that to the legitimate press if Tony told them he was making an announcement soon himself.

Never was
08-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Tony Stewart is apparently a hot head that is just a racing fact.
Ward was one too and acted like a stupid 20 year old because he was a stupid 20 year old.
Ward and Stewart actually knew each other and Stewart had written him friendly notes and attended charity events to support that area.
Ward was wrong but a driver marching at another on the track is not entirely unexpected and Stewart has done the same.
Flinging mud on a rookie idiot is also not unexpected.
The fact that an investigator said Ward was pulled under the BACK tire when he grabbed the SIDE of Stewart's car is beyond expectation.
Stewart should have been more mature and should have realized they swing out at low speed on mud would be greater but Ward bears the majority of responsibility in a combo of hot heads, bad tradition, bed decisions and just a horrible accident. The notion Stewart ran him down is only known by him but would require knowing Ward would grab his car plus if running him down the hit would be in the front tire, it wasn't. Is it possible Stewart was mad wanted to swing his back wheel to get him yeah but only he knows and a really unlikely set of events. The investigator commented in the article Life and Times of Ward Jr., apparently there are 3 angles they have.

Just a sensless horrible accident from a series of wrong headed decisions.

cadaverdog
08-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Just a sensless horrible accident from a series of wrong headed decisions.
Without a doubt. I'd like to see these three angles because so far none of the ones I've seen were conclusive one way or the other. I've seen one a fan must have taken because you can hear his commentary as he films it. I'd assume there's at least one done proffessionally considering a big Nascar and Indy car driver like Tony Stewart was there. Plus he admitted he caused an accident at the same track last year that caused a female driver serious injuries. You'd think a quite few people would be filming him race thinking he might do it again.

ZahZoo
08-17-2014, 06:37 PM

Here's the link:

http://empirenews.net/nascar-tony-stewart-to-announce-retirement-from-auto-racing-after-accident-that-kills-competing-driver/#.U-0bQEZgKwo.facebook

Clearly you didn't make shit up...

I have to doubt the story you provided a link to though. ESPN opened their race coverage today with the Stewart story. Rusty Wallace made no mention of having spoken to Stewart and I believe if he had he would have at minimum mentioned it.

Outside of a few executives in Stewart Haas Racing... I don't think anyone active in the sport has talked to Tony since the incident occurred. Several drivers have mentioned reaching out to Tony but he hasn't responded back...

Kristy
08-17-2014, 10:49 PM
Just a senseless horrible accident from a series of wrong headed decisions.

Senseless yes, accident, no. From what I can gather about NASCAR it is definitely a "sport" of rageaholics upon which Stewart is a poster boy. This or something close to it was only a matter of time.

Fairwrning
09-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Apparently Ward had thc in his system when he stepped out on the track..No charges will be filed..

DONNIEP
09-24-2014, 05:59 PM
And the civil suit just evaporated because of the dope...

cadaverdog
09-24-2014, 06:38 PM
And the civil suit just evaporated because of the dope... Tony will probably offer to settle with the parents anyway. The kid had THC in his system but that doesn't mean he was actually high when he hit the track.

cadaverdog
09-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Clearly you didn't make shit up...

I have to doubt the story you provided a link to though. ESPN opened their race coverage today with the Stewart story. Rusty Wallace made no mention of having spoken to Stewart and I believe if he had he would have at minimum mentioned it.

Pretty obvious the story was bogus now.

cadaverdog
09-24-2014, 08:38 PM
I just say a news story about this on tv. The parents are still suing Stewart based on their opinion he gassed the car and pitched it sideways to intimidate their son. You can hear a car rev up and back off right before the kid goes flying but I's not clear it was Stewart in the videos of the incident I've seen.