PDA

View Full Version : James Randi: Homeopathy, quackery and fraud

Seshmeister
08-11-2014, 10:22 AM

Nitro Express
08-11-2014, 10:38 AM
I take it this guy isn't a fan of Coast to Coast AM. None of his ranting will amount to anything. He soon will be dead and the world will go on the way it always has with him having little or no effect on it.

What grandpa doesn't realize is the government has been bought. The people who own this country want to keep people dumb. They just want enough people just smart enough to do their jobs and too stupid to realize they are being fleeced and screwed. They certainly don't want critical thinkers. They just want people who will do what they are told and who don't question anything. Also, everything on television is there by design.

This guy is naive to believe the current government cares. Ha! ha! ha! He's more stupid than the people he claims are stupid.

ZahZoo
08-11-2014, 11:00 AM
I like that guy and his message...

I think I saw John Elway in the audience at the 12:33 mark...

twonabomber
08-11-2014, 11:03 AM
I take it this guy isn't a fan of Coast to Coast AM. None of his ranting will amount to anything. He soon will be dead and the world will go on the way it always has with him having little or no effect on it.

What grandpa doesn't realize is the government has been bought. The people who own this country want to keep people dumb. They just want enough people just smart enough to do their jobs and too stupid to realize they are being fleeced and screwed. They certainly don't want critical thinkers. They just want people who will do what they are told and who don't question anything. Also, everything on television is there by design.

This guy is naive to believe the current government cares. Ha! ha! ha! He's more stupid than the people he claims are stupid.

You don't know who that guy is? The know-it-all has been stumped!

fraroc
08-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Just like Richard Dawkins, James Randi is an egotistical douche who thinks that he is right 100% of the time and anyone who disagrees with his views or thinks differently is automatically wrong no matter what.

Christopher Hitchens was at least funny.

Kristy
08-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Homeopathy is the religion of the desperate and cynical.

Kristy
08-11-2014, 11:38 AM
I think I saw John Elway in the audience at the 12:33 mark...

That wasn't John Elway. This is John Elway
http://www.horsebreedsinfo.com/images/horse_teeth2.jpg

Nitro Express
08-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Homeopathy is the religion of the desperate and cynical.

Now if they said smoking pot cured everything you would jump on board that bandwagon.

Nitro Express
08-11-2014, 12:09 PM

Oh I saw him years ago on some television show demonstrating how another magician pulled off his illusion. The thing is he has the freedom to say what he wants but he doesn't seem to want those he disagrees with to have the same freedom. He seems to be one of these central planning types. Let me tell you, if this guy had his way the world would be so boring you couldn't stand it.

Kristy
08-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Now if they said smoking pot cured everything you would jump on board that bandwagon.

I smoke weed because I'm a "hipster/trendy" not for any claims of medicinal properties.

Nitro Express
08-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Just like Richard Dawkins, James Randi is an egotistical douche who thinks that he is right 100% of the time and anyone who disagrees with his views or thinks differently is automatically wrong no matter what.

Christopher Hitchens was at least funny.

Exactly. Give people freedom of speech and give them freedom to peruse what they want and guess what, the smart ones develop things a central planning agency never would. The renaissance happened because the elites who controlled everything died of the plague and the average person got some freedom.

We've had religions, psychics, and snake oil the whole time the industrial revolution happened and technology now is moving at break neck speed. Most of it going towards building weapons by the way.

My advice is turn the channel, don't buy it, and caveat emptor. Censorship runs both ways. A good rule of thumb is free speech is protecting the speech you don't like. People believe in some strange shit. They always have and always will.

Nitro Express
08-11-2014, 12:19 PM
I smoke weed because I'm a "hipster/trendy" not for any claims of medicinal properties.

I bet you smoke it because you look marvelous doing it.

Seshmeister
08-11-2014, 12:42 PM

Something to do with the Federal Bank? :)

BITEYOASS
08-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Reminds me of a "That Mitchell & Webb Look" sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

binnie
08-11-2014, 03:47 PM
I dated a girl who's mum was a homeopath.

They lived in a very large house.

twonabomber
08-11-2014, 04:43 PM
I like this guy!

In his essay "Why I Deny Religion, How Silly and Fantastic It Is, and Why I'm a Dedicated and Vociferous Bright," Randi, who identifies himself as an atheist, has stated that many accounts in religious texts, including the virgin birth, the miracles of Jesus Christ, and the parting of the Red Sea by Moses, are not believable. For example, Randi refers to the Virgin Mary as being "impregnated by a ghost of some sort, and as a result produced a son who could walk on water, raise the dead, turn water into wine, and multiply loaves of bread and fishes" and questions how Adam and Eve "could have two sons, one of whom killed the other, and yet managed to populate the earth without committing incest." He writes that, compared to the Bible, "The Wizard of Oz is more believable. And more fun."

Nickdfresh
08-16-2014, 06:43 PM
I take it this guy isn't a fan of Coast to Coast AM....

Do they have any fans left? That fucktard has ruined it with his Dr. Morgantous bullshit...

Nickdfresh
08-16-2014, 06:43 PM

I can't believe he's not related to him somehow...