PDA

View Full Version : Robin Williams commits Suicide

Pages : [1] 2

ELVIS
08-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Oscar-winning actor and comedian Robin Williams has died at age 63, according to police in Marin County, Calif. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robin-williams-dies-suspected-suicide-724724)

http://www.tvacres.com/images/alien_mork.jpg

The full statement is below.

On August 11, 2014, at approximately 11:55 a.m, Marin County Communications received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA. The Sheriff’s Office, as well as the Tiburon Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire Protection District were dispatched to the incident with emergency personnel arriving on scene at 12:00 pm. The male subject, pronounced deceased at 12:02 pm has been identified as Robin McLaurin Williams, a 63-year-old resident of unincorporated Tiburon, CA.

An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Division s of the Sheriff’s Office. Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates Mr. Williams was last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00 pm on August 10, 2014. Mr. Williams was located this morning shortly before the 9-1-1 call was placed to Marin County Communications. At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made. A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted.

Williams' publicist Mara Buxbaum told The Hollywood Reporter: “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

His wife, Susan Schneider, said: "This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”

Williams, a four-time Oscar nominee, won a supporting actor Oscar for Good Will Hunting. He most recently starred in CBS' comedy The Crazy Ones, which lasted only one season.

His next project is the feature film Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, the third film in the trilogy, which is set to hit theaters Dec. 19.

He recently checked into a renewal center in an effort to maintain his sobriety.

Williams' improv skills were meteoric and stupefying: Williams could wing off the cuff better than any of his peers. He burst through the stand-up world into television, captivating audiences with his portrayal of the endearing extra-terrestrial Mork in the '70s series Mork and Mindy. He first limned the Mork role as a guest-star on Happy Days.

He fractured movies audiences with his comedic and endearing performance in Good Morning, Vietnam (1987). He delighted audiences in the box-office hit The Birdcage (1996), playing a gay club owner who tries to convince his conservative, future in-laws of his heterosexual mainstream values. He tapped into a fey side and feminine side, as well: He delighted with his slapstick values as a hausfrau in Mrs. Doubtfire (1993).

His rapid-fire delivery bespoke a warp-speed, associative intelligence.

“The mystery is in the motion: What miracle of the synapses got him from point A to point Z? At once a satirist, a comedian and a superb actor, this one-man repertory company dashes from mask to mask, voice to voice, like a man possessed by comic demons,” David Ansen wrote in Newsweek in 1986.

As a dramatic actor, he delivered stirring performances in such films as Dead Poets Society (1986), where he played an inspirational prep-school teacher who takes on the stuffy administration He also portrayed serious and complex characters in Awakenings (1990) andThe Fisher King (1991). He could tap into a dark side, limning psychologically maladjusted characters in Insomnia andOne-Hour Photo.

Williams also won Oscar nominations for Best Actor for his varied roles in Good Morning, Vietnam, The Fisher Kingand Dead Poets Society. He could play morose, wise men, such as his turn as a psychologist in Good Will Hunting.

He showed his versatility in a wide range of films, including: The World According to Garp (1982), Moscow on the Hudson (1984), Hook (1991), Patch Adams (1998) Flubber (1997), Toys (1992) and Jumanji (1995).

He won four Grammy Awards. He also won Emmy Awards for his TV specials Carol, Carl, Whoopi and Robin andABC Presents a Royal Gala.

He vocalized many films: He did the vocal work for a bat in the animated movie FernGully: The Last Rainforest (1982) and he voiced the Genie in Aladdin (1992).

Given his child-like charm, he played boy-ish characters in Toys (1992), Jumanji (1995) and Jack (1996).

He did a number of movie cameos: The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1989), Dead Again (1991) and The Secret Agent (1996).

Robin McLaurin Williams was born in Chicago on July 21, 1952. He was raised in affluence, but he was brought up, as he admits, by the maid. He developed comedy to please his mother. He mimicked Jonathan Winters. The family moved to San Francisco where he graduated from high school.

He studied political science at Claremont Men's College and entered College of Marin to study theater. He won a scholarship to student at The Julliard School in New York, where he spent three years under the tutelage of John Houseman and other. He returned to San Francisco before graduating. His goal was to become a dramatic actor but could not get a foot in the door. He turned to stand-up comedy, supporting himself by tending bar and working at an ice-cream parlor.

Williams moved to Los Angeles and enthralled at open-mike nights. He became a regular at such clubs as the Improv and the Comedy Store. He got spots on such TV shows as the Richard Pryor Show and America 2-Night.

His big break came when the producers of Happy Days decided to add an alien to the show. Williams won an audition. He guest-starred on a 1978 episode that brought in avalanches of fan mail. Based on the outpouring the network decided to create a spin-off series Mork & Mindy. The sitcom, featuring Williams as a good-natured alien from the planet Ork. The show afforded him great opportunity to improvise. It was hugely popular and generated such crazes as the Mork doll, with such Orkian words as “nanu nanu” for hello.

Williams's spellbinding delivery vaulted him from being a complete unknown to national fame. Self-admittedly, fame arrived too fast and he careened through a period of drug and alcohol abuse. His first movie role in Robert Altman's Popeye (1980) was disappointing. In his second role, he showed his charm as a young writer in The World According to Garp (1982).

He performed in the mid01980s in a series of mediocre movies: The Survivors (1983), The Best of Times (1986) and Club Paradise. He excelled as a Russian saxophone player who defects in Bloomingdale's in Paul Mazursky's Moscow on the Hudson (1984).

He hit his movie stride with Good Morning, Vietnam (1987) where his comic versatility as an anti-authority G.I. Disc jockey played to his manic, improvisational strengths.

He executive produced and starred in Jakob the Liar (1999), a story of life in a Nazi-occupied Polish ghetto.

Like the best of comics, Williams, at heart, was utterly serious. He was a driving force in Comic Relief to benefit the homeless.

Williams was awarded the Chicago international Film Festival's Lifetime Achievement Award in 2004.

:elvis:

Kristy
08-11-2014, 07:26 PM
...the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made.

So what's the betting that Williams pulled a Michael Hutchence by literally masturbating himself to death? As the saying goes, the only thing worse being found dead that way is being found alive that way. For fuck's sake if you want a immense orgasm by starving oxygen to the brain get yourself a partner.

Marcel Dettmann feat. Emika SEDUCTION from Parker Ellerman on Vimeo.

Satan
08-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Unholy shit! He was the last person I was expecting to show up on a Monday.... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d070.gif

twonabomber
08-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Williams was always a great guest on Letterman. He'd start running around the stage, and you could see Letterman squirm.

I remember one of the lines from one of the HBO specials, where he's talking to his kid and says "Popeye wasn't good enough for you" and then he puts on the little kid voice and says "Popeye wasn't good enough for anyone!"

Kristy
08-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Williams was always a great guest on Letterman. He'd start running around the stage, and you could see Letterman squirm.

Really..? I always found him to be highly annoying. The majority of his movies were shit, too. Williams was a one-trick pony of an actor who loved to play on his audience's heartstrings. He wasn't that great.

Fairwrning
08-11-2014, 07:45 PM
I loved some Mork and Mindy but that was about it..his dramatic stuff was better than his humor..RIP

DONNIEP
08-11-2014, 07:48 PM
I loved some Mork and Mindy but that was about it..his dramatic stuff was better than his humor..RIP

I read an interesting article about Mork & Mindy a few years back. Apparently Robin ad-libbed most of his dialogue for the entire 4 year run. So he'd get the script, use it as an outline and they'd just roll film. The guy was a genius.

Yes, Kristy, he was a genius. And he cured cancer too.

Fairwrning
08-11-2014, 07:49 PM
My fave RW movie role....

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAq5-7ylNZ87JdRGs8fVemx32-fTZXcILC454Rxv0KxOk3atr6fw

Kristy
08-11-2014, 07:52 PM

Did he ever "nail" his Mork & Mindy co-star?

DONNIEP
08-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Did he ever "nail" his Mork & Mindy co-star?

I doubt it. But man I sure wish I had. Good lord was she hot.

SunisinuS
08-11-2014, 08:20 PM
The Mental Torture. RIP from a fan and fellow sufferer.

Wish we could reach these people in time, but it is a terrible intractable disease. We will miss your light.

Angel
08-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Depression sucks. RIP Robin.

And the guy was a hell of an actor, despite what Kristy thinks...

Kristy
08-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Eh, Good Morning Viet Nam. I'll give him that one.

Nitro Express
08-11-2014, 10:32 PM
It might be suicide but four people I have known have died due to carbon monoxide poisoning from propane and natural gas heaters. A friend of mine killed himself and his family by installing a gas water heater incorrectly. He used too small of a diameter vent pipe and routed it wrong. It killed everyone in the house in their sleep.

If you use gas or propane where you live a carbon monoxide alarm is a good investment. It may save you and whoever is in the home life.

Nitro Express
08-11-2014, 10:35 PM
I doubt it. But man I sure wish I had. Good lord was she hot.

I never liked the Mork from Ork character. I think I liked his stand up comedy best but he did make some good movies. Robin Williams was the free wheelin ad lib master.

lesfunk
08-12-2014, 12:31 AM
The Fisher King.

vandeleur
08-12-2014, 12:33 AM
Wow , really sad news .

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 01:33 AM
I read an interesting article about Mork & Mindy a few years back. Apparently Robin ad-libbed most of his dialogue for the entire 4 year run. So he'd get the script, use it as an outline and they'd just roll film. The guy was a genius.

I was watching an interview with Ron Howard who said Robin Williams was the most talented ad lib actor he had ever seen. Yup. Ron said Robin was one of a kind.

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 01:37 AM
Really..? I always found him to be highly annoying. The majority of his movies were shit, too. Williams was a one-trick pony of an actor who loved to play on his audience's heartstrings. He wasn't that great.

He was more of a comedian than an actor. Hey let's be honest. Most the big Hollywood names aren't exactly great actors. Robin was a brilliant free wheelin ad lib artist. They probably gave him a general script but gave him a lot of room to work his magic. I mean he could act decent enough to fill in between the parts where he was making you laugh.

binnie
08-12-2014, 02:38 AM
Very, very sad.

Depression is just an awful thing.

FORD
08-12-2014, 02:59 AM
Depression is the kind of thing you wouldn't even wish on George Bush or Sammy Hagar.

Yeah, it's that bad.

I actually read Nitro's "badly installed gas water heater" up above, and tried to convince myself that it was a good explanation. But sadly, I know all too well that it probably isn't. And not just because Robin Williams had a big house and could afford to pay for a proper installation of such an appliance.

Rest in peace, Robin. Goddamn shame that you couldn't find any in this world. :(

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 03:04 AM
Very, very sad.

Depression is just an awful thing.

Apparently Robin Williams suffered from it his whole life. Seems like a lot of funny people do. Maybe they get good at humor trying to cheer themselves up. Many comedians seem to have some issues actually. There also seems to be intense pressure celebrities seem to deal with that drives many of them insane. Probably the pressure of staying relevant and then of course keeping up a public image and trying to keep a certain lifestyle going. The old saying is they love you on the way up and spit on you on the way down. Whatever the pressure is, it's seems to make people crack. Add in some depression drugs and booze. Not a good combination.

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 03:16 AM
Depression is the kind of thing you wouldn't even wish on George Bush or Sammy Hagar.

Yeah, it's that bad.

I actually read Nitro's "badly installed gas water heater" up above, and tried to convince myself that it was a good explanation. But sadly, I know all too well that it probably isn't. And not just because Robin Williams had a big house and could afford to pay for a proper installation of such an appliance.

Rest in peace, Robin. Goddamn shame that you couldn't find any in this world. :(

I don't know where he was staying. The San Francisco Bay area gets cold in the summer sometimes where one might turn on a heater. My mom had a friend die because she pulled her car into the garage and closed the door. She had been driving home and was tired. She fell asleep in the car and of course died. Strange accidents happen.

Our neighbor's daughter suffered from a bad case of depression. They had to drive off to where she was going to college because she was threatening suicide. She came home and was ok for a bit but fell back into it. We were expecting to hear of her committing suicide she was that far gone. You could see the signs and nobody could seem to help her. Her brother had her committed to the state mental hospital and whoever helped her there did wonders. She now holds a job and got remarried and sounds like things are ok. But if she didn't go to the state mental hospital she probably would have offed herself. I don't know, depression is a weird thing and sometimes the only people that can help are trained professionals. Her family could not help her.

Seshmeister
08-12-2014, 06:26 AM
My fave RW movie role....

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAq5-7ylNZ87JdRGs8fVemx32-fTZXcILC454Rxv0KxOk3atr6fw

He played a good psycho in Insomnia as well.

His movie career was a real mix of excellent and terrible but at this point so is De Niro's.

Better to have 5 or 6 great roles and a bunch of turkeys as a legacy than dozens of mediocre ones.

He has a movie I've been meaning to watch for ages called 'Worlds Greatest Dad' which is meant to be really good and the exact opposite of his schmaltzy stuff. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262981/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

So this is love
08-12-2014, 07:38 AM
RIP Robin Williams...I appreciated his talent in many of his movies...Dead poet society comes to mind although it wasn't a comedy.

Angel
08-12-2014, 07:45 AM
He was a brilliant actor and an improv genius. Hopefully his death will help to generate discussion and lessen the stigma of mental illness.

There was a stupid internet hoax about him dying a couple days ago...I can't help but wonder if that triggered him. I know when I've been battling rhe demons, something like that would have sent me over the edge for sure.

binnie
08-12-2014, 08:08 AM
He played a good psycho in Insomnia as well.

His movie career was a real mix of excellent and terrible but at this point so is De Niro's.

Better to have 5 or 6 great roles and a bunch of turkeys as a legacy than dozens of mediocre ones.

He has a movie I've been meaning to watch for ages called 'Worlds Greatest Dad' which is meant to be really good and the exact opposite of his schmaltzy stuff. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262981/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Other films worth watching (if you haven't already): Toys, Awakenings, Good Will Hunting, The Night Listener, aside from the more obvious ones....

Nanu, Nanu, Shazbot.

mh5150
08-12-2014, 08:53 AM
Other films worth watching (if you haven't already): Toys, Awakenings, Good Will Hunting, The Night Listener, aside from the more obvious ones....

Nanu, Nanu, Shazbot.
Good Will Hunting was an awesome movie. ..

vandeleur
08-12-2014, 09:38 AM
I always thought the fisher king was very good.

vandeleur
08-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Could have posted this in lots of threads recently :)

"Some people say Jesus wasn't Jewish. Of course he was Jewish! Thirty years old, single, lives with his parents, come on. He works in his father's business, his mom thought he was God's gift, he's Jewish. Give it up"

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 10:55 AM
He was a brilliant actor and an improv genius. Hopefully his death will help to generate discussion and lessen the stigma of mental illness.

There was a stupid internet hoax about him dying a couple days ago...I can't help but wonder if that triggered him. I know when I've been battling rhe demons, something like that would have sent me over the edge for sure.

I can't believe how sloppy the press has gotten over the years. It's a POSSIBLE suicide but has not been officially confirmed. The media is saying it's a suicide when there is no official report yet. You don't report it's a suicide until you know for sure. Sure he was dealing with depression but he was dealing with it his whole life and that's plenty of years he could have committed suicide or attempted it. You just don't report it as a suicide until you know for sure. You can say POSSIBLE suicide. It's just sloppy reporting and now it's going around that it's suicide for sure.

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Could have posted this in lots of threads recently :)

"Some people say Jesus wasn't Jewish. Of course he was Jewish! Thirty years old, single, lives with his parents, come on. He works in his father's business, his mom thought he was God's gift, he's Jewish. Give it up"

Yeah but Jesus didn't like money changers. He made a whip and drove the bastards out. LOL! That don't sound jewish to me. Heck if Jesus showed up and started whipping bankers and smashing their stuff he would be the man of the year. He would be a fucking hero.

Kristy
08-12-2014, 11:28 AM

Oh, PLU-EZE! Williams was a multimillionaire who could afford to get himself help where many in this county alone can not. So fuck him. He was a self-serving greedy pig who dosed himself with narcotics and alcohol who only gave a shit about his own misery. This is why I refuse to grieve his death. Suicide is the easy way out particularity since his "pain" was treatable and his "mental illness" not that severe to where he had his faculties about him. What a fucking asshole who did a fucking asshole act. Think of his family and closest friends who are the ones enduring the brunt of his "pain." Williams thought of no one else here but himself.

Kristy
08-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Apparently Robin Williams suffered from it his whole life. Seems like a lot of funny people do. Maybe they get good at humor trying to cheer themselves up. Many comedians seem to have some issues actually. There also seems to be intense pressure celebrities seem to deal with that drives many of them insane. Probably the pressure of staying relevant and then of course keeping up a public image and trying to keep a certain lifestyle going. The old saying is they love you on the way up and spit on you on the way down. Whatever the pressure is, it's seems to make people crack. Add in some depression drugs and booze. Not a good combination.

He also had money, pussy and a high quality of life. So knock it off with this "woe is me, I'm funny and no one else understands my pain" horseshit. Williams was a self-serving asshole.

vandeleur
08-12-2014, 11:37 AM
So mental illness is dependant on money ?

Kristy
08-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Treatment for it in this county definitely depends on money!

FORD
08-12-2014, 11:46 AM
He might not be as rich as you would think. Granted, he put a lot of his money up his nose in years past, and some of it went to his ex wives, but apparently the reason he did his recent CBS sitcom "The Crazy Ones" was because he needed the money.

The show was cancelled after one season. Damned if I know why...... I'm not going to say it was going to be the next "Seinfeld", but it was a Hell of a lot better than a lot of other shows still on the air. Of course CBS screwed Shatner a couple years ago too, so not entirely that surprising.

The thing with depression that a lot of people don't understand is that it amplifies things that could be seen as relatively minor problems into far more serious devastation. Obviously I'm not in Robin's head, so I can't tell you what he was thinking. But I can guess how his brain might have processed it. And it probably wasn't good.

vandeleur
08-12-2014, 11:52 AM
What is it about comedians and depression

FORD
08-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Humor makes a great coping mechanism. Well, at least part of the time apparently.....

Kristy
08-12-2014, 12:13 PM
He might not be as rich as you would think. Granted, he put a lot of his money up his nose in years past, and some of it went to his ex wives, but apparently the reason he did his recent CBS sitcom "The Crazy Ones" was because he needed the money.

Cocaine abuse can lead to severe depression and paranoia especially years after the user stops um, using it. Cocaine apes so much of the brain's natural chemistry that it can cause erratic and bizarre behavior - something Williams was known for. Remember when Elton John was spending over $40,000 a week on flowers? Well, there you go. And unlike Elton, Williams probably shrugged off his behavior as many cocaine addict fuckwits do. Williams put himself on the revolving door of rehab simply because he loved the drug more than life itself and I'm sure it cost him.

The show was cancelled after one season. Damned if I know why...... I'm not going to say it was going to be the next "Seinfeld", but it was a Hell of a lot better than a lot of other shows still on the air. Of course CBS screwed Shatner a couple years ago too, so not entirely that surprising.

Brad Garret. Any show with Brad Garret - especially Brad Garret attempting to play a gay man - will eventually be cancelled. That is a given.

The thing with depression that a lot of people don't understand is that it amplifies things that could be seen as relatively minor problems into far more serious devastation. Obviously I'm not in Robin's head, so I can't tell you what he was thinking. But I can guess how his brain might have processed it. And it probably wasn't good.

I'm not buying that. Williams had he resources to get proper help. Also seems to me he had support of his family. He may not rid himself of the depression completely but he had the wherewithal to where he could manage it if he so chose to do so. Take a look at the many of the homeless population in your city alone and wonder why they are that way. Say, unlike Trollvis, who flat out refuses to work, many of those with severe mental illness live in a daily hell that other will never understand. And many of them never receive a shred of help. Difference being they still choose to live so fuck Williams and his selfishness.

Oh, and don't shit yourself for a seccy that William's death will bring about some sort of change in mental health awareness. Remember Kurt Cobain? What did his suicide bring about? Oh, that's right, exploitation from books to t-shirts to the release of shitty unreleased "demos." You can bet the only resolve with Williams is all the vultures and mavens will soon be flocking around finding easy to make easy money off of his death. Sick, really fucking sick.

DLR Bridge
08-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Those are some dark and ugly truths, Kristy. And I agree with all of them.

The case of RW is sad and unfortunate to fans who know little of him, but avoidable and now heart wrenching to the loved ones so close to him.

I have many fond memories of the entertainment he has provided, but my heart goes out to his family who now have to spend the rest if their lives coping.

ELVIS
08-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Williams had he resources to get proper help.

A social worker ??

Kristy
08-12-2014, 12:43 PM
A social worker ??

Fuck off, you trolling asshole.

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Treatment for it in this county definitely depends on money!

Treatment anywhere. At least in the US you have a better chance of the state putting you in an institution. In the third world the crazies just roam the streets. Think the US is bad travel to a few third world countries. No help whatsoever.

Angel
08-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Oh, PLU-EZE! Williams was a multimillionaire who could afford to get himself help where many in this county alone can not. So fuck him. He was a self-serving greedy pig who dosed himself with narcotics and alcohol who only gave a shit about his own misery. This is why I refuse to grieve his death. Suicide is the easy way out particularity since his "pain" was treatable and his "mental illness" not that severe to where he had his faculties about him. What a fucking asshole who did a fucking asshole act. Think of his family and closest friends who are the ones enduring the brunt of his "pain." Williams thought of no one else here but himself.
This, from a future "Sociologist"...yeah, you'll do well in the field...

Angel
08-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Treatment anywhere. At least in the US you have a better chance of the state putting you in an institution. In the third world the crazies just roam the streets. Think the US is bad travel to a few third world countries. No help whatsoever.
And that right there is part of the problem. "The crazies" why admit to suffering when you're going to get this label..

FORD
08-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Actually, the majority of homeless people in this country ARE mentally ill, and were that way before they started drinking MadDog 20/20 or some other godawful shit like that.

And you can thank the First Beast Ronald (6) Wilson (6) Reagan (6) for that.......

President Jimmy Carter signs the Mental Health Systems Act, which aims to restructure the community mental-health-center program and improve services for people with chronic mental illness.

Under President Ronald Reagan, the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act repeals Carter's community health legislation and establishes block grants for the states, ending the federal government's role in providing services to the mentally ill. Federal mental-health spending decreases by 30 percent.

So just like with clean energy, President Carter put us on the proper path, and the BCE fucked it all up. :(

Kristy
08-12-2014, 01:13 PM
This, from a future "Sociologist"...yeah, you'll do well in the field...

Well one thing is for certain. At least I'll have a degree in three years. And yours is in what again?

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 01:15 PM
And that right there is part of the problem. "The crazies" why admit to suffering when you're going to get this label..

Ok. Let's be politically correct. How does "Sanity Challenged" sound?

cadaverdog
08-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Actually, the majority of homeless people in this country ARE mentally ill, and were that way before they started drinking MadDog 20/20 or some other godawful shit like that.

And you can thank the First Beast Ronald (6) Wilson (6) Reagan (6) for that.......

So just like with clean energy, President Carter put us on the proper path, and the BCE fucked it all up. :(
I'm waiting to see how you put the blame on the BCE for Tony Stewart running that guy over. Is there anything the BCE isn't responsible for?

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Cocaine abuse can lead to severe depression and paranoia especially years after the user stops um, using it. Cocaine apes so much of the brain's natural chemistry that it can cause erratic and bizarre behavior - something Williams was known for. Remember when Elton John was spending over $40,000 a week on flowers? Well, there you go. And unlike Elton, Williams probably shrugged off his behavior as many cocaine addict fuckwits do. Williams put himself on the revolving door of rehab simply because he loved the drug more than life itself and I'm sure it cost him.

Brad Garret. Any show with Brad Garret - especially Brad Garret attempting to play a gay man - will eventually be cancelled. That is a given.

I'm not buying that. Williams had he resources to get proper help. Also seems to me he had support of his family. He may not rid himself of the depression completely but he had the wherewithal to where he could manage it if he so chose to do so. Take a look at the many of the homeless population in your city alone and wonder why they are that way. Say, unlike Trollvis, who flat out refuses to work, many of those with severe mental illness live in a daily hell that other will never understand. And many of them never receive a shred of help. Difference being they still choose to live so fuck Williams and his selfishness.

Oh, and don't shit yourself for a seccy that William's death will bring about some sort of change in mental health awareness. Remember Kurt Cobain? What did his suicide bring about? Oh, that's right, exploitation from books to t-shirts to the release of shitty unreleased "demos." You can bet the only resolve with Williams is all the vultures and mavens will soon be flocking around finding easy to make easy money off of his death. Sick, really fucking sick.

I must say Kristy. This is a brilliant post! The truth is people can't handle the truth. Also, people enjoy the drama of a train wreck. The vultures will make their money while the public pretends they aren't enabling the vultures when their morbid fascination really is.

Angel
08-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Well one thing is for certain. At least I'll have a degree in three years. And yours is in what again?
Social Work. At least I'll have a job in 8 months...

Angel
08-12-2014, 01:20 PM
Ok. Let's be politically correct. How does "Sanity Challenged" sound?
How about mental illness? Just because someone is suffering does not mean they are insane. Again, this is a MAJOR part of the problem...

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 01:23 PM
How about mental illness? Just because someone is suffering does not mean they are insane. Again, this is a MAJOR part of the problem...

Oh yeah. Telling someone they are mentally ill will make them feel better than saying they are insane. :umm:

FORD
08-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Mental illness is a bit of a misnomer anyway..... the brain is an organ just like the heart, the liver, the lungs, your eyeballs, whatever. And in many cases, as with depression, it's a matter of brain chemistry. So "mental" illness is a physical illness just like asthma or diabetes or whatever.

vandeleur
08-12-2014, 01:27 PM
There is a pic flying around twitter that has someone with a chest wound and their friend telling them to pull themselves together and get a grip .
Thought it made the point well.

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Oh yeah. Political correctness and blaming the opposing political party will solve the problem. Sorry. It won't. Kristy is right. The individual has to want to be helped. You can come up with all the excuses you want but excuses are just that and blaming the mean cold world does no good. The world is what it is and denying it's not perfect and dreaming of some soft fluffy utopia will show no results at all. Everyone is blamed but the individual anymore. All I can say is grow up.

DONNIEP
08-12-2014, 01:37 PM

Ok, so I'm gonna put you on the No Trucker Hat List just for that comment right there. Blasphemer...

ELVIS
08-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Fuck off, you trolling asshole.

You're a riot...

ELVIS
08-12-2014, 02:20 PM
It's not 6 6 6...

It's 600 60 6...

binnie
08-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Well, good to see we've turned another thread into a vortex of hate and egotism.

What were you all saying about mental illness?

FORD
08-12-2014, 03:14 PM
I'm waiting to see how you put the blame on the BCE for Tony Stewart running that guy over. Is there anything the BCE isn't responsible for?

OK then.... since by your own admission, you have been in "several mental institutions (but not in Bakersfield)" why don't you talk about your experience in "the system".

binnie
08-12-2014, 03:15 PM
OK then.... since by your own admission, you have been in "several mental institutions (but not in Bakersfield)" why don't you talk about your experience in "the system".

It was tough, dude. They took away his socks and wouldn't let him call his burly biker friend.

cadaverdog
08-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Tell me about your adventures in Heaven and hell. My your own admission you're either Jesus or the Devil smartass.

cadaverdog
08-12-2014, 03:23 PM
It was tough, dude. They took away his socks and wouldn't let him call his burly biker friend.
I'm the sock lover. Ace Diamond was the one with the burly biker friend. If you're trying to join team smartass at least get your material right.

binnie
08-12-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm the sock lover. Ace Diamond was the one with the burly biker friend. If you're trying to join team smartass at least get your material right.

I thought that you were an Ace Diamond alias. I'm serious.

cadaverdog
08-12-2014, 04:01 PM
I thought that you were an Ace Diamond alias. I'm serious.
I know Ace. I even went to a Dodger game with him once. He's not a bad dude but he tends to spin a yarn or two like the tee pee story and such. He might not be the most talented musician but he gets out and plays as often as he can. He was in a 5 man Kiss band with a midget for awhile.

Seshmeister
08-12-2014, 04:20 PM

So that's the standard you aspire to in the US, a little better than the third world?

You should chant that at events, we're #38 we're #38!

chefcraig
08-12-2014, 05:29 PM
I never liked the Mork from Ork character. I think I liked his stand up comedy best but he did make some good movies. Robin Williams was the free wheelin ad lib master.

Nah, that title belongs to Jonathan Winters. The Mork shows he guested on with Williams were (and are) hysterical.

FORD
08-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Jonathan Winters was such a good addition to that show that you could even overlook the ridiculous plot device they used to make it happen. Though apparently, the people who made that "Benjamin Buttons" movie (which I haven't actually seen yet) liked it enough to rip it off. I'm assuming they left the egg out of their version?

FORD
08-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Tell me about your adventures in Heaven and hell. My your own admission you're either Jesus or the Devil smartass.

I've never been to Heaven. But I've been to Hell many times. Nah, not the kind with fire and brimstone and Satan's beach condo at the Lake of Fire. That would be an improvement over the Hell I've been to..... :(

Nitro Express
08-12-2014, 05:43 PM
I've never been to Heaven. But I've been to Hell many times. Nah, not the kind with fire and brimstone and Satan's beach condo at the Lake of Fire. That would be an improvement over the Hell I've been to..... :(

You have the start of some great lyrics here. Run with it! Hmmm. I think it would go good with kind of a country western flavor. Maybe the blues.

"I've never been to heaven baby. But I've been to hell many times….."

Kristy
08-12-2014, 05:52 PM

So you're Trollvis' social worker. Well, best of luck.

Von Halen
08-12-2014, 05:56 PM

When most people are your age, they start looking forward to retirement. Of course, technically you've been a lifelong student living the life of retirement for 30 plus years.

What will you do with your first check that isn't from your government? Move out of the ghetto?

Fairwrning
08-12-2014, 06:40 PM
I had a boss years ago that died by asphyxiation..turned out it was a sex thing and he went too far.....I did notice it was RWs publicist that said depression..hhmmm..

CVH Rulz
08-12-2014, 06:51 PM
I can't believe how sloppy the press has gotten over the years. It's a POSSIBLE suicide but has not been officially confirmed. The media is saying it's a suicide when there is no official report yet. You don't report it's a suicide until you know for sure. Sure he was dealing with depression but he was dealing with it his whole life and that's plenty of years he could have committed suicide or attempted it. You just don't report it as a suicide until you know for sure. You can say POSSIBLE suicide. It's just sloppy reporting and now it's going around that it's suicide for sure.

He hung himself with a belt. Not much to question. I'm sure they had to wait for the official word but knew before.

Seshmeister
08-12-2014, 07:02 PM
I think the media feel they have to compete with the 24/7 internet where you get people immediately making up theories about any mad shit that pops into their head like carbon monoxide poisoning based on nothing.

Wow the lack of self awareness on here sometimes is just incredible. The only thing this thread is missing is the obligatory 'false flag' post... :)

FORD
08-12-2014, 07:08 PM
He hung himself with a belt. Not much to question. I'm sure they had to wait for the official word but knew before.

Apparently he also tried to slit his wrists, but all he had on hand was a pocket knife that wasn't up to the job. Clearly, he wanted out. :(

Dr. Love
08-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Looks like he rolled a 3

Seshmeister
08-12-2014, 09:03 PM
There is so much crap being written about this on the internet and media today.

He was 63, he had made a lot of people laugh, made some good movies and decided he didn't want to live any more.

That's his decision, he'd already contributed more to the world than most ever will. The flippant nonsense people are saying about him 'taking the easy way out' or being 'selfish' without knowing him or how he felt or what his experience of life shows more about their lack of imagination, empathy or ignorance of clinical depression than anything else.

It's all too predictable but tiresome.

Von Halen
08-12-2014, 09:42 PM
There is so much crap being written about this on the internet and media today.

He was 63, he had made a lot of people laugh, made some good movies and decided he didn't want to live any more.

That's his decision, he'd already contributed more to the world than most ever will. The flippant nonsense people are saying about him 'taking the easy way out' or being 'selfish' without knowing him or how he felt or what his experience of life shows more about their lack of imagination, empathy or ignorance of clinical depression than anything else.

It's all too predictable but tiresome.

The massive amounts of cocaine he's ingested over the years probably didn't affect his brain and mental capacity either.

I don't feel one bit sorry for him. I feel sorry for his family, and all the pain he has caused, and what he has and is putting them through now.

I hope right before he took his last breath, he tried to change his fucking mind.

Seshmeister
08-12-2014, 09:50 PM
I never said I felt sorry for him.

Anyone who ever saw the guy perform would know he was at the absolute furthest from the norm in how people behave which is why he was entertaining.

People being annoyed because he chose not to go on and so to stop entertaining them need to grow up, he quit deal with it.

All this faux shit about his family is nonsense too. Let them grieve but don't call him a cunt for the damage he has done to them because you don't know him or them. It's none of our business.

63 used to be a retirement age, 40 used to be a lifetime.

Land of the free?

Von Halen
08-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Land of the free Sesh. Don't forget, KINGS OF THE FUCKING WORLD too!

I have to know them to know he's caused them a kind of pain they'll never forget?

If those subliminal nightmares Elvis is causing you, puts you over the edge and you off yourself, I'll be pissed off at you too.

By the way, I can't remember the last time that fucker entertained me. He had become a sad parody of himself, for many years now. Comically anyway.

Angel
08-13-2014, 12:16 AM
When most people are your age, they start looking forward to retirement. Of course, technically you've been a lifelong student living the life of retirement for 30 plus years.

What will you do with your first check that isn't from your government? Move out of the ghetto?
I wish. I've been working since I was 13. I just got sick of what I was doing. Life of retirement? Fuck, just working full-time without adding full-time school is going to FEEL like retirement...

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 12:27 AM
My dad never retired. He worked until he got too old and sick to do it anymore but he liked what he did. I've seen people retire and go crazy and go back to work. Some of the best instructors I had in college were guys who couldn't stand retirement and hired on to teach classes. Nothing better than getting instruction from someone who actually did it for 40 years and were there because they liked to teach.

I've seen old people just rot away because they have nothing to do and I've seen old people live a pretty full life because they wanted to keep doing stuff. I think retirement is a thing of the past. The average life expectancy now is 83. The government is going to have to knock the collection age of social security back to age 75 to keep the system from getting swamped and going broke.

All I can say is pursue something you like and take care of yourselves. Working 40 years for the same company and collecting retirement at 65 is pretty much ln the past now.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 12:31 AM
People die. Robin Williams made me laugh many times. End of story. I hope he's rolling in coke and doing 72 virgins right now.

ELVIS
08-13-2014, 12:32 AM
If those subliminal nightmares Elvis is causing you, puts you over the edge and you off yourself, I'll be pissed off at you too.

I pity da fool...:biggrin:

Angel
08-13-2014, 12:33 AM
I'm already working in the field. I have more energy at the end of the day than I did at the start.

My old "career", it got to the point it was all I could do to drag my ass in to the office every day, let alone be productive. I'll work as long as I can. The people I work with keep me young.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 12:36 AM
So that's the standard you aspire to in the US, a little better than the third world?

You should chant that at events, we're #38 we're #38!

Well my hell. Thank God you don't live here. We must have something people still want. The third world is running across our border to get in here.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 12:40 AM
I'm already working in the field. I have more energy at the end of the day than I did at the start.

My old "career", it got to the point it was all I could do to drag my ass in to the office every day, let alone be productive. I'll work as long as I can. The people I work with keep me young.

College is half bullshit. It's always nice to get that monkey off your back.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 12:42 AM
Nah, that title belongs to Jonathan Winters. The Mork shows he guested on with Williams were (and are) hysterical.

I'm also a huge Jonathan Winters fan.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 12:50 AM
I had a boss years ago that died by asphyxiation..turned out it was a sex thing and he went too far.....I did notice it was RWs publicist that said depression..hhmmm..

When we lived in Boise, Idaho a friend of mine was a police officer. I used to sometimes ride with him when he did his beat. I learned about accidental deaths due to strangulation while having sex or masturbating from him. Quite a few people die doing it I guess. He said the first death they had to go investigate when he was a rookie was a guy who accidently strangled himself while wanking. The experienced cops knew what it was. He couldn't figure out why the guy hung himself with no pants on.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 12:54 AM
well, good to see we've turned another thread into a vortex of hate and egotism.

What were you all saying about mental illness?

mission accomplished!

High Life Man
08-13-2014, 02:03 AM
Jonathan Winters was such a good addition to that show that you could even overlook the ridiculous plot device they used to make it happen. Though apparently, the people who made that "Benjamin Buttons" movie (which I haven't actually seen yet) liked it enough to rip it off. I'm assuming they left the egg out of their version?

Actually, BB was based on a story that is nearly 100 years old. So, M&M stole it first.

Loved JW on that show, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Curious_Case_of_Benjamin_Button_(short_story)

SunisinuS
08-13-2014, 02:17 AM
"The flippant nonsense people are saying about him 'taking the easy way out' or being 'selfish' without knowing him or how he felt or what his experience of life shows more about their lack of imagination, empathy or ignorance of clinical depression than anything else.

It's all too predictable but tiresome."

I do not even try and fight the ignorance on Depression with these idiots Sesh. They think they know what happened....and they are all too happy to tell the rest of us how a clinical depression works...without a single close experience or the hard slog those that have lived with a depressed family member plays it out.

They fucking know so much more than we do about it Sesh.

My mother hung herself in my garage. Why do I even want to say it? It will make no difference in these peoples opinions or the ignorant shit they spout out of their superior pompous mouth about it. I know the kids know more about it...and will for the rest of their lifetime. Lost mine at 22.

Depression has never touched them in any intimate way. Just let them spew their hatred....then they will just be quiet again while the rest of us deal with it. For them it means nothing but to tell us how their moral sanity is better than anything a depression family/individual ever had to deal with.

They rock so much better than the rest of us. I am so glad they are sharing their wisdom on it. Will be glad when they forget about it again and go back to their prom fucking date lives. Back to the Khardasians fucks.

DLR Bridge
08-13-2014, 06:01 AM
I don't think the comments in here are about anyone being "all knowing" or "self righteous" in the field of depression. I'm sure there are varying degrees of experience with personal situations as well. In sorry to hear of yours, Sun.

DLR Bridge
08-13-2014, 06:29 AM
I hope he's rolling in coke and doing 72 virgins right now.

"That's Virginians you asshole!!" That was one of my favorite stand-up bits he did shortly after 9/11.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 06:42 AM
Apparently he also tried to slit his wrists, but all he had on hand was a pocket knife that wasn't up to the job. Clearly, he wanted out. :(

I was cutting some zip ties with a knife and slipped and put the tip right into my wrist. Luckily I didn't hit an artery. I go to the emergency room to get it looked at and they thought I tried to commit suicide. I told them it was an accident. They didn't believe me. I got pissed and said if I was going to off myself I had plenty of better stuff to do it with than a stupid little knife. I got the impression they see cut wrists a lot.

Yup it's a pretty sad visual. He probably couldn't bring himself to cut his wrists deep enough so he went for the belt and just cinched it up tight and cut the blood flow to his brain. Not a pretty visual. Clearly whatever dark demons he was dealing with hit impulsively.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 06:45 AM
"That's Virginians you asshole!!" That was one of my favorite stand-up bits he did shortly after 9/11.

I didn't even know about this until you mentioned it. Funny shit!

Kristy
08-13-2014, 08:14 AM
"The flippant nonsense people are saying about him 'taking the easy way out' or being 'selfish' without knowing him or how he felt or what his experience of life shows more about their lack of imagination, empathy or ignorance of clinical depression than anything else.

It's all too predictable but tiresome."

I do not even try and fight the ignorance on Depression with these idiots Sesh. They think they know what happened....and they are all too happy to tell the rest of us how a clinical depression works...without a single close experience or the hard slog those that have lived with a depressed family member plays it out.

They fucking know so much more than we do about it Sesh.

Hey, here's a hint: go fuck yourself. I know more about depression and those suffering from severe mental illness who could not afford to receive any quality help. Williams had resources. Williams had family support. Williams went through rehab how many times..? He did take the easy way out! Bottom line.

If anyone remembers, you fucking asshole my own sister suffered from schizophrenia. Slowly, I watched a young, beautiful woman lose her looks and her mind. She took her life, too back in April 2010 not because she wanted to but because she did not have the adequate resources to cope; Williams did. So stop defending him. Williams chose to fuck up his life with cocaine and alcohol which only exacerbated his depression, my sister never came near that shit so what in the fuck do you know!?

Williams devastated his closet friends and family and, unlike my sister he had his facilitates about him - he made a coherent and conscientious choice to end his life. He knew he so fucking knew what that would do to those around him. So yeah, you whining chronic shit video youtube posting fuckwit, I do know how clinical depression works and how it robs so much from one's life. As for your mother, I'm sorry but get the fuck off your soapbox - you're not the only who has gone through the loss of another by suicide. So just shut the fuck up and go back to posting your crappy videos.

Angel
08-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Obviously, you don't know as much as you think. For one thing, he was bi-polar.

I'm sure he did make a coherent and conscientious choice to end his life. I have no doubt that he wanted to end the burden for his family. More than likely, he believed his family, and the world, would be better off without him in it. He probably felt he was doing his family a favour...

How do I know this? Because I've fucking been there...

Angel
08-13-2014, 09:22 AM
So you're Trollvis' social worker. Well, best of luck.
Nah...I'm staying away from both Mental Health and Child Protection... ;)

SunisinuS
08-13-2014, 09:30 AM
I don't think the comments in here are about anyone being "all knowing" or "self righteous" in the field of depression. I'm sure there are varying degrees of experience with personal situations as well. In sorry to hear of yours, Sun.

Yea not aimed at anyone here, but I think Sesh was talking more about Fox's Shepherd ect which I was as well. For 30 plus years always the same from those types. So yea, no one here, and should not have even posted as found it is just better to be silent about it....see the following.

As for K's self serving rant about shit she knows nothing about: "Williams devastated his closet friends and family and, unlike my sister he had his facilitates about him - he made a coherent and conscientious choice to end his life. He knew he so fucking knew what that would do to those around him. " Coherent and "conscientious" Wow. As in Princess Bride "I don't think you know what the word means." And closet friends? Was he gay? In any case, your true colors are your own Kristy you shine clearly now. For many many sufferers of Acute Depression, even with the best care there is, they lose the battle. But as you said, you know more about it than the rest of us and we are just people you need to insult.

For everyone who has dealt with suicide and depression in those around them...those comments above kinda sums up what Sesh was referencing. Kristy should see in her own post, but there is no logic. Depressed people and Schizophrenics Don't Know what they are doing. The are frequently very far removed from Reality. That is why they commit suicide. If they were fully aware they would not. We are not talking about Hitler or Goering here where sick but fully aware criminals commit suicide. I can see the "Coward's Way" about them, but from all accounts Robin was a good guy. He did not do it on purpose, it just appears to us as hopefully more emotionally and mentally well people as a terrible mistake.

You can't have it both ways Kristy. Either Robin was a terrible man who did this just for fun to torture his family because of an affair or bankruptcy or crime, or he was terribly sick and saw no solution to the absolute day after day mental torture until he lost it. Which was it?

Kristy. Goodbye. I feel sorry for you. You took a post that had nothing to do with you and made yourself center stage for some unfulfilled need you have. So sorry you lost your sister and I am sure you are posting from pain. The lack of taste and class in evidence though you own yourself. See you after you actually have a degree and something to say. If you were a male I am sure you would have plenty of dental work done by now as your kind of misery tends to find it's own reward. You keep posting your super great video's of your own! Out.

Angel
08-13-2014, 09:39 AM
My first thought upon hearing that was "cutting". Quite common for numerous disorders. Cutting is often an attempt to provided a sense of release from the pain, or a manifestation of self-loathing.

I have lost loved ones through suicide, and it IS horrid, so much worse than a "normal" death. If we de-stigmatize mental illness, it will also help those left behind. I had one brother who died of suicide, and, as many of you know, another from brain cancer. Both were taken by horrible, monstrous illness.

DONNIEP
08-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Hey, here's a hint: go fuck yourself. I know more about depression and those suffering from severe mental illness who could not afford to receive any quality help. Williams had resources. Williams had family support. Williams went through rehab how many times..? He did take the easy way out! Bottom line.

If anyone remembers, you fucking asshole my own sister suffered from schizophrenia. Slowly, I watched a young, beautiful woman lose her looks and her mind. She took her life, too back in April 2010 not because she wanted to but because she did not have the adequate resources to cope; Williams did. So stop defending him. Williams chose to fuck up his life with cocaine and alcohol which only exacerbated his depression, my sister never came near that shit so what in the fuck do you know!?

Williams devastated his closet friends and family and, unlike my sister he had his facilitates about him - he made a coherent and conscientious choice to end his life. He knew he so fucking knew what that would do to those around him. So yeah, you whining chronic shit video youtube posting fuckwit, I do know how clinical depression works and how it robs so much from one's life. As for your mother, I'm sorry but get the fuck off your soapbox - you're not the only who has gone through the loss of another by suicide. So just shut the fuck up and go back to posting your crappy videos.

I think this pretty much sums it up.

DONNIEP
08-13-2014, 10:57 AM
And for all of you who think everybody should just have the "choice" to off themselves...Sure. They should. And they do all the time. But they leave behind people who are fucked up forever. Don't believe me? Here's a good example...

I used to date this chick. We'll call her Jealousy. Anyways, we split up for various reasons, my whoring not one of them I'm sure, and then we got back together. In the interim, her mother climbed into bed one day and poured gasoline all over herself. Then she lit a match and didn't even move from the spot she was in. She burned to a motherfucking crisp, right there in the spot where she lit herself on fire. Well, she had the right and the "freedom" to off herself, right? Her kid, Jealousy, was in her early 20s and is still to this day fucked up like a motherfucking rubber duck. Yeah, she's a good mom. Yeah, she gets through the day. But when I talk to her, when we see each other, it doesn't take too long until she says "Why did she do that? Why didn't she just call me? Or just call somebody, anybody?"

The pain that a suicide leaves behind never ends.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 11:31 AM
One of our local news shows had a medical professional that deals with depression. He said 18% of the US deals with some kind of depression. He said many of his patients hear voices in their heads telling them to off themselves or do crazy stuff. He said there is no test for bipolar or schitzophrenia and you just have to ask questions and do some detective work. The more I listened to this guy the more I learned it's not an exact science and frankly nobody has all the answers. Sometimes the medication helps sometimes it makes people worse. I've even heard people who work around schitzophrenics in mental institutions conclude some of these people just seem to be possessed by something.

Frankly it's a world I don't relate to. I never once wanted to kill myself and I don't get how someone with a nice family could off themselves. It sounds like the so called professionals don't have all the answers either. All I know is it's the family and friends who suffer.

Seshmeister
08-13-2014, 12:08 PM
One of our local news shows had a medical professional that deals with depression. He said 18% of the US deals with some kind of depression.

The figure for people on this forum is much higher... :)

Just listened to an interesting podcast with Robin Williams from a few years ago where he discusses suicide - poignant.

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/remembering_robin_williams

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 12:13 PM
And for all of you who think everybody should just have the "choice" to off themselves...Sure. They should. And they do all the time. But they leave behind people who are fucked up forever. Don't believe me? Here's a good example...

I used to date this chick. We'll call her Jealousy. Anyways, we split up for various reasons, my whoring not one of them I'm sure, and then we got back together. In the interim, her mother climbed into bed one day and poured gasoline all over herself. Then she lit a match and didn't even move from the spot she was in. She burned to a motherfucking crisp, right there in the spot where she lit herself on fire. Well, she had the right and the "freedom" to off herself, right? Her kid, Jealousy, was in her early 20s and is still to this day fucked up like a motherfucking rubber duck. Yeah, she's a good mom. Yeah, she gets through the day. But when I talk to her, when we see each other, it doesn't take too long until she says "Why did she do that? Why didn't she just call me? Or just call somebody, anybody?"

The pain that a suicide leaves behind never ends.

Sometimes they don't off themselves. They off others. A good friend of mine growing up had a mom who dressed and acted younger than her age. She had to have the best clothes. Best car. Flaunted that her husband made good money. She was a bit nuts. Anyways her husband started having an affair with his secretary, fell in love and blind sided the crazy wife. Divorce. The family splits up with some moving to another city with their dad and some staying with mom.

The crazy mom would have these flings with gulable men and divorce and remarry. On the fourth one she blew him away with a 12 guage when he was sleeping. Arrested. Diagonsed with schitzophrenia and sent to a lifetime of being locked up in a high security mental institution ran by the state.

I don't know what's worse. Having mom off herself or having mom off someone else.

DONNIEP
08-13-2014, 12:14 PM
One of our local news shows had a medical professional that deals with depression. He said 18% of the US deals with some kind of depression. He said many of his patients hear voices in their heads telling them to off themselves or do crazy stuff. He said there is no test for bipolar or schitzophrenia and you just have to ask questions and do some detective work. The more I listened to this guy the more I learned it's not an exact science and frankly nobody has all the answers. Sometimes the medication helps sometimes it makes people worse. I've even heard people who work around schitzophrenics in mental institutions conclude some of these people just seem to be possessed by something.

Frankly it's a world I don't relate to. I never once wanted to kill myself and I don't get how someone with a nice family could off themselves. It sounds like the so called professionals don't have all the answers either. All I know is it's the family and friends who suffer.

Oh please. I get depressed from time to time too. And I hear voices telling me what to do. Ok, usually it's Warf and he's on the phone going all Wooooooo!!! Ric Flair style, but I hear them too.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 12:22 PM

Just listened to an interesting podcast with Robin Williams from a few years ago where he discusses suicide - poignant.

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/remembering_robin_williams

Robin Williams left behind a lot of brilliant work. He will be remembered for that. Frankly nobody understands why he did what he did and he probably didn't either. He wanted to get away from something. He made his escape. Sadly his family, friends, and even his fans deal with the cold hard reality. Apparently the man was too far inside of some dark menacing fog to think rationally or care. Call it selfishness. Call it being out of it. Whatever. Nobody has an answer, just guesses.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Oh please. I get depressed from time to time too. And I hear voices telling me what to do. Ok, usually it's Warf and he's on the phone going all Wooooooo!!! Ric Flair style, but I hear them too.

I watched an interview with Ric Flair. The man was a man's man. Ric delivered 110% and not only that, all of Ric's dreams came true because he made them come true. He said he got way more back than he ever thought possible and at the end of the interview he was teary eyed appreciating how good life had been to him. There you go man. Ric Flair is the shit!

Hey if the depression is seeping in, let out a Woooooooo! and body slam someone. You will feel better!

DONNIEP
08-13-2014, 12:33 PM
I watched an interview with Ric Flair. The man was a man's man. Ric delivered 110% and not only that, all of Ric's dreams came true because he made them come true. He said he got way more back than he ever thought possible and at the end of the interview he was teary eyed appreciating how good life had been to him. There you go man. Ric Flair is the shit!

Hey if the depression is seeping in, let out a Woooooooo! and body slam someone. You will feel better!

You talkin' to the Rolex wearin....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oESVMyJ20Ik

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 12:36 PM
The real Ric Flair. The man behind the alter ego and yes he's humble.

DONNIEP
08-13-2014, 12:41 PM
See, that's the thing. He was always humble. He just never showed it on camera. He hurt ONE guy, one time, while he was wrestling. Sting. It was an accident but it almost killed Flair. The thing with Flair that's probably similar to Robin is this, and other people have said it too, the only person who doesn't know he's Ric Flair is Ric Flair. And it was probably true with Robin. The only person who didn't know how great he was and how cool he was (a few crappy movies notwithstanding) was probably him. And that's a shame.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Flair hurt Sting? Good! I always liked Stewart and Andy but I never cared for that asshole Sting. Just because you are the lead singer of The Police doesn't mean you are a god.

ELVIS
08-13-2014, 02:28 PM

It'll be nearly 100% when I'm gone...

DLR Bridge
08-13-2014, 02:53 PM
It'll be nearly 100% when I'm gone...

So, is you're old g'bye thread going to be re-opened, or are you just going to pepper your 'fond farewells' throughout the whole joint? :biggrin:

dazzlindino
08-13-2014, 03:20 PM
So, is you're old g'bye thread going to be re-opened, or are you just going to pepper your 'fond farewells' throughout the whole joint? :biggrin:

probably will just have a new alias....like lisa marie or some such...and just say he left....

Seshmeister
08-13-2014, 03:23 PM
I think his lovable personality would shine through... :)

Von Halen
08-13-2014, 03:40 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/p75x225/10612881_764100380300437_5850007342222721203_n.jpg

FORD
08-13-2014, 03:41 PM
So is ELVIS leaving on the 16th?

It would seem to be the obvious choice.

dazzlindino
08-13-2014, 03:50 PM
So is ELVIS leaving on the 16th?

It would seem to be the obvious choice.

or april 1st..or would that be too obvious....

ELVIS
08-13-2014, 04:17 PM
That was four months ago...

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 04:33 PM
My cure for depression is titties. I've never seen a man yet where seeing some nice big tits doesn't cheer him up.

dazzlindino
08-13-2014, 04:36 PM
My cure for depression is titties. I've never seen a man yet where seeing some nice big tits doesn't cheer him up.

haha...does that work for gay men too or.....

FORD
08-13-2014, 04:40 PM

Only if they are into trannies. Or "bears" with big ol' hairy man boobs.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 04:46 PM

Possibly. Some swing both ways. Hey if they are a tranny they will appreciate a nice pair of tits admiring and wishing they had them themselves.

cadaverdog
08-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Flair hurt Sting? Good! I always liked Stewart and Andy but I never cared for that asshole Sting. Just because you are the lead singer of The Police doesn't mean you are a god.
He should have broken his fingers and ripped out his larynx. I never liked that prick either.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Robin. Put the knife down. Put your belt back on. Oh yeah she's nice! Check out them nipples! Oh I see you smiling like a cheshire cat now. Ok dude. Grab your wallet. We are hitting the strip clubs all night long. Who needs fucking Prozac?

cadaverdog
08-13-2014, 04:50 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/p75x225/10612881_764100380300437_5850007342222721203_n.jpg
Seems like it should say run over not ran over I'm no english major.

dazzlindino
08-13-2014, 04:51 PM
That was four months ago...

so the end times will happen on or before march 31 2015....interesting...

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 04:53 PM
He should have broken his fingers and ripped out his larynx. I never liked that prick either.

Back in the old Slawterhouse days there was a DJ that would post by the name of Carol Springer. She interviewed Sting and she came into the room with a dozen roses for him. She said he just threw the flowers on the floor and was a complete prick. After she told her story on what a prick Gordon really was in person. We made all sorts of Sting jokes that were pretty funny.

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 04:57 PM

A Satan worshiping friend of mine said the catholic church screwed up and the Gregorian calendar is three years off. December 21, 2015 is when the end will come, not December 21, 2012. So go to Sam's Club and buy lots of pork and beans and toilet paper.

Don't make this guys mistake. When the end comes party like it's 1999 or something like that. All these end dates come and go and confuse the shit out of me.

ELVIS
08-13-2014, 05:13 PM

Were in the end times now...

Open your eyes...

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Jesus is coming! He's coming to kick some ass!

cadaverdog
08-13-2014, 05:20 PM
I wonder if anyone said the Titanic sinking was a hoax when it happened.

FORD
08-13-2014, 05:32 PM
A Satan worshiping friend of mine said the catholic church screwed up and the Gregorian calendar is three years off. December 21, 2015 is when the end will come, not December 21, 2012. So go to Sam's Club and buy lots of pork and beans and toilet paper.

Don't make this guys mistake. When the end comes party like it's 1999 or something like that. All these end dates come and go and confuse the shit out of me.

Either him or you is getting your stories mixed up. The Gregorian calendar has been said to be off by 3 years, but it would be in the other direction, i.e Jesus born in 3 B.C. Meaning that if the Mayan calendar apocalypse was going to happen, and comply with other calendars, it would have been 12/21/2009, not 12/21/2015.

Reality though is that the world ended December 12, 2000. Because nothing made a whole Hell of a lot of sense after that, and it seems like some sort of tribulation began when those 5 BCE fucks overthrew the election process. Only thing is, the tribulation (at least as the Bible described it) was supposed to be 7 years, and it's nearly doubled that. :(

ELVIS
08-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Are you on medication ??

FORD
08-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Don't I wish...... So-called "legal" weed in this state has been a fucking cruel joke so far. :(

ELVIS
08-13-2014, 06:23 PM
No such thing as legal weed in this country...

cadaverdog
08-13-2014, 06:24 PM
Don't I wish...... So-called "legal" weed in this state has been a fucking cruel joke so far. :(
The "legal" weed here kicks ass but I suppose things will change if it really becames legal here too. I'm prepared to deal with that scenario if it arises. I might even profit from it.
10 years ago I would have said Robin Williams should have smoked more bud and he wouldn't have been so damn depressed but I've smoked some really potent shit in the last couple years that might have made a less mentally stable person than myself nut up. Gave me a paranoid/depressed high I really don't care for. I stick to slightly less potent weed now. It's cheaper too.

cadaverdog
08-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Your sentiments don't mix with your statements of dabbling. You're a stoner. I felt that way about "legal" weed out here when it first came around. Now it's a dependable no hassle way to score decent smoke for a decent price.

FORD
08-13-2014, 06:38 PM
Sometimes weed works for depression, sometimes it doesn't. I used to work with this chick who was seriously depressed. She was also a big time stoner. It wasn't helping her. Or if it was, then I would hate to imagine how bad she would have been without it.

I haven't talked to her in years, but supposedly she was doing much better, once she moved back to her native Alaska. Seems counter-intuitive considering it's dark up there for 6 months out of the year, and sunlight is something you really need if you're depressed.

78/84 guy
08-13-2014, 06:38 PM

He is on his Who 1982 farewell tour.

Von Halen
08-13-2014, 06:54 PM
No such thing as legal weed in this country...

Don't tell Kristy that!

Edwards3rdWife
08-13-2014, 07:00 PM
Remember when David said, years ago, that Edward was being chased by something ? Creative people are chased by the flow of information coming in.They have to try and discipline their mind, to learn how to channel and divert it like David has so successfully done. Of course, depression is not uncommon in these types of people. Robin decided to stop the noise.

Seshmeister
08-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Land of the free Sesh. Don't forget, KINGS OF THE FUCKING WORLD too!

This reminded me of a Doug Stanhope quote.

“America may be the best country, but that’s like being the prettiest Denny’s waitress. Just because you’re the best doesn’t make you good.”

Nitro Express
08-13-2014, 09:44 PM
Either him or you is getting your stories mixed up. The Gregorian calendar has been said to be off by 3 years, but it would be in the other direction, i.e Jesus born in 3 B.C. Meaning that if the Mayan calendar apocalypse was going to happen, and comply with other calendars, it would have been 12/21/2009, not 12/21/2015.

Reality though is that the world ended December 12, 2000. Because nothing made a whole Hell of a lot of sense after that, and it seems like some sort of tribulation began when those 5 BCE fucks overthrew the election process. Only thing is, the tribulation (at least as the Bible described it) was supposed to be 7 years, and it's nearly doubled that. :(

Well what do you expect. The story came from Satan. You know what a liar and trixter he is.

DLR Bridge
08-13-2014, 09:56 PM
“America may be the best country, but that’s like being the prettiest Denny’s waitress. Just because you’re the best doesn’t make you good.”
So, this is what you get when you look up pretty Denny's waitresses....

I've been waited on by purtier.

BITEYOASS
08-14-2014, 12:39 AM
Anyway..:focus:

This is the funniest scene that Robin Williams was in. It's from the 1991 Bobcat Goldthwait movie "Shakes The Clown" and he plays a Mime instructor. Almost pissed my pants laughing when I first saw it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOWR57K2ga0

SunisinuS
08-14-2014, 12:56 AM
I am sorry that I am so crass that I remember suicide mimes but my mother was picked out of a crowd at Sea World as a mime was working up the crowd...they made her do all that chuck did...lol my mom did the mime bit so well. Bi Polar is so fun. She was a big titted lady... lol reminds now of what Robin Said about how he and his mom played together. Have not talked to my sister since this new debate about suicide happened. I need to.

Thanks for putting up with me. I can see again how hard this is on families. Your pms have meant a lot. I hope that as this fades again into the background...and the hurt stops....that you think about people that feel...and their feelings can't stop. They can't sleep. And joy seems the farthest thing on the horizon. You cannot talk them out of it...they cannot talk themselves out of it. But the will rules us. Just remember how they loved you.

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 01:18 AM
Stupid website...

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 01:19 AM
I learned about accidental deaths due to strangulation while having sex or masturbating from him.

Hmmm...

dazzlindino
08-14-2014, 10:07 AM

Open your eyes...

...my great granny said the same thing to me....when I was a little kid...guess she really meant her end times....
...and my eyes are open...and they see very clearly...that you have replaced a drinking and drugging habit with a religious one....

FORD
08-14-2014, 10:58 AM
Jesus is coming! He's coming to kick some ass!

That's not Jesus! That's Desmond from LOST. How the hell did he get off the island?

Angel
08-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Talk about touching the lives of others. If you don't tear up reading this, there's something wrong with you
http://www.koko.org/koko-tribute-robin-williams

Seshmeister
08-14-2014, 11:11 AM
...my great granny said the same thing to me....when I was a little kid...guess she really meant her end times....
...and my eyes are open...and they see very clearly...that you have replaced a drinking and drugging habit with a religious one....

It's an ego thing, people like to think that the world will end on their watch otherwise their utter insignificance as one of 100 billion apes that have clung to a rock in the middle of vast emptiness for a while and then died can be a little difficult to get your head around. :)

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 11:18 AM
It's an ego thing :)

Yeah, and you should repent and acknowledge the one true living God...

But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

Jeremiah 10:10

Seshmeister
08-14-2014, 11:27 AM
Please don't be afraid, invisible skydaddy isn't angry with you check out this website.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/what-are-earthquakes.html

"An earthquake is the sometimes violent shaking of the ground caused by movements of Earth's tectonic plates. Most earthquakes occur along fault lines, which is where two tectonic plates come together."

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 11:31 AM
No thanks...

dazzlindino
08-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Yeah, and you should repent and acknowledge the one true living God...

But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

Jeremiah 10:10 :elvis:

now, again.... is all this before or after the yadda yadda parts...I forget....
the lord, the living, the king, the everlasting....jeesh....what are the names of the dead, short term, queen gods...those would be more interesting than yours....guessing your god killed those off...
because he is a fucking bully and spiteful and hateful and jealous....
and really...you should be applauding all those who are not saved like you...because we are the ones fulfilling your comic book prophecies....
my brother in-law is just like you...haha....every other year its gonna be over....and yet..he is disappointed time and time again when there is another tomorrow...

Seshmeister
08-14-2014, 11:46 AM
No thanks...

But it explains basic scientific facts about the world in terms even a child can understand.

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Scientific fact is an oxymoron...

Science constantly disproves itself as more discoveries are made...

ZahZoo
08-14-2014, 11:56 AM

Open your eyes...

Sorry the most current data measuring the natural expansion of the universe is still consistent and progressing as it has been for the last several billion years. We are so far away from the end times we can barely see it with today's advanced technology.

If you were to open your eyes Big E... even if human life were to end on this speck of dust in the universe... life, as we know it, would continue in abundance every where else. Only human arrogance leads many to believe we're alone and special in such vastness...

VetteLS5
08-14-2014, 11:56 AM

Gravity and "damn, the earth ain't flat after all" being the exceptions I suppose?

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Life on the planet isn't going to end...

Read your Bible...

Seshmeister
08-14-2014, 12:10 PM

No it doesn't, it refines itself.

When the Rosetta craft after a 10 year flight arrived at a comet millions of miles away last week with them both travelling at thousands of miles an hour it was all done using Newtonian physics calculated nearly 400 years ago.

Unlike superstitions though, if you can prove something is wrong then science corrects itself.

That's why you can post crap on this website that we can read on a computer but not by prayer.

Seshmeister
08-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Life on the planet isn't going to end...

Read your Bible...

I did and it's a smelly crock of shit.

“Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)

FORD
08-14-2014, 03:16 PM
TV | By Tim Kenneally on August 14, 2014 @ 11:15 am (http://www.thewrap.com/robin-williams-had-parkinsons-disease-wife-says/)

Robin Williams‘ wife has revealed the late actor, who died of an apparent suicide on Monday, was in the early stages of Parkinson's disease.

Williams’ wife, Susan Schneider, said in a statement on Thursday that the actor, who was found in his northern California home with a belt secured around his neck, was not ready to share the fact that he was suffering from Parkinson's with the public.

The Oscar-winning actor, who had struggled with addiction throughout his life and had recently entered rehab prior to his death, died with his sobriety “intact,” Schneider said.

Schneider added that the family hopes that Williams’ death will inspire others to find help and support that they need for whatever difficulties they are facing.

“It is our hope in the wake of Robin's tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid,” Schneider said.

Williams, star of “Mork & Mindy,” “Good Will Hunting” and other projects had been treated for depression in the period leading up to his death.

Read Schneider's full statement below.

“Robin spent so much of his life helping others. Whether he was entertaining millions on stage, film or television, our troops on the frontlines, or comforting a sick child — Robin wanted us to laugh and to feel less afraid.

Since his passing, all of us who loved Robin have found some solace in the tremendous outpouring of affection and admiration for him from the millions of people whose lives he touched. His greatest legacy, besides his three children, is the joy and happiness he offered to others, particularly to those fighting personal battles.

Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly.

It is our hope in the wake of Robin's tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid.”

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 03:20 PM
I did and it's a smelly crock of shit.

“Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)

See ??

Of course not...

You're spiritually blind...

FORD
08-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Well, that certainly clarifies the picture. Not a good future to contemplate for anybody, let alone someone already dealing with severe depression. Perhaps he should have called Michael J. Fox?

I watched two grandparents die from Parkinsons. As shitty luck would have it, they would happen to be the two who were once married to each other. So while there's not a definite hereditary link established yet to Parkinsons, my 73 year old mother is understandably concerned about that possibility, as am I. If I was diagnosed with that shit, I'm not going to say it wouldn't cross my mind to go out on my own terms. :(

Von Halen
08-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Chicks with Parkinsons give the best hand jobs.

cadaverdog
08-14-2014, 03:27 PM
It's an ego thing, people like to think that the world will end on their watch otherwise their utter insignificance as one of 100 billion apes that have clung to a rock in the middle of vast emptiness for a while and then died can be a little difficult to get your head around. :)
I'm not convinced the Bible is the word of the creator of the universe or it was even written by true believers. It's quite possible some wise men thousands of years ago decided to invent religion to try to keep people in line and wrote whatever morphed into the Bible as it is today. But I don't see why it's so aggravating to atheists that people want to believe something they don't believe. I'm an agnostic. It doesn't bother me that you believe what you believe yet it somehow bothers you everybody else doesn't agree with you. If there is a supreme being I'd assume you'd get on his good side by being a decent human being not killing other people or going to church one day and being an asshole the other six days every week. I've had too many incidents in my life where I should have been killed, maimed or busted but I wasn't that make me think there might be someone or something looking out for me from somewhere. If you just call that being lucky you still believe there's something more to our existence than life and death.

Kristy
08-14-2014, 03:33 PM
Chicks with Parkinsons give the best hand jobs.

Go shave a chainsaw up your misogynistic rectum and die a slow, painful death, okay?

binnie
08-14-2014, 03:41 PM
No it doesn't, it refines itself.

When the Rosetta craft after a 10 year flight arrived at a comet millions of miles away last week with them both travelling at thousands of miles an hour it was all done using Newtonian physics calculated nearly 400 years ago.

Unlike superstitions though, if you can prove something is wrong then science corrects itself.

That's why you can post crap on this website that we can read on a computer but not by prayer.

Wouldn't scientists generally avoid the terms 'fact' or 'truth' and speak in terms of 'infinite probability'? That seems to me to be its ultimate strength.

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Go shave a chainsaw up your misogynistic rectum and die a slow, painful death, okay?

Did he strike a nerve ??

Bring it up with your social loser...

Von Halen
08-14-2014, 04:04 PM

Shave?

I'm getting tired of fixing all your grammatical mistakes.

Von Halen
08-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Did he strike a nerve ??

Did I strike a twitching nerve?

Nitro Express
08-14-2014, 04:08 PM

That reminds me. I loaned my chainsaw to my neighbor a few weeks ago and haven't gotten it back yet. I hate loaning stuff to people who don't return it.

Nitro Express
08-14-2014, 04:11 PM
I'm not convinced the Bible is the word of the creator of the universe or it was even written by true believers. It's quite possible some wise men thousands of years ago decided to invent religion to try to keep people in line and wrote whatever morphed into the Bible as it is today. But I don't see why it's so aggravating to atheists that people want to believe something they don't believe. I'm an agnostic. It doesn't bother me that you believe what you believe yet it somehow bothers you everybody else doesn't agree with you. If there is a supreme being I'd assume you'd get on his good side by being a decent human being not killing other people or going to church one day and being an asshole the other six days every week. I've had too many incidents in my life where I should have been killed, maimed or busted but I wasn't that make me think there might be someone or something looking out for me from somewhere. If you just call that being lucky you still believe there's something more to our existence than life and death.

I love the bible. It does give some good advice. Treating others like how you want to be treated is a good moral foundation. But if I want to take revenge, I can use the bible to justify it. Use a little license and creativity, you can justify anything with the bible.

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Shave?

I'm getting tired of fixing all your grammatical mistakes.

Hush...

The fag is trying to get a Master's Degree...

:biggrin:

Seshmeister
08-14-2014, 04:46 PM
I love the bible. It does give some good advice. Treating others like how you want to be treated is a good moral foundation.

No it's not.

What if they don't want to be treated how you like being treated?

What if someone is a homosexual Sammy Hagar fan does that mean it's moral for him to fuck you in the ass while playing Dreams?

It's a justification rule book to allow people to do shitty things to other people without having to feel guilty about it.

"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

Nitro Express
08-14-2014, 04:48 PM
Well, that certainly clarifies the picture. Not a good future to contemplate for anybody, let alone someone already dealing with severe depression. Perhaps he should have called Michael J. Fox?

I watched two grandparents die from Parkinsons. As shitty luck would have it, they would happen to be the two who were once married to each other. So while there's not a definite hereditary link established yet to Parkinsons, my 73 year old mother is understandably concerned about that possibility, as am I. If I was diagnosed with that shit, I'm not going to say it wouldn't cross my mind to go out on my own terms. :(

It seems some people view life as a half full glass and other view it as a half empty glass. I think the difference is some view life as a challenge. I think Michael J Fox is such a person. They just seem to go on regardless of how much baggage they get saddled with. Robin Williams seemed to be the glass is half empty type.

I had one grandmother who was crippled with polio but she was always glad to see you and always fascinated with life. She read a lot and was always up on things. My other grandmother was in perfect health but always negative and miserable. She had money. A nice home. Always looked nice but you could tell. She never was that happy and always paranoid of something.

I think it's a person's attitude more than anything. Some people can do so much with so much shit in their lives and other's can't do anything when they have so little in their way. The biggest thing in their way is themselves.

Nitro Express
08-14-2014, 04:54 PM
No it's not.

What if they don't want to be treated how you like being treated?

What if someone is a homosexual Sammy Hagar fan does that mean it's moral for him to fuck you in the ass while playing Dreams?

It's a justification rule book to allow people to do shitty things to other people without having to feel guilty about it.

"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

LOL! Hey. Constantine needed some scripture. If you can't wipe out the christians, exploit them. Constantine's way created more wealth and power than Nero had even dreamed of. The bible is a product of Rome. I'm sure the turn the other cheek bit didn't find itself there by accident.

This guy would fuck you up the ass without a reach around.

cadaverdog
08-14-2014, 04:56 PM

That's how you percieve it because people use it like that. Cars weren't invented to run people over and kill them but it doesn't stop people from doing it if that's what they want to do. Doesn't atheism give some people the excuse to do shitty things to other people without regret too?

Seshmeister
08-14-2014, 05:02 PM
LOL! Hey. Constantine needed some scripture. If you can't wipe out the christians, exploit them. Constantine's way created more wealth and power than Nero had even dreamed of. The bible is a product of Rome. I'm sure the turn the other cheek bit didn't find itself there by accident.

Classic example is
'And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marveled at him.'

They marvelled at the fucking nerve of Constantine sticking in a bit about Jesus saying give money to the dictator 300 years later. :)

Seshmeister
08-14-2014, 05:03 PM
That's how you percieve it because people use it like that. Cars weren't invented to run people over and kill them but it doesn't stop people from doing it if that's what they want to do. Doesn't atheism give some people the excuse to do shitty things to other people without regret too?

No it does neither one nor the other.

Like the car in your example.

You just made my point for me.

Nitro Express
08-14-2014, 05:05 PM

You can spin anything. The thing is, I'm more concerned with how a person behaves than what they believe in. Right now it seems like there has been an explosion of people who want to shove their lifestyle in your face. Interesting enough it seems to come mostly from the groups that used to champion free speech about 35 years ago. Now they have become just as bad as the people they were rebelling against. There seems to be a cycle. Hell. Everyone wants power.

Nitro Express
08-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Classic example is
'And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marveled at him.'

They marvelled at the fucking nerve of Constantine sticking in a bit about Jesus saying give money to the dictator 300 years later. :)

The romans didn't care what you worshiped. They were more concerned with you paying taxes and not causing trouble.

Nitro Express
08-14-2014, 05:11 PM
The thing is you will never get rid of religion unless of course you want a dictatorship that gets rid of it. Look at the Russians. They were under atheist communism for 80 years and now they are running back to the church. They are building 200 new church's in Moscow to meet the demand.

There is always going to be religion. People want it.

As long as I'm not forced to join and there is a separation of church and state, I have no problem. I would rather have people have the freedom to pursue what they want even if I don't agree with it than to have some centralized planning committee dictate how everyone should live. Freedom of choice is always messy but it's fun.

Seshmeister
08-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Education is improving things is most 1st world countries at least but yeah we are stuck with it worldwide for our lifetimes at least.

Even in the US there has been a huge rise in the non religious, especially among the young.

I'd say about 10% of the people I know attend church.

http://i.imgur.com/loHzk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VucSK.jpg

DONNIEP
08-14-2014, 05:44 PM
I like going to church.

Seshmeister
08-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Yeah well we know why you go there... :)

DONNIEP
08-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Yeah well we know why you go there... :)

I do believe you're implying something rude...

:biggrin:

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 06:16 PM
The churches are corrupt...

That's why people don't go...

Chuck Baldwin has a real church and is a real man of God...

Liberty Fellowship (http://libertyfellowshipmt.com/AboutUs/PastorChuckBaldwin.aspx)

cadaverdog
08-14-2014, 06:18 PM
Education is improving things is most 1st world countries at least but yeah we are stuck with it worldwide for our lifetimes at least.

Even in the US there has been a huge rise in the non religious, especially among the young.

I'd say about 10% of the people I know attend church.

It sounds like you'd approve of a society where there is no freedom to believe whatever you want to believe or share those beliefs with others.

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 06:19 PM
Because he thinks he's somehow part of the power structure...

Seshmeister
08-14-2014, 06:32 PM
It sounds like you'd approve of a society where there is no freedom to believe whatever you want to believe or share those beliefs with others.

Depends what the beliefs are.

Too much respect is given to beliefs I'm all about the freedom to say that a belief is wrong and why.

Religions don't stand up to scrutiny and that's why the people that run them don't like questions being asked.

Seshmeister
08-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Because he thinks he's somehow part of the power structure...

Hahaha

Maybe you should add me to your list of FEARS...?

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 06:35 PM
And I'm all about the real freedom and liberty that only comes from faith in Jesus Christ, AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!!

You're a SAD SHELL OF A HUMAN BEING...

cadaverdog
08-14-2014, 06:41 PM
I like going to church.
I don't but I don't have a problem with you going if that's what floats your boat. I went to church once or twice after I turned 18. I lived in a hippy commune with Jesus Freaks for awhile but they believed you should worship in a one to one basis instead of a group thing. They would discuss their beliefs with each other but not in a formal service type setting. They let me stay with them during the week for a little while so I wouldn't have to drive 150 miles round trip by myself after my brother got a better job. I just crashed there monday through friday. Most of the time it was monday through thursday. One of the members of group worked with me. We called him Wolfman at work. He was brother Chris at the commune. They didn't force their beliefs on me but they suggested I change my ways on a regular basis.

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 06:51 PM
What's wrong with that ??

maybe you should have listened...

FORD
08-14-2014, 06:57 PM
And I'm all about the real freedom and liberty that only comes from faith in Jesus Christ, AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!!

Seriously..... all the fucking hate and rage you have posted here over the last 6 months or so. All the "******" stuff. All the anti-semitic/white nationalist/christian identity nonsense. All the over the top anger..... it doesn't sound like somebody who has found "true freedom in Jesus Christ".

Shit, you even yell at HIM when He posts here!

There's an old saying.... damned if I can remember who originated it, but I think it was some well known preacher of the 17th century or so....

If religion has done nothing for your temper, how has it done anything for your soul?

ELVIS
08-14-2014, 06:59 PM
What temper ??

DLR Bridge
08-15-2014, 09:19 AM
Well, that certainly clarifies the picture. Not a good future to contemplate for anybody, let alone someone already dealing with severe depression...

There's a little clarification, I s'pose. Not to belittle him or claim cowardliness, but I can't help but think of people of all ages, primarily kids, laid up in hospitals with terminal illnesses that spend the final days of their soon-to-be cut short lives, hoping a Dr. walks in with a miracle cure. They would most certainly switch their ills for his. Sure, Parkinson's sucks, but a lot of things suck. I know. The phrase "however bad you have it, someone always has it worse" is no cure for depression. If only things were that simple.

jacksmar
08-15-2014, 09:34 AM
There's a little clarification, I s'pose. Not to belittle him or claim cowardliness, but I can't help but think of people of all ages, primarily kids, laid up in hospitals with terminal illnesses that spend the final days of their soon-to-be cut short lives, hoping a Dr. walks in with a miracle cure. They would most certainly switch their ills for his. Sure, Parkinson's sucks, but a lot of things suck. I know. The phrase "however bad you have it, someone always has it worse" is no cure for depression. If only things were that simple.

Could not have said it better.

Seshmeister
08-15-2014, 09:51 AM

Your post assumes the person is thinking rationally. The whole thing about clinical depression is that you don't.

DLR Bridge
08-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Your post assumes the person is thinking rationally. The whole thing about clinical depression is that you don't.

Understood, but I'm under the impression he'd received treatment through the years and he seemed too intelligent and well grounded to be cast off as completely irrational with his thoughts. I know it's complicated. That's why I ended the post as I did. None of us are in inside anyone else's head but our own.

Seshmeister
08-15-2014, 10:32 AM
I think when we hear the phrase clinical depression most of us we compare it to a time when we were unhappy or grieving for a loved one and that's not what it's like by all accounts.

I started to understand it better after watching a few things with Stephen Fry who suffers from a similar condition and like Williams clever, successful, much loved and funny.

This was recorded in 2010, he had an unsuccessful suicide attempt last year...

DLR Bridge
08-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Good point. Spalding Gray comes to mind, as well.

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 11:30 AM
I don't but I don't have a problem with you going if that's what floats your boat. I went to church once or twice after I turned 18. I lived in a hippy commune with Jesus Freaks for awhile but they believed you should worship in a one to one basis instead of a group thing. They would discuss their beliefs with each other but not in a formal service type setting. They let me stay with them during the week for a little while so I wouldn't have to drive 150 miles round trip by myself after my brother got a better job. I just crashed there monday through friday. Most of the time it was monday through thursday. One of the members of group worked with me. We called him Wolfman at work. He was brother Chris at the commune. They didn't force their beliefs on me but they suggested I change my ways on a regular basis.

You have to allow freedom of religion or you don't have freedom. As long as there is separation of church and state and no criminal activity is happening like child abuse or terrorist harboring is happening then let people live the way they want to live. We never will agree on religion and politics. Those are the two topics you stay away from if you don't want arguments to ensue.

We don't have a state religion forcing you to go and we don't have insurrections torturing you if you don't do what the church says. If people think a religion free state will bring a better life I'm sorry. That's been tried and it didn't bring a better life. Oddly enough people are running to religion in those places where it once was outlawed.

ELVIS
08-15-2014, 11:34 AM
You have to allow freedom of religion or you don't have freedom.

Simply and well said...

Just when I thought Nitro was going off the deep end he comes back with a voice of reason...

vandeleur
08-15-2014, 11:38 AM
What if my religion means bombing your religion :)

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Depends what the beliefs are.

Too much respect is given to beliefs I'm all about the freedom to say that a belief is wrong and why.

Religions don't stand up to scrutiny and that's why the people that run them don't like questions being asked.

You also don't have a free society if you can't question the church. One powerful glue that holds various church's together is family tradition. See what happens when you tell your orthodox jewish parents, stout Mormon parents, or devout Islamic parents that you are marring outside of the faith. It's not pretty. People have to remember leaving a religion or not towing the traditional line might mean loss of family.

It's a complicated issue.

Angel
08-15-2014, 11:39 AM
I think when we hear the phrase clinical depression most of us we compare it to a time when we were unhappy or grieving for a loved one and that's not what it's like by all accounts.

No, it's not. It's more like a thick black cloud that encompasses your brain, and it just keeps getting thicker and darker. Eventually, you get to the point where you can't stand it anymore. You are convinced that your loved ones, and the world in general, would be much better off without you around. The longer the depression, the more negative the thinking. Eventually, you get to the point where you believe that ALL problems are your fault, and everyone in your life will be happier once you, the problem maker, are gone.

Seshmeister
08-15-2014, 11:41 AM
That's exactly the definition a clinician gave me yesterday when we were chatting.
Not in a professional capacity I better add... :)

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 11:43 AM
What if my religion means bombing your religion :)

That problem tends to rear it's ugly head when you don't have separation of church and state. See why Israel is a failure is it's a theocracy. The only way that place really would work is to have separation of church and state and freedom of religion. Jews, muslims, and christians have lived together and got along fine. It's when someone politicizes religion is where the trouble tends to happen.

Kristy
08-15-2014, 11:58 AM

No such thing. Either you want out or you're a pussy.

Kristy
08-15-2014, 12:04 PM

How Christian

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 12:11 PM
To be honest. I was always skeptical of this clinical depression definition. Then we had a neighbor who suffered from it. She had a daughter the same age as our daughter. The mom just stopped functioning. Lost her job. Never mentioned suicide by my wife and I were concerned she was in the danger zone. We called her brother and he came and tried to help her. No luck. She finally ended up getting comitted to the state mental hospital. Whatever they did there helped her. She got out. She got a new job. Remarried. Things seem to be working for her now.

This was a person who was well educated and very capable of being a good employee. It's just that something would set her off and she would fall into these deep depressions and not function. It didn't matter if she was responsible for her daughter or what kind of responsibilities she had. I've never seen that before or since.

So yeah there are those manic depressive people and it seems like the right professional can help them but I think too many people use depression as an excuse. I'm not buying we have as many depressives as the statistics claim.

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 12:16 PM
No such thing. Either you want out or you're a pussy.

Jump! Might as well jump!

No one will ever accuse Kiss' Gene Simmons of not speaking his mind. One day after Simmons and his Kiss Army were ordered to surrender by the Black Lips, resulting in an ill-fated "learn English" jab by Simmons, the bassist made some irresponsible comments about depression that have angered Mötley Crüe's Nikki Sixx, Loudwire reports.

In an interview with Songfacts.com, Simmons essentially dismissed depression as a mental disorder. "For a putz 20-year-old kid to say, 'I'm depressed. I live in Seattle.' Fuck you, then kill yourself. I never understand, because I always call them on their bluff. I'm the guy who says 'Jump' when there's a guy on top of a building who says, 'That's it, I can't take it anymore. I'm going to jump.' Are you kidding? Why are you announcing it? Shut the fuck up, have some dignity and jump! You've got the crowd," Simmons said. "By the way, you walk up to the same guy on a ledge who threatens to jump and put a gun to his head, 'I'm going to blow your fuckin' head off.' He'll go, 'Please don't.' It's true. He's not that insane."

Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx chastised Simmons on his Sixx Sense radio show. "It's pretty moronic because [Simmons] thinks everybody listens to him, that he is the God of Thunder. He will tell you he is the greatest man on earth, and to be honest with you, I like Gene. But in this situation, I don't like Gene. I don’t like Gene's words," Sixx said. "There is a 20-year-old kid out there who is a Kiss fan and reads this and goes, 'You know what? He's right. I should just kill myself.'"

Sixx added, "For people who are depressed, there is a way out. There are many, many ways out. And I don't want people to listen to an interview from a rock star, who's telling you the only way out is out." Sixx is just the latest person to get mad at something Simmons has spouted. Previously, the Kiss bassist generated some controversy when he said he supported Donald Sterling in the fight over the Los Angeles Clippers, adding that while what Sterling said was "heinous," he shouldn't be castigated for remarks made in private.

Mr. Simmons agrees with you Kristy.

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Suicide and religion. Only at the Roth Army.

ELVIS
08-15-2014, 12:20 PM
How Christian

Let those who love the Lord hate evil

Psalm 97:10

Angel
08-15-2014, 01:42 PM
That's exactly the definition a clinician gave me yesterday when we were chatting.
Not in a professional capacity I better add... :)
Nobody had to tell me. It's not pleasant, trust me.

ELVIS
08-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Trust you ??

Kristy
08-15-2014, 01:59 PM

For the last time, go fuck yourself you little proselytizing gadfly.

Kristy
08-15-2014, 02:03 PM
Mr. Simmons agrees with you Kristy.

Gene Simmons is a boring cocksucker who will do, say or blow anything or anyone for a dollar. I'm not pro suicide but what I am saying is think of your friends and family and the immeasurable devastation they will go through. Williams sure didn't.

ELVIS
08-15-2014, 02:11 PM
For the last time, go fuck yourself you little proselytizing gadfly.

See, that's the evil I hate...

Kristy
08-15-2014, 02:14 PM
See, that's the evil I hate...

See, I don't give a shit what you hate. Get the fuck over yourself and go back to living under your bridge.
http://webspace.webring.com/people/vd/dagoodin/DavesHomePage/elvis_troll.JPG

FORD
08-15-2014, 02:18 PM

I started to understand it better after watching a few things with Stephen Fry who suffers from a similar condition and like Williams clever, successful, much loved and funny.

Hadn't heard of the suicide attempt. Presumably he bounced back from it, since he turned up in the recent season of 24 as the British PM. Guess he didn't want to try to pull off an American accent like his old partner Hugh Laurie?

His analogy about the weather was a great description though. It's something that a lot of people just don't get about depression. You don't just "snap out of it", or "positive think" your way out of it, or pray your way out of it, any more than you could a hurricane. Or a drought, depending on how climate change has impacted your local area.

Guitar Shark
08-15-2014, 02:41 PM

This is pretty ironic since it seems like more than half your posts here are hate filled rants.

Kristy
08-15-2014, 03:07 PM
But..but...but...he's a "Christian!" That alone gives him carte blanche to be a fucking asshole.

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 03:16 PM
But..but...but...he's a "Christian!" That alone gives him carte blanche to be a fucking asshole.

Hi I'm Telly Savalis and when I'm out and about and want carte blanche to be a fucking asshole I use my Christian Asshole Club card. When you join the Christian Asshole Club you get a special welcome from Benjamin Netanyahu when you visit Israel. You have accsess to millions of gullible christian females needing a strong christian man in their lives. You get the smug feeling that you are going to be raptured when the other heathen assholes will suffer the last day tribulations and burn as stubble. You also get a discount at the buffet at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 03:21 PM
When I think of manic depression. I think of this. Got to love Jimmy. He had manic depression because he couldn't have sex with his music instead of the same ol same ol women. The dude was insane in a good way.

Kristy
08-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Really? That sucks. When I think of depression and wanting to slit my wrist I listen to this:

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Listening to The Smiths makes me want to see how much of my head I can blow all over the wall.

FORD
08-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Stephen Patrick Morrissey may be the record holder as the guy who has not only survived depression for over 30 years, but actually made money off of it.

Yeah....I know, Brian Wilson. But Brian's most successful material was about sun, surfing, cars, and chicks. So he was writing to escape his depression, where Morrissey bleeds his misery into his lyrics.

Nitro Express
It's a good thing I'm not manic suicidal because if I was, I would kamikaze Sammy Hagar's house.

DONNIEP
Oh please. There's no better suicide music than Mad Season. That shit will put you in a dark closet even if you're not depressed.

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Stephen Patrick Morrissey may be the record holder as the guy who has not only survived depression for over 30 years, but actually made money off of it.

Yeah....I know, Brian Wilson. But Brian's most successful material was about sun, surfing, cars, and chicks. So he was writing to escape his depression, where Morrissey bleeds his misery into his lyrics.

So the key to being a creative genius is to be depressed to the point of constantly being tempted of killing yourself. No wonder I never made it. I'm too happy.

FORD
08-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Oh please. There's no better suicide music than Mad Season. That shit will put you in a dark closet even if you're not depressed.

Yeah... and that's why they only made one record :(

DONNIEP
08-15-2014, 03:39 PM
And let's not forget the number one Kill Yourself Music of all time: Nirvana! Put on any Nirvana record, grab that shitty green sweater you bought at the Goodwill last week and lock and load babayyy!!!

DONNIEP
08-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Yeah... and that's why they only made one record :(

It's actually a great record. But those with weak minds, or very sharp knives in the house, probably shouldn't listen to it unsupervised. Kinda like your first acid trip.

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 03:41 PM
And let's not forget the number one Kill Yourself Music of all time: Nirvana! Put on any Nirvana record, grab that shitty green sweater you bought at the Goodwill last week and lock and load babayyy!!!

I'm surprised the whole town of Aberdeen hasn't offed themselves. I swear. That place is a negative energy vortex. Kurt came from a weird place. Out work loggers on crack and crazed old fishermen is never a good combination.

DONNIEP
08-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Kurt came from a weird place.

Too easy...

FORD
08-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Aberdeen is a truly depressing place. If I didn't have to drive through it to get to the beach, I would never go there. Kurt got out of Aberdeen, but I'm not so sure Aberdeen ever got out of him. It was probably a factor, along with depression, his physical problems, the non-prescription medication he gave himself to medicate those problems, and of course, that miserable fucking gold digging cunt he was married to. :(

DONNIEP
08-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Living with that drugged out whore would be enough to drive anybody to take a dirt nap..

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Aberdeen is a truly depressing place. If I didn't have to drive through it to get to the beach, I would never go there. Kurt got out of Aberdeen, but I'm not so sure Aberdeen ever got out of him. It was probably a factor, along with depression, his physical problems, the non-prescription medication he gave himself to medicate those problems, and of course, that miserable fucking gold digging cunt he was married to. :(

I was driving up to Seattle to visit my sister from Portland. I took the scenic route instead of I-5. Stopped in Aberdeen to get some gas. The whole town had a creepy vibe. Bad mojo. You could feel it. You could smell the depression there.

Nitro Express
08-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Living with that drugged out whore would be enough to drive anybody to take a dirt nap..

The smell of her cooch probably would be fatal.