PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Real Man of Genius

Mushroom
08-27-2014, 12:51 AM
Alright, David Bickler is back on tour with Survivor sharing lead vocals with fag boy Jimi Jamison.

Here's a solute to the original Real Man of Genius!

Eye of the Tiger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

Mushroom
08-27-2014, 12:52 AM
Here is the Real Man of Genius, David Bickler!

Mr Foot Long Hot Dog Inventor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn5BhnYr8WY

Mushroom
08-27-2014, 12:52 AM
Here is the Real Man of Genius, David Bickler! Yes that's the Man!

Mr Really Really Bad Dancer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P78NbOx0r7U

Mushroom
08-27-2014, 12:53 AM
Mr Way Too Much Cologne Wearer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik6QzSgrqZ4

Mushroom
08-27-2014, 12:54 AM
Mr. Pro Wrestling Designer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCK5l9euX_o

Cato
08-27-2014, 05:06 AM
what the fuck is this thread about?

mh5150
08-27-2014, 05:36 AM
Real Men of genius ... of course. ..

Mushroom
08-27-2014, 10:22 AM

Seriously? Start from the top again.

Kristy
08-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Alright, David Bickler is back on tour with Survivor sharing lead vocals with fag boy Jimi Jamison.

Here's a solute to the original Real Man of Genius!

Eye of the Tiger!

You do realize that this 1985-ish MTV/corporate rock horseshit happened over 30 years ago?

It's time to leave the nest of your parent's basement.

Mushroom
08-27-2014, 02:11 PM
You do realize that this 1985-ish MTV/corporate rock horseshit happened over 30 years ago?

It's time to leave the nest of your parent's basement.

That's 1982 sister! You know if we were sitting on a couch taking rips off your bong and the Real American Genious commercial came on, we would be laughing hysterically. Then we would start swapping spit!

Kristy
08-27-2014, 02:13 PM
That's not the point, is it? The fact that you made post after post of men without clothes on, in spandex, wrestling, etc. tells me a lot about you.

Mushroom
08-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Nobody cares that David Bickler, the man that sang Eye of the Tiger, is the same singer of the Real American Genious :frown1:

Mushroom
08-27-2014, 02:19 PM
That's not the point, is it? The fact that you made post after post of men without clothes on, in spandex, wrestling, etc. tells me a lot about you.

I am the pro wrestler. I grill the foot long hot dog. I wear too much cologne and I can hardly dance.

Kristy
08-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Well, I did care (honest) until you made a post about it.

Guitar Shark
08-27-2014, 02:31 PM
Haha, I still like that Eye of the Tiger song.

sonrisa salvaje
08-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Nobody cares that David Bickler, the man that sang Eye of the Tiger, is the same singer of the Real American Genious :frown1:

I had no idea but it is an interesting piece of trivia. The bad thing about Survivor is that they continued on after Eye of the Tiger. That song in itself was okay but they had to do all those awful ballads after that. They were all hits but i still can't figure out who really liked them.

Kristy
08-27-2014, 06:27 PM
It's obvious that Mushroom likes them. In fact, he likes them a lot and that his homoerotic fixation has now gone beyond David Lee Roth.

Mushroom
08-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Kristy that's pretty close but I am 100% heterosexual. It was the summer of '82 in San Diego. I was a sprite young boy. I was country when country want cool. Rocky III was a huge hit, with Eye of the Tiger, Mr. T and Hulk Hogan. That same summer I heard Where Have All the Good Times Gone? on the beach and immediately felt the power of the mighty DLR. Coincidentally the same summer my stoned step-father taught me how to shoot an Uzi.

Now life is better than I ever imagined.

High Life Man
09-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Well, this thread just got kinda weird.

twonabomber
09-01-2014, 11:18 PM
LOL at Melodicrock

I can barely gather the strength to write as I soak up a soundtrack of songs that have shaped my life.

Andrew calls Jamison "iconic" as well. More lulz!

Nickdfresh
09-01-2014, 11:36 PM
You left out the best one! Mr. Taco Salad Inventor! A salad with 15,000 calories!! I don't see no lettuce!

Mr. Vengeance
09-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Something tells me that Jimi won't be too energetic at any shows.....
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ph-jimi-jamison-dead-20140901-story.html

twonabomber
09-02-2014, 08:43 AM
That's why I lol'ed at Andrew's eulogy.

Nickdfresh
09-02-2014, 11:42 AM

Well, not anymore...

FORD
09-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Well you know that guy went to Hell.....

It's not even a question of whether or not he deserved to, it's a question of Satan needing him to sing "The Search Is Over" to torture others for all eternity. I know I would prefer burning in flames without air conditioning to ever hearing that fucking song again.

FORD
09-02-2014, 12:45 PM
That's why I lol'ed at Andrew's eulogy.

Oh dear God...... I'm reading that right now. :confused13:

twonabomber
09-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Survivor wasn't iconic...they were lucky.

Nickdfresh
09-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Survivor wasn't iconic...they were lucky.

I have to admit that "Eye of the Tiger" when played appropriately during sports moments can give me a boner...

VetteLS5
09-02-2014, 05:11 PM
I have to admit that "Eye of the Tiger" when played appropriately during sports moments can give me a boner...

:019: Don't hear it often in Buffalo these days I guess? :D

Nickdfresh
09-02-2014, 05:17 PM
:019: Don't hear it often in Buffalo these days I guess? :D

No, not really :D

Kyle Orton will have the eye of the tiger on game day, tailgating outside in the parking lot with a keg and several bottles of whiskey. He already has an office at The Big Tree :)

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0601/nfl_billsbarowner2_576.jpg
"Yeah, Kyle Orton threw up all over this one..."

VetteLS5
09-02-2014, 05:34 PM
No, not really :D

Kyle Orton will have the eye of the tiger on game day, tailgating outside in the parking lot with a keg and several bottles of whiskey. He already has an office at The Big Tree :)
"Yeah, Kyle Orton threw up all over this one..."

Well, hope springs eternal for all of us until Sunday (or Thursday for a few). If we get as many penalties called in regular season games as I saw in preseason I think I'll just DVR everything and fast forward as needed. Down here we are just a couple RGIII poor slides/passes in a reg season game away from total anarchy by the fans.

jacksmar
09-02-2014, 09:17 PM
http://articles.latimes.com/print/1985-07-21/entertainment/ca-6882_1_survivor-concerts

FACES
The Survival Kit That Saved Survivor
July 21, 1985
Survivor was saved by an ex-Cobra.

Early last year, this Chicago-based pop-rock band was sinking. Without Jimi Jamison, the new lead singer picked up from a failed heavy metal band called Cobra, Survivor probably wouldn't have survived.

"I didn't save this band," Jamison, 34, insisted in his Memphis drawl. "It would have done OK without me." His modesty is admirable, but that statement is misguided.

With him, Survivor has its first hit album, the million-selling "Vital Signs," Jamison's debut with the band. The current Top 5 single, "The Search Is Over," is the third hit from the album. "I Can't Hold Back"(Top 15) and "High on You" (Top 10) were the others.

Survivor was one of those meteoric bands whose decline was as swift as its rise. Its moment of glory came in 1982 with "Eye of the Tiger"--the theme from the hit movie "Rocky III." This is one of the most popular singles of the '80s, selling over 2.5 million copies in this country alone.

Early last year, Survivor--which also includes Frankie Sullivan (lead guitar), Jim Peterik (keyboards, guitar), Stephan Ellis (bass) and Marc Droubay (drums)--was preparing to record its third album, "Vital Signs." Peterik and Sullivan, the band's composers, had the material ready. Ron Nevison was scheduled to assume the producing duties previously handled by Peterik and Sullivan. All they needed was a lead singer to replace David Bickler. Through auditions, they discovered Jamison, who was in the market for work after the collapse of Cobra.

At the time, Survivor seemed like another one-hit wonder headed for oblivion. Beyond "Eye of the Tiger," the band didn't have much quality material.

Admittedly, following a monster hit isn't easy, particularly for a band that was previously unknown.

"After 'Eye of the Tiger,' the fans wanted an album full of songs like 'Eye of the Tiger,' " said Jamison, who was not with the band when its second album, "Caught in the Game," was released in 1983, long after the hit single. "An average or a good album wouldn't be enough. The band needed a great album and some huge hit singles. But it didn't happen."

"Caught in the Game" was an awful album that included no hit singles. It sold an embarrassing 100,000 copies, triggering Survivor's decline.

Part of Survivor's problem was its stage show. Boring was the word most often used by critics and fans to describe it. If you had to see this band at all, sarcastic fans would say, then show up at the end for "Eye of the Tiger." The rest of the show was strictly ho-hum.

Former lead singer David Bickler, a shouter with an irritating voice, was a major contributor to Survivor's decline. In concert, he had an abrasive quality that rubbed some fans the wrong way.

Quite simply, if the band was to survive, Bickler had to go. Unfortunately for Survivor, it took two albums to recognize this. According to reports, Survivor sacked Bickler, citing ineffectiveness. But Jamison insisted the change was made for another reason:

"He was having voice problems. That was one reason. Also he didn't want to tour very much and the band wanted to tour. So he and the band came to a parting of the ways."

Jamison's statement about Bickler was supported by Survivor's manager, John Baruck, who said Bickler had a throat polyp operation in 1982, which affected his vocal quality and endurance. According to Baruck, after the operation Bickler's voice couldn't last through a whole concert.

With Jamison as the front man, Survivor finally has some charisma and pizzazz. He's a very capable and energetic singer. Now fans won't be dozing off at Survivor concerts any more.

The ex-Cobra hasn't dragged Survivor into heavy metal. In fact, composers Peterik and Sullivan have guided the band in the opposite direction with the "Vital Signs" album. The hit singles, "High on You" and "The Search Is Over," are rock ballads. It turns out that ballads are Jamison's first love.

"I'm stronger on ballads. I like to sing them more than anything else but I didn't get much of a chance before. I wanted to sing more ballads. Being in this group is just right for me."

This is the first time Jamison has been in a relatively tame band. Before Cobra he spent seven hard-rocking years in Target.

"I did a lot of screaming in those other groups," he said. "I got a little tired of it. I don't lose my voice as much on this kind of singing. From that standpoint, I can't really say that I miss heavy metal."

But Jamison does miss it in another way: "You get to go crazy on stage. That was fun. I can't do that with Survivor. It's a totally different kind of band."

Now that Survivor is leaning towards the slower, romantic rock songs, its sound is often compared to Journey's. A primary factor is that Jamison, with his high voice and melodramatic style, often sounds like a clone of Steve Perry, Journey's lead singer. With Journey on the inactive list, Survivor is filling that void quite nicely.

Survivor was in great demand in the movie theme market for a while, but didn't deliver any more hits. The band recorded "The Moment of Truth" for the "The Karate Kid" sound track. The movie was a smash but the single wasn't.

After the phenomenal success of "Eye of the Tiger," you'd think Sylvester Stallone would automatically assign Survivor to compose and sing the theme for "Rocky IV." But, according to Jamison, the band, now working on songs for the sound track, doesn't seem to have any particular advantage.

"We're turning in songs one at a time and asking what they think about it," Jamison explained. "I haven't done vocals yet for a second song. We may end up with three or four songs on the sound track if they like the songs. Or we may end up with none. It's not clear what's going on. I hope we find out something soon."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Unpretentious guy. RIP Jim

Kristy
09-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Guile Moronton is now playing for Buffalo?

As if living in Buffalo wasn't embarrassing enough.

cadaverdog
09-03-2014, 12:00 AM
It was the summer of '82 in San Diego. I was a sprite young boy. I was country when country want cool. Rocky III was a huge hit, with Eye of the Tiger, Mr. T and Hulk Hogan. That same summer I heard Where Have All the Good Times Gone? on the beach and immediately felt the power of the mighty DLR.
Went to boot and my first school in San Diego. Came back and served two years onboard a ship stationed there from 82 to 84. Mission Beach by the coaster was a good place to score smoke. Mission Bay was a good place to smoke it. Ocean Beach was a good place to get drunk. Black's Beach was a good place to see naked women.

Mushroom
09-03-2014, 12:29 AM
Went to boot and my first school in San Diego. Came back and served two years onboard a ship stationed there from 82 to 84. Mission Beach by the coaster was a good place to score smoke. Mission Bay was a good place to smoke it. Ocean Beach was a good place to get drunk. Black's Beach was a good place to see naked women.

My step-father made a lot of friends and $$$ selling welding rod to the navy in SD. He drove to the naval base about 3 times a week. That was 90% of his business. The MP just waved him through the gates, no problem. I did several ridealongs with him and visited aircraft carriers, destroyers, fast frigates. Unbelievable. All of that changed in 1984. Security was tightened up, red tape was re-defined. He let it kill his business. Some memorable times but I was a young whippersnapper.

cadaverdog
09-03-2014, 01:14 AM
My step-father made a lot of friends and $$$ selling welding rod to the navy in SD. He drove to the naval base about 3 times a week. That was 90% of his business. The MP just waved him through the gates, no problem. I did several ridealongs with him and visited aircraft carriers, destroyers, fast frigates. Unbelievable. All of that changed in 1984. Security was tightened up, red tape was re-defined. He let it kill his business. Some memorable times but I was a young whippersnapper.
They quit letting alot of people on base after the bombing in Beirut in 83. When I came home from overseas in early 83 my friends and family were allowed to park on the pier close to where the ship was docking without even searching their vehicles. After Beirut that wouldn't have been allowed. They'd have let them park on base but not near any ships. I imagine security got even tighter after the first gulf war. And tighter again after 9/11.

Mushroom
09-04-2014, 12:31 AM
You left out the best one! Mr. Taco Salad Inventor! A salad with 15,000 calories!! I don't see no lettuce!

¡Ay, caramba!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZvOqYVs2ao

cadaverdog
09-04-2014, 12:33 AM
I love those things. I add more calories to mine just to make it tastier. Calories = Taste. The better it tastes the more calories it has.

Mushroom
09-12-2014, 04:27 PM
This amazing thread needs a bump in memorium for Jimi Jamison!

Mushroom
09-28-2016, 12:17 AM
Jim Peterik is a real man of genius !

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jim-peterik-caught-up-in-you/

You may not realize how many hits former Survivor star Jim Peterik has written or co-written over the years, including “Vehicle” by Ides of March, Sammy Hagar‘s “Heavy Metal,” .38 Special‘s “Hold on Loosely” and his own band’s smash “Eye of the Tiger.”
His new album, The Songs, casts a revealing light on this body of work by re-framing many of Peterik’s most popular songs in an intimate acoustic setting. As an example, we’re premiering the video for Peterik’s rearranged version of another hit song he co-wrote for .38 Special, “Caught Up in You.”

“I’ve always had a special place in my heart for ‘Caught Up In You’ since the day I wrote it with Don Barnes and Jeff Carlisi of .38 Special,” Peterik explains. “It’s the kind of summer hit that resonated with people in June of 1982. But when my producer, Fred Mollin, insisted on re-imagining the song for my new CD, I had my doubts if the patient could survive such a radical reworking. What did I know? I absolutely love the way this song has taken on an almost classical feel; very formal, with a 12-piece string section and spare backing vocals by my son Colin Peterik.”

The video, shot and directed by John Dykas and Mark Voss, features five members of the string ensemble, including Chich Suan and Andy Ohlrich on violin. To learn more about The Songs, and to keep up with Peterik’s diverse and prolific music career, visit his official website.

Mushroom
09-28-2016, 12:19 AM
Move over .38 Special ! The original....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kWkrZaIwLA

DONNIEP
09-28-2016, 09:27 AM
Move over .38 Special ! The original....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kWkrZaIwLA

I knew they wrote it but neber got around to listening to their version. It ain't as good as .38 but then again who is?? :biggrin:

FORD
09-28-2016, 11:10 AM
Sounds like Paul Stanley fronting Journey. Definitely not as good as the 38 Special version.

vandeleur
09-28-2016, 11:38 AM
Back in the day I had a couple of 38 special albums . Special forces and the one after , the bird I was half heartedly diddling was into them. They were canny , the two big songs sound the same tho ;)

Nice taches I can see the appeal donzo ;)

vandeleur
09-28-2016, 11:41 AM
Just saying :)

DONNIEP
09-28-2016, 12:16 PM
Just saying :)

Shouldn't you be at the mosque? :biggrin:

vandeleur
09-28-2016, 12:20 PM
Shouldn't you be at the mosque? :biggrin:

Just finished my rioting for the day , gonna grab my Cushion and that's where am to ;)

DONNIEP
09-28-2016, 12:29 PM
Just finished my rioting for the day , gonna grab my Cushion and that's where am to ;)

I hope you at least looted a beer store or two ;)

FORD
09-28-2016, 12:37 PM
I hope you at least looted a beer store or two ;)

but that wouldn't be a Muslim thing to do. They don't drink :gulp:

DONNIEP
09-28-2016, 12:48 PM
but that wouldn't be a Muslim thing to do. They don't drink :gulp:

Yeah, and neither will Vandy once they take over his country :biggrin:

vandeleur
09-28-2016, 12:50 PM
Donzy that white hood you sent me ,it keeps slipping off my baldy head. Do they do them with a grip or a little bow so I can tighten it ?

Plus I asked for xxl you sent me kkk , is that American sizes ???

:biggrin:

cadaverdog
09-28-2016, 02:46 PM
Kristy that's pretty close but I am 100% heterosexual. It was the summer of '82 in San Diego. I was a sprite young boy. I was country when country want cool. Rocky III was a huge hit, with Eye of the Tiger, Mr. T and Hulk Hogan. That same summer I heard Where Have All the Good Times Gone? on the beach and immediately felt the power of the mighty DLR. Coincidentally the same summer my stoned step-father taught me how to shoot an Uzi.

Now life is better than I ever imagined.

I left SD to go to school in Illinois in March of 82 and came back in October after reenlisting from the Navy reserve to active duty. Got to hang there for most of the next summer but spent the next one overseas. Unless they've had a climate change there in the last 30 years it's basically summer 12 months a year in SD.

DONNIEP
09-28-2016, 03:05 PM
Donzy that white hood you sent me ,it keeps slipping off my baldy head. Do they do them with a grip or a little bow so I can tighten it ?

Plus I asked for xxl you sent me kkk , is that American sizes ???

:biggrin:

You should have ordered the one with the steel collar - you're gonna need it over there in Englandistan :biggrin:

vandeleur
09-28-2016, 03:17 PM
You should have ordered the one with the steel collar - you're gonna need it over there in Englandistan :biggrin:

Buddy them friendly guys down the road are preferable to those noisy rioters ..... Looting and causing trouble , your police should shoot a couple .... Oops ;)

Wouldn't happen in the good old uk , they would get a right old pointy sticking.

Mushroom
09-28-2016, 03:29 PM
I knew they wrote it but neber got around to listening to their version. It ain't as good as .38 but then again who is?? :biggrin:

Donnie you usually articulate so well what I wish to say, but I cannot agree 100% this time. First off, the original is way better. However I will use a trite analogy: Survivor may have won the battle but .38 Special won the war. And they are from the south. Rock on!

DONNIEP
09-28-2016, 05:16 PM
Donnie you usually articulate so well what I wish to say, but I cannot agree 100% this time. First off, the original is way better. However I will use a trite analogy: Survivor may have won the battle but .38 Special won the war. And they are from the south. Rock on!

What can I say - I'm biased toward .38 lol. But I do like Survivor and their version sounds good. But...if it ain't Donnie and Don singing it I just can't get into it quite the same way. It's just the hillbilly in me ;)

DONNIEP
09-28-2016, 05:21 PM
Buddy them friendly guys down the road are preferable to those noisy rioters ..... Looting and causing trouble , your police should shoot a couple .... Oops ;)

Wouldn't happen in the good old uk , they would get a right old pointy sticking.

I know, and you're right - our savages are pretty violent. Throwing rocks at cars passing under a bridge and jerking people out of cars is third world shit. And let's not dick around here - they ain't pissed off about being oppressed or anything else. They just want to destroy stuff and basically go nuts. But fear not - we're having a rally I mean meeting about this very thing tonite :biggrin:

vandeleur
09-28-2016, 05:24 PM
I know, and you're right - our savages are pretty violent. Throwing rocks at cars passing under a bridge and jerking people out of cars is third world shit. And let's not dick around here - they ain't pissed off about being oppressed or anything else. They just want to destroy stuff and basically go nuts. But fear not - we're having a rally I mean meeting about this very thing tonite :biggrin:

Haha

FORD
09-28-2016, 08:16 PM

On the other hand, not even "Second Chance" was as lame as "The Search Is Over" :puke: (and that was easily 38 Special's low point)

DONNIEP
09-28-2016, 08:53 PM
On the other hand, not even "Second Chance" was as lame as "The Search Is Over" :puke: (and that was easily 38 Special's low point)

It really was. What a shitty song. But, at least Don came back and all was right with the world again. At least until Donnie's ear got all messed up. Jesus, can't they just give him like some magical noise canceling earbuds so he can still perform live?? And yes, I'm actually asking Jesus to intervene here.

Terry
10-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Jim Peterik is a real man of genius !

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jim-peterik-caught-up-in-you/

You may not realize how many hits former Survivor star Jim Peterik has written or co-written over the years, including “Vehicle” by Ides of March, Sammy Hagar‘s “Heavy Metal,” .38 Special‘s “Hold on Loosely” and his own band’s smash “Eye of the Tiger.”
His new album, The Songs, casts a revealing light on this body of work by re-framing many of Peterik’s most popular songs in an intimate acoustic setting. As an example, we’re premiering the video for Peterik’s rearranged version of another hit song he co-wrote for .38 Special, “Caught Up in You.”

“I’ve always had a special place in my heart for ‘Caught Up In You’ since the day I wrote it with Don Barnes and Jeff Carlisi of .38 Special,” Peterik explains. “It’s the kind of summer hit that resonated with people in June of 1982. But when my producer, Fred Mollin, insisted on re-imagining the song for my new CD, I had my doubts if the patient could survive such a radical reworking. What did I know? I absolutely love the way this song has taken on an almost classical feel; very formal, with a 12-piece string section and spare backing vocals by my son Colin Peterik.”

The video, shot and directed by John Dykas and Mark Voss, features five members of the string ensemble, including Chich Suan and Andy Ohlrich on violin. To learn more about The Songs, and to keep up with Peterik’s diverse and prolific music career, visit his official website.

Survivor, and Jim Peterik/Frankie Sullivan in particular as the main writers of the groups material, have always been pretty straightforward in wanting to create commercial pop rock material that was accessible to as wide a range of the record buying public as possible. Sure, once Jamison joined, the band certainly put out a lot of cheesy stuff that weren't things I particularly cared for. But they had their success and their moment in the sun from 1982 to about 1986: a decent amount of top 10 singles.

With the track Caught Up In You, the lyrics are pretty trite, but no more so than any of .38 Specials original tunes. With .38 Special, for me the interest I had in that band was the three guitars weaving together with that semi-light Southern rock style. The vocals/lyrics were always secondary.

cadaverdog
10-06-2016, 02:01 AM
It really was. What a shitty song. But, at least Don came back and all was right with the world again. At least until Donnie's ear got all messed up. Jesus, can't they just give him like some magical noise canceling earbuds so he can still perform live?? And yes, I'm actually asking Jesus to intervene here.
I saw them in 97. I wasn't expecting to see Don Barnes back in the band. I thought Max Carl was still the lead singer. Saw them with ZZ Top, Little Feat and Corey Stevens. It was a free show celebrating Mark and Brian' tenth year on KLOS FM in L A. I used several different names and addresses to get free tickets then the day before the show my roommate won two tickets fairly close to the stage. The freebies were all general admission lawn tickets. I gave them away on the way in.

DONNIEP
10-06-2016, 10:30 AM
With the track Caught Up In You, the lyrics are pretty trite, but no more so than any of .38 Specials original tunes. With .38 Special, for me the interest I had in that band was the three guitars weaving together with that semi-light Southern rock style. The vocals/lyrics were always secondary.

Two drummers too. I liked that.

Terry
10-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Two drummers too. I liked that.

Yeah, that feature seemed to work a bit better live for them: on the studio stuff for the most part both of them were playing pretty much the same exact parts. They were a pretty good band live. Their studio stuff initially was pretty good until about 1984 or so. Then I lost interest.