PDA

View Full Version : Any AC/DC fans here?

Hells Belle
07-02-2004, 12:04 AM
I'm a huge Angus fan. I was wondering if there were any other AC/DC fans around this Van Halen based planet?

My Favorite Albums:

For Those About To Rock
Dirty Deeds
and of course
Back In Black

I'm more partial to Brian Johnson than Bon Scott, probably because Bon had some nasty ass teeth! But Angus and Malcom ROCK MY WORLD!

Ally_Kat
07-02-2004, 01:37 AM
You'll find some AC/DC fans around here. Count me in as one of them

Fabulous Shadow
07-02-2004, 02:05 AM
Me too! Saw um a couple years back. Kudos to Malcom for sobering up!

ALMOSTsaved
07-02-2004, 08:24 AM
I've always preferred the Bon era myself....

His lyrics were a little more, shall we say, dirty.

Wayne L.
07-02-2004, 10:10 AM
AC/DC is one of the last great rock & roll bands of the 70's along with Van Halen who had a huge impact on my life during my youth at the time. I saw AC/DC live at the old Charlotte Coliseum in NC way back in 83 with Fastway as the opening act which is one of the greatest concert experiences during my younger days. It's great to know Angus Young is still kickin ass with his blistering guitar riffs & showmanship onstage after all these years. I don't care whether it's Bon Scott or Brian Johnson because they're both great frontmen in AC/DC which is similiar to my attitude with my fellow VH fans concerning Dave & Sammy since it's Eddie's band.

JCOOK
07-02-2004, 10:14 AM
YUP, LOVE AC/DC.

Figs
07-02-2004, 10:27 AM
AC/DC fan here too.

I was lucky enough to see Bon Scott. I saw them open up for Ted Nugent in 1978 or 79. Both bands kicked ass; one of my first concerts.

Panamark
07-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Wayne L. irrelevant comparison. Bon is dead. They had no choice.

Bon scott AC/DC was fucking cool.. Classic. Up there with Led Zep, Sabbath and original Van Halen..

Figs
07-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Wayne L. irrational caomparison. Bon is dead. They had no choice.

Bon scott AC/DC was fucking cool.. Classic. Up there with Led Zep, Sabbath and original Van Halen..

...and Brian Johnson didn't make their music more "introspective and meaningful," or "pussified" if you prefer.

Satan
07-02-2004, 02:40 PM
The original Ac/Dc fan right here. Also the employer and landlord of one Ronald Belford Scott, who now serves as Hell's Secretary of Transportation.

Fabulous Shadow
07-02-2004, 03:25 PM
I bet they have some kick ass music in hell!

Mezro
07-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Bon scott AC/DC was fucking cool..

Bon was fucking cool and had the same type of swagger as DLR.

Rock and Roll was meant to be played down and dirty with fucking attitude. Bon was the real deal. I dig Brian but he is no Bon Scott!

Mezro...i've got big balls

Va Beach VH Fan
07-02-2004, 08:59 PM
I've heard that they're going on tour this year, but I haven't seen anything official....

Anyone heard or seen anything ?

They're one of the few major groups, for whatever reason, I haven't seen live....

TLR
07-02-2004, 09:03 PM
AC/DC fan here, too. One of my biggest regrets is never having seen them live.

tobinentinc
07-03-2004, 01:14 AM
I like AC/DC, but i deff think they are overrated. They can play the same song 10 different ways and make it kick ass. Not much for music variety. They still kick ass.

Leandro Pujiz
07-03-2004, 01:16 AM
AC/DC Rules....but their last two albuns is a lil weird....

Fabulous Shadow
07-03-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Leandro Pujiz
AC/DC Rules....but their last two albuns is a lil weird....

YEAH... KISS RULES TOO! :rolleyes:

FORD
07-03-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by tobinentinc
I like AC/DC, but i deff think they are overrated. They can play the same song 10 different ways and make it kick ass. Not much for music variety. They still kick ass.

True of the Brian Johnson stuff - one album is pretty much the same as the others. But the Bon Scott era was 6 entirely different records. Filled with the classic Ac/Dc songs that couldn't and wouldn't be cloned for the next record.

tobinentinc
07-03-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by FORD
True of the Brian Johnson stuff - one album is pretty much the same as the others. But the Bon Scott era was 6 entirely different records. Filled with the classic Ac/Dc songs that couldn't and wouldn't be cloned for the next record.

I may not agree with your politics, but i do agree with that.

Hells Belle
07-03-2004, 03:28 AM
I saw them in:

81 for the Back In Black Tour
82 for the Those About To Rock Tour
missed them in 84 for the Flick Of The Switch Tour
85 for the FLY On The Wall Tour
88 for the Blow Up Your Video Tour
91 for the Razors Edge Tour
96 for the Ballbreaker Tour
2001 for the Stiff Upper Lip Tour

Let's just say that I was raised on Angus.

Haven't heard of any new tour but they did release a new DVD this month called Toronto Rocks.

On July 30, 2003, close to a half a million people gathered in Toronto for one of the most spectacular concerts of all time in fact, the largest ticketed single-day event in history. The Rolling Stones headlined the show, accompanied by 13 other acts, including AC/DC, Rush, the Guess Who, and Justin Timberlake. Now, this amazing day has been captured on DVD

AC/DC features...
Back in Black and Thunderstruck and Malcom and Angus accompany The Stones on Rock me Baby. Pretty cool view.

Golden AWe
07-03-2004, 04:03 AM
I'm a fan too, especially for Bon Scott, but I have to say I don't own their albums, except for some Brian Johnson-era cassettes I got as a kid. I feel a bit sorry for that. What should I buy first?

We used to do Highway to hell with the band I had in Denmark, and I even managed to sing it pretty well - people actually loved it. I must say I didn't need to carry a gun on the gigs like Bon in the early days.

David Lee Moth
07-03-2004, 04:17 AM
But the Bon Scott era was 6 entirely different records. Filled with the classic Ac/Dc songs that couldn't and wouldn't be cloned for the next record.

Kind of reminds you of another =band=, doesn't it? :D

Panamark
07-03-2004, 07:23 AM
AC/DC with Brian, as vintage as they are now, is still a great show !

Angus will rock till he drops dead. Of that Im sure.

Check it out VA !! You will not be dissapointed...

Bon was better, but Brian respected the legacy with open arms..
He deserves a lot of respect, and Back in Black can be added to
those first six albums, and hold its own...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Check it out VA !! You will not be dissapointed...

Trust me mate, I WILL catch them on the next tour, I've been procrastinating long enough when it comes to seeing them in concert....

Panamark
07-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Looking forward to the review !

smaz
07-03-2004, 09:55 AM
I think Brian and Bonne sound quite alike, so I don't have a preference over either of them. I wanted to see them, they came over here for a one night only show in London on my birthday, but the 5000+ tickets sold out in under 5 minutes! Dirty Deeds is one of my fave albums by them.

DaveIsKing
07-03-2004, 11:58 AM
TOP Fav AC/DC Albums

1) FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK
2) HIGHWAY TO HELL
3) TNT
4) BACK IN BLACK
5) FLY ON THE WALL

I love "Who Made Who", but mostly it has songs from Back In Black and Fly on The Wall w/ a few extras.

Coyote
07-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I dig 'em.

I got a couple of albums:
Highway to Hell
Blow Up Your Video
High Voltage
Back In Black
For Those About To Rock
Let There Be Rock (CD & LP)

Haven't seen 'em live yet, though...

Hecubus
07-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Hells Belle
I'm a huge Angus fan. I was wondering if there were any other AC/DC fans around this Van Halen based planet?

My Favorite Albums:

For Those About To Rock
Dirty Deeds
and of course
Back In Black

I'm more partial to Brian Johnson than Bon Scott, probably because Bon had some nasty ass teeth! But Angus and Malcom ROCK MY WORLD!

Yer damn right!!

My #2 band compared to =VH=!!!!

Wayne L.
07-08-2004, 06:34 AM
Don't twist my words around you mentally ill morons Panamark & Figs since I know what I was talking about being a dedicated AC/DC fan for a long time now.

ZOSO
07-08-2004, 06:32 PM
GREAT BAND. Ironically enough Brian lives about 15 minutes from me in a resort. He's performed locally (not w/ AC/DC unfortunatly) more than once. Definitely makes you want to see the real deal though! He showed up @ a friend's bar mitzvah a while back. He had the whole thing on tape-crazy guy, but everyone there loved it!:D

ssomesweetsugar
07-24-2004, 02:23 AM
I've always loved AC/DC.
I never got to see them live in concert :( so I decided to buy "Live At Donington " on DVD..I love it!! excelent DVD!!

~S

FORD
07-24-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by ZOSO
GREAT BAND. Ironically enough Brian lives about 15 minutes from me in a resort. He's performed locally (not w/ AC/DC unfortunatly) more than once. Definitely makes you want to see the real deal though! He showed up @ a friend's bar mitzvah a while back. He had the whole thing on tape-crazy guy, but everyone there loved it!:D

Brian Johnson at a bar mitzvah?

Did he trade his usual hat in for a Yarmulke?

FORD
07-24-2004, 04:06 AM
I would just like to announce that after years of searching, I finally tracked down a copy of the AC/DC Volume 1 box set, which has been out of print for years.

It's the 6 original Bon Scott era albums with songs, track order and artwork the way God, Bon, and Angus intended and it kicks ass :D

http://www.acdc-discography.com/images/box1.jpg

http://www.acdc-discography.com/b22.html

DLRdelight!
07-24-2004, 04:28 AM
ac/dc is a band you just cant turn your face away from, my brother is 10 and its his favorite band!!! Cant wait until my lil bro picks up a drum set, but i here they are going on tour next year, if true, im for sure gonna go

Panamark
07-24-2004, 06:43 AM
I would just like to announce that after years of searching, I finally tracked down a copy of the AC/DC Volume 1 box set, which has been out of print for years.

It's the 6 original Bon Scott era albums with songs, track order and artwork the way God, Bon, and Angus intended and it kicks ass :D

http://www.acdc-discography.com/images/box1.jpg

http://www.acdc-discography.com/b22.html

Congrats !! Thats fooking excellent !!!

Panamark
07-24-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by ssomesweetsugar
I've always loved AC/DC.
I never got to see them live in concert :( so I decided to buy "Live At Donington " on DVD..I love it!! excelent DVD!!

~S

Isnt it great ! I saw it for the first time last week.
They were *ON*. Great DVD even if its not BON....
Brian sang really great on this concert... I would say
this DVD is a must have for any AC/DC fan. It Rocks !!

Admiral Donuts
07-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Yes,a truly fantastic band.Saw them twice in 1978, on the "Powerage"and "If you want Blood" tours.Eventually, I ended up working with Fraser and Stevie Young, Angus and Malcolm's nephews, in Birmingham,UK in 1989.They had a rehearsal/recording/storgage/ PA/Lighting and technician buisiness called The Pits.They wanted to manage the band I was in but our lead guitarist did not want to move out of easy comfy Scotland.Bad idea.Still got loads of good memories.E-mail me if you want to hear more stories....

Admiral Donuts aka Bonnie Jock O'Sullivan:D

ssomesweetsugar
07-25-2004, 12:41 AM
Isnt it great ! I saw it for the first time last week.
They were *ON*. Great DVD even if its not BON....
Brian sang really great on this concert... I would say
this DVD is a must have for any AC/DC fan. It Rocks !!

I agree, Brain was right On it.
I'm still amazed at how many people were at that concert!
Holy cow..seemed like the audience went on for miles.

~S

BIGBADZERO
07-25-2004, 01:28 AM
Bon Scott was the man. Now there's a real rock 'n roller. Down to earth kinda guy that you could probably throw back a few with. I miss him. RIP Bon.

Almost forgot to mention I saw em on The Razors Edge tour in L.A. I left that show completely drenched in sweat and DEAF. One of the best times ever at a show. Fucking energy man.