PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Independence. Good or Bad?

cadaverdog
09-15-2014, 05:34 AM
It's a question. It's coming up for a vote from what I understand. It hasn't been big news here but I heard some pros and cons , mainly cons about it on tv tonight. Didn't sound like the Scots or the Brits this particular station interviewed liked the idea.

SunisinuS
09-15-2014, 05:56 AM
Good.

And while you are at....Fuck the Irish and their Bullets:

vandeleur
09-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Good , fucking moochers :biggrin:

vandeleur
09-15-2014, 10:21 AM
The Shetland isles would like independence from Scotland . Seemingly they think Scotland is full of soft shandy drinking southerners ;)
Plus they keep all the oil and make some sheep billionaires :D

Satan
09-15-2014, 10:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YkLPxQp_y0

Nitro Express
09-15-2014, 10:31 AM
You don't have any independence until you have your own currency. This business of continuing to use the pound sterling or the euro is not independence. What you have is the illusion of independence but no real independence. So the whole thing is a bit of a joke.

vandeleur
09-15-2014, 11:07 AM

Couldn't watch it but went and checked it on you tube it was good :)

Kristy
09-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Good , fucking moochers :biggrin:

Really? "Moochers"? Could this due to Scotland wanting to distance itself from the stench that is England? I've been to Limeyland twice. I thought places like New Jersey and Commerce City, Colorado were bad, both were paradise when compared to that fetid land mass masquerading itself off as a country. London has to be one of the filthiest places on earth. Trash everywhere, people too callous and/or too stupid to care about their city apart from tourism which is what in Limeyland, those phone boxes and polluting double decker buses? At least Scotland has some green to it where Limeyland (particularly London) is a open-ended landfill full of fuckwits some of which form "bands" but enough said.

vandeleur
09-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Really? "Moochers"? Could this due to Scotland wanting to distance itself from the stench that is England? I've been to Limeyland twice. I thought places like New Jersey and Commerce City, Colorado were bad, both were paradise when compared to that fetid land mass masquerading itself off as a country. London has to be one of the filthiest places on earth. Trash everywhere, people too callous and/or too stupid to care about their city apart from tourism which is what in Limeyland, those phone boxes and polluting double decker buses? At least Scotland has some green to it where Limeyland (particularly London) is a open-ended landfill full of fuckwits some of which form "bands" but enough said.

Yeah probably , what's green ??

vandeleur
09-15-2014, 12:36 PM

Am just pleased you have a passport Hun :)

Kristy
09-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Yeah probably , what's green ??

The Scottish people's teeth.

Satan
09-15-2014, 01:29 PM
Speaking of "green", does Kristy have her new seasonal bong yet?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/kliljedahl/Internet%20downloads/bongpumpkin_zps318b2a50.jpg

Yeah, the bong itself ain't green, but you know...... :bong:

Kristy
09-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Pumpkin bongs? Nope. Pumpkins belong in patches for cartoon character to waste their lives on. It sure as shit does not belong in beer and the same must go for weed.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/GreatPumpkin.jpg
Symbolic of waiting for the return of Christ?

Kristy
09-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Recycled douche water, nothing more:
http://www.wearenotmartha.com/wp-content/uploads/Pumpkin-Beer-Pretzels-Beer.jpg

Now, I will go on record saying if this is made from my recycled douche water I am owned some serious royalties.

Seshmeister
09-15-2014, 01:59 PM
You don't have any independence until you have your own currency. This business of continuing to use the pound sterling or the euro is not independence. What you have is the illusion of independence but no real independence. So the whole thing is a bit of a joke.

So you managed to get the subject onto banking... :)

Satan
09-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Are there any plans in place for a Scottish currency, should the secession vote pass?

I don't see everything through the lense of a bankster conspiracy like Nitro does, but it is a valid point, that if you still used the pound as currency, it's still financially dependent on England, to some extent. Or the EU, if you went with the Euro.

Guess there's always the Bitcoin route.... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Satan
09-15-2014, 02:11 PM
Pumpkin bongs? Nope. Pumpkins belong in patches for cartoon character to waste their lives on. It sure as shit does not belong in beer and the same must go for weed.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/GreatPumpkin.jpg
Symbolic of waiting for the return of Christ?

I must admit to a slight morbid unholy curiosity about this Red Hook creation......

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CNri9MQaIPE/UlyHQkYb-AI/AAAAAAAAKGs/GG4SyN2dns4/s1600/RedHookPumpkinPorterPour.JPG

Don't really care for pumpkin ales, but the flavor might actually mix better with a darker beer :gulp:

Jérôme Frenchise
09-15-2014, 02:29 PM
Vote YES, Scotch friends, and then join the EU!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0H_m8h8aDxeO4S3T40fkD5EaaJwO73 3zyiVzKtXJNoV-o3RLwDw-FKK47bw

What's your take about the referendum, Sesh?

Nitro Express
09-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Are there any plans in place for a Scottish currency, should the secession vote pass?

I don't see everything through the lense of a bankster conspiracy like Nitro does, but it is a valid point, that if you still used the pound as currency, it's still financially dependent on England, to some extent. Or the EU, if you went with the Euro.

Guess there's always the Bitcoin route.... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

It's not really an independence vote. It's a decision of being ruled by London or ruled by Brussels. All I can say is Brussels is on pins and needles and the only thing keeping it going is Germany and they have their problems. Since London is the international financial fraud capital of the world, they probably will outlast the thrown together rickety European Union. I'm betting the British Pound Sterling will outlast the Euro. Of course if pissing off Queen Elizabeth II floats your boat, hell vote independent. Then Scotland can charge taxes on all the royal estates in Scotland. If they refuse to pay, nuke em because Scotland will have the nukes. Hell vote independence and blackmail England and Wales into becoming Scotland. What goes around comes around.

Nitro Express
09-15-2014, 02:57 PM
So you managed to get the subject onto banking... :)

It's all about money. The rest is just conversation. Try doing anything without any financing. I live in the real world.

Satan
09-15-2014, 02:59 PM
Well, the fundagelicals will tell you that the kingdom of my son, the Antichrist, will come out of a revised Roman empire. So the European Union has to stick around in some form.

vandeleur
09-15-2014, 03:05 PM
I live in the real world. yeah they get a vote to leave England next year :)

Seshmeister
09-15-2014, 03:41 PM

Had to find it elsewhere but very good.

Haggis is nice BTW... :)

Seshmeister
09-15-2014, 03:42 PM
It's all about money. The rest is just conversation. Try doing anything without any financing. I live in the real world.

You're soulless, there is so much more to life than money. :)

Seshmeister
09-15-2014, 03:49 PM

7 or 8 years ago it wasn't even an issue it was always assumed it would be the Euro, now that is not considered an option.

There is a lot of nonsense being thrown around about currency, we could use the dollar if we wished no one can stop you.

By far the most likely result will be we share the pound at first. If we don't then we can walk away from the UK debt which is now $160k per person.

That would give us a shitty credit rating but no debt and with 15 billion barrels of oil, I think we would manage.

Seshmeister
09-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Vote YES, Scotch friends, and then join the EU!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0H_m8h8aDxeO4S3T40fkD5EaaJwO73 3zyiVzKtXJNoV-o3RLwDw-FKK47bw

What's your take about the referendum, Sesh?

Older people are voting no, and usually old people vote more than young people.

Optimists are voting yes, pessimists no.

If you looked at my Facebook feed you would think it was 95% yes to independence but maybe that's just the kind of people I hang around with but more likely No people are keeping quieter. It's a more difficult message to get excited about shouting in the streets 'things could be worse'. :)

What is pretty amazing is it's gone very social media. Three out of the four main political parties are No which has led the BBC to get itself in a mess of bias accusations by having 3 v 1 debates/coverage. Meanwhile 95% of the the newspapers(English/foreign owned) have been running massive No campaigns for months. Despite all this the Yes campaign has moved 20 points better in the polls in the last couple of months from 39% to 49% kind of thing.

But, despite all that the bookmakers have it still as 4-1 against a Yes vote and how often do they get stuff like that so wrong?

VetteLS5
09-15-2014, 03:57 PM
we can walk away from the UK debt which is now $160k per person.

That would give us a shitty credit rating but no debt and with 15 billion barrels of oil, I think we would manage.

I thought Welsh/Welch was a derogatory term applicable to residents of one of those other islands over there? Who knew declaring a country-wide bankruptcy was the new move to financial independence? Those tricky Scots!

Seshmeister
09-15-2014, 04:01 PM
The argument is 'if you don't let us share the banking reserve and the pound why should we share the downside which is the debt'.

vandeleur
09-15-2014, 04:06 PM
The one serious ish comment I will make as a casual observer as neither English or Scottish but a member of the greater Geordie empire .
I don't know how much of this is driven by a desire for a national identity / independence or just people being totally sick of the cunty behaviour of Westminster.
Regardless of party all people are sick of how the country is run and has been run for a long time .
Am pretty sure if you asked any major city North of Birmingham would they want to leave the union you would get similar sentiments to what your seeing now .

VetteLS5
09-15-2014, 04:08 PM
The argument is 'if you don't let us share the banking reserve and the pound why should we share the downside which is the debt'.

I would say it's kind of like me expecting you to pay me the money you borrowed from me, but at the same time not giving you a key to my house so you could raid my fridge.

That said, I know nothing about what really happens in such rainy parts of the world. Just padding my post count, working on some cred.

Seshmeister
09-15-2014, 04:14 PM
The one serious ish comment I will make as a casual observer as neither English or Scottish but a member of the greater Geordie empire .
I don't know how much of this is driven by a desire for a national identity / independence or just people being totally sick of the cunty behaviour of Westminster.
Regardless of party all people are sick of how the country is run and has been run for a long time .
Am pretty sure if you asked any major city North of Birmingham would they want to leave the union you would get similar sentiments to what your seeing now .

This is all very very true.

I'm not a nationalist and the older I get the more suspicious I am of patriotism.

What should really happen is the rest of the UK should vote to remove London who are the real subsidy junkies.

Kristy
09-15-2014, 04:18 PM
If you looked at my Facebook feed..

No, I don't care to do that.

Seshmeister
09-15-2014, 04:48 PM
I would say it's kind of like me expecting you to pay me the money you borrowed from me, but at the same time not giving you a key to my house so you could raid my fridge.

A better analogy would be ages ago you got me to the point I couldn't afford my rent on my old place because you parked your car in my driveway so I couldn't get my car out to go to work. You suggested I move in with you but now years later I've got fed up with how you've been spending the household budget.

I say I'm moving out but I'll keep paying my share of our old credit card bill but only if I can put the old address on forms when I get asked about my credit history.

Or something like that... :)

vandeleur
09-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Do you think Alex salmond puts people off ? He comes across as even slimier than a regular politician , and that takes some doing .

cadaverdog
09-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Am just pleased you have a passport Hun :)
She might have had one but I doubt she has one. They don't allow mental patients in sanitariums to have passports. I'm actually surprised they allow them to use the internet. Probably some type of mental rehab program.

Seshmeister
09-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Do you think Alex salmond puts people off ? He comes across as even slimier than a regular politician , and that takes some doing .

It's annoying when it comes down to individual politicians as they are pretty irrelevant in the great scheme of things.
I think he is a bit slimey which is also why he is effective. On the slime scale he's nothing compared to Osbourne or Mandleson though.

vandeleur
09-15-2014, 06:00 PM
I think your right it shouldn't come down to individuals but it's the way these things pan out .
My problem with him is I do find him slimey and yes the others you mention are pretty horrible .
Surely the easiest way to come across well would have been the "at least am not them " approach .
Am not really sure if all his plans hold water but surely it didn't need to get to that , he just need to point at them . The best thing for the yes vote must have been Cameron and milliband dragging their circus up there .

cadaverdog
09-15-2014, 06:06 PM
I posted this thread because I knew there were Scottish and English members here and I was mostly interested in their opinions on the subject but I realize it could affect other countries too. My main concern as an American is the nuclear sub base and the subs we have other there because I heard the people pushing for Independance there want to get rid of them. Then again you can't trust anything you hear on the news and such nowdays.
I'm guessing the currency they use is supposedly backed up by gold there like it's supposed to be here. If all the gold backing the pound is in Great Britain, England or whatever you call it would they give some to Scotland or would they just forfeit their share?

Nitro Express
09-15-2014, 06:40 PM
You're soulless, there is so much more to life than money. :)

Not in the world of commerce and politics. Go ahead. Try to do anything without any financing. See how far you get. You won't go anywhere. Is there more to life than money. Sure but that is a life outside of commerce and politics. That's your life with family and friends.

Nitro Express
09-15-2014, 06:43 PM
Well, the fundagelicals will tell you that the kingdom of my son, the Antichrist, will come out of a revised Roman empire. So the European Union has to stick around in some form.

The revised Roman empire is the Vatican. Plenty of child ass fuckers in there to be the anti-christ. Maybe a more seedy cess pool than Brussels.

Nitro Express
09-15-2014, 06:53 PM
If Scotland goes independent they just need to have a low corporate tax rate and lure multinational corporations to headquarter there and pay their taxes there. Then they can legalize gambling and become an offshore tax haven.

Nitro Express
09-15-2014, 06:56 PM
I posted this thread because I knew there were Scottish and English members here and I was mostly interested in their opinions on the subject but I realize it could affect other countries too. My main concern as an American is the nuclear sub base and the subs we have other there because I heard the people pushing for Independance there want to get rid of them. Then again you can't trust anything you hear on the news and such nowdays.
I'm guessing the currency they use is supposedly backed up by gold there like it's supposed to be here. If all the gold backing the pound is in Great Britain, England or whatever you call it would they give some to Scotland or would they just forfeit their share?

I think the only currency backed partially by gold is the Swiss Franc.

Seshmeister
09-15-2014, 07:01 PM
I think your right it shouldn't come down to individuals but it's the way these things pan out .
My problem with him is I do find him slimey and yes the others you mention are pretty horrible .
Surely the easiest way to come across well would have been the "at least am not them " approach .
Am not really sure if all his plans hold water but surely it didn't need to get to that , he just need to point at them . The best thing for the yes vote must have been Cameron and milliband dragging their circus up there .

Most people just wanted more devolution of power but staying in the UK.

Cameron refused to put that on the ballot keeping it as purely Yes or No thinking No would win easily.

It's a bit of a perfect storm that the Labour leader is a muppet as well at the moment.

Seshmeister
09-15-2014, 07:13 PM
My main concern as an American is the nuclear sub base and the subs we have other there because I heard the people pushing for Independance there want to get rid of them.

There are no nuclear weapon carrying US subs based outwith the USA. The confusion may be that we buy the missiles from the US which is big business, billions of dollars.

The UK's nuclear missile submarines are based 25 miles away from the biggest city in Scotland, we tend to think that it is unthinkable that they would have done that in England. An independent Scotland would get refuse to host them but it would take many years for England to find a new location and build a base and cost billions.

Hardrock69
09-15-2014, 07:14 PM
I have not read up on all the details. I tend to believe if the population in a given area votes one way, then let them go for it.

I can only assume those who are in charge of this whole affair have already studied all the ramifications in extreme detail.

I can only assume they would not even bother with it unless there were real benefits.

I mean, I always thought Scotland should be it's own country. I always felt Ireland should be it's own island. Fuck all that religious crap.

People rant about all the "Muslim" terrists or "Middle Eastern" terrists or "Shining Path".....they never mention the IRA.....

Once again, religion is causing the destruction of the world.

Hardrock69
09-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Ok so is this post acceptable?

Hardrock69
09-15-2014, 07:21 PM
One thing Scotland can do is simply to NOT follow the failed policies of other nations.

They have had plenty of experience on the home front as to run their particular neck of the woods.....or not.

I think Scotland should be it's own country.

cadaverdog
09-15-2014, 07:40 PM
There are no nuclear weapon carrying US subs based outwith the USA. The confusion may be that we buy the missiles from the US which is big business, billions of dollars.

I can't refute that statement but I've heard similar statements before that I couldn't refute if you catch my drift.

Seshmeister
09-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Believe me if someone puts 200 nuclear warheads beside your home you tend to pay attention to these things.

They are UK weapons.

US nuclear submarines occasionally visit but not the ones carrying missiles due to security they only ever stop at one of the two US SSBN bases.

Hardrock69
09-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Just saw Cameron on his knees begging the Scottish people "OH GOD PLEASE NO!!!!"

:lmao:

Hardrock69
09-15-2014, 07:56 PM
I believe they should leave Scotland to the Scots.

But only if it benefits EVERYONE.

Which it won't.

So what the fuck.

I have not bothered to research the fine print on this issue.

Seshmeister
09-15-2014, 08:02 PM
That's an insanely high bar to set, it's almost impossible to think of anything that benefits everyone.

Sunlight maybe?

Guitar Shark
09-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Speaking of setting the bar too high, self-governance seems a bit ambitious for a country where it is considered acceptable for men to wear skirts.

Nitro Express
09-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Just saw Cameron on his knees begging the Scottish people "OH GOD PLEASE NO!!!!"

:lmao:

That's pretty funny. Well if Scotland goes what's to say it won't stir up some juice in Northern Ireland and Wales will want to bolt as well. England will be flying the St. George cross again because the rest of the union jack ran off. LOL!

Satan
09-15-2014, 08:19 PM
That's an insanely high bar to set, it's almost impossible to think of anything that benefits everyone.

Sunlight maybe?

Goths and vampires would disagree......

Nitro Express
09-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Keep the nuclear sub base if the "YES" vote wins. You can charge the UK up the ass in rent. You will have them over a barrel.

cadaverdog
09-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Believe me if someone puts 200 nuclear warheads beside your home you tend to pay attention to these things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Loch
I know it's Wiki but I doubt they made this up. They're were US nuclear subs in Scotland but they supposedly closed that base in 1992. That's probably the sub base I was refering too. I probably misheard when they were talking about a U K nuke sub base in Scotland and thought they said U S. I had heard about a sub base in Scotland from submariners I met in the Navy but that was before 92 but I didn't want to mention that if it wasn't public knowledge. Obviously it is so I can.

cadaverdog
09-15-2014, 08:35 PM
WWWWS. What would William Wallace say?

Satan
09-15-2014, 08:55 PM
Keep the nuclear sub base if the "YES" vote wins. You can charge the UK up the ass in rent. You will have them over a barrel.

Yeah, unless Cameron goes all "Putin" and thinks he can take it back, like Pootie did with Crimea.

Nitro Express
09-15-2014, 09:13 PM
Yeah, unless Cameron goes all "Putin" and thinks he can take it back, like Pootie did with Crimea.

Yeah but Crimea was once actually part of Russia before and had a large ethnic Russian population. Also Moscow wasn't about to lose their naval base to Kiev. If I was in Putin's shoes I would have done the exact same thing. Russia would have continued to lease their base if there was a government left in Kiev they could have done business with.

There is a central banking war going on. The countries being targeted by the west are ones who don't have a Bank of International Settlements sponsored central bank. Libya had their own bank. Russia has their own bank. Syria has their own bank. Iran has their own bank. They want every nation in the world to be under the BIS system of banks and then run up debt and then take real assets to settle the debt. You have to control most the politicians but look at the US and Europe. Most the politicians are owned by the banks.

This is what the move against Libya was all about. This is why any excuse is made to have regime change in Syria. It's why the Ukraine business is about with an end goal of having regime change in Moscow. It's the banking because if you control the banking you control the country. NATO is no longer about protecting Europe and North America from a Soviet attack. It's about taking over countries, putting a BIS bank in and looting the country. The Ukraine is being looted. Not that it was being looted before but now it's the IMF and it's corporate cronies doing the looting.

Like I said, and independent Scotland is a joke unless they have their own independent state bank. The European bank and Bank of England are BIS banks. Thinking you are going to escape debt by going independent without your own currency just shows you don't know how the system really works. The IMF will be happy to give independent Scotland a loan. They will end up owning the oil and whatever else is of value.

Hardrock69
09-15-2014, 10:30 PM
True. All of it. Whereas two old men sit in Central Park playing checkers day after day, all the alphabet agencies play checkers using leaders of various countries, or leaders of the rebels (soon to be leader of those countries).

It is all a self-defeating game. I wonder when the endgame will occur, and whether or not it will be man-made or natural? One random meteor or asteroid would be all that was necessary to destroy the planet.
Will be devastating either way, but I guess I would rather have the natural, non-radioactive alternative.
All we as individuals can hope for is to make it to our designated bucket kick-off point, and do so without too much damage along the way.

Some of our friends checked out early, unfortunately. Hope if there is an afterlife they are doing well.
As much as I dig technology, the dark side of that is that I hate living in a world where the world could be destroyed by man.

Seshmeister
09-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Speaking of setting the bar too high, self-governance seems a bit ambitious for a country where it is considered acceptable for men to wear skirts.

The US has done quite well and most of you eat with your hands and are highly superstitious... :D

Von Halen
09-16-2014, 08:11 AM
The real question is, would this thread be here, and would anyone really give a fuck about that shithole, if Sesh weren't from there?

ashstralia
09-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Git 'er done!!!

Hehe...

Angel
09-16-2014, 08:23 AM
The real question is, would this thread be here, and would anyone really give a fuck about that shithole, if Sesh weren't from there?
I would.

VetteLS5
09-16-2014, 09:36 AM

Freeballin' 12101

Seshmeister
09-16-2014, 09:47 AM

I never brought it up, I know that to you any time a black man has an argument with a white guy or kids in pantaloons throw a ball to each other is infinitely more fascinating than the breakup of the country that invented yours in the first place... :)

Hardrock69
09-16-2014, 02:35 PM
I think Cameron should go dig up the bones of James I and cram the skull up his own ass sideways.

cadaverdog
09-16-2014, 02:45 PM
I never brought it up, I know that to you any time a black man has an argument with a white guy or kids in pantaloons throw a ball to each other is infinitely more fascinating than the breakup of the country that invented yours in the first place...
I brought it up because I was curious how people from the UK felt about it.

FORD
09-16-2014, 03:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jy3yPQR6rw

Hardrock69
09-16-2014, 03:06 PM
What the fuck does that degenerate asshole know about Scotland?

FORD
09-16-2014, 03:14 PM
About as much as he knows about anything else - pretty much nothing.

Hardrock69
09-16-2014, 03:35 PM
True. :D

cadaverdog
09-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Typical thinking from a Mike Malloy fan. Fucker never said The Scots are trying to bring on global destabilization. He said the Russians are behind it because they want global destabilization. Why don't you change your user name to Goebbels? Your custom title here should say minister of public enlightenment and propaganda.

Nickdfresh
09-16-2014, 04:06 PM
I think they should paint themselves blue and bare-knuckle fight for their independence! Referendums are for pussies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W6vDzf-wSbk

cadaverdog
09-16-2014, 04:15 PM
I think they should paint themselves blue and bare-knuckle fight for their independence!
If it was the Irish instead of the Scots I'd suggest a drinking contest.

Seshmeister
09-16-2014, 05:12 PM
I brought it up because I was curious how people from the UK felt about it.

Hey it's a very valid thread, I was just jousting with Von. :)

Seshmeister
09-16-2014, 05:21 PM

This clip only makes sense if you assume those guys sitting there with clipboards and concerned expressions are psychiatrists brought in to study him.

Kristy
09-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Git 'er done!!!

Hehe...

https://img1.etsystatic.com/025/0/9556544/il_340x270.614098081_a5nm.jpg

cadaverdog
09-16-2014, 07:09 PM
Hey it's a very valid thread, I was just jousting with Von. :)
I was pretty sure you guys were just talking shit to each other I was just claifying why I started this thread. I assumed most Scots resented being part of the UK and it kind of surprised me when I heard some on TV saying it was a bad idea. Everything I know about Scotland and their relationship with England (Britain, whatever) that I didn't learn from watching Braveheart I learned yesterday.

Nickdfresh
09-16-2014, 08:42 PM

If you were Irish, you'd know that's pretty much redundant!

Nickdfresh
09-16-2014, 08:56 PM
I wish I could buy real Haggis, FFS! I'd eat that shit on Sunday!

DONNIEP
09-16-2014, 10:57 PM
I wish I could buy real Haggis, FFS! I'd eat that shit on Sunday!

Why in the fuck would anybody eat that shit? I could understand it if you were starving to death, but in America??

FORD
09-17-2014, 12:37 AM
The Colbert ReportGet More: Colbert Report Full Episodes,The Colbert Report on Facebook,Video Archive

FORD
09-17-2014, 12:38 AM
The Colbert ReportGet More: Colbert Report Full Episodes,The Colbert Report on Facebook,Video Archive

Nitro Express
09-17-2014, 12:45 AM
Why in the fuck would anybody eat that shit? I could understand it if you were starving to death, but in America??

I don't know. We eat sheep's testicles around here. We call them rocky mountain oysters.

Angel
09-17-2014, 01:46 AM
Bulls or buffalo balls here...prairie oysters. ;)

Nitro Express
09-17-2014, 02:03 AM
Beats Icelandic food. When I was a kid my parents would drag us to American Fork, Utah for the Icelandic festival. Oh yeah, goats head and head cheese. Everything was pickled and nasty. Now I can see why the vikings went bezerk. If you had to eat that shit you would go bezerk too.

There was some Norwegian smorgesbord restaurant my dad would take us to in Salt Lake City. That was good but the Icelandic crap. Nooooooooo!

cadaverdog
09-17-2014, 04:27 AM
About the worst thing I ever ate was this nasty tasting vegetable that looked a big yellow pickle chip in Japan. I was eating at a restaraunt where they have plastic food on plates in the window and you point to what you want if you don't speak Japanese. I stuck the whole damn thing in my mouth assuming it tasted like it looked but it didn't. It was vile and putrid tasting. I knew I'd hork if I spit it out so I washed it down with water real quick. The only good thing about it was I didn't make it obvious it was totally disgusting and got to see another guy try one. He even asked me if it was good before hand . I told him it was real good.

ashstralia
09-17-2014, 05:20 AM
Check out 'Scarfolk Council'.

They just put up a new freaking hilarious poster. :)

Seshmeister
09-17-2014, 09:01 AM
If Scotland goes independent they just need to have a low corporate tax rate and lure multinational corporations to headquarter there and pay their taxes there. Then they can legalize gambling and become an offshore tax haven.

Gambling is legal already but yeah they could open that up a bit as at the moment you can't drink at a gaming table or tip dealers which takes away about 90% of the fun out of it for me so I only go to casinos when I'm in Vegas. :)

Seshmeister
09-17-2014, 09:04 AM

Last time I looked Scotland has the second highest alcohol consumption in Europe.

#1 is Finland, did you ever notice that we have a disproportionately high number of posters from those 2 small countries...? :)

Seshmeister
09-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Lots of people spontaneously taking to the streets again tonight.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee43/Seshmeister/glasgow_zps7137968e.jpg

Things are starting to get pretty interesting here, vote still swinging towards independence but I still think there are a bunch of quiet old conservative voters that will stop it happening. I read that the communist party still get a huge vote in East Germany, a lot of older people hate change...

Guitar Shark
09-17-2014, 05:30 PM
So I take it you're in favor, Sesh?

The issue has the front page at CNN, for whatever that's worth.

Seshmeister
09-17-2014, 05:49 PM
So I take it you're in favor, Sesh?

The issue has the front page at CNN, for whatever that's worth.

I have some reservations but yeah fuck it I'm voting Yes tomorrow.

Nationalists only account for 25-30% of the vote if that, this has turned into a big vote against the status quo.

The Scottish parliament was pretty much designed so that this couldn't happen by making it almost impossible for a single party(the nationalist party) to get 50% of the seats so they could call a vote. This is all Tony Blair's fault. People got so pissed off with him with Iraq and his party moving to the right that the more left leaning SNP picked up a lot of their vote. Even then Scotland voted for his party but the conservatives got in across the UK. A particularly offensive version of the conservatives combined with huge public service cuts to fund the banks bailout and this has turned into a perfect storm.

ToraToraTora
09-17-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm voting YES. Be good to fuck up our country by ourselves and not by the Etonian Mafia in that little Cuntry who think they rule the fuckin world still. Vote Yes if possible but just fucking VOTE if your eligible this is too important not to bother your arse..

And more important, vote yes just to see Cameron get the boot, and Boris Fuckin Johnson running whats left of the UK...Hilarious.

ToraToraTora
09-17-2014, 06:53 PM
And if anyone is interested, this was a 60% to 40% landslide for No about 6 months ago. Now it's too close to call, could be won with 50.5% of the vote. Tomorrow will tell. All depends on who gets their voters to actually vote. And at least non voters aren't getting counted as a No vote as has happened before.(another Tory brainwave)

Nickdfresh
09-17-2014, 08:39 PM

Yes, the ingredients sound a bit ripe, but you HAVE eaten sausage, haven't you? ;)

Seshmeister
09-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Being pedantic but the rule about the non voters was actually an amendment brought in by a Labour MP not a Tory.

During the passage of the Scotland Act 1978 through Parliament, an amendment introduced by Labour MP George Cunningham added a requirement that the approval at the referendum be by 40% of Scotland's total registered electorate, rather than by a majority

That was only a vote for a parliament anyway which to be fair Labour delivered 20 years later.

The turnout could actually be high enough tomorrow to pass that crazy hurdle anyhow. In 1978 only 33% of people turned out to vote, today could be over 80%.

Seshmeister
09-17-2014, 09:08 PM
Yes, the ingredients sound a bit ripe, but you HAVE eaten sausage, haven't you? ;)

This is the ridiculous thing I'm the exact opposite.

I am incredibly wary of sausages and burgers which have to be the most expensive purest going but occasionally eat haggis which is by definition offal. :D

To be honest like wearing kilts it's not something the majority of people do more than once a year - if that.

cadaverdog
09-17-2014, 09:19 PM
In 1978 only 33% of people turned out to vote, today could be over 80%.
I hope we have that kind of enthusiam when the legalization of marijuana bill goes up for a vote here in 2016. I don't think we'll have a shortage problem when it does. People are already preparing to make sure we don't.

FORD
09-17-2014, 09:27 PM
I hope we have that kind of enthusiam when the legalization of marijuana bill goes up for a vote here in 2016. I don't think we'll have a shortage problem when it does. People are already preparing to make sure we don't.

Oregon is voting on it this year. Turn the entire west coast "green"! :bong:

And I seriously hope both states will take a look at the way things were done in Colorado and the way they were done in Washington and know which one is the better model.

California has a rather large infrastructure of medical dispensaries in place already, right? So if they roll those all over to retail stores (as they did in Colorado) it could be a huge success. Rather than the clusterfuck it has been up here so far. :(

vandeleur
09-17-2014, 09:44 PM
See ya twats nobody is mentioning we are gonna be free of the shackles of blah blah blah it's all fuck the conservatives . This isnt about nationalism it's a vote against the way the uk Government has conducted it's business in the last 20 years .
In some ways this is about Iraq/bank bail outs/mp expenses .. God this list could be endless .
I take this all personally , i still have to put up with this this shit :D

I did see an interesting development over the last couple of days , the right wing press has now got the idea that every immigrant in Europe is coming over the Scottish border , won't be long before we get Hadrian wall 2.0 :biggrin:

Seshmeister
09-17-2014, 09:55 PM
See ya twats nobody is mentioning we are gonna be free of the shackles of blah blah blah it's all fuck the conservatives . This isnt about nationalism it's a vote against the way the uk Government has conducted it's business in the last 20 years .
In some ways this is about Iraq/bank bail outs/mp expenses .. God this list could be endless .
I take this all personally , i still have to put up with this this shit :D

I did see an interesting development over the last couple of days , the right wing press has now got the idea that every immigrant in Europe is coming over the Scottish border , won't be long before we get Hadrian wall 2.0 :biggrin:

As I said the other day, you nailed it.

This isn't a Braveheart thing, that would only get 20-25% tops.

Say Newcastle already had a parliament and a separate legal and education system and you were offered the option never to be run by London Tories again. Oh and BTW there is a bunch of gold in the Gateshead hills, you would be tempted wouldn't you?

Shitting on the north of England which I think this will do is one of my reservations about this. Hopefully it could then lead to more devolved/federal government for the other parts of England outside the South East.

All that said, if I had to put a bet I still don't think it's going to happen. The internet demographic is not the same as the real world yet.

Hardrock69
09-17-2014, 10:56 PM
I voted Yes.

cadaverdog
09-17-2014, 11:28 PM
California has a rather large infrastructure of medical dispensaries in place already, right?(
There's one on every block just about. They had shut a bunch of them down but they're all back up now. I'm making sure I got plenty when the time comes. I had to harvest one of the two plants I have left the other day and it produced a shitload of seeds. The bud's a little premature but it get's the job done. Here's a peek at the one that didn't die. The one that did was twice this size. I had another tall one but I yanked it because it was a male. I boiled the stems and made some tea but I threw the leaf away. I'm allergic to pollen.

DONNIEP
09-18-2014, 12:05 AM

Say Newcastle already had a parliament and a separate legal and education system and you were offered the option never to be run by London Tories again. Oh and BTW there is a bunch of gold in the Gateshead hills, you would be tempted wouldn't you?

Shitting on the north of England which I think this will do is one of my reservations about this. Hopefully it could then lead to more devolved/federal government for the other parts of England outside the South East.

All that said, if I had to put a bet I still don't think it's going to happen. The internet demographic is not the same as the real world yet.

I read every word of this. Twice. And I still don't understand what it means. I say Scotland should have independence if Vandy says so. Unless Sesh is for independence. Then I'm against it. I don't know why, but it's my official position.

Now, why don't you both come live in America? You can buy guns, groceries, and beer all at the same time. And pick up some fatties at the Walmart. What more could you possibly want??

Angel
09-18-2014, 12:13 AM

I am incredibly wary of sausages and burgers which have to be the most expensive purest going but occasionally eat haggis which is by definition offal. :D

To be honest like wearing kilts it's not something the majority of people do more than once a year - if that.
Robbie Burns day is pretty much Haggis day here.

Nitro Express
09-18-2014, 12:18 AM

The one thing I can't eat is liver. I can eat sheep's nuts, beef heart, cow tongue, stomach lining, stuffed pig's intestine, bird's nest soups, and even monkey brains but I can't eat liver.

Nitro Express
09-18-2014, 12:24 AM
I read every word of this. Twice. And I still don't understand what it means. I say Scotland should have independence if Vandy says so. Unless Sesh is for independence. Then I'm against it. I don't know why, but it's my official position.

Now, why don't you both come live in America? You can buy guns, groceries, and beer all at the same time. And pick up some fatties at the Walmart. What more could you possibly want??

When I was in high school we would eat at a place that was both a cafe and a gun shop. The guns were up front the food was in back. Some cool guns came through there. A Johnson rifle, a M1 Carbine paratrooper model, old Colt peacemakers, even an antique palm gun from the 1800's. You would check anything cool that came in out and then go have a burger and a malt for lunch. Shooting up the school was unthinkable. We just fantasized about burning it down.

Nitro Express
09-18-2014, 12:31 AM

You weigh what London takes vs what you get from it. Usually when people see what they will have to finance themselves they decide independence is too expensive.

SunisinuS
09-18-2014, 03:21 AM
in·de·pen·dence noun \ˌin-də-ˈpen-dən(t)s\
: freedom from outside control or support : the state of being independent

: the time when a country or region gains political freedom from outside control.

I Think England get's it or they never would have given Scotland the power to do so, irregardless of Tory Vs what the fuck. It's a Calculated Gamble as the person who authorized it said. If you fully understand Freedom, England just honored your's Scotland and asked to renew your Alliance of your own free will.

Good Luck you all!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/independence

cadaverdog
09-18-2014, 05:47 AM
The one thing I can't eat is liver. I can eat sheep's nuts, beef heart, cow tongue, stomach lining, stuffed pig's intestine, bird's nest soups, and even monkey brains but I can't eat liver.
Liver's disgusting. I got some for lunch one day in the Navy. I thought it was a thin steak. It was covered with sauteed onions. I got it to my mouth but luckily I smelled it first. I recognized the smell. A babysitter tried to make me eat that crap when I was about 5. I tried but I couldn't. That was the last time dad used that babysitter. He doesn't like liver either.

Seshmeister
09-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Interesting to look at the live twitter trend map although it could again just be that the internet is more pro Yes...

http://trendsmap.com/v2/Lf62/w

Angel
09-18-2014, 01:16 PM
Interesting to look at the live twitter trend map although it could again just be that the internet is more pro Yes...

http://trendsmap.com/v2/Lf62/w
The Canadian news has been fun. A poll in Nova Scotia stated about 80% would vote yes. Not surprising considering how "New Scotland" came to be.

FORD
09-18-2014, 03:04 PM
For those of us on this side of the pond, here's info from the BBC about how this voting procedure is done....

Guide to referendum night

4.2m registered voters

97% of electorate

7am polls open

10pm polls close, counting begins

32 counts across Scotland

6:30-7:30am expected declaration

Source: Elections Scotland

Guess this means no electro-fraud machines over there yet?

twonabomber
09-18-2014, 03:09 PM
When I was in high school we would eat at a place that was both a cafe and a gun shop. The guns were up front the food was in back. Some cool guns came through there. A Johnson rifle, a M1 Carbine paratrooper model, old Colt peacemakers, even an antique palm gun from the 1800's. You would check anything cool that came in out and then go have a burger and a malt for lunch. Shooting up the school was unthinkable. We just fantasized about burning it down.

Out in the sticks there's a small mom n' pop grocery with a gun shop upstairs...

cadaverdog
09-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Out in the sticks there's a small mom n' pop grocery with a gun shop upstairs...
I've lived in places like that. The little grocery store in town is also the gun shop, hardware store, gas station and post office. The grocer is also the butcher, the gunsmith and the postmaster. You can buy your gun, ammo, hunting permit and tag if applicable from the guy and have him butcher whatever you kill when you're done. He might even mount the head for you too.

WACF
09-18-2014, 05:17 PM
LOL
That's like the town I grew up in.
Every half ton had a gun rack in the rear window and an extra .22 behind the seat.
You could buy ammo but guns were the next town over at the hardware store.

Seshmeister
09-18-2014, 06:40 PM
For those of us on this side of the pond, here's info from the BBC about how this voting procedure is done....

Guess this means no electro-fraud machines over there yet?

No we go in and mark the box with an X with an indelible pencil and then bank tellers count them while watched by both sides.
It's primitive but it works.
Those times you quoted are GMT so we are are 5 hours ahead of EST.

Guitar Shark
09-18-2014, 06:56 PM
Classic stuff here...
https://twitter.com/TheTweetOfGod/status/512734553186656256/photo/1

FORD
09-18-2014, 07:10 PM
Just as long as it's the bank tellers and not the bank executives - like the HSBC assclowns who launder the BCE's drug money.

Here's the link for the BBC election results page. Nothing there yet, of course. But just posted for future reference.........

http://www.bbc.com/news/events/scotland-decides/results

FORD
09-18-2014, 07:22 PM
The one thing that IS on the BBC's page is the turnout number for today's vote......

87.09%

When was the last time ANY election in the US had that kind of turnout??

FORD
09-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Here's a little something for the Farcebook fans....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bxu0VVkIIAAaSPC.jpg

Angel
09-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Those voter turnout numbers are astounding.

Seshmeister
09-18-2014, 09:09 PM
The one thing that IS on the BBC's page is the turnout number for today's vote......

87.09%

To be fair it's a crazy high figure for here too.

I'm convinced it's going to be a no vote about 53-47 which is a shame In a way but it's going to shake things up a lot.

London is getting more and more like Washington becoming corrupted by big business lobbyists and career politicians.

This is a kick in the nuts for them so we'll see what happens next.

Nickdfresh
09-18-2014, 09:13 PM

I figured haggis is a traditional thing and not eaten often. You can't get it here because of the meat importing laws having to do with some broad dying after eating tinned Brit beef in the 90's during the Mad Cow craze. I think, the internal organs can be more risky for passing on disease...

Angel
09-18-2014, 09:25 PM
I figured haggis is a traditional thing and not eaten often. You can't get it here because of the meat importing laws having to do with some broad dying after eating tinned Brit beef in the 90's during the Mad Cow craze. I think, the internal organs can be more risky for passing on disease...
Who the HELL would eat imported or CANNED haggis? :jaw:. We make it up here. Every city has a restaurant or pub that pulls it out for Robbie Burns day...

Von Halen
09-18-2014, 09:40 PM
That stupid golf course voted to let women be members.

Who the fuck was keeping the place clean before now?

FORD
09-18-2014, 09:51 PM
The Shetland isles would like independence from Scotland . Seemingly they think Scotland is full of soft shandy drinking southerners ;)
Plus they keep all the oil and make some sheep billionaires :D

Ironically enough, it seems the Shetland Isles are decidedly against breaking up the band at all.......

Shetland Islands 18,516 Y- 36.29% N-63.71%

Orkney Islands are even more against it....

Orkney Islands 17,806 Y-32.80% N-67.20%

That's all that was available when I checked. More results to follow....

cadaverdog
09-18-2014, 10:33 PM

87.09%

That's not an easy thing to research without some parameters added. The highest turnout for a U S presidential election was in 1876 with 81.8% of registered voters casting a ballot. Rutherford B Hayes won but he didn't win the popular vote. His opponent Steven Tilden got 50.9% of the popular vote. Hayes was a republican, Tilden a democrat. The next highest was in 1860 when Abe Lincoln won. He won the popular vote and had more electoral votes than the three other candidates combined.

Nickdfresh
09-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Who the HELL would eat imported or CANNED haggis? :jaw:. We make it up here. Every city has a restaurant or pub that pulls it out for Robbie Burns day...

No, it wasn't haggis in a can. It was some sort of meat product from the UK that gave her Mad Cow Disease in the late 1990's severally restricting meat imports thereafter....

Nitro Express
09-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Scotland is only five million people. Independence is a pretty big decision and everyone there knows about it so they are going to turn out at the polls. I wonder what the turn out is for a regular election?

Nitro Express
09-18-2014, 10:59 PM
Ironically enough, it seems the Shetland Isles are decidedly against breaking up the band at all.......

Orkney Islands are even more against it....

That's all that was available when I checked. More results to follow....

If they were called the Shatland Isles nobody would want to live there. It sounds like a shitty place.

Nickdfresh
09-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Reuters is reporting that Unionists have a 4% edge in voting:

Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead: YouGov poll
Reuters
September 17, 2014 6:19 PM

EDINBURGH (Reuters) - Supporters of keeping Scotland in the United Kingdom have a four percentage point lead, the biggest opinion survey of the campaign showed just hours before Scots vote in an independence referendum.

The poll, for the Times and Sun newspapers, showed Scottish support for staying in the United Kingdom on 52 percent with Scottish support for independence on 48 percent, excluding undecideds who number 6 percent of voters.

YouGov said the poll showed men were much more supportive of independence while most women broadly supported staying in the United Kingdom. YouGov questioned 3,237 voters between Sept. 15 and 17.

(Reporting by Alistair Smout, editing by Guy Faulconbridge)

LINK (http://news.yahoo.com/scottish-supporters-united-kingdom-4-percent-point-lead-211616370--sector.html)

That's still shockingly, mindbogglingly close to me :D

lesfunk
09-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Is it true that Indian food is much better in Scotland than in the States?

Nitro Express
09-18-2014, 11:07 PM
To be fair it's a crazy high figure for here too.

I'm convinced it's going to be a no vote about 53-47 which is a shame In a way but it's going to shake things up a lot.

London is getting more and more like Washington becoming corrupted by big business lobbyists and career politicians.

This is a kick in the nuts for them so we'll see what happens next.

The big multinational corporations have become more powerful than governments. It used to be the governments could keep these big corporations in check but now they have too many politicians bought off. The US was in a similar situation a century ago. In fact the wealth gap was about the same. It's seems to be a 100 year cycle. The monopolies form, the rich control a larger percentage of the markets, the citizens get fed up and new politicians come in who start breaking up the party. Usually a crash in the stock market is the final blow which causes things to even out more and more banking regulation comes into place. Why we have some of the problems we have is Alan Greenspan talked Bill Clinton on getting rid of some of the banking legislation that was put in during the 1930's. It opened the door to more corruption. Of course when the economy was good and people were going to get rich flipping real estate nobody cared.

Nitro Express
09-18-2014, 11:12 PM
If Scotland really wanted to make London shit a brick. Get independence and join BRICS. Have your own currency but tie it to the Chinese RMB. The Rothschild would go ape shit. You might get invaded. LOL!

FORD
09-18-2014, 11:22 PM
If they were called the Shatland Isles nobody would want to live there. It sounds like a shitty place.

Yeah, now it only sounds like a place where a bunch of midget horses run around. :biggrin:

Nickdfresh
09-18-2014, 11:27 PM
The big multinational corporations have become more powerful than governments. It used to be the governments could keep these big corporations in check but now they have too many politicians bought off. The US was in a similar situation a century ago. In fact the wealth gap was about the same. It's seems to be a 100 year cycle. The monopolies form, the rich control a larger percentage of the markets, the citizens get fed up and new politicians come in who start breaking up the party. Usually a crash in the stock market is the final blow which causes things to even out more and more banking regulation comes into place. Why we have some of the problems we have is Alan Greenspan talked Bill Clinton on getting rid of some of the banking legislation that was put in during the 1930's. It opened the door to more corruption. Of course when the economy was good and people were going to get rich flipping real estate nobody cared.

http://files2.coloribus.com/files/adsarchive/part_1355/13558805/file/vicks-nyquil-joe-sleepers-small-58774.jpg

Angel
09-18-2014, 11:34 PM
No, it wasn't haggis in a can. It was some sort of meat product from the UK that gave her Mad Cow Disease in the late 1990's severally restricting meat imports thereafter....
You figured that was why it wasn't available there BECAUSE of the tinned meat....BUT...you wouldn't import to start with, so that's not the reason...

cadaverdog
09-19-2014, 12:59 AM
Haggis remains popular with expatriate Scots in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, owing to the strong influence of Scottish culture, especially for Burns Suppers. It can easily be made in any country, but is sometimes imported from Scotland. A recipe from the Canadian province of New Brunswick uses pork and bakes it in a loaf pan.
Since 1971, it has been illegal to import haggis into the US from the UK due to a ban on food containing sheep lung, which constitutes 10 to 15% of the traditional recipe. The situation was further complicated in 1989 when all UK beef and lamb was banned from importation to the US due to the BSE crisis. In 2010, a spokeswoman for the US Department of Agriculture stated that they were reviewing the ban on beef and lamb products, but the ban on food containing sheep lung will remain enforced.
We have our own disgusting sausage. It's called boidin. It'd quite popular in Louisiana. I tried it once when I was back there. Nasty stuff.

cadaverdog
09-19-2014, 01:05 AM
You figured that was why it wasn't available there BECAUSE of the tinned meat....BUT...you wouldn't import to start with, so that's not the reason...
See the post #142.

cadaverdog
09-19-2014, 01:30 AM
It's all over. The nays have it. No independance for Scotland.

FORD
09-19-2014, 01:40 AM
Yep... Highland hasn't reported in yet, but it wouldn't be enough to save it, even if they voted "Yes". Since the trend seemed to be more supporters in the higher populated areas, I was actually shocked that Edinburgh only had 38.9% in favor. When that number came in, it pretty much sealed the deal.

SunisinuS
09-19-2014, 02:35 AM
If Scotland did do it I would have expected them to never have a true national currency as the Scots are so tight-fisted that as soon as their Mint printed the money they would stash it under the floorboards of said Mint. No currency would ever get into circulation. And the Scot standing next to the run would be the only one who ever saw it.

;)

Nitro Express
09-19-2014, 04:28 AM
As most of us figured, the NO vote won. I think too many Scotts are dependent on UK welfare to want to give it up. The elites have figured out if you provide a minimal level of government subsidies you end up with passive subjects who are relatively easy to manage and easily swayed into voting for the politicians the elites own. Independent people are a real pain in the ass and hard to manage. London is happy.

Nitro Express
09-19-2014, 04:32 AM
Haggis remains popular with expatriate Scots in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, owing to the strong influence of Scottish culture, especially for Burns Suppers. It can easily be made in any country, but is sometimes imported from Scotland. A recipe from the Canadian province of New Brunswick uses pork and bakes it in a loaf pan.
Since 1971, it has been illegal to import haggis into the US from the UK due to a ban on food containing sheep lung, which constitutes 10 to 15% of the traditional recipe. The situation was further complicated in 1989 when all UK beef and lamb was banned from importation to the US due to the BSE crisis. In 2010, a spokeswoman for the US Department of Agriculture stated that they were reviewing the ban on beef and lamb products, but the ban on food containing sheep lung will remain enforced.
We have our own disgusting sausage. It's called boidin. It'd quite popular in Louisiana. I tried it once when I was back there. Nasty stuff.

When mystery meat is concerned I stick with eating kosher. I will trust the rabbi to make sure nothing too funky is in the hot dogs or salami.

Nickdfresh
09-19-2014, 06:44 AM

It's the chopped up organs. I think they to have American haggis, but something about not having sheep's lungs or something. I'll Wiki it ;) ..

Nickdfresh
09-19-2014, 06:51 AM
If Scotland did do it I would have expected them to never have a true national currency as the Scots are so tight-fisted that as soon as their Mint printed the money they would stash it under the floorboards of said Mint. No currency would ever get into circulation. And the Scot standing next to the run would be the only one who ever saw it.

;)

The RBS is just a giant mattress scheme :)

Nitro Express
09-19-2014, 10:49 AM
The Royal Bank of Scotland is not a central bank. They don't make money. It's just another shitty corrupt commercial bank like HSBC and Barclays.

vandeleur
09-19-2014, 11:25 AM
10% a bigger margin than most thought .
Salmond has quit , whoever takes over needs to keep the momentum up .
All in all I think Scotland and it's people can be proud , they were a brilliant example of democracy and I think the people's behaviour was something that all countries can aspire to .

FORD
09-19-2014, 12:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUR-HgAtwtg

Don't know if there's anything to the "conspiracy", but this does look a little odd......

Nickdfresh
09-19-2014, 06:32 PM
BTW, both my names are Scottish :D

I'd of voted "Aye!" but secretly would be pleased to have lost but at least have put the scare into Westminster to devolve more power to the Scots...

FORD
09-19-2014, 10:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EKPo3Sg.jpg

cadaverdog
09-20-2014, 12:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EKPo3Sg.jpg
Shouldn't that say you'll never give us freedom?

FORD
09-21-2014, 11:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVZcacmIEK0

Nitro Express
09-24-2014, 11:29 AM
The world breathed a sigh of relief as the results came in, since there was a great deal of anxiety surrounding the issues of trade, energy, and currency if the Scots had gone their own way. With the “No” vote, none of those issues have to be resolved. But that’s not the end. This is the beginning.

If the Scots can call a vote on independence, then why can’t any other region in the world? Catalonia in Spain is obvious, and so is Basque. What about Quebec? Flanders? Texas? The door is now open for people around the world — at least in democratic societies — to claim that it is only fair for citizens to decide their government. The genie of self-rule for small states is out of the bottle with the Scottish vote, even though they agreed to stay in the union.

Many are saying this is just the first attempt at Scottish independence. Since national government corruption is not only rampant in the UK but other parts of the world, the Scottish move might just inspire other regions to attempt to break away. It's a clear sign that people aren't happy with their national governments and one common complaint is the political parties thus the politics is controlled by multinational corporations and not the citizens. In short. People are tired of being robbed.

FORD
09-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Well, if Hillary is the "best" candidate we can get in 2016, then Cascadian Independence is looking better all the time, as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.thomryng.com/arcadiaclub/images/Cascadia_CS05m_hi.jpg

Seshmeister
09-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Many are saying this is just the first attempt at Scottish independence. Since national government corruption is not only rampant in the UK but other parts of the world, the Scottish move might just inspire other regions to attempt to break away. It's a clear sign that people aren't happy with their national governments and one common complaint is the political parties thus the politics is controlled by multinational corporations and not the citizens. In short. People are tired of being robbed.

There is a real popular movement going here which I've never seen in my lifetime.

The main swing has come from people leaving Labour(Democrats) because they are sick of them getting too close to corporations and conservatives.

People that I know are joining political parties and rallies who would never have dreamed of doing that 6 months ago. SNP party membership has doubled in the last week.

We'll see if it lasts but with an election next year it could...

cadaverdog
09-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Many are saying this is just the first attempt at Scottish independence.
The talking heads I saw on tv gave me the impression this was a one time opportunity but I figured the people behind it would try again. If the UK decides to get more involved in the middle eastern crap that's going on right now you know they'll use that to push for independance again in the near future.

Nitro Express
09-24-2014, 02:36 PM
The talking heads I saw on tv gave me the impression this was a one time opportunity but I figured the people behind it would try again. If the UK decides to get more involved in the middle eastern crap that's going on right now you know they'll use that to push for independance again in the near future.

The UK is the middle eastern crap. They just like the US to do the heavy lifting. Hell it's not countries anymore it's multinational corporations and Washington and London are bought and paid for. Saudi money funds ISIS. They go nuts. It's gives the people who want to control the region an excuse to go in. Obama just does it. Without congressional approval and without approval of Syria or the international community. The hell with US constitutional law and international protocols. Whoever is behind this shit is desperate. They want a big war and they are grubbing money wherever they can steal it. Looks to be someone is scared the economy is stuck in a long-term deflationary cycle and when that is the case. Bankers go to jail. Avoid jail by possibly starting World War III. Nice people.

Nitro Express
09-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Well, if Hillary is the "best" candidate we can get in 2016, then Cascadian Independence is looking better all the time, as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.thomryng.com/arcadiaclub/images/Cascadia_CS05m_hi.jpg

Hey I would be in Cascadia if it broke away. Harper is just as bad as Obama or Hillary. No real choices. It can be Jebb Bush, Mitt Romney, Hillary Clinton. No election, just selection. People talk about Texas succeeding but Texas is as politically corrupt as Washington DC is. It's people feeling they have no choice that is fueling this. Heck it's what caused the American Revolution. The colonies were angry that they were shut out of the political process in London.

So Scotland might spark movements around the world in places where people feel they have been locked out and abused. This might be the start of something bigger than we ever imagined. We will see.

FORD
09-24-2014, 02:53 PM
That map is definitely the largest version of Cascadia I've seen yet. I'm not really sure if I want Idaho in the mix, let alone chunks of Montana or Wyoming. Too many right wingers that way. No point in seceding from a country that has gone into the right wing ditch, just to form a new country that STARTS that way.