PDA

View Full Version : An Elvis Sighting

Von Halen
09-30-2014, 09:58 PM
Elvis may have left the building, but he hasn't left his perverted ways!

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z94/Von_Halen/Roth%20Army/Elvis.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Von_Halen/media/Roth%20Army/Elvis.jpg.html)

twonabomber
10-01-2014, 12:19 AM
I should move this to the dump!

Kristy
10-01-2014, 12:30 AM
That's just wrong, Von.

Jesus Christ
10-01-2014, 02:20 AM
Somebody's going to Hell..... :jesuslol:

Diamondjimi
10-01-2014, 07:56 AM
Lmao!

DONNIEP
10-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Somebody's going to Hell..... :jesuslol:

Tell 'em Jesus!! I've been trying to tell these heathens the same thing for years but they don't listen to me.

Seshmeister
10-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Ludicrously the kid in the picture is facing jail time in Pennsylvania for blasphemy.

http://nypost.com/2014/09/12/teen-could-face-prison-after-simulating-sex-act-with-jesus-statue/

Jérôme Frenchise
10-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Isn't that Jesus statue tempting misinterpretation with that suggestive posture?

Guitar Shark
10-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Weird, I always pictured ELVIS as a black dude.

VetteLS5
10-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Ludicrously the kid in the picture is facing jail time in Pennsylvania for blasphemy.

http://nypost.com/2014/09/12/teen-could-face-prison-after-simulating-sex-act-with-jesus-statue/

Well, it is a little blasphemous.

VetteLS5
10-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Weird, I always pictured ELVIS as a black dude.

cadaverdog
10-01-2014, 05:55 PM

The kid isn't facing jail time for blasphemy he's facing jail time for "desecration of a venerated object".
The crime is a misdemeanor and involves “defacing, damaging, polluting or otherwise, physically mistreating in a way that the actor knows will outrage the sensibilities of persons likely to observe or discover the action”.
I don't think that should be a crime but I wouldn't call it a crime if someone would have caught the little bastard and slapped the shit out of him either. There's no law that says atheists can't respect other people beliefs but some of them act like there is.

DONNIEP
10-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Well, it is a little blasphemous.

A little?? He's goin on the Hell Express when he dies! Everybody - turn before you burn!!!

cadaverdog
10-01-2014, 06:05 PM
A little?? He's goin on the Hell Express when he dies! Everybody - turn before you burn!!!
I started to post the same sentiment but I assumed the underlining of the word "little" was to clarify it as sarcasm.

Angel
10-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Pffft.

Seshmeister
10-01-2014, 07:53 PM
The kid isn't facing jail time for blasphemy he's facing jail time for "desecration of a venerated object".
The crime is a misdemeanor and involves “defacing, damaging, polluting or otherwise, physically mistreating in a way that the actor knows will outrage the sensibilities of persons likely to observe or discover the action”.

What a fucking ridiculous law.

No damage was done to the cheesy crappy bit of tat and the kid even apologized.

Why bomb ISIS when you have the same fundamentalist crap going on in your own country?

Of course the most ludicrous thing about all of is that the superstitious goat herder book is repeatedly on the side of the kid.

Only a couple of lines against gay sex but if there is one thing that got them going it was worshiping idols...

Exodus 20:3-6 ESV / 319 helpful votes

“You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Colossians 3:5 ESV / 156 helpful votes

Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

1 John 5:21 ESV / 153 helpful votes

Little children, keep yourselves from idols.

Jonah 2:8 ESV / 147 helpful votes

Those who pay regard to vain idols forsake their hope of steadfast love.

Isaiah 44:9-20 ESV / 129 helpful votes

All who fashion idols are nothing, and the things they delight in do not profit. Their witnesses neither see nor know, that they may be put to shame. Who fashions a god or casts an idol that is profitable for nothing? Behold, all his companions shall be put to shame, and the craftsmen are only human. Let them all assemble, let them stand forth. They shall be terrified; they shall be put to shame together. The ironsmith takes a cutting tool and works it over the coals. He fashions it with hammers and works it with his strong arm. He becomes hungry, and his strength fails; he drinks no water and is faint. The carpenter stretches a line; he marks it out with a pencil. He shapes it with planes and marks it with a compass. He shapes it into the figure of a man, with the beauty of a man, to dwell in a house.

Psalm 16:4 ESV / 97 helpful votes

The sorrows of those who run after another god shall multiply; their drink offerings of blood I will not pour out or take their names on my lips.

Galatians 5:19-21 ESV / 80 helpful votes

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Leviticus 19:4 ESV / 74 helpful votes

Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves any gods of cast metal: I am the Lord your God.

1 Corinthians 10:14 ESV / 64 helpful votes

Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.

Jeremiah 11:12 ESV / 64 helpful votes

Then the cities of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem will go and cry to the gods to whom they make offerings, but they cannot save them in the time of their trouble.

Deuteronomy 12:32-13:18 ESV / 58 helpful votes

“Everything that I command you, you shall be careful to do. You shall not add to it or take from it. “If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him.

Galatians 4:8 ESV / 48 helpful votes

Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods.

Exodus 20:1-8 ESV / 46 helpful votes

And God spoke all these words, saying, “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,

Revelation 9:20 ESV / 44 helpful votes

The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands nor give up worshiping demons and idols of gold and silver and bronze and stone and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk,

Jeremiah 7:18 ESV / 41 helpful votes

The children gather wood, the fathers kindle fire, and the women knead dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven. And they pour out drink offerings to other gods, to provoke me to anger.

Isaiah 45:20 ESV / 41 helpful votes

“Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save.

Psalm 135:15-18 ESV / 37 helpful votes

The idols of the nations are silver and gold, the work of human hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; they have eyes, but do not see; they have ears, but do not hear, nor is there any breath in their mouths. Those who make them become like them, so do all who trust in them!

Hosea 11:2 ESV / 32 helpful votes

The more they were called, the more they went away; they kept sacrificing to the Baals and burning offerings to idols.

Jeremiah 10:3-16 ESV / 31 helpful votes

For the customs of the peoples are vanity. A tree from the forest is cut down and worked with an axe by the hands of a craftsman. They decorate it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so that it cannot move. Their idols are like scarecrows in a cucumber field, and they cannot speak; they have to be carried, for they cannot walk. Do not be afraid of them, for they cannot do evil, neither is it in them to do good.” There is none like you, O Lord; you are great, and your name is great in might. Who would not fear you, O King of the nations? For this is your due; for among all the wise ones of the nations and in all their kingdoms there is none like you.

Judges 10:14 ESV / 31 helpful votes

Go and cry out to the gods whom you have chosen; let them save you in the time of your distress.”

Exodus 23:13 ESV / 28 helpful votes

“Pay attention to all that I have said to you, and make no mention of the names of other gods, nor let it be heard on your lips.

1 Corinthians 10:7 ESV / 27 helpful votes

Do not be idolaters as some of them were; as it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to play.”

1 Samuel 15:23 ESV / 24 helpful votes

For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and presumption is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, he has also rejected you from being king.”

Psalm 115:1-18 ESV / 23 helpful votes

Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness! Why should the nations say, “Where is their God?” Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases. Their idols are silver and gold, the work of human hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see.

Deuteronomy 7:26 ESV / 21 helpful votes

And you shall not bring an abominable thing into your house and become devoted to destruction like it. You shall utterly detest and abhor it, for it is devoted to destruction.

Acts 17:29 ESV / 20 helpful votes

Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and imagination of man.

Jeremiah 1:16 ESV / 19 helpful votes

And I will declare my judgments against them, for all their evil in forsaking me. They have made offerings to other gods and worshiped the works of their own hands.

Micah 5:13 ESV / 18 helpful votes

And I will cut off your carved images and your pillars from among you, and you shall bow down no more to the work of your hands;

1 Corinthians 6:9 ESV / 17 helpful votes

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

Romans 1:23 ESV / 17 helpful votes

And exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Jeremiah 10:15 ESV / 17 helpful votes

They are worthless, a work of delusion; at the time of their punishment they shall perish.

Isaiah 65:3 ESV / 17 helpful votes

A people who provoke me to my face continually, sacrificing in gardens and making offerings on bricks;

1 Corinthians 12:2 ESV / 16 helpful votes

You know that when you were pagans you were led astray to mute idols, however you were led.

1 Corinthians 10:20-22 ESV / 15 helpful votes

No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. Shall we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

Malachi 2:11-13 ESV / 15 helpful votes

Judah has been faithless, and abomination has been committed in Israel and in Jerusalem. For Judah has profaned the sanctuary of the Lord, which he loves, and has married the daughter of a foreign god. May the Lord cut off from the tents of Jacob any descendant of the man who does this, who brings an offering to the Lord of hosts! And this second thing you do. You cover the Lord's altar with tears, with weeping and groaning because he no longer regards the offering or accepts it with favor from your hand.

Jeremiah 13:9-27 ESV / 15 helpful votes

“Thus says the Lord: Even so will I spoil the pride of Judah and the great pride of Jerusalem. This evil people, who refuse to hear my words, who stubbornly follow their own heart and have gone after other gods to serve them and worship them, shall be like this loincloth, which is good for nothing. For as the loincloth clings to the waist of a man, so I made the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah cling to me, declares the Lord, that they might be for me a people, a name, a praise, and a glory, but they would not listen. “You shall speak to them this word: ‘Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, “Every jar shall be filled with wine.”’ And they will say to you, ‘Do we not indeed know that every jar will be filled with wine?’ Then you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord: Behold, I will fill with drunkenness all the inhabitants of this land: the kings who sit on David's throne, the priests, the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Isaiah 46:7 ESV / 15 helpful votes

They lift it to their shoulders, they carry it, they set it in its place, and it stands there; it cannot move from its place. If one cries to it, it does not answer or save him from his trouble.

Isaiah 2:8 ESV / 15 helpful votes

Their land is filled with idols; they bow down to the work of their hands, to what their own fingers have made.

Revelation 21:8 ESV / 14 helpful votes

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Jeremiah 44:17 ESV / 14 helpful votes

But we will do everything that we have vowed, make offerings to the queen of heaven and pour out drink offerings to her, as we did, both we and our fathers, our kings and our officials, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For then we had plenty of food, and prospered, and saw no disaster.

Isaiah 44:17 ESV / 14 helpful votes

And the rest of it he makes into a god, his idol, and falls down to it and worships it. He prays to it and says, “Deliver me, for you are my god!”

Revelation 2:14 ESV / 13 helpful votes

But I have a few things against you: you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, so that they might eat food sacrificed to idols and practice sexual immorality.

Habakkuk 2:18 ESV / 13 helpful votes

“What profit is an idol when its maker has shaped it, a metal image, a teacher of lies? For its maker trusts in his own creation when he makes speechless idols!

Deuteronomy 7:25 ESV / 13 helpful votes

The carved images of their gods you shall burn with fire. You shall not covet the silver or the gold that is on them or take it for yourselves, lest you be ensnared by it, for it is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Revelation 17:1-6 ESV / 12 helpful votes

Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who is seated on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality, and with the wine of whose sexual immorality the dwellers on earth have become drunk.” And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness, and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was full of blasphemous names, and it had seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and jewels and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality. And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: “Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth's abominations.”

1 Corinthians 10:19 ESV / 12 helpful votes

What do I imply then? That food offered to idols is anything, or that an idol is anything?

Hosea 9:10 ESV / 12 helpful votes

Like grapes in the wilderness, I found Israel. Like the first fruit on the fig tree in its first season, I saw your fathers. But they came to Baal-peor and consecrated themselves to the thing of shame, and became detestable like the thing they loved.

Daniel 5:23 ESV / 12 helpful votes

But you have lifted up yourself against the Lord of heaven. And the vessels of his house have been brought in before you, and you and your lords, your wives, and your concubines have drunk wine from them. And you have praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood, and stone, which do not see or hear or know, but the God in whose hand is your breath, and whose are all your ways, you have not honored.

Jeremiah 8:2 ESV / 12 helpful votes

And they shall be spread before the sun and the moon and all the host of heaven, which they have loved and served, which they have gone after, and which they have sought and worshiped. And they shall not be gathered or buried. They shall be as dung on the surface of the ground.

Exodus 32:6 ESV / 12 helpful votes

And they rose up early the next day and offered burnt offerings and brought peace offerings. And the people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to play.

Acts 17:23 ESV / 11 helpful votes

For as I passed along and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, ‘To the unknown god.’ What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you.

Ezekiel 14:1-14 ESV / 11 helpful votes

Then certain of the elders of Israel came to me and sat before me. And the word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, these men have taken their idols into their hearts, and set the stumbling block of their iniquity before their faces. Should I indeed let myself be consulted by them? Therefore speak to them and say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Any one of the house of Israel who takes his idols into his heart and sets the stumbling block of his iniquity before his face, and yet comes to the prophet, I the Lord will answer him as he comes with the multitude of his idols, that I may lay hold of the hearts of the house of Israel, who are all estranged from me through their idols.

Ezekiel 7:19 ESV / 11 helpful votes

They cast their silver into the streets, and their gold is like an unclean thing. Their silver and gold are not able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. They cannot satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it. For it was the stumbling block of their iniquity.

Jeremiah 16:20 ESV / 11 helpful votes

Can man make for himself gods? Such are not gods!”

Jeremiah 8:19 ESV / 11 helpful votes

Behold, the cry of the daughter of my people from the length and breadth of the land: “Is the Lord not in Zion? Is her King not in her?” “Why have they provoked me to anger with their carved images and with their foreign idols?”

Isaiah 46:6 ESV / 11 helpful votes

Those who lavish gold from the purse, and weigh out silver in the scales, hire a goldsmith, and he makes it into a god; then they fall down and worship!

Isaiah 17:8 ESV / 11 helpful votes

He will not look to the altars, the work of his hands, and he will not look on what his own fingers have made, either the Asherim or the altars of incense.

Deuteronomy 27:15 ESV / 11 helpful votes

“‘Cursed be the man who makes a carved or cast metal image, an abomination to the Lord, a thing made by the hands of a craftsman, and sets it up in secret.’ And all the people shall answer and say, ‘Amen.’

1 Peter 4:4 ESV / 10 helpful votes

With respect to this they are surprised when you do not join them in the same flood of debauchery, and they malign you;

Acts 15:29 ESV / 10 helpful votes

That you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.”

Habakkuk 2:19 ESV / 10 helpful votes

Woe to him who says to a wooden thing, Awake; to a silent stone, Arise! Can this teach? Behold, it is overlaid with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in it.

Micah 6:7 ESV / 10 helpful votes

Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?”

Amos 4:4 ESV / 10 helpful votes

“Come to Bethel, and transgress; to Gilgal, and multiply transgression; bring your sacrifices every morning, your tithes every three days;

Daniel 3:5-7 ESV / 10 helpful votes

That when you hear the sound of the horn, pipe, lyre, trigon, harp, bagpipe, and every kind of music, you are to fall down and worship the golden image that King Nebuchadnezzar has set up. And whoever does not fall down and worship shall immediately be cast into a burning fiery furnace.” Therefore, as soon as all the peoples heard the sound of the horn, pipe, lyre, trigon, harp, bagpipe, and every kind of music, all the peoples, nations, and languages fell down and worshiped the golden image that King Nebuchadnezzar had set up.

Ezekiel 20:31 ESV / 10 helpful votes

When you present your gifts and offer up your children in fire, you defile yourselves with all your idols to this day. And shall I be inquired of by you, O house of Israel? As I live, declares the Lord God, I will not be inquired of by you.

Ezekiel 6:1-14 ESV / 10 helpful votes

The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, set your face toward the mountains of Israel, and prophesy against them, and say, You mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord God! Thus says the Lord God to the mountains and the hills, to the ravines and the valleys: Behold, I, even I, will bring a sword upon you, and I will destroy your high places. Your altars shall become desolate, and your incense altars shall be broken, and I will cast down your slain before your idols. And I will lay the dead bodies of the people of Israel before their idols, and I will scatter your bones around your altars.

Jeremiah 51:17 ESV / 10 helpful votes

Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols, for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.

Jeremiah 48:35 ESV / 10 helpful votes

And I will bring to an end in Moab, declares the Lord, him who offers sacrifice in the high place and makes offerings to his god.

Isaiah 57:13 ESV / 10 helpful votes

When you cry out, let your collection of idols deliver you! The wind will carry them off, a breath will take them away. But he who takes refuge in me shall possess the land and shall inherit my holy mountain.

Isaiah 42:17 ESV / 10 helpful votes

They are turned back and utterly put to shame, who trust in carved idols, who say to metal images, “You are our gods.”

Isaiah 2:20 ESV / 10 helpful votes

In that day mankind will cast away their idols of silver and their idols of gold, which they made for themselves to worship, to the moles and to the bats,

Isaiah 2:6-22 ESV / 10 helpful votes

For you have rejected your people, the house of Jacob, because they are full of things from the east and of fortune-tellers like the Philistines, and they strike hands with the children of foreigners. Their land is filled with silver and gold, and there is no end to their treasures; their land is filled with horses, and there is no end to their chariots. Their land is filled with idols; they bow down to the work of their hands, to what their own fingers have made. So man is humbled, and each one is brought low— do not forgive them! Enter into the rock and hide in the dust from before the terror of the Lord, and from the splendor of his majesty.

Revelation 2:20-22 ESV / 9 helpful votes

But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols. I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality. Behold, I will throw her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her I will throw into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works,

Micah 6:16 ESV / 9 helpful votes

For you have kept the statutes of Omri, and all the works of the house of Ahab; and you have walked in their counsels, that I may make you a desolation, and your inhabitants a hissing; so you shall bear the scorn of my people.”

Micah 1:7 ESV / 9 helpful votes

All her carved images shall be beaten to pieces, all her wages shall be burned with fire, and all her idols I will lay waste, for from the fee of a prostitute she gathered them, and to the fee of a prostitute they shall return.

Hosea 1:2 ESV / 9 helpful votes

When the Lord first spoke through Hosea, the Lord said to Hosea, “Go, take to yourself a wife of whoredom and have children of whoredom, for the land commits great whoredom by forsaking the Lord.”

Ezekiel 18:6 ESV / 9 helpful votes

If he does not eat upon the mountains or lift up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, does not defile his neighbor's wife or approach a woman in her time of menstrual impurity,

Ezekiel 16:17 ESV / 9 helpful votes

You also took your beautiful jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given you, and made for yourself images of men, and with them played the whore.

Jeremiah 32:35 ESV / 9 helpful votes

They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Jeremiah 19:13 ESV / 9 helpful votes

The houses of Jerusalem and the houses of the kings of Judah—all the houses on whose roofs offerings have been offered to all the host of heaven, and drink offerings have been poured out to other gods—shall be defiled like the place of Topheth.’”

Isaiah 57:6 ESV / 9 helpful votes

Among the smooth stones of the valley is your portion; they, they, are your lot; to them you have poured out a drink offering, you have brought a grain offering. Shall I relent for these things?

Isaiah 40:12-26 ESV / 9 helpful votes

Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand and marked off the heavens with a span, enclosed the dust of the earth in a measure and weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance? Who has measured the Spirit of the Lord, or what man shows him his counsel? Whom did he consult, and who made him understand? Who taught him the path of justice, and taught him knowledge, and showed him the way of understanding? Behold, the nations are like a drop from a bucket, and are accounted as the dust on the scales; behold, he takes up the coastlands like fine dust. Lebanon would not suffice for fuel, nor are its beasts enough for a burnt offering.

2 Chronicles 28:23 ESV / 9 helpful votes

For he sacrificed to the gods of Damascus that had defeated him and said, “Because the gods of the kings of Syria helped them, I will sacrifice to them that they may help me.” But they were the ruin of him and of all Israel.

Genesis 31:19 ESV / 9 helpful votes

Laban had gone to shear his sheep, and Rachel stole her father's household gods.

Revelation 9:21 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Nor did they repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Romans 1:24 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves,

Acts 17:22 ESV / 8 helpful votes

So Paul, standing in the midst of the Areopagus, said: “Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are very religious.

Zechariah 10:2 ESV / 8 helpful votes

For the household gods utter nonsense, and the diviners see lies; they tell false dreams and give empty consolation. Therefore the people wander like sheep; they are afflicted for lack of a shepherd.

Zephaniah 1:5 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Those who bow down on the roofs to the host of the heavens, those who bow down and swear to the Lord and yet swear by Milcom,

Hosea 14:8 ESV / 8 helpful votes

O Ephraim, what have I to do with idols? It is I who answer and look after you. I am like an evergreen cypress; from me comes your fruit.

Daniel 11:38 ESV / 8 helpful votes

He shall honor the god of fortresses instead of these. A god whom his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts.

Daniel 3:3 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Then the satraps, the prefects, and the governors, the counselors, the treasurers, the justices, the magistrates, and all the officials of the provinces gathered for the dedication of the image that King Nebuchadnezzar had set up. And they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up.

Jeremiah 51:52 ESV / 8 helpful votes

“Therefore, behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will execute judgment upon her images, and through all her land the wounded shall groan.

Isaiah 57:3-13 ESV / 8 helpful votes

But you, draw near, sons of the sorceress, offspring of the adulterer and the loose woman. Whom are you mocking? Against whom do you open your mouth wide and stick out your tongue? Are you not children of transgression, the offspring of deceit, you who burn with lust among the oaks, under every green tree, who slaughter your children in the valleys, under the clefts of the rocks? Among the smooth stones of the valley is your portion; they, they, are your lot; to them you have poured out a drink offering, you have brought a grain offering. Shall I relent for these things? On a high and lofty mountain you have set your bed, and there you went up to offer sacrifice.

Isaiah 21:9 ESV / 8 helpful votes

And behold, here come riders, horsemen in pairs!” And he answered, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon; and all the carved images of her gods he has shattered to the ground.”

1 Samuel 7:2-3 ESV / 8 helpful votes

From the day that the ark was lodged at Kiriath-jearim, a long time passed, some twenty years, and all the house of Israel lamented after the Lord. And Samuel said to all the house of Israel, “If you are returning to the Lord with all your heart, then put away the foreign gods and the Ashtaroth from among you and direct your heart to the Lord and serve him only, and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines.”

Romans 1:22 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Claiming to be wise, they became fools,

Zephaniah 1:1-18 ESV / 7 helpful votes

The word of the Lord that came to Zephaniah the son of Cushi, son of Gedaliah, son of Amariah, son of Hezekiah, in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah. “I will utterly sweep away everything from the face of the earth,” declares the Lord. “I will sweep away man and beast; I will sweep away the birds of the heavens and the fish of the sea, and the rubble with the wicked. I will cut off mankind from the face of the earth,” declares the Lord. “I will stretch out my hand against Judah and against all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off from this place the remnant of Baal and the name of the idolatrous priests along with the priests, those who bow down on the roofs to the host of the heavens, those who bow down and swear to the Lord and yet swear by Milcom,

Hosea 13:1-4 ESV / 6 helpful votes

When Ephraim spoke, there was trembling; he was exalted in Israel, but he incurred guilt through Baal and died. And now they sin more and more, and make for themselves metal images, idols skillfully made of their silver, all of them the work of craftsmen. It is said of them, “Those who offer human sacrifice kiss calves!” Therefore they shall be like the morning mist or like the dew that goes early away, like the chaff that swirls from the threshing floor or like smoke from a window. But I am the Lord your God from the land of Egypt; you know no God but me, and besides me there is no savior.

DONNIEP
10-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Pffft.

Break out the camel saddle and hump your way down here so I can take you to church!

See what I did there with the hump thing? I think that's called a double entendre or some other French word.

DONNIEP
10-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Great. Elvis takes off so sesh starts posting half the Bible in one shot.

Angel
10-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Break out the camel saddle and hump your way down here so I can take you to church!

See what I did there with the hump thing? I think that's called a double entendre or some other French word.
Nah, I've been to church. Did nothing for me. Besides, your religion says man was made first...I'm more interested in the ones that put women first these days. ;)

DONNIEP
10-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Nah, I've been to church. Did nothing for me. Besides, your religion says man was made first...I'm more interested in the ones that put women first these days. ;)

True. But then God had to go back and make woman because man couldn't accomplish jack shit without one by his side. Honestly, how do gay men ever get anything accomplished without a woman to keep em in line?

cadaverdog
10-02-2014, 01:44 AM
Why bomb ISIS when you have the same fundamentalist crap going on in your own country?

Exaggerate much? If we had the same shit going on here somebody would have killed the little bastard.

FORD
10-02-2014, 02:07 AM
Exaggerate much? If we had the same shit going on here somebody would have killed the little bastard.

No, they would have killed the person who made the statue, so the little bastard would have never been able to stage his little perversion with the statue.

Islam takes that graven image stuff seriously. They didn't even like Mohammed (PBUH) being depicted on South Park, and he's just the prophet, not Allah Himself.

vandeleur
10-02-2014, 04:19 AM

Hahaha

ZahZoo
10-02-2014, 11:23 AM

No shit!!

Talk about channeling the spirit... Sesh, you got pea-soup stains all over your keyboard and bent crucifixes stuck into your office walls?

I think Big-E™ put one of them Louisiana Voodoo Vex spells on ole Sesh...

DONNIEP
10-02-2014, 04:56 PM
What this thread really needs is some Muhammad cartoons!!

vandeleur
10-02-2014, 05:07 PM
What this thread really needs is some Muhammad cartoons!!

Float like a butterfly sting like a bee

DONNIEP
10-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Float like a butterfly sting like a bee

Nope. The other one. The one that got the board jihacked...

ELVIS
10-02-2014, 09:54 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/c1/0f/94/c10f947336cfc2cc0f07b9d3509c181c.jpg

:seshbola:

Hardrock69
10-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Well, if the kid was named Jesus, wouldn't that be Jesus fucking Christ?

Seshmeister
10-06-2014, 11:58 AM
So the sentence from the Christian Taliban is in.

350 hours community service
10 pm curfew even though it didn't happen at night
A criminal record
Banned from social media

The church who owned the concrete statue accepted his apology and said he shouldn't be punished.
The invisible omnipotent cloud daddy was unavailable for comment...

cadaverdog
10-06-2014, 01:19 PM
So the sentence from the Christian Taliban is in.

350 hours community service
10 pm curfew even though it didn't happen at night
A criminal record
Banned from social media

The church who owned the concrete statue accepted his apology and said he shouldn't be punished.

Brought to you by the Scottish minister of propaganda for the atheist Taliban.

FORD
10-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Well, if the kid was named Jesus, wouldn't that be Jesus fucking Christ?

Looks a little too blonde to be a "Hayzoos"

So unless his father's name was Levon, not likely......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mire1WJKdR8

ELVIS
10-06-2014, 03:31 PM
The invisible omnipotent cloud daddy was unavailable for comment...

Of course He's unavailable to you...

VetteLS5
10-06-2014, 03:53 PM

negative 20 or so?

Jesus Christ
10-06-2014, 04:05 PM

Give Me a break, Gregory! It's the Jewish high holidays. Do ye want Me to post on Yom Kippur, for Dad's sake?? :jesuslol:

vandeleur
10-06-2014, 04:29 PM
I thought he was gone , Internet disconnected living in a cave or a whale or some shite .

Well who knew it Elvis talks a load of bollocks , go figure. .

Nickdfresh
10-07-2014, 02:08 PM
I thought he was gone , Internet disconnected living in a cave or a whale or some shite .

Well who knew it Elvis talks a load of bollocks , go figure. .

Once in a while, when "The Overseers" aren't watching, he can sneak onto the computer after ingesting some forbidden protein... :)

http://www.villagebaptisthome.org/sites/default/files/Cult-group.jpg

Hardrock69
10-08-2014, 08:18 PM
His overseer is his husband who keeps him chained under the mobile home.