PDA

View Full Version : And your nominees for Rock Hall induction 2015 are...

twonabomber
10-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Nine Inch Nails
Sting
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Green Day
Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Chic
Kraftwerk
the Marvelettes
N.W.A.
Lou Reed
the Smiths
the Spinners
War
Bill Withers

As usual, nine or ten get inducted every year. My guess: SRV, NIN get picked. Sting will, but the Rock Hall will also cite his activist work with AI and the Rainforest thing. Let's face it, there isn't much influential about his solo stuff.

Or I could just say leave Green Day, the Smiths, and NWA off that above list. I would rather see the Cure get in before the Smiths.

http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ssf/2014/10/nine_inch_nails_green_day_joan.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Hardrock69
10-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Deep Purple
Thin Lizzy
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest

They should already be in there, instead of inducting idiots who are not "rock" musicians at all. NWA have nothing to do with rock music. If they want to create a "Rap Hall Of Fame", they surely belong.

Here is a list of snubs so far:

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/The_Snub_List.php

twonabomber
10-09-2014, 10:37 AM
There's a lot of crap on that list, and a lot of stuff that isn't very influential.

Too many people confuse popular or successful with influential. There are commenters on the Plain Dealer site who say "But Chicago is still touring!" and that doesn't mean shit. When do you ever hear of a young band citing Chicago (or fill in someone) as an influence? Same with the Moody Blues, their fans will not STFU. Sure, they have songs that are still (sadly) played today, but are they INFLUENTIAL? Have they added to the "perpetuation of rock and roll?"

That is not to say that I agree with the HOF foundation's policies. I know Jann Wenner has vendettas against a lot of artists and will not consider them for induction, and that's bullshit.

TFM_Dale
10-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Faith No More not being in is one of many examples of the R&R HOF being a crock.

Seshmeister
10-09-2014, 10:46 AM
That twat Morrissey announced he had been getting treated for cancer so I guess that will have moved The Smiths up the list.

If it's to do with influence then 'Kraftwerk' should have been in years ago.

Their definition of rock seems to be anything that isn't classical?

Seshmeister
10-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Bill Withers should be in the 'joke punchline' hall of fame. :)

Seshmeister
10-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Deep Purple

That would involve inducting about 25 people... :)

Kristy
10-09-2014, 10:53 AM
All ghey. Except for Kraftwerk who are not really rock and roll at all.

TFM_Dale
10-09-2014, 10:59 AM
That twat Morrissey announced he had been getting treated for cancer so I guess that will have moved The Smiths up the list.

If it's to do with influence then 'Kraftwerk' should have been in years ago.

Their definition of rock seems to be anything that isn't classical?
Never understood the fuss over Morrissey. The UK must have far better drugs than we have over here.

Seshmeister
10-09-2014, 11:02 AM
All ghey. Except for Kraftwerk who are not really rock and roll at all.

So do you and the young hipsters party to this kind of thing at the weekends?

TFM_Dale
10-09-2014, 11:03 AM
And Green Day, are you fucking kidding me? They are about as punk rock as Bon Jovi and aren't even among the best 3 man bands of the past few decades. Absolute shit choice as a nominee.

Seshmeister
10-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Never understood the fuss over Morrissey. The UK must have far better drugs than we have over here.

He was huge in the UK. It seemed like in my generation everyone that wasn't into rock music was into The Smiths and there were a lot more of them. The music press worshiped them.

Kristy
10-09-2014, 11:13 AM
So do you and the young hipsters party to this kind of thing at the weekends?

Hipsters like shit in the way of Noah & The Whale NOT Kraftwerk.

Kristy
10-09-2014, 11:16 AM

Go to just about any "pub" in the northern UK and there is Smiths memorabilia adoring the walls from wall-to-wall. After a while you start to you're in a Twilight Zone Smiths yard sale.

TFM_Dale
10-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Besides, Kristy has moved on to Coldplay, her closet is overflowing with their douchey shirts :)

TFM_Dale
10-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Go to just about any "pub" in the northern UK and there is Smiths memorabilia adoring the walls from wall-to-wall. After a while you start to you're in a Twilight Zone Smiths yard sale.
Must be all the tea they drink.

Kristy
10-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Besides, Kristy has moved on to Coldplay, her closet is overflowing with their douchey shirts :)

Coldplay = librarians with guitars. Gotta love 'em! And how white they are.

DONNIEP
10-09-2014, 12:55 PM
The Go Go's still not nominated??? Travesty!!

FORD
10-09-2014, 01:08 PM
That would involve inducting about 25 people... :)

Well, that's definitely what has kept them out for so long. The bands with ridiculous numbers of personnel changes always take longer to induct.

But there doesn't need to be any controversy about it. Look at the credits on the Machine Head album. That's who gets in.

Rod Evans might have been deserving for his early work, but he disqualified himself with that Faux Purple tour in 1980.

Coverdale? I hate the fucking cheeseball, but I'm sure some folks will insist on him. And Tommy Bolin wasn't even in the band very long, but the dead guys always get inducted, so he's probably a lock.

End of story. No Joe Lynn Hairplugs. No scabs who joined after the "Perfect Strangers" era reunion crashed and burned. And if they play live, it's the real lineup or nothing. Except for Jon Lord of course, who probably won't be able to make the gig.

FORD
10-09-2014, 01:10 PM
The Go Go's still not nominated??? Travesty!!

I'd vote for them before I'd vote for a goddamned disco band.

FORD
10-09-2014, 01:16 PM
As for Sting.... he's already in as a member of the Police. I don't think any of his solo work was particularly "hall of fame" worthy.

Joan Jett definitely belongs there, but so do the rest of the Runaways. Before them, all girl groups did was sing. The Runaways proved that chicks could actually rock.

Chic? Yeah, I know they were great musicians, but disco still sucks, and it ain't rock n roll. Tony Thompson and Bernard Edwards are dead, so they won't give a shit either way, and Nile Rodgers can always be inducted as a producer or sideman or whatever. Not for being the band that wrote "Freak Out" or whatever the fuck that annoying disco shit song was called.

twonabomber
10-09-2014, 01:22 PM
As for Sting.... he's already in as a member of the Police. I don't think any of his solo work was particularly "hall of fame" worthy.

Yeah. Sting did stretch it out a little, bringing in the more jazz guys on Blue Turtles, but it's not like that hadn't already been done. And then he went full blown "easy listening" later in the 90's...forget it. Anything past Ten Summoner's Tales brings the ZZZZZ's.

DONNIEP
10-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Not for being the band that wrote "Freak Out" or whatever the fuck that annoying disco shit song was called.

The song was initially called Fuck Off. I think they shoulda left it that way.

Ah, I like some disco. I woulda thought you'd like it too, since you post all those gay videos all the time.

:biggrin:

twonabomber
10-09-2014, 01:44 PM
Awww..fuck off!

Rodgers told the whole story in his book. Kinda funny.

hambon4lif
10-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Nine Inch Nails
Sting
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Green Day
Chic
Kraftwerk
the Marvelettes
N.W.A.
Lou Reed
the Smiths
the Spinners
War
Bill Withers

As usual, nine or ten get inducted every year. My guess: SRV, NIN get picked. Sting will, but the Rock Hall will also cite his activist work with AI and the Rainforest thing. Let's face it, there isn't much influential about his solo stuff.

Or I could just say leave Green Day, the Smiths, and NWA off that above list. I would rather see the Cure get in before the Smiths.

http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ssf/2014/10/nine_inch_nails_green_day_joan.html#incart_m-rpt-1If N.W.A. gets in before Cheap Trick it will be a prime example of how the world is motherfucking imploding.

The RRHOF can shove a spool of barbed- wire up their ass.

Fuck them!

Edwards3rdWife
10-09-2014, 02:20 PM
I tried to read Belinda Carlisle's book but it was so boring I had to throw it back in the bin halfway thru. How that " band " made it I'm sure I don't know.

twonabomber
10-09-2014, 02:45 PM
5 girls = lotta blowjobs for record label execs.

Kristy
10-09-2014, 07:19 PM

Particularly that album he did of "lute music."

twonabomber
10-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Particularly that album he did of "lute music."

LOL...I was talking to an older guy when I was in line for the Police reunion tix. He kept bringing up Sting's later solo stuff and even the lute disc. I'd bring up Police stuff and he'd switch topics pretty fast. I may have told him I didn't think he was going to like this reunion show, 'cause he wasn't going to hear any of that shit.

Hardrock69
10-09-2014, 09:56 PM
I saw him twice here in Gnashville, both times at Starwood. Once with Annie Lennox opening. I agree he melted into easy-listening, but he is older now and more lame.

The most kickass jazz musicians on the planet won't be able to improve the lameness of a song if it is fucking lame.

I think the last CD of his I bought was Mercury Rising. That was when I realized he had jumped the shark and was going to be nice quiet, easy listening baby food for the 21st-century senior citizens who want to listen to something not threatening from the past 40 years.

Even though his guitarist Dominic Miller is a great guitarist, I always wanted to write a really heavy metal song with Sting just to see what would happen. We know he has the potential for greatness in the songwriting department.

I just always wanted to hear his music with a roaring Marshall behind him. Dominic's sound is this never-ending shimmery clean compressed sound with heavy signal processing.

It would be interesting to hear him sing over something with balls for a change. Loud, rude, raw guitars.

It will never happen. He has his landed estate in the UK, his hot wife, his millions, can literally do whatever he wants....

So he he writes more pop stuff, and sells a guaranteed amount of albums, and does his usual thing.

Yawn.

But it happens to most bands with long careers like that.

twonabomber
10-09-2014, 11:28 PM
I had seen Sting solo three times, first three tours. Oddly enough all at Blossom. Second time was the night after I saw Pink Floyd. Don't remember openers the first two tours but the third time he had some percussionist named Vinx opening.

My friend and his (then) 12 year old came to the reunion show with me. Friend asks if I think there will be any new Police material, and it didn't take long for me to answer no. Sting's not interested. All the old songs were played in the arrangements he's been using for years. Sting's not going to write a rock record now. He's got his Broadway show, and he toured with Paul Simon.

The closest solo Sting's done to anything loud would have been his remake of Demolition Man.

Copeland's still writing operas and Summers has a new band, Circa Zero. At this point, do they really want to be Sting's back up band again and not have any of their stuff on a new Police album?

Jesus Christ
10-09-2014, 11:53 PM
Why is My servant Phil Keaggy not in the Hall of Fame yet? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIWMrK67_bk

FORD
10-09-2014, 11:55 PM
The song was initially called Fuck Off. I think they shoulda left it that way.

Ah, I like some disco. I woulda thought you'd like it too, since you post all those gay videos all the time.

:biggrin:

That's what's great about Pansy Division. Disco is literally the gayest music ever invented, but Pansy Division hates it as much as I do.

But they did come really close to it once.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAf3a4-m4-0

cadaverdog
10-10-2014, 03:50 AM

Disco sucks. I'm like a confederate soldier when it comes to disco. The war isn't over.
I pulled up next to a guy in a 78 Trans Am wearing a typical silky disco shirt and gold chains at a signal light in my Chevelle one afternoon in the late 70s. I had long scraggly hair and my car was a little ratty looking too. He looked over at me like I was a piece of shit with a big smile on his face like he was the king of the world. I threw him a rev and he shook his head like he thought I was kidding. When the light turned green all he could see was the smoke pouring off my tires as I pulled away from him like he was sitting still. When we got to the next light he no longer had a smile on his face. He looked like somebody just pissed in his Cheerios.

DavidLeeNatra
10-11-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm with Chaim Witz on this one...if we talk about the ROCK AND ROLL Hall of fame, most of the bands should be kicked out. Up the IRONS, I say...and a little Priest wouldn't be that bad either...and didn't they induct all 237 members of the Grateful Dead? So bring Deep Purple...

Kristy
10-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Fucking metal heads whining their corporate bands (yes, Judas Priest is a corporate dog and pony act) are not getting any recognition in some lame beauty contest.

Oh, boo hoo.

DavidLeeNatra
10-11-2014, 04:26 PM
this thread needs some...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM__lPTWThU

Kristy
10-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Ghey.

FORD
10-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Ghey.

Don't even need the hipster spelling on that one. Rob Halford is actually gay.

twonabomber
10-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Don't bother. She's a fucking broken record.

She's gonna come in here and shit on everything everyone else likes and her next thread will be singing the praises of Echo and the fucking Bunnymen.

DavidLeeNatra
10-11-2014, 06:53 PM
well someone is...

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5256/5551298172_98051db105_z.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzpHmbwqHLM

Kristy
10-11-2014, 08:32 PM
...her next thread will be singing the praises of Echo and the fucking Bunnymen.

Don't care much for the new record.

By the way, ever notice how When Echo comes out with a new record U2 soon follows with their new one that sounds just like Echo?

Conspiracy?

BITEYOASS
10-11-2014, 09:08 PM
I wish that diseased cunt named krusty would fuck off and go back to her quest of finding another speedball.

Nickdfresh
10-11-2014, 10:51 PM
Her cunt is a steering wheel, it says so in her Wiki entry!

Kristy
10-11-2014, 11:50 PM
You're god damn right it's a steering wheel."

Kristy
10-12-2014, 12:08 AM
So...what have you been grooving to while high, Kristy?

Glad you asked. First, there is this:
http://www.thedecibeltolls.com/Images/limespiders2.jpg

Balls out garage rock brought to you by fearless kangaroo humpers. Why are they not in the Crock and Constipation Hall Of Drain? Someone please answer me!

What else?
http://www.amoeba.com/sized-images/max/500/500/uploads/albums/covers/by_isrc/63/44/634457207523.jpg

Dave was once a Blaster. I do worry about Dave. Ever seen him without a cigarette? Conspiracy?

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/Haley_Bonar_FB.jpg

That's Haley Bonar. She's no Richie Blackmore. (Hey, that rhymes)

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100503170127/lyricwiki/images/8/88/Joe_Jackson_-_Body_And_Soul.jpg

If anyone deserves to be represented in that Cleveland monstrosity, it's Joe!

So please, no more self-pity bickering you metal-headed cretins. 1985 was a long, long time ago.

twonabomber
10-12-2014, 04:24 AM
So was Body and Soul, released in 1984.

All your taste is in your mouth.

ashstralia
10-12-2014, 05:46 AM
You're god damn right it's a steering wheel."

One of the local places will let you gently massage a marsupial for the same price as two minute noodles. I bought an hours worth. :)

Kristy
10-12-2014, 10:43 AM
So was Body and Soul, released in 1984.

All your taste is in your mouth.

That's not the point, turdonabummer.

Fairwrning
10-12-2014, 12:53 PM
SRV wasnt in yet..wow..

twonabomber
10-12-2014, 08:37 PM
That's not the point, turdonabummer.

There isn't any point. Your shitting on everything and then praising something eleventybillion times worse is more played out than the term "played out."

Like I said, if you're gonna troll, step it up or shut the fuck up.

Kristy
10-12-2014, 09:57 PM
There isn't any point.

You're one to opine. 99.9% of your post are innocuous shit.

Your shitting on everything and then praising something eleventybillion times worse is more played out than the term "played out."

Your? Besides, you fucking idiot, what is "praised" and what is "shitted upon" is matter of opinion. Shame you never left the insular confines of your parents house to find out the world doesn't think like you. Thank fuck.

Like I said, if you're gonna troll, step it up or shut the fuck up.

What you say and ever will say will never mean shit to me. Grow up, little boy. Mommy wants you to pick up your room.

lesfunk
10-12-2014, 11:11 PM
I vote for CHIC. Not for any other reason that their sax player was on my gig last night and he kicks fucking ass

Nitro Express
10-13-2014, 01:02 AM
I vote for CHIC. Not for any other reason that their sax player was on my gig last night and he kicks fucking ass

Damn. CHIC. I use to listen to them.

Nitro Express
10-13-2014, 01:03 AM
SRV wasnt in yet..wow..

I hope they never tarnish his legacy by inducting him.

Nitro Express
10-13-2014, 01:04 AM
Her cunt is a steering wheel, it says so in her Wiki entry!

I guess her clit is the horn button.

78/84 guy
10-13-2014, 04:51 PM
Nine Inch Nails
Sting
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Green Day
Chic
Kraftwerk
the Marvelettes
N.W.A.
Lou Reed
the Smiths
the Spinners
War
Bill Withers

http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ssf/2014/10/nine_inch_nails_green_day_joan.html#incart_m-rpt-1

A joke of a list. Plain and simple. SRV and maybe Lou who I can't stand.

twonabomber
10-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Your? Besides, you fucking idiot, what is "praised" and what is "shitted upon" is matter of opinion. Shame you never left the insular confines of your parents house to find out the world doesn't think like you. Thank fuck.

Yes, the possessive case of "you." I did not post it as "you are," but I guess they'd both be correct. "You are shitting on everything and then praising something eleventybillion times worse is more played out than the term "played out."" No, that doesn't work, the "is" is wrong. Go sleep off the bong hits and read it again, stupid.

So once again, my little broken record, go fuck yourself.

Kristy
10-13-2014, 09:58 PM
Yes, the possessive case of "you." I did not post it as "you are," but I guess they'd both be correct. "You are shitting on everything and then praising something eleventybillion times worse is more played out than the term "played out."" No, that doesn't work, the "is" is wrong. Go sleep off the bong hits and read it again, stupid.

Sorry, you lost. Go see what mummy wants.

turd on a bummer

Angel
10-13-2014, 10:09 PM

You're...

twonabomber
10-13-2014, 10:16 PM
No, I'm right. It's not Canadian English or stoner English! I meant her posts, as in "your opinions suck." I didn't set out to post "you are shitting on everything and praising something eleventybillion times worse."

Kristy
10-13-2014, 10:46 PM
No, I'm right. It's not Canadian English or stoner English! I meant her posts, as in "your opinions suck." I didn't set out to post "you are shitting on everything and praising something eleventybillion times worse."

You are wrong Mr. Prepositional Phrase Man. You are a clueless dumbass. Your use of "eleventybillion" well...you are just a dumbass.

Go jerk off your Ron Halford poster or whatever it it that middle-aged metal head losers such as yourself do.

Angel
10-14-2014, 12:56 AM

There's no such thing as Canadian English. We speak the Queen's English, same as the UK. If you want to say your opinion sucks, then say it. The way you wrote itnwas incorrect, no matter what your intent may have been...

twonabomber
10-14-2014, 07:42 AM
Canadian English was a joke! If I wanted to be a prick I'd have said you're still in school, ask your teacher! :D

And Krusty...I am going back to my New Wave roots! "Ghey" is gayer than "eleventybillion."

Now quit fucking up my thread, get back to some HOF Foundation bashing. I bet Jann Wenner jerks off to pics of CSNY!

Kristy
10-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Canadian English was a joke! If I wanted to be a prick I'd have said you're still in school, ask your teacher! :D

And Krusty...I am going back to my New Wave roots! "Ghey" is gayer than "eleventybillion."

Now quit fucking up my thread, get back to some HOF Foundation bashing. I bet Jann Wenner jerks off to pics of CSNY!

Oh, now it's YOUR thread.

binnie
10-14-2014, 03:02 PM
NIN are amongst the most important acts of the past 25 years.

SRV is a no-brainer.

No Deep Purple, even after Jon Lord died. Joke.

twonabomber
10-14-2014, 08:36 PM
The Plain Dealer's Michael Heaton (brother of Patricia Heaton, of Everybody Loves Raymond) checks in:

http://www.cleveland.com/ministerofculture/index.ssf/2014/10/2014_rock_hall_nominees_time_for_minister_of_cultu re_to_join_the_hue_and_cry.html#incart_river_enter tainment

N.W.A. – If you don't think rap music belongs in the Rock Hall, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But you are also wrong. Rap embodies the rebellious spirit and DIY ethic that has always been a big part of rock and roll. I vote yes without reservation.

Mr. Vengeance
10-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Why the fuck are the MC5 not in the HOF??????

twonabomber
12-16-2014, 09:53 AM
SRV, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Green Day, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Lou Reed and Bill Withers get the nod. Induction ceremony is in Cleveland this year.

Today's WTF: Ringo Starr is being inducted as a solo artist as the recipient of the Rock Hall's Award for Musical Excellence. ooo-kay....

http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ssf/2014/12/rock_hall_taps_stevie_ray_vaug.html#incart_m-rpt-1

DONNIEP
12-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Bill Withers deserves it. I know a lot of people knock the guy but man I love everything he did except that one damn song I hate.

twonabomber
12-16-2014, 10:35 AM
Green Day and not NIN. Wow.

Kristy
12-16-2014, 11:22 AM
Yes, wow. Corporate rock wins again.

TFM_Dale
12-16-2014, 01:04 PM
Further proof of how much of a fucking joke the hof is.

DONNIEP
12-16-2014, 01:21 PM

Green Day sucks. And they're very unattractive people. I mean, who wants to look at that on stage?

twonabomber
12-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Jann Wenner and Rolling Stone LOVE Green Day. Getting in on first ballot was no surprise.

Probably a good thing NIN didn't get in, Trent Reznor doesn't always have nice things to say about starting here.

Seshmeister
12-16-2014, 05:58 PM
SRV, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Green Day, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Lou Reed and Bill Withers get the nod. Induction ceremony is in Cleveland this year.

Today's WTF: Ringo Starr is being inducted as a solo artist as the recipient of the Rock Hall's Award for Musical Excellence. ooo-kay....

Otherwise known as the 'Special Award to get someone Super Famous to attend'

twonabomber
12-16-2014, 06:08 PM
I say this with peace and love, peace and love...but what else does Ringo have to do?

FORD
12-16-2014, 06:14 PM
My guess is that they had to invent a special category for Ringo, because the other three Beatles all got indvidual inductions as solo artists, based on the strength of the material they wrote. Ringo never wrote anything... he had a few big solo hits, but they were all covers - with the exception of "It Don't Come Easy" which was an original, written by George, who recorded it for his own album, but didn't use it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p5yzdCa2GE

TFM_Dale
12-17-2014, 04:02 PM
The whole thing is a joke, the fans vote isn't even really considered.
http://loudwire.com/nine-inch-nails-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-fan-voting/